It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here We go Covid Lockdown #2

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: peter_kandra

Hardly morbidly obese pal, sure you will be fine.

Scores of other poor bastards that do tick that box as unfortunate as the case may be, nevermind a few others who also tick other boxes.

People who smoke, Organ transplant recipients, People who have immunodeficiency issues, the list is extensive.
edit on 15-11-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Hecate666

When in history have we had the mass transit hubs and infrastructure across the globe, in place, in the same manner, we have now, that can enable pathogens such as covid 19, with extended incubation periods of up to 14 days, to spread across the globe?

When has there been 7.594 billion people on the planet before?

Keep your hints Hecate666, go pick up a science text or medical journal, the information you require is in there.

If you require heard immunity to take hold you are going to have millions of dead people.

Our best bet for defeating COVID 19 or at least getting it under control lies with the 90% effective vaccines that are apparently materializing around the globe, and stuff being first to try those out until we know the side effects.

Don't need a science book, passed my BSc [hons] quite ok. Also it helped working in the pharmaceutical industry for yonks.
Anyway. You would have a point if there was a dangerous pathogen out there. You know, like the black death. Then I'd totally clap my hands for you and your immense knowledge.
But alas, any illness with a 99.996% survival rate is really easy to get under control via exposure.

The trick is to let those with underlying illnesses or the elderly or with compromised immune system stay at home is they so wish. I fall under vulnerable but I'll take my chances with this. I have survived worse flus, such as the one in 2015. Where I actually got ill for once and suffered for months. But I am now armed against the same strain forever, thanks to
"The Immune System". A great invention that took billions of years to develop and works pretty well.

Must I really explain why exposure would be far better in the long run than hiding away? Must I really?
I give you another good advice for free: Long term is the word.
Not just this week or until next year or until some crackpot comes up with a hastily concocted vaccine that only lasts two months and only against one strain.

You can't do that to your kids or human kind. I am sorry but people will die in this process, just like they die every day for thousands of years in order to make sure that when something big comes, we have been exposed to everything up until then. The longer you wait, the weaker humans would become and then die one day if a Polynesian has a little sneeze [only as an example] and all the scaredy cats who have not been exposed will fall over dead.
The same reason is behind keeping kids too clean and then wondering why they are always ill.

This effect is well known and has killed many peoples in history who weren't exposed

Here is your choice:

People will hide away and lose their natural ability to fight anything....so many will die of any old virus that fancies coming along.
or
Some people will die [like every year during flu season] and the whole becomes immune for the future.

I like the second option because it makes more sense.
edit on 15-11-2020 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-11-2020 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Your choice would seem to equate to letting the virus run its course.

Thus we develop herd immunity.

Which quite frankly may turn out to be a false promise.

And quite a few Epidemiologists have repeatedly smacked down such ideas saying surrendering to the virus is not a defensible plan.

Arguments in favor of allowing the COVID 19 virus to run its course unchecked share a misunderstanding about what herd immunity is, and how best to achieve it.

As to my education, well i have an HND in Electronic & Electrical Engineering and a Degree in Information and Media Technology, none of which is applicable where COVID 19 is concerned.

I like options if that's any help.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Here's insanity ...

Fauci told Jake Tapper that even with the vaccine (90 to 95% effective) we should keep masks and social distancing and other measures to protect the ones for whom the vaccine doesn't work!

So even with roughly 5 to 10% for whom the vaccine wouldn't work, we wouldn't have enough immunity to go back to normalcy.

That's insane and should tell you that at this point a lot of this is about power, not about saving anyone.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Your choice would seem to equate to letting the virus run its course.

Thus we develop herd immunity.

Which quite frankly may turn out to be a false promise.

And quite a few Epidemiologists have repeatedly smacked down such ideas saying surrendering to the virus is not a defensible plan.

Arguments in favor of allowing the COVID 19 virus to run its course unchecked share a misunderstanding about what herd immunity is, and how best to achieve it.

As to my education, well i have an HND in Electronic & Electrical Engineering and a Degree in Information and Media Technology, none of which is applicable where COVID 19 is concerned.

I like options if that's any help.

I wasn't actually speaking about heard immunity at all. I was speaking from every human's perspective of keeping their immune system up to date regularly unless it means death. But that isn't new, that is how we survived forever. Not those of course that didn't get exposed, they died and still do.
You talk about may, might and possible outcomes if we let the virus run it's course. I am talking of 100% death for people who will from now on never go outside again, never touch any door handles, never get a cold or a flu ever again.
Very soon, a common cold would kill them. That is 100% certain [unless for a lucky handful].

You have options with my plan. You can stay indoors forever and be scared and let strangers inject whatever is the medicine du jour [and we know how they have never ever made mistakes that cost a lot of people's lives] or you can go outside and wash your hands. You can wear a mask or not, you can keep your distance or not. Plenty of options but at least adults can make up their own mind about their own lives.

