It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

-@TH3WH17ERABB17- -Q- Questions. White House Insider's postings -PART- - XXXV -

page: 70
<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 07:12 PM
link   
ETMN:

A couple of days ago it was 0°. I had to go to the post office. An old lady stared at me and asked me if I was cold.

I was wearing the usual, a single-layer flannel plaid shirt. You get used to the cold.

Enjoyed the polar bear pic. 👍🏻

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: PokeyJoe

You need a "Chuck Schumer Hot Air Blower"!!

Sorry that you're going to get a bad night mate. Seems like the power company are joining in the "Instil Fear" campaign.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Rolling Blackouts in Texas due to:

Frozen wind turbines and limited gas supplies have hampered the ability to generate enough power, according to a statement from ERCOT.
www.cnn.com...

Gasoline shortage in Refinery rich Texas?
Obama's Windmills are a Pain everywhere. Biden wants more.

See why the push for solar and wind? If, in the future it isn't heating but cooling, the destructive effort will be obvious. Folks simply don't get long term plans, they just don't. They think those in charge are just making it up as they go.

Here. In CA in the 70's, going way back, they tried making the fast lane of the freeway a carpool lane to reduce traffic. It was pretty much laughed at, they called it the "diamond lane." It went away, but it was a test run (you'll see why in a minute).

So in the 80's the carpool lane was floated again. Meh, but then the State started building a carpool lane on all the Interstate Freeways. Now, folks who can carpool do, no incentive is not needed, but California is not a company State or town, so thousands are not coming from the burbs to work at GM. So mostly the lanes sit empty, but virtue signaling was fun for some and the lanes went up with no resistance, which was the real plan.

The slow boil frog effect and plans take decades.

So, in the 2000's most freeways have carpool lanes but few carpool. So what were they for? Ah,,, the Federal Highways CANNOT run a toll system - that's the fed's property (much sold to the Chinese btw) and those are not money sacks for the State/China.

So how to get around that? Well, put in carpool lanes, then offer Non-carpoolers the chance to drive in the lane for money. Carpoolers are free - as long as the get a transponder and submit their info (control) so the letter of the law is followed, but anyone now can pay per mile to drive in the virtue signaling lane. In some cases 1.00 per mile or more during traffic hour.

See how that happened? It took 40 years, but they planned every drop of it. So now the State rakes in money from a system they were explicitly prevented from doing so, and, at the same time punish folks by making traffic worse by reducing the freeway by one or more lanes.

Global warming, global warming, but in reality it is mirrored = Mini ice age. Easier to live with heat then extreme cold. Now, when the cooling comes... rolling blackouts... pay more... people suffer... many will be driven into areas where basic heat - a given in 2020, is a commodity to be brokered in exchange for submission.

Plans are in place decades in advance. Slow boil. The idea that Klaus Blowfeld and company are winging it is beyond ignorant, they plan and plan.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: PokeyJoe
I’m so pissed right now. It’s going to be 8 degrees tonight and the power company is still doing roving blackouts. Except it’s 2 minutes of power to 30 minutes of darkness now. I have 2 young children. It’s going to get very hairy tonight I fear. Cant cook. Cant see, cant heat ourselves. Wtf, y’all?

Oh well, at least you have yourselves.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

Yeah real funny.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

I’m so pissed right now. It’s going to be 8 degrees tonight and the power company is still doing roving blackouts. Except it’s 2 minutes of power to 30 minutes of darkness now. I have 2 young children. It’s going to get very hairy tonight I fear. Cant cook. Cant see, cant heat ourselves. Wtf, y’all?

Oh well, at least you have yourselves.

The guy's got little kids. WTF is wrong with you? 🤬

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: HackScribbler

PJoe, if you still have hot water in your tank look for things you can use as hot water bottles. It will help the kids moods and keep them warmer. Put a warm hat on them to reduce heat loss.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthOfStuff

Not power. Not hot water. I have a tankless water heater.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Folks who have participated in this thread know all about the true purpose of 23andME. This will come as absolutely no surprise. Serious question, how does anyone know any of the information returned from the test was even remotely accurate?

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: crankyoldman

I never understood why anyone would send their DNA to a company. Companies get sold. Companies don't always abide by their promises.

I have asked a few people, "why in the world would do that?" The most cringe worthy answer? Because the kit was a Christmas present from so-and-so.

edit on 15-2-2021 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Yes you can. Your forgetting. Your human and you live on earth.

