It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are People with Plastic Surgery Tattoos Damaged Goods?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I recently read/watched something.

It was a plastic surgeon who said he would not date anyone that had any kind of non-medically needed plastic surgery because it was proven most people that get it have mental illness.

Wow, that’s is pretty profound. I know we’ve seen the cat ladies and the guys looking like Barbie, but what about everyone getting Botox etc? Or a little nip or tuck? Mentally ill? It also got me thinking about people that get tattoos. The more I read about them the more it points to the same direction as plastic surgery.

These are not my personal opinions even though I haven’t done either. I just found it so interesting and it was the first time I had heard it.

I know growing up people that had tattoos were rare and scary and were usually gang member, military or freaks. Now it seems everyone has them, it is very rare not to now, it’s seems to be the exact opposite of back then. Same with plastic surgery, why are 20 year olds getting so much done? Botox at 20? Weird times my friends!

+17 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Nothing as trashy and classless as as these barely twentiesh women covered in tattoos like a doodle pad

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mark08
Nothing as trashy and classless as as these barely twentiesh women covered in tattoos like a doodle pad

I’ve seen some tattoos that are breathtaking. I think the problem with a lot of young people getting them is that they are usually poor quality and just silly. They probably don’t know themselves well enough to get anything of a long lasting meaningful message either.

My OP wasn’t necessarily about if they look good or bad, because I think there is a whole spectrum. I’m fascinated more about the mental aspect. What makes someone get one vs. not. What drives someone to get plastic surgery vs. not.
We’ve seen so many absolutely beautiful people get plastic surgery and basically ruin their looks. It makes me think what that plastic surgeon said was right on.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

You date a tattooed girl and marry the non tattooed...

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Looking back through the years, thank God every fad that went in and out of style wasn't permanently attached to me

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Topic tattoo:

There's mainly two ways we can see this. I belong to the last group but hear me out completely because it's not that easy to determine.

1.) People do it because of a spiritual meaning
2.) People do it because of a lack of self worth (dislike of body)
(one could add people do it because they find it pretty, what would mean that they are not satisfied with their looks completely, so just these two groups for simplicity.

In my case, my body already was heavy damaged. Imagine being a teenager with scares running from ankle to shoulder. As if the package I had to carry wasn't heavy enough, I was also ridiculed and I myself was not lucky inside my own skin. Teenagers can be extreme cruel. Everyone bailed the showers. It was partly to hurt me, because after a while especially after the stich / staple marks were gone, it was not horror as they acted.

With age 16 I got permission for a body tattoo. The doc and psychologist that was looking after me (you get one when you loose your parents from the state) agreed that the upsides of that procedure would help me have a better life, also coping. It wasn't like they said "yes okay" instantly, I had to argue and prove that this isn't just a "quick thought".

Today I would not repeat that, but back then it helped me. I discovered fast though, that it does not save me from looks because what I did not had in mind, that people would stare at the tattoo(s) then. But it's still I prettier look than crumbly, wrinkly hill like scars.

The sessions were a torture itself but I went through. Like I wrote I would not do it today, but I also do not regret it.
edit on 9.12.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mark08

Tramp stamps!

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I agree. It shows a serious issue with vanity in addition to self-respect.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
I know we’ve seen the cat ladies...

I met her in person once, as disturbing to look at as you can imagine and nearly impossible to understand.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Not much difference between permanent ink and earring holes, or face paint. Or nail paint, or gaudy clothing, or skanky attention-seeking clothing.

It's all just adornments at the surface. Some accoutrements are removable, some are not, but the point is the same -- the wearer likes them.

SOME definitely do have deeper meaning (I'd like to see someone pony up the stones and tell me there's no worth to my stillbirth memorial tat. Come, onnnn, TRY IT.) Just like how someone's ratty T-shirt you think belongs in a rag pile or the dump might be the favorite shirt of a deceased relative, many specifics like colors used, imagery & style definitely do hold deeper significance.

That is not to say I'm sold on the emotional benefit of make-up at all -- not much different to me than getting some favorite cookie brand logo tattooed on you -- vapid and hollow at the surface.

I'd love to splurge someday on a BS tattoo, though. TOTAL BS tat idea, but it'd be worth it for the funeral gag -- both hemispheres, on each butt cheek. THAT way, I can be buried in assless chaps ass-up, and give people a good surprise & chuckle

edit on 12/9/2021 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Jeremiah33three

The worst are the tart antlers.....

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
I'd love to splurge someday on a BS tattoo, though. TOTAL BS tat idea, but I'd be worth it for the funeral gag -- both hemispheres, on each butt cheek. THAT way, I can be buried in assless chaps ass-up, and give people a good surprise & chuckle

I'd prefer that you get Chinese characters tattooed on the small of your back that say 'Tramp Stamp'.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 01:36 PM
link   

It is my theory that tattoo's will not be as popular as they are right now. Just think about, if your grandparents or parents were all tatted up with piercings or other such things would you do it too?

Idk about other people but the things my grandparents and parents liked/did when I was younger I didn't generally want anything to do with at all and if they had the same amount of tattoos as some younger people now, no way in hell would I ever get a tattoo as I would think its an old person thing.

like polka music

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I was in the grocery store last weekend and saw an old lady with tattoos that were obviously not very old...

Thought to myself... I gotta to get me one of those!.....😅

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Nyiah
I'd love to splurge someday on a BS tattoo, though. TOTAL BS tat idea, but I'd be worth it for the funeral gag -- both hemispheres, on each butt cheek. THAT way, I can be buried in assless chaps ass-up, and give people a good surprise & chuckle

I'd prefer that you get Chinese characters tattooed on the small of your back that say 'Tramp Stamp'.

< sigh > For the last time, you LOST that bet with DB, and now you get to be Tweety Bird Tramp Stamp Twinsies with him.

Not me. Trading wasn't part of the bet

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I was in the grocery store last weekend and saw an old lady with tattoos that were obviously not very old...

The old broad? Whatever floats your boat I suppose...

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Their matching tats

🤣😂😁

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Certainly someone with a lot of non-essential cosmetic procedures. Or even just lots and lots of makeup or an overly complicated hairdo.

Too high maintenance, too much drama.

Tattoos are passe. They used to be about individuality or rebellion, or even tribalism. Now ... they're strictly meh.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

The old broad? Whatever floats your boat I suppose...

Suppose she jams to the insane clown posse or snoop dog?

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
I know we’ve seen the cat ladies...

I met her in person once, as disturbing to look at as you can imagine and nearly impossible to understand.

Surely, you don't think there's only one?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join