It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are People with Plastic Surgery Tattoos Damaged Goods?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm
My landlords backside lawn was done by a professional gardener. Before my time here though. It's a bit science on it's own right? The way the plants are set and flowers, the whole garden is always nice and flowery the year round no place is barren or dirty / ugly for the eye. Even at the same places, different flower seeds (onions balls??) are in the ground I was explained and they sprout different times and do not compete or something.

And not only the plants, the way things are setup in general. A fascinating topic, respect for the award achievements.

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 02:31 PM
link   

When I worked in a hospital blood bank, about 20 years ago, we noticed an increased incidence of STD's in people who had tattoos, and for that reason, had to grill these people a little more thoroughly in order to allow them to donate blood, because HIV was an issue, and at that time, there was a 30 day window between when a person could pass HIV to another via blood, and when the test would show them 'positive' for HIV.

That has always stuck with me. I mean, if I wanted to date someone, and they had a tattoo, I would be a little bit more careful before having any sex without protection. Just my opinion.

Plastic surgery didn't have the same association, but these days: who knows?

I understand that diagnoses like 'body dysmorphic disorder' are real, but those people just cannot stop with the plastic surgery, because they don't have a realistic endpoint. They would never be satisfied ....

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

I absolutely agree with what you’re saying. But is putting drug users behind bars helping or hurting the situation?

We know there is no lesson to teach them, even when they nearly lose their lives from overdoses they continue to use illicit substances. So instead of doubling down on the same ideas and policies, my question is what else can be done?

I wish I had those answers!

Yes, but not the users. It's the scum who push it. Look up County Lines and Cuckooing in the UK.

Drug users, by which I mean crack and smack heads, have to resort to crime to fuel their habits.

A bit of weed is now skunk, which is way stronger.

Then there are the synthetics which also cause psychosis etc.

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: vonclod

I understand that fact vonclod.

Wads of people who perished on rock cold testify to that fact.

If they were still alive that is.

But mainlining anything is the beginning of the end.

There are better highs in life that at the ned of a pipe, and that's all she wrote.

I'm sure you knew, I was an H addict for 4 years, never touched a needle in my life. Just making sure no one has any false sense of security.

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Speed and Crack were my nemesis.

Managed to come out the other end, glad you did to.

I could always pay for my gear all the same which only exasperated the effect if I'm honest but negated the junkie factor.

Security is illusory mate if only some poor sods could claim the same where addiction is concerned the world would be a better place i imagine.

edit on 10-12-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Congratulations on your success and freedom vonclod πŸ‘πŸ»πŸΊ

It’s really incredible for you to put yourself out there like that, and try to share that advice with folks around these parts

My SIL went through hell. We all did. But they have him on a medication, an injection he takes I believe monthly at the Doctors. It has worked wonders. Their big concern was he would relapse and go back to the old amounts he took which they said may kill him

Sending lots of support and good thoughts your way VC πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Often it's the users who commit the crimes that have the most impact on citizens. A dealer might indirectly cause untold human misery by hooking people on drugs, but it's the addicts who mug old ladies of their pensions.

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

So what about off sales and tobacconists?

Dealers operate along the same ethos they do.

They just don't pay tax, they pay police.
edit on 10-12-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Speed and Crack were my nemesis.

Managed to come out the other end, glad you did to.

I could always pay for my gear all the same which only exasperated the effect if I'm honest but negated the junkie factor.

Security is illusory mate if only some poor sods could claim the same where addiction is concerned the world would be a better place i imagine.

Glad you made it out as well!!
We never explored speed, but when trying to get away from H, we would visit crackworld..it was just insane looking back, that was 23 or so years ago..never again. I enjoy a few beer on a friday, and still occasionally puff the herb.

I hear you on the security thing..it really is an illusion

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

Congratulations on your success and freedom vonclod πŸ‘πŸ»πŸΊ

It’s really incredible for you to put yourself out there like that, and try to share that advice with folks around these parts

My SIL went through hell. We all did. But they have him on a medication, an injection he takes I believe monthly at the Doctors. It has worked wonders. Their big concern was he would relapse and go back to the old amounts he took which they said may kill him

Sending lots of support and good thoughts your way VC πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

Thank you sir! very much appreciated.

I'm ok with being open about it, maybe just to impart some knowledge, or encouragement. It's been over 20 years free, and that is a good way to look at it. I felt like I got out of jail..addiction is a prison.

