It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat Gov. Hochul Says Un-Vaxxed Christians ‘Aren’t Listening To God...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Of course you can't say them.

So quit telling me I do not understand Christianity. What's next? You gonna go to Mexico and tell them they need to speak better Spanish?

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Can you humble yourself and admit your sin? Will you cry out to God to save you and heal you? Can you put your trust in the one who will reconcile all together and force the nations armies to beat their weapons into plowshares?

Wil you let go of pride and ask Jesus to reveal to you his truth and his salvation?

Honestly, what have you got to lose?
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

She assumed that mantle (if only briefly) the moment she said she knew that God wanted them vaccinated, and if they disagree, they aren't listening to god.

So do all Christians that assume to know and presume to tell us what God wants assuming the mantel of prophet?

Correct, although I'm not sure what that has to do with this discussion.

She's calling on Christians to join her cause, to put on the armor of God, and go out and get Christians vaccinated, because she believes that's what "God" wants.

What you heard was Trump (and others) asserting what God has already spoken to in the bible.

LOL I've never heard Trump quote the Bible! There's nothing in the Bible about abortion, same sex marriage, religions exemptions to the law, tax exemption, or charging that certain political leans aren't Christian.

My point in the OP is that what she tried to do was ludicrous to say the least. All she did was make a fool of herself to the majority of Christians that heard her say it, as well as offend them.

They only people you're referring to are people who disagree with her belief that "God" wants Christians vaccinated.

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius

Can you humble yourself and admit your sin? Will you cry out to God to save you and heal you? Can you put your trust in the one who will reconcile all together and force the nations armies to beat their weapons into plowshares?

Wil you let go of pride and ask Jesus to reveal to you his truth and his salvation?

Honestly, what have you got to lose?

Naw. I'm vaccinated.

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 04:38 PM
link   

What does that have to do with accepting Christ as your saviour?

You got a vaccine, so? It may harm you greatly but why fear what can hurt the body when only one can destory both in Hell?

If it turns out that the vax IS tied to the mark then you may have a point, however, as it stands that hasn't happened. Though it is going that way....

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

So quit telling me I do not understand Christianity.

You don't understand the language of Christianity if it goes against your belief of how special you and your personal freedoms are. If you don't agree that "love thy neighbor" may mean sacrificing your ego, and getting yourself vaccinated so as to protect neighbors and loved ones, then you don't understand the basics of Christian speak.

Take the log out of your eye before you criticize the splinter in others' eyes, for believing "love thy neighbor" may mean getting vaccinated.

edit on 27-9-2021 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

What does that have to do with accepting Christ as your saviour?

What does that have to do with vaccines?

Please, try to stay on topic.

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 04:47 PM
link   

So do all Christians that assume to know and presume to tell us what God wants assuming the mantel of prophet?

No. Only those who claim to have gotten a message directly from God to speak, which doesn't put them in the office of prophet, but they are prophesying, which means they better be right or they will answer to the Christian God for their deception (from the Christian perspective). The rest I've already explained.

She's calling on Christians to join her cause, to put on the armor of God, and go out and get Christians vaccinated, because she believes that's what "God" wants.

If she had spoken it the way you just wrote it, she would have been fine biblically.

LOL I've never heard Trump quote the Bible! There's nothing in the Bible about abortion, same sex marriage, religions exemptions to the law, tax exemption, or charging that certain political leans aren't Christian.

I don't know that I have either, but he has spoken about its precepts and tenets of faith. There's plenty in the bible about all of those things, albeit not necessarily by name, but by inference certainly.

They only people you're referring to are people who disagree with her belief that "God" wants Christians vaccinated.

More likely what they disagree with is her assertion that God told her so.

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
There's nothing in the Bible about abortion, same sex marriage, religions exemptions to the law

Exodus 20:13

THOU SHALT NOT KILL

Genesis

Then the man said,

“This at last is bone of my bones
and flesh of my flesh;
she shall be called Woman,
because she was taken out of Man.”

24 Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh

Jesus' entire life pertainted to violating the laws of man which were out of sync with the Laws of God.

You seem to think you know a lot more about the Christian Bible than you seem to actually know and that's problematic for you and for your credibility in these types of discussions.

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

THOU SHALT NOT KILL

And then the Biblical God goes on to command the killing of all kinds of people, including pregnant women for various "crimes" like being born in a different city or getting raped and not screaming loud enough. As well he prescribes abortions for women whose husbands believe that kid might not be his.

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Only those who claim to have gotten a message directly from God to speak

Oh, I see! If only Gov Hochul had said "God told me he wants Christians vaccinated", then it would be okay.