Make a fire.

If you live in an apartment then get any metal container near or on your window and make a fire in that. Remove your screen if you need to to ventilate.

Guy's in a situation like your in you need to think up unique ways to get by and not wait for the state or any governments to fix things.

I say stop fighting it. Turn the power off. Bundle up. Get close. If you have a yard make a fire. Small fire's can be super warm if you make them right. Surround them with metal pots and pans if you need.

Treat this like a camping trip. I've camped in -14 before and was warm. Humans have lived in those types of conditions, happily, for thousands of years.
edit on 15-2-2021 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOfStuff
a reply to: CanadianMason

Just got through a few weeks of close to -40c here which is close to the same in Fahrenheit.

“Warmer” now at -18!! Just finished some outside chores and car maintenance. Brrr!

For our friends from normally warm climates here are some basics if they haven’t been mentioned.

Run a water tap or two at a trickle to keep a flow to avoid water freezing.

Keep your thermostat at a higher temperature to fend off the cold and to gain some time if your heat goes out.

Open cupboards under sinks in the bathroom and kitchen to let heat into those spaces where water pipes are.

Close your blinds and drapes for extra insulation unless the sun is shining directly in your windows. Lots of heat in sunlight.

Park your car with the radiator facing down wind.

Roll up blankets and put them at the inside base of all exterior doors.

Good luck and if you have any specific questions don’t be afraid to ask us northerners.

In addition to your excellent list here I'd add no generators running inside the house unless exhausted properly, which also means not in the basement, closet etc. I knew some stupid young guys that did that. Nothing life threatening but they got wicked headaches and were just lucky. You'd be surprised how often people do this during sudden cold snaps when they are not prepared for. People die or get seriously sickened from it. Unlikely, ats people would do this. I'd hope.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Great advice.
And Joe, if you have a car you can boil water in a coke can. Just tuck some by the manifold and idle the engine for a bit. Kids can sit inside the car with the heat on to get warmed up while you do this.

You can also wrap some food in tinfoil and the engine will heat that up too. We’ve done this camping.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Could be something, could be nothing...

Whilst watching The Riot Club, I decided to look up it's Wiki.

Arising from that I found List of Oxford University Clubs.

There is a "notoriously sophisticated women’s fine dining society" in Christchurch college called THE ALICES!!!

The only other link I can find to it, even using DDG, is Cherwell.org that gives less than a sentence to it!

I'm just wondering if THE ALICES was a recruiting ground for "The Crown Sister Agents" that we have discussed earlier in the thread.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthOfStuff

We are animals.

If we all pile on top of each other and then cover the pile with some blankets we will be warm. lol

Anther reply said to make some hot water bottles.
I have a hot water bottle a friend got me when she visited germany. Best gift I ever got.
Love it.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 08:36 PM
link   
1 milllion Views

Coinkydink I caught it at that number.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOfStuff
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Great advice.
And Joe, if you have a car you can boil water in a coke can. Just tuck some by the manifold and idle the engine for a bit. Kids can sit inside the car with the heat on to get warmed up while you do this.

You can also wrap some food in tinfoil and the engine will heat that up too. We’ve done this camping.

Just like the Red Green show! Though I think he also made rice or something in the hubcaps while driving.

Edited to add clips. Classic canadian comedy.

edit on 15-2-2021 by igloo because: (no reason given)

link   
STS is infected with the dumb.

link   

🙏 for you...
I've used a blanket (heat rises) in the doorway of main area/bedroom during a NW ice storm that lasted three weeks...
Huddled close and read a lot of books living on pbj sandwiches.

Car battery and inverter for/with portable 1500 watt heater if ya get the chance to go to town in the am.

Can recharge extra battery and maintain vehicle battery...jumper cables?

People with RVs have an advantage.
edit on (2/15/2121 by loveguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

The most cringe worthy answer? Because the kit was a Christmas present from so-and-so.

Yep we got one for Christmas and said thank you very much and several years laters it still sits sealed somewhere in the garage or maybe by now made its way to the dumpster?

I always thought it was a strange gift to give someone in the first place. Plus their is no guarantee the results are even legit from what I have seen. There have been cases where people have submitted their pets or animals and the results come back as valid with matches.

edit on 58228America/ChicagoMon, 15 Feb 2021 20:58:47 -0600000000p2842 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join