It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are People with Plastic Surgery Tattoos Damaged Goods?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ConcernedCanadian

I never once imagined those places would be to your liking

Well..really?..that's just short sighted of you..SMH. You can't judge a book by it's cover, you have to read beyond the cover.

but if you show up with the roadmap of hell tatted across the the back of your neck than you better know your way to the kitchen cuz you won't be permitted to serve looking like that lol

There is a very real bias against tats. I'm more tolerant...in recent years.

I don't think face, hand tattoo's are great. But generally, if a person is clean, respectful, why would someone not get served?

I have a few tats, nothing major, done many years ago, at a few points in life. They don't define my character, or tastes. Glad you are more tolerant

Cheers

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut
I wasn't suggesting you were hypocritical with that post, but indeed you are. If that quote was offtopic, then what was yours? Ad hominem? Where?

When will the ultra religious understand it's not their job to shove it down the throats of others? I am not judging you for your religion but posting a single bible quote like it's the absolute truth is evidence of your horizon.

If I am cast out because I tried to find a solution as a teen, then so be it. I don't want to be at a gods side that punishes me for something MEN wrote into a book.

I tell you a little joke:

The devil does a tour for interested through hell. Everything is nice, bright. Nature is beautiful. As they walk by a mountain, someone spots a mine shaft. Nailed close with wooden boards. Smoke, screams and bad sulphur smell escape from it. "AHA! You are speaking with split tongue devil, now we see what hell really is"

"That?!" laughed the devil "That's just for the Christians that want it that way".

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
a reply to: Nyiah

SOME definitely do have deeper meaning (I'd like to see someone pony up the stones and tell me there's no worth to my stillbirth memorial tat.

Beyond my understanding, your love and loss are inside and personally, why does it help to display it anymore than parading through life telling everyone you meet and crying all of the time? It holds back healing, true healing I have lost many people so I know what that means.
When I see these things they make ME feel bad, why is that a good thing?

Complete lack of compassion could also be seen as mental illness... just saying.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Thank you for sharing, I think you would be surprised how many have sufferer as much and even similarly on here!

There was a time I thought what I have lived through was rare!

Yes I agree, flaws are what make us loveable for those who truly love. Now, I have a date soon, first one in years. There's still this little insecurity but it isn't because of acceptance of the situation from my side. Love also grows, yes?

I would also not mind, for example I would understand it if someone does not like the touch, well even be disgusted. I could not blame the one as disgust is coming from internal, it's not something we decide. It would not hurt me but I would be sad (not self pitty) if it would be a factor. It's only the 1st date though and we like us, but he never saw me outside my work dungarees.

You sound like a beautiful soul, please remember from someone who knows from experience, no one will ever feel disgust if they are the right one for you. They will like you and then love you over time and feel nothing but affection for all the flaws if you have the right person! Friendship must come first! Take it slow! Mr. right will adore everything about you after getting to know you!

EVERYONE has people who will love THEM, missing limbs, no eye, bald, fat, everyone! They will see the beauty in you!
My wife and I know the little things that make us unique are the things that will be missed when the first goes and leaves the other alone. The things many complain about, "he hogs the remote" "she talks through the movie" That scar on the forehead, Ha those will be missed like treasure!

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: igloo

a reply to: Nyiah

SOME definitely do have deeper meaning (I'd like to see someone pony up the stones and tell me there's no worth to my stillbirth memorial tat.

Beyond my understanding, your love and loss are inside and personally, why does it help to display it anymore than parading through life telling everyone you meet and crying all of the time? It holds back healing, true healing I have lost many people so I know what that means.
When I see these things they make ME feel bad, why is that a good thing?

Complete lack of compassion could also be seen as mental illness... just saying.

Very true, and some of us have to live with extra ordinary amounts of it which causes a lot of pain.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Waay more tolerant.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
I've noticed that those who judge others simply on appearance seem to have a tendency to focus on others as a way of avoiding facing their own faults.
There are more important things going on in the world to be concerned with than how others adorn their body.
I have wondered what age and sagging skin will effect tattoos; that's why mine are strategically placed and easily hidden from shallow people who worry my about others' faults than their own.

I don't judge them, but I often first feel like someone needs a good wash, that is because often it looks like just dirt.

They may be judged however maybe by the reasons they do these things. Why do so many display dead humans (skulls) and demonic or sexual images I wonder.

People worshiped their false Gods in this way, I think they still do.

Deuteronomy 12:4“Do not worship the LORD your God in the way these pagan peoples worship their gods.

The Hebrew Bible forbade tattooing. Per Leviticus 19:28, “You shall not make gashes in your flesh for the dead, or incise any marks on yourselves.”

One of the reasons I don't believe in the god of the bible is the blatant shunning of other peoples. A true god encompasses all, it is the creator of all including those people with foreign strange practices. To enforce one's will for petty issues like marked skin is about defining your tribe, which is much smaller than the whole.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy
Star for you!

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain
a reply to: chr0naut
I wasn't suggesting you were hypocritical with that post, but indeed you are. If that quote was offtopic, then what was yours? Ad hominem? Where?

