It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat Gov. Hochul Says Un-Vaxxed Christians ‘Aren’t Listening To God...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Sookiechacha

political posturing to her Christian base.

...aka "blasphemy."

First thing you have said that I can agree with.

TheRedneck

So, all politicians then.

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 06:12 PM
link   

All fake politicians.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Back on topic, there are a lot of Christian leaders out there preaching that it would be sinful to get the vaccine. There are others saying that Jesus' "love thy neighbor" philosophy "covers" getting vaccinated.

Gov Hochul thinks "God wants Christians to get the vaccine".

That is all there is to it, really.

So, go get you apostle on and preach it, to put it in a nutshell.

edit on 27-9-2021 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

OK, OK, you win the Internet for today. That was hilarious!

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

I see your understanding and knowledge of the Bible is only superseded by your astute recognition of the concept of metaphor. Clearly nothing goes over your head, your reflexes are too fast and you would catch it.

And you've got nothing when it comes to Gov Hothul's belief that God wants Christians vaccinated.

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

If you go by what is observable, to define what god wants. That would be conflict. Other wise the cycle of life would not be be so horrific. Humans would not have a lying subconscious, or human bias. They would be able to see the universe for what it is, not what your brain tells you it is. All of this leads to conflict, constantly. If you want to go by the bible, it's full of conflict. The ending of it is one giant conflict to end all conflicts, supposedly. That woman doesn't know what god wants, no more than anyone else does.

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Just for a litmus test tell me what god is tell you about killing unborn children and then we will talk about what you are hearing in regards to vaccination.

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Back on topic, there are a lot of Christian leaders out there preaching that it would be sinful to get the vaccine. There are others saying that Jesus' "love thy neighbor" philosophy "covers" getting vaccinated.

That depends. Are these preachers (either viewpoint) saying they speak for God? Or are they offering an opinion?

If the former, I find it as disgusting as this Hochul character. If the latter, hey, preachers are allowed to have opinions, too. My opinion, for example, is that God already gave me a body with strong immunity that I can rely on. Your opinion is that your body is weak and needs a vaccination against a rarely-fatal disease. More power to ya.

You do realize that the preacher is not the "leader" of the congregation, right? The preacher is the "minister"... that literally means "helper." He (or she, I understand there are women preachers now) is called to teach and help. Not to make demands on the congregation. Religion does not work like politics. The chain of command is simple: God -> you.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

I see your understanding and knowledge of the Bible is only superseded by your astute recognition of the concept of metaphor. Clearly nothing goes over your head, your reflexes are too fast and you would catch it.

And you've got nothing when it comes to Gov Hothul's belief that God wants Christians vaccinated.

Hothul?

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 07:02 PM
link   
There are people who are more at risk from the consequences of covid than the vaccine. And it’s up to them to make a choice.

But it’s hypocritical of politicians to invoke God while taking away the freewill God has given us through mandates.

So stupid.

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Gov Hochul thinks "God wants Christians to get the vaccine".

That is all there is to it, really.

So, go get you apostle on and preach it, to put it in a nutshell.

and there are a lot of people who are actually advocating FOR forced vaccinations on American Citizens. That is a gargantuan problem in and of itself. And that isn't even including that the entire science staff of the US Government isn't smart enough to comprehend natural immunity, which is a concept that drove the research on vaccines to begin with.

We are in some trouble, and pretending it's not there, will not make it go away.

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

We are in some trouble, and pretending it's not there, will not make it go away.

Amen.

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

She's trying to reason with Christians in their own language.

Maybe it would help if she learned that language first?

Maybe it would help if you did?

TheRedneck

It would be better if you did.

You can't be serious....

You're just trolling.

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 08:22 PM
link   

So quit telling me I do not understand Christianity.

You don't understand the language of Christianity if it goes against your belief of how special you and your personal freedoms are. If you don't agree that "love thy neighbor" may mean sacrificing your ego, and getting yourself vaccinated so as to protect neighbors and loved ones, then you don't understand the basics of Christian speak.

Take the log out of your eye before you criticize the splinter in others' eyes, for believing "love thy neighbor" may mean getting vaccinated.

How so? When the vaccinated can still catch and spread covid?

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK

You don't understand the language of Christianity if it goes against your belief of how special you and your personal freedoms are. If you don't agree that "love thy neighbor" may mean sacrificing your ego, and getting yourself vaccinated so as to protect neighbors and loved ones, then you don't understand the basics of Christian speak.

Take the log out of your eye before you criticize the splinter in others' eyes, for believing "love thy neighbor" may mean getting vaccinated.

If that's what you believe, then your resistance isn't because of your religion, believing that accepting the vaccine would represent a lack of faith, but because you don't believe the vaccine is effective, healthy, works, or whatever.

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 08:28 PM
link   

So now the vaccine is the "armor of God"? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I don't think you get the concept.

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

and there are a lot of people who are actually advocating FOR forced vaccinations on American Citizens.

Yes. I get that. And that's a serious issue. But I don't see this as an example of that. I see it as an example of a politician using [her version] of Christian speak to address Christian resistance, by claiming she "believes" that "God want Christians to get the vaccine.

I'm not advocating for forced vaccines here. I'm just saying that I don't see her comments as anything more than political posturing to her Christian base.

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

LOL

No, that's not what I'm implying. I'm sticking with my boats and helicopter metaphor.

"Getting your apostle on" requires donning the armor of God.

edit on 27-9-2021 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK

If that's what you believe, then your resistance isn't because of your religion, believing that accepting the vaccine would represent a lack of faith, but because you don't believe the vaccine is effective, healthy, works, or whatever.

If the vaccinated can still catch and spread covid, why does it make a difference and why do you care so much? Can you answer that?.........to love thy neighbor would be to respect their choice. So you're wrong to try and use that for your argument.

I believe in Jesus, I have ever since I was saved 21 years ago.

I believe this vaccine is conditioning for the true mark of the beast and the prophecies of the book of Revelation are taking place currently.
edit on 27-9-2021 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

The Holy Church of the Vaccinated.

It has become a religion.

Instead of a cross, the faithful wear masks.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join