It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 108
<< 105  106  107    109  110  111 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: all2human

I glimpsed somewhere earlier that there is a 3.2 km Russian convoy moving through Ukraine ( sorry can’t recall the location) that would make a big target for any remaining air power or drones and seriously sent any land offensive abilities

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Absolutely. It would rain on their heads somewhere else possibly killing dozens.
Sometimes "To crush your enemy. See them driven before you. And to hear the lamentation of their women" is best in life.
edit on 27/2/2022 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: da pickles

Here: www.cnn.com...
edit on 27-2-2022 by WeDemBoyz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 04:34 PM
link   
International legion for the territorial defense of Ukraine was created

News is coming out that special forces members and elite teams from around the world are volunteering and arriving in Poland as we speak
edit on 27-2-2022 by KindraLabelle2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: KindraLabelle2
visitukraine.today... 04/the-international-legion-for-the-territorial-defense-of-ukraine-was-created

News is coming out that special forces members and elite teams from around the world are volunteering and arriving in Poland as we speak

The Russian animal needs to be taught some manors

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 04:37 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

I think you meant "manners" but actually that makes sense to this Brit!

"Get out of my pub"!

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: all2human
Rumors of Significant couldrons forming around kiev, kharkiv, Mauripol and Donbas
Berdyansk apparently under Russian controll

Only makes sense they are trying to defend their cities and of course Russia will surround them. Should have happened all ready they are way behind schedule that should have been done 2 days ago.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 04:45 PM
link   

There has been more than a few convoys wiped out
notice they have no minesweeping or night vision capability?
it's is so badly planned,its not even funny
Take away the nukes,Russia is not a superpower
i would say it is the equivalent in power as Turkey

edit on pmSundaySunday20400000002pm2 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 04:48 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 04:58 PM
link   

notice they have no mineweeping or night vision capability?

Russian Army? Yeah right. One minute they are ruthless killers... the next they are bumbling idiots. Wish people would make their minds up and form thoughtful decision. I dont care if you like Putin or not. Russian soldiers are some of the best in the world on average.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Dont underestimate Russia. They could brute force It or play it long. It takes painful sacrifices and all effort and heart available of UA to slow them down. Who knows the true number of their KIA. To get them out will be a helluva task

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: agenda51

Russian Army? Yeah right. One minute they are ruthless killers... the next they are bumbling idiots. Wish people would make their minds up and form thoughtful decision. I dont care if you like Putin or not. Russian soldiers are some of the best in the world on average.

They have the same problem China does concripted army with little training. Most Russian soldiers are clueless in combat they have elite soldiers with training but not enough to fight this war and if we are to believe Ukraine they are losing as well. In a conflict a defender has a major advantage can increase their odds by more than 3 to 1. Meaning for every Ukrainian soldier it takes 3 Russian to kill them. Problem is the longer it goes on the more troops Russia looses. They are taking way to long to secure Ukraine and will pay for it in Russian lives. There is a homefield advantage even in war.
edit on 2/27/22 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: agenda51

This is the result of bad planning imo
not soldier performance
Are communications being hacked? possibly
why does one need to take a side? curious
what do i know,what is being posted is probably 2-5% of what is actually occurring
I want this insanity to stop ASAP to avoid further bloodshed, many here disagree
edit on pmSundaySunday20500000002pm2 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 05:11 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Planning was easy that was drawing lines on the map they are having problems with execution. Planing was probably good problem is reality sits in and screws up the est laid plans . The other problem i think they thought the ukrainians would welcome them into their country. They actually believed their own propaganda.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

They have the same problem China does concripted army with little training. Most Russian soldiers are clueless in combat they have elite soldiers with training but not enough to fight this war and if we are to believe Ukraine they are losing as well. In a conflict a defender has a major advantage can increase their odds by more than 3 to 1. Meaning for every Ukrainian soldier it takes 3 Russian to kill them. Problem is the longer it goes on the more troops Russia looses. They are taking way to long to secure Ukraine and will pay for it in Russian lives. There is a homefield advantage even in war.

Sure thats every military. Not everyone is a special ops unit. It doesnt take an Army of Jason Bournes to hold an area though. Looks to me like they are rolling through and taking ground pretty easily all things considered. On average though I would say the Russian soldier is more disciplined and trained better than the US Military these days. This incident has been in the works for a long time. I thought it would happen 5 years ago. Trump was able to stall things but had Hillary won this most likely would have taken place already.

NATO can supply some sort of resistance operation all they want but its just going to prolong the inevitable and get a bunch of civilians killed. Wont be long before the populace turns on the resistance. Send in heavy artillery and you might as well be handing it over to the Russian forces so I dont see that happening.

As far as the Ukrainian president goes he will either cut a deal or be taken and put on trial. Unless he fleas the country first and abandons his own people....which is likely IMO as Its what they always do.

Russia could fully take the Ukraine tomorrow and the MSM would say its not over yet.... there is still a resistance fighting...etc. etc. More BS propaganda.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: da pickles

I glimpsed somewhere earlier that there is a 3.2 km Russian convoy moving through Ukraine ( sorry can’t recall the location) that would make a big target for any remaining air power or drones and seriously sent any land offensive abilities

That's what NBC said represents Vladimir Putin preparing to crank things up another notch. There are bigger weapons in that convoy.

If Ukraine could get a chain-reaction going, the explosions would be visible from space.

But there is a danger, because Putin will not hesitate to use a tactical nuke to make a point. All the military "geniuses" of the world are underestimating him in that regard.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

"The Generals sat and the lines on the map moved from side to side. Forward they cried, from the rear, as the front rank died".

Or similar.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Agreed. Russia may be playing the injured bird, but don’t forget your six, the Grizzly is about to tear you up.

top topics

<< 105  106  107    109  110  111 >>

join