When will the ultra religious understand it's not their job to shove it down the throats of others? I am not judging you for your religion but posting a single bible quote like it's the absolute truth is evidence of your horizon.

If I am cast out because I tried to find a solution as a teen, then so be it. I don't want to be at a gods side that punishes me for something MEN wrote into a book.

I tell you a little joke:

The devil does a tour for interested through hell. Everything is nice, bright. Nature is beautiful. As they walk by a mountain, someone spots a mine shaft. Nailed close with wooden boards. Smoke, screams and bad sulphur smell escape from it. "AHA! You are speaking with split tongue devil, now we see what hell really is"

"That?!" laughed the devil "That's just for the Christians that want it that way".

Nothing is being forced upon anyone by the writing out of a Bible verse. It was posted more as a comment for those who do take the Bible as God's word, and use it in their personal moral and ethical framework.

If you did not place any importance or emphasis on the Bible, and what it contains, a rational response would be to simply ignore it as irrelevant to you.

edit on 9/12/2021 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 04:20 PM
link   
It takes one to spot one, is all I can come up with.

You are correct in that way when you say that if there is disgust, it's not the right one / real love. Real love is unconditional. Reflecting a bit more about it, I would be sad because of another reason. Initially I swore myself to not even try relationships anymore. I can not hurt others, and can not be hurt. But I was asked out and I am happy and will just live the moment without any overthink.

Thank you for helping with that

The counter argument to my iron curtain rule is that I have no one in my life to love (adult wise) but so much love to give. And I also learned, for some that may burden themselves reading this, you have to learn to love yourself first too. Not being selfish but standing for the own ground and needs. A healthy mix of living and let live, so to speak.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Like anything I think it depends on the case.

If someone has an overbite that effects the positioning of their jaw, is that in the same vein?

Are a couple of easily covered tats that mean something to the wearer the same as someone who got a fanny lift?

I think it's case by case. And there is some tasteful work done, usually the kind no one would ever know.

We all get one life, and if it helps to get hair transplant, cosmetic dental work, or a few tattoos, I don't think it's indicative of mental illness so long as the desired result is achieved with boosted confidence and or self esteem. But if it's never enough, and the work is blatant.... Well....

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: igloo

There is nothing in those verses about shunning though. They are everything about "Don't worship this way." Now if you think a refusal to adopt a practice is shunning, that's your problem.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I have informed my wife that if and when I make it to my 75th birthday, I'm getting my first tattoo. It will be a picture of a pocket watch placed on my ribcage right under my arm. She said, "What's the purpose of that?" I said that whenever anybody sees it and asks me, I will say "Time Is On My Side".

She's been putting up with my dumb humor for 37 years.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 04:37 PM
link   
What do you mean by necessary/unnecessary though? When my cousin was little, he was bit on the face by a dog and it left some scarring around the corner of his mouth.

Later on, he had a minor cosmetic procedure to loosen up and smooth out that scarring. It arguably wasn't necessary, but it was good for kid's self esteem.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

" Are People with Plastic Surgery Tattoos Damaged Goods? "

Only If they are Not Still Virgins..........

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Something I forgot. Sure I don't want to portray myself as a victim or especially burdened, by far not. I am sure I am one of the loudest here when it comes to this. It also does not define my life. I just rather have zero issues talking openly. Those who judge are going to judge anyways. I think the truest words come from the heart, unfiltered.

But they can also be easy misunderstood if unfiltered and can hurt others. Or scoff off others even, as a extreme example. This talent I have. Like when I rave about my car it's not to brag but to signal there really is something mind blowing like this existing. This has been on my mind a while so I just drop it here in between. The fact that it has to be bought with money doesn't count, because I earned it just like others earn money. There's nothing special about me because I posses it. The only kick I get out of it is when I drive it because of the acceleration.

If I could, I would take everyone interested for rides but I can't. So instead my enthusiasm has to be transfered with words until the technology becomes mainstream and you all can see and feel for yourself.

I think the beauty is in sharing, not only love but also experience.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 04:56 PM
link   
my brother had dad on one arm and mom on the other and a heart on his chest for his first wife.

i have a neck tattoo that says, i didn't get the job and i want king bob on my back or calf for my 70th.

i have no problem with them or plastic surgery, (my body my choice?)

look up levi tran.

my good friends wife is a tattoo artist and it's not your regular iron crosses biker gang stuff. she sent back pics from a convenvention in singapore, i think, there is some wild stuff out there. sleeves can be cool even a full back tat.

the earliest tat we know of was on ottzi, the ice man found frozen in the alps? his were co ordinated with acupuncture points and not decorative.

the history of tatts is interesting.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Women with tattoos are gross. Sadly, it seems to be most women these days. I think they're stupid on guys, too, but whatever.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Mark08

rather than a tramp stamp, they couldof had plastic surgery
to make a cup holder, or weeed tray,....
or,.....HANDLES.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I suppose another instance ... when something happens to your face, they will often insist on a plastic surgeon coming in to make sure, even with little things. My son got two stitches in his lip when he was a toddler, and they had a plastic surgeon do it to make sure the line of his lip was on.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join