Yeah, okay....LOL

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 05:05 PM
link   

So your attempt at claiming knowledge of Christianity's Biblical narrative and how you believe it *should* apply to the faithful failed miserably so you're moving on to trying to slag Christianity and point out things you lack any understanding of as being "hypocrisies" rather than just acknowledging serious deficiencies in your own understanding and knowledge.

Yeah, you've lost this one, the only question will be when you'll display enough wisdom to acknowledge that fact and move on... clock is ticking, how long can you hold out against the flood?

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Oh, I see! If only Gov Hochul had said "God told me he wants Christians vaccinated", then it would be okay.

Yeah, okay....LOL

That's not even close to what I just explained, but have it your way.

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheMirrorSelf

originally posted by: Gothmog
Plenty of signs of proof of my first post.

It's "Plenty of signs of proof 'in' my first post"
Or "Proof a-plenty with signs of posting first"
Geez , learn before you post .
(A High Captain of Angband should know better)...

....but never cares .
Do as I say , not say as I do .
edit on 9/27/21 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

Yeah, okay....LOL

You claim to be totally heathen, but you can't stop with the "apologetics" arguments.

Yeah, that's what you said, but you added a lot of apologetics bull snip!

It's really basic. Gov. Hochul said that she believes God wants Christians vaccinated, so get your "apostle" on and go preach!

No blasphemy. No vying for God's job. Just some political posturing to her Christian base.

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

So your attempt at claiming knowledge of Christianity's Biblical narrative and how you believe it *should* apply to the faithful is by claiming Christians should be stoning rebellious teenagers, adulterers and fornicators and gay men?

Yeah, you've lost this one

Really? How so? Has the Gov been excommunicated? Are more Christians going to refuse the jab because she believes God wants them vaccinated?

how long can you hold out against the flood?

Is that a threat? Is God going to cause a special flood dispensation just for me and Gov Hochul?

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

Yeah, okay....LOL

You claim to be totally heathen, but you can't stop with the "apologetics" arguments.

Yeah, that's what you said, but you added a lot of apologetics bull snip!

It's really basic. Gov. Hochul said that she believes God wants Christians vaccinated, so get your "apostle" on and go preach!

No blasphemy. No vying for God's job. Just some political posturing to her Christian base.

See it however you wish then.

Apologetics? That's funny. You do have a sense of humor after all. I think there are a fair few Christians on ATS that might disagree with you. If the Devil exists, I've probably offended him too, because he at least believes in God.

Don't mistake my willingness to explain some things occasionally as agreement with them, or excuses for them.

However, I am a constitutionalist, and strongly believe in freedom of religion. Theirs, yours, and mine.

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 05:41 PM
link   

You don't understand the language of Christianity if it goes against your belief of how special you and your personal freedoms are.

LOL

Firstly, my freedoms are special to me. Obviously they are not special to you, but since you're not me, that's pretty irrelevant.

Secondly, how does any of that affect whether or not one understands Christianity? I'm not a preacher and I still have much to learn, but you... you aren't even willing to admit what the most basic words mean.

Thirdly, there is not a single word about vaccinations in the Bible, so how can you, or this excuse for a governor say that "God wants everyone vaccinated"? You can't unless God told you directly, something you don't think exists... you are only saying it, and she is only saying it, because you both want everyone to be vaccinated... and if coercion, threats, and pleas don't work, you'll be more than happy to pass a legal mandate.

You have faith in a vaccine. That's fine. You are allowed to do so because of freedom of religion. I have faith in God. I am allowed to do so because of freedom of religion.

Take the log out of your eye before you criticize the splinter in others' eyes, for believing "love thy neighbor" may mean getting vaccinated.

No, getting vaccinated means more to you along the lines of "control thy neighbor because I'm skeered." As for that log... I'm not the one preaching pro- or anti-vax. I believe it is a personal decision everyone must make for themselves, free of coercion. It is you who is trying to defend someone who is desperately trying to coerce others to do something they obviously don't want to do.

I am anti-mandate. Get that little bit of info through your skull.

You don't even know what love is. Tragic. Just please stop "loving" me. Please? I really don't want to share your misery.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 05:44 PM
link   

political posturing to her Christian base.

...aka "blasphemy."

First thing you have said that I can agree with.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I see your understanding and knowledge of the Bible is only superseded by your astute recognition of the concept of metaphor. Clearly nothing goes over your head, your reflexes are too fast and you would catch it.

edit on 27-9-2021 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join