It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are birth rates dropping?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Oh, the conspiracy theories abound !!!!!!! This low birth rate figures have been dropping for a couple of decades, in the western countries only.
Part of it is down to successive governments saying we were having too many children. In the late 1960s/ 70s it was the ideal of the nuclear family, 2 children per couple, that was the start. Now you have (I really don't know what to call it) the selfish society, the woke society, but it's the me me me me society. Men and women are full of "I want to do what I want to do and having children will spoil my choices and my enjoyment".
What's happening now has nothing to do with the current situation as if you remember a certain MS Merkel, quite a few years ago, gave the reason of Germanys low birth-rate to invite unfettered immigration to bolster the German population.
As been said, it's only the Western countries, South and Central Americans, Africans, Asians are breeding like the proverbial rabbits. It's got nothing to do with Covid, Covid vaccine, miscarriages etc. etc. It has to do with culture.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I agree. We have all these adult children who want someone else to take care of them, they don’t want to entertain the idea of taking care of someone else.

a reply to: crayzeed

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: MikhailBakunin

originally posted by: MykeNukem

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Who would want to bring a child into this world right now?

WTF?

How is that any of your business?

That's what you got out of this?

Figures...

not anyone's business? Do you understand how exponentially America's wasteful culture influences our planet? Our oceans? And ultimately back to us for such careless behavior? How could anyone support such devastation knowing us humans are at fault? As the new generation develops extreme apathetic character traits....
yet you feel we should just throw more fuel on the fire for the sake of........??? What exactly?

There's definitely going to be more days where everyone crams into wal*mart like a moshpit just to fight over toilet paper...
Sheesh... being unaware can be hazardous to your health... I think you have just bought into the woke ideology of America hating progressives... www.google.com...
And by the way .... sometimes names give people away.
edit on 6-9-2021 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

At least you assume responsibility for the s**t show we left them to deal with... It's our doing that puts the coming generation into their situation.
You don't like how they handle it??? Too bad... we had our chance, and we screwed up.

Some are aware that this will not change if we just roll over, and hide in our caves. Only the next generation if well thought can change anything. Has always been like that, will always be like that. There Is no future without the youth.

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I love some of the imaginations in the place, but don’t get to insular and become an echo chamber. Increasing relevant and absolute proverty, shifting cultural expectations, increasing levels of education (excepting this place in a fair few cases) and rightful greater freedom and independence for women. Lots and lots oF reasons for fewer crotch goblins.

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

I just check the local birth announcements in my local paper. They are noticeably down. Don't tell theese vaccinations aren't a cause.

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dutchowl

I just check the local birth announcements in my local paper. They are noticeably down. Don't tell theese vaccinations aren't a cause.

How would that even work? The vaccinations started less than 9 months ago.

I think someone needs to take you through the birds and the bees again.

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: FatherLukeDuke

It could be that spontaneous abortions are up. This will become clearer in time.

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Dutchowl

I just came across this, an extrapolation of a study where the vaccine was given to pregnant women. On the surface, it does not look to bad, but when you look at when spontaneous abortions occur they seem to be very high in the first trimester. www.bitchute.com...
edit on 6-9-2021 by anonentity because: (no reason given)
The analysis if looked at gives something like a massive 85% abortion rate in the first or second trimester.
edit on 6-9-2021 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Good, there are too many people on this planet. I hope it helps the traffic.

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

Just to be clear this is the study being quoted.vwww.nejm.org...

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Good point, maybe lockdowns have had an impact on pregnancy? Interesting to know what pregnancy rates are and if they are impacted similarly or reflect something else.

originally posted by: FatherLukeDuke

originally posted by: Dutchowl

How would that even work? The vaccinations started less than 9 months ago.

I think someone needs to take you through the birds and the bees again.

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 07:49 PM
link   

You know Why , and the Cause that Seems to be Verboten to Mention in Public Nowadays..........

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

We are fast approaching the point where the informed will have to head for the lifeboats, as there is a confirmed dichotomy happening.

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011

Good, there are too many people on this planet. I hope it helps the traffic.

I really miss the days when people were genuinely afraid to go outside last year. You could get to downtown Chicago without touching the brakes.

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I expect birth rates to be up because people have nothing better to do than make babies in a pandemic out of boredom but....

The few times I've lived with women I've noticed we mate less. Perhaps absence does make the heart grow fonder.

Makes sense with the baby boom after WW2.

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

It's an ill wind that blows nobody any good.

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

It was so quiet. I saw ducks wading in a puddle in the middle of usually high traffic street.

I was so happy with the silence.

I can't recall even hearing police sirens or fire trucks.

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I mostly agree with you. However, I would wait a little longer to see if Western Countries show a dramatic birth rate reduction that couldn't be explained with your hypothesis.
A reply to: crayzeed

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 11:31 PM
link   

simple my generation(im 38) and my sisters generation(30) and my MARRIED younger sister(26) who is married to and is a doctor her self none of us have kids and very few of my friends have kids, even less in 2 parent homes, not saying step dads cant be great but Dad is always Dad.

but back to the point.

a lot of us are children of divorce and from middle school were reminded almost daily about how important your job was and enjoying your life etc etc.

and more and more LGBTQ people seem to exist.

the civilized world is living longer and having fewer kids, why take on a parasite willingly, i like my freedom and have enough family that if i want love and what not its a few mins away.

i like the fact i can decide to go to the Caribbean tomorrow afternoon or maybe going to NYC this weekend and not worry about babysitters or having the kids stay with mom or something.

people don't want kids anymore it seems.

all that being said i would have loved to have a kid in my younger years but the time for me has passed i think. I don't want to be an 'old dad' .

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join