With your idea, there is no option. It's forever indoors, vaccines and certain death, regardless if I want to or not.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   

So the survival of the fittest.

Feck it, just carry on regardless and let God sort it out?

Aye, that will work, but it will also equate to 10s of millions of dead across the globe for some very obvious reasons.

I don't have an idea per-say, just a vague opinion if I'm honest.

I'll stick to what science and the scientists are shoveling for the time being all the same ta very much.

Coz what your suggestion equates to playing spin the bottle with some very dangerous pathogen if not to myself then to others.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: peter_kandra

NZ has a population of what, 5 million? The US has more essential workers than that.

Someone brought up Italy....I responded to that.
Nowhere in either post was the USA mentioned.

But pro rata I bet there's not that much in it either way.

Apples and oranges.

Possibly.

But its worth remembering that not everything in this world is about the USA.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   

..... passed my BSc [hons] quite ok.....

A slight aside, but so what?

I've met many people with Honours degrees, Masters degree and even PhD's who are thick as two short planks.

I'm no intellectual giant, not by any stretch, but I can hold my own with the majority of university graduates - I left school without a single qualification and apart from being Certified Six Sigma Black Belt have no professional qualifications either.

I'm not implying anything about you personally just that in my opinion, for what little its worth, university graduation isn't necessarily proof of intelligence.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yep asstonishing that we have thrown away hundreds of years of practice with getting the most at risk into protection and continuing life till we get rid of it or it mutates out of a dangerous state.

Looking more and more like the entire thing is about breaking the middle class, and bringing everyone under the umbrella of govt protection.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Yep asstonishing that we have thrown away hundreds of years of practice with getting the most at risk into protection and continuing life till we get rid of it or it mutates out of a dangerous state.

And how did those 'hundreds of years of practice' work out in the past?

Wheelbarrows full of dead bodies if I remember my history lessons correctly.
Given the worlds population today can you imagine how many dead people there could be?

Fortunately today scientific knowledge gives us a little bit of an edge that we have lacked during previous pandemics.
Personally I think it may be prudent to consider some sort of scientific advice.

I'm not advocating blind faith but surely the cautious common sense approach is the responsible one rather than just allowing people to go about their business as if there was nothing wrong and let nature take its course?

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

It's time to stand up against these MaskHoles!

Do not follow ANY of their unconstitutional mandates.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Sometimes well sometimes not so well.

Having no job market or economy to speak of scares me much more than a virus.

Hoping the govt decides I am one of the lucky ones so I get my food rations terrifies me, read about that sort of thing enough in the history books.

Yea i am much more afraid of the govt "help" than a virus.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Looking more and more like the entire thing is about breaking the middle class, and bringing everyone under the umbrella of govt protection.

THe middle class?

Strange, all evidence here in the UK suggests - and very few people are denying it - that its the poorest in our society who are the most likely to catch this virus, the mental health effects of lockdown and all other related issues.
That leads me to think that if anyone its the working class and those on benefits who are being targeted.

edit on 15/11/20 by Freeborn because: grammar and clarity

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Dr. FAUCI tells CNN this morning that Draconian measures will be needed long after everyone has been vaccinated against covid-19.

mobile.twitter.com...

The controller's want everybody to keep re inhaling a little bit of their carbon dioxide with every breath, which dulls the mind, making you more compliant to Authority.

link   
I hope you have sufficient electrical backup because do not put it past the powers that be causing day long power outages to destroy people’s stockpiles of meat and dairy a reply to: rickymouse

link   

Who's getting richer Irishhaf?

Coz there's the ticket right there.

Wee hint is definitely not the middle class or the poor.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Must I really explain why exposure would be far better in the long run than hiding away? Must I really?

Yes - you must. Immunity is the ultimate goal. Short term, quarantining would have saved countless lives

If you saw a single video showing you how tiny viruses are, and how air works - you might then understand

All we had to do was shut ourselves in for a few weeks and wear masks where that wasn't possible. We could have had this mostly wrapped up by now if it wasn't for magical thinking and ridiculous bellyaching about freedom

A virus can't move on it's own - it requires that we move it. For it to stay viable, it has to be spread

It's actually pretty simple

edit on 11/15/2020 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: sprockets2000
I hope you have sufficient electrical backup because do not put it past the powers that be causing day long power outages to destroy people’s stockpiles of meat and dairy a reply to: rickymouse

We've had more power outages this year than any in my life! (in my area)
edit on 15-11-2020 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

No. That strategy postpones the inevitable.

Lockdowns were about relieving hospital pressure.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Lockdowns were about relieving hospital pressure.

Duh

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join