It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat Gov. Hochul Says Un-Vaxxed Christians ‘Aren’t Listening To God...

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: neutronflux

Your questions are off topic. If you would like to discuss what people who believe in reincarnation believe about the "soul", start a thread. I would be glad to participate.

Your the one that “threw it out there”.

But if the questions are too difficult, I understand.

Whatever it takes.,..

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Well, if you don't share my

"faith"
, then you have no grounds to presume to lecture me or anyone else on it as though you do.

Further, your use of scare quotes is as much a denial of my faith as anything any of us may have said about Hochul. More actually. Disagreements over an interpretation of faith are not denial of faith itself, but your use of quotes around the word implies I lack the quality to begin with.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Not sure how a "soul" - note the scare quotes again - can be reincarnated. Now, we can discuss what happens to souls.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 12:17 PM
link   

The only hypocrisy here is you. You claimed to know what the tenets of Christianity are, but you obviously didn't because you just now denied Jesus. You didn't "evolve".... you fell. No one who was ever a Christian could say what you just did.

Offended? HELL, YES I AM! Con-grat-u-freakin'-lations! As far as I am concerned, right now I would love to see a law passed that required every person to attend an approved Christian church every Sunday, at pain of jailtime for missing, and demand that every service end with a declaration of faith by each attendee. Your reincarnation belief would keep you behind bars so you couldn't offend anyone else.

Maybe then you would understand what ""freedom of religion" means.

No, no, no... no, I don't really wish that. You're not worth it. Your puny little opinions aren't worth it. I value my freedoms. But I will say this: You have shown your true colors for the world to see, once again. I doubt I wil ever be able to take you seriously again, on any subject. That's OK on the Internet, but I would be careful walking around outside with that attitude. I kid you not, I have seen people like you beaten severely for their arrogance.

My God bless you. Heaven knows, you need it.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Now Sooks is free to believe what she likes. I watched Democrats openly deny God at their convention, so this doesn't surprise me. What offends me is the dogged persistence of non-believers in telling us how our faith is, who's really faithful, and what our religion really means if we're true to it.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

The only hypocrisy here is you. You claimed to know what the tenets of Christianity are, but you obviously didn't because you just now denied Jesus. You didn't "evolve".... you fell. No one who was ever a Christian could say what you just did.

There are plenty of us who have evolved through Christianity. And, there's more to Christianity than believing you won't be held accountable for your "sins" because you accept Jesus, because died for your sins. There's teachings on how to live in a world full of politics and strife, and how to treat your neighbors and your enemies.

Just because I can't, in good conscious, foist my imperfections and missteps on Jesus to bear for me, doesn't mean I reject charity and brotherly love. Things it seems you have yet to embrace.

edit on 28-9-2021 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 12:35 PM
link   

The governor's belief isn't a Christian one though. It's rhetoric designed to appeal to a group she believes to be vaccine reluctant much Hillary Clinton did when gave a speech in dialect and revealed that she carried hot sauce in her purse.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

then you have no grounds to presume to lecture me or anyone else on it as though you do.

This whole thread is about attacking Gov Hochul because she had the gall to invoke her faith, in that she believes that "God wants Christians to get vaccinated."

You're here because you reject her efforts, demonizing her for politicizing her faith. Redneck thinks she's blasphemous.

I have every right to challenge your hypocrisy on that.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 12:41 PM
link   

The governor's belief isn't a Christian one though.

It's as Christian as Mike Pence's beliefs are.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Not sure how a "soul" - note the scare quotes again - can be reincarnated. Now, we can discuss what happens to souls.

Are you scared of quotes? I use the quotes because the word only roughly describes my concept of what spirits/souls are.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 12:46 PM
link   

So. What does going to a covid party, self isolating for three weeks, and getting better natural immunity get me with God if I do it for the least of us?

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 12:55 PM
link   

That's between you and your God.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 12:58 PM
link   

In the opinion of a person who has rejected Christ and Christianity which makes your opinion worth about as much as what comes out your butt.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 01:01 PM
link   

That's between you and your God.

I was just asking in the context of the precedence set by Governor Kathy Hochul.

edit on 28-9-2021 by neutronflux because: Fixed

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 01:06 PM
link   

This whole thread is about attacking Gov Hochul because she had the gall to invoke her faith, in that she believes that "God wants Christians to get vaccinated."

Sookie, I can play dumb and ignorant, but I have to admit, you're better at it than I am. You have all of ATS beat at being obtuse.

NO, that is not what this thread is about. She did not invoke her faith, she presumed to know what God wants concerning vaccinations and speak for him to all the Christians who "aren't listening" to God. Redneck is right. To Christians, she's blasphemous. Then she wanted apostles. This shows she knows ZIP about the Christian faith. Apostles are servants of Christ, not man or woman.

That's a big part of what the thread is about. She tried to appeal to Christians and instead insulted them because she's about as Christian as I am.
edit on 9/28/2021 by Klassified because: corrections and additions

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

To Christians, she's blasphemous.

Again, she's only thought of as blasphemous by those who reject her belief that God wants Christians vaccinated.

Plenty of people, politicians, statemen and regular people claim to hear God's voice and proclaim to know what God wants. The governor is no different.

ETA: You, Klassified, are in same boat as me, in that you have evolved through Christianity, and in the opinion of Ketsuko and Redneck, your opinion on the subject has the same worth as mine.

edit on 28-9-2021 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

In the opinion of a person who has rejected Christ and Christianity which makes your opinion worth about as much as what comes out your butt.

As is yours....

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 01:14 PM
link   

So if a person cannot get the vaccine because of medical reasons, are they not “listening to God”?

And they don’t love their neighbor? It’s obvious if they listen to their doctor over God, they’re selfish. Am I right?
edit on 28-9-2021 by neutronflux because: Fixed

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Again, she's only thought of as blasphemous by those who reject her belief that God wants Christians vaccinated.

That's the difference though. If she had said "I believe God wants..." instead of claiming to KNOW what God wants, it would have been a different story. See the difference? That's one of two places she screwed up.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 01:18 PM
link   

So if a person cannot get the vaccine because of medical reasons, are they not “listening to God”?

I don't get that from the Governor's statement, but, I think she would say for those who can get vaccinated to do it out of love for your neighbor who can't and is vulnerable to the virus.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join