For myself, I went on Methadone, for probably 3 months, then I just weened myself off that, over a months time, and that was it, I had a new job waiting, and hope..thats what you need over all..hope. Now, it did take a few trys in the last year of it, but the final time, I had a plan, and it worked. My doctor at the clinic said I'm a rarity..most just stay on the program.

Good luck with your SIL situation, I'm not up to speed on current treatment, I'm guessing the person you are referring to, might be getting a treatment which takes away the euphoria, I could see there is a danger when it wears off, and they use, their tolerance will have changed. It is a difficult thing for a family to deal with to be sure, just keep up what y'all are doing, with the love and support!

Cheers, and thank you.

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 06:49 PM
link   

A guy I know online had a pug that died from a collapsed snout or some such minor tragedy. Although I'm (a little) empathetic his intent is to have the dog's cremated ashed injected under his skin with ink to immortalise his love in the form of a tattoo is quite revolting. I suspect he'll never marry. Folks were all for it tho' & came up with a half dozed local shops willing to do the work.

Am I the only one appalled?

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ConcernedCanadian

Well they eat them in rather a few nations.

I find that appalling.

Then again some of the things we eat like tongue or tripe pretty much turns my stomach also.

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 12:33 PM
link   
My most visible tattoo is on the back of my left hand. It's a big X, going from my pinky knuckle to my index knuckle. It's a tattoo I earned, for 8 years now of being straightedge. I don't drink or do drugs. I'm also fairly respected in my field of emergency services, and before that I was a head chef for fine dining.

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iconic
My most visible tattoo is on the back of my left hand. It's a big X, going from my pinky knuckle to my index knuckle. It's a tattoo I earned, for 8 years now of being straightedge. I don't drink or do drugs. I'm also fairly respected in my field of emergency services, and before that I was a head chef for fine dining.

Much respect. You earned it.

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 01:00 PM
link   

a reply to: ConcernedCanadian

Well they eat them in rather a few nations.

I find that appalling.

Then again some of the things we eat like tongue or tripe pretty much turns my stomach also.

So many reasons to be appalled. I'm appalled at the number of tattoo shops in the city. It's appalling to think there are folks paying to get dead pets injected under their skin. It was appalling too see the overwhelming positive support he received from his friends (none of whom are prospective mates). It sound more like a morbid health code violation than art.

My brother spent most of his life in prison & is covered with tats cuz there's not much else to do in lockdown. Most of his elaborate tattoos were made using carnation milk, cigarette ashes and a shared sewing needle. Appalling if yo want my opinion.
edit on 11-12-2021 by ConcernedCanadian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mark08
Nothing as trashy and classless as as these barely twentiesh women covered in tattoos like a doodle pad

What about the women and men in California who are getting surgery to make their butts bigger than basketballs?

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Mark08
Nothing as trashy and classless as as these barely twentiesh women covered in tattoos like a doodle pad

What about the women and men in California who are getting surgery to make their butts bigger than basketballs?

Indeed! They are just making even bigger arses of themselves!

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: JAGStorm
So true!! I have a friend that is a cannabis farmer - I don’t do it, we are great friends.

Sounds like you have Tegridy.

Tegridy.. This reminds me of an old trick used by weed sellers, if you know a guy who always just buys a little? Invite them to hang out and smoke up for a couple of days, that way you can drive his tolerance waaayyy up, so instead of just buying just a little, they are going to start picking up huge bags, they will need them or else they can not even sleep.

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 04:02 PM
link   

i have a ouroboros on my back left shoulder

i got it with one of my best friends and she got the same thing but on a different part of her body

no one can see them and they are small black line work

thinking someone is damaged goods because someone has a tattoo is pretty shallow

that being said if you have ink all over you face and hands, its going to be hard to find a good job and a 'normal' partner.

the only reason you should get a tattoo is after a lot of thought and consideration, the one i have means a good deal to my friend and i and that's why we got it.

but there are people out there who have the most god awful generic tattoos

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3

i have a ouroboros on my back left shoulder

i got it with one of my best friends and she got the same thing but on a different part of her body

no one can see them and they are small black line work

thinking someone is damaged goods because someone has a tattoo is pretty shallow

that being said if you have ink all over you face and hands, its going to be hard to find a good job and a 'normal' partner.

the only reason you should get a tattoo is after a lot of thought and consideration, the one i have means a good deal to my friend and i and that's why we got it.

but there are people out there who have the most god awful generic tattoos

Wow i just wrote the word ouroboros on another thread by Jag, pretty much the same time you wrote your reply.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join