It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here We go Covid Lockdown #2

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

No. That strategy postpones the inevitable.

Lockdowns were about relieving hospital pressure.

Super tight New York lockdowns might be designed to keep residents from leaving, and taking their tax dollars and elsewhere.

300000 people have fled New York in the last 8 months!

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   
That's Boris Johnson in self-isolation again.

Apparently, down to track and track, informing him one of the other government ministers tested positive that attended a meeting he also attended on Thursday.
edit on 15-11-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: JinMI

Duh

So what happens after your few week scenario when it happens again? Lock down again? In perpetuity?
Not logical nor reasonable.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   
CNN and dr. Fauci says we are probably going to have to cancel Christmas this year.

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Is the Christmas spirit not in the heart all the same?

The implication being Christmas Dinner and get-togethers are possibly not on the cards.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Maybe it's going to be overshadowed by the covid-19 HELL referred to by this Biden advisor.

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Christmas is a time for family.

Do you remember the part where all the Whos in Whoville hid inside their homes and said, "Hey, at least we're alive!"

Nope, it was the part where they all gathered together, joined hands, and sang.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The truth of the matter is if the widespread use of masks plus other applicable PPE and proper lockdown procedures were followed and implemented when they were supposed to be aka a hell of a lot faster than they were, we would be in a far better state than we currently now are where containment and control of the dangerous virus is concerned.

Both our respective nations reopened their doors to the public far to some to contain the virus thus a second wave was always incoming.

Let's just hope these vaccines do what it says on the tin, and safe, would be my thing on the matter, although I'm ambivalent to believe them to be 90% effective if I'm honest.
edit on 15-11-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   

So what happens after your few week scenario when it happens again? Lock down again? In perpetuity? Not logical nor reasonable.

Doing it half-assed makes the problem worse in every way. For patients, healthcare workers and the economy. We did it half-assed

Nobody wants a lock down. Nobody. It's a disaster for our economy - it drives people crazy. However, we could have gone hardcore for a limited amount of time and come out on the other side far better than where we are now, and not had to sacrifice our economy to the same extent. The way we're handling it now just keeps it moving around indefinitely. Especially now we're indoors for fall and winter. Expect another explosion after Thanksgiving

The Best Global Responses to COVID-19 Pandemic

If you read through this you'll pick up on a common approach that works

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Dr. Seuss?

It's not that big over here ketsuko.

But i appreciate the sentiment your attempting to convey.

The thing is if we don't pay heed and take this virus seriously again, a load of our OAP will be dead come Newyear down to COVID 19.

And yes i get that that will happen with the likes of just the common flu alone, but there is little point in doubling down imho.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Duh

So what happens after your few week scenario when it happens again? Lock down again? In perpetuity?
Not logical nor reasonable.

Are you kidding? These fools would sooner agree to a lifetime of heavy restrictions & hiding, rather than growing a pair and getting on with life.

I put zero stock into people who claim to being "thinking of the at-risk", when I myself at-risk and am consistently summarily ignored. They don't give a # about anything but their SJW street cred.
edit on 11/15/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   

We were locked down from April until July in Michigan.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

80% of my workplace was just out for 2 weeks. All but a few had extremely bad cold symptoms, plus a couple of the "weird" COVID symptoms. One almost went to the hosputal but didn't. So its rampant af, but not virulent enough to finish completely destroying our financial lives.

We weren't all lucky enough to get those fat unemployment bonuses. Some of our expenses went sky-high and incomes crashed as a result of the lockdowns. I would have approved if it had a 10% fatality rate.

This is @Davos in action.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Whats this proof of exactly?

Why were they there?

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Why were they there?

What exactly is your question? You're not making sense

You're suggesting lock downs don't work? How can they work if everyone isn't locked down?

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

No. That strategy postpones the inevitable.

Super tight New York lockdowns might be designed to keep residents from leaving, and taking their tax dollars and elsewhere.

300000 people have fled New York in the last 8 months!

mobile.twitter.com...

Yep , they are ALL Criminals Now ........

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Why were they there?

What exactly is your question? You're not making sense

You're suggesting lock downs don't work? How can they work if everyone isn't locked down?

Oh, you wanted to play tit for tat? Que all the protests, riots and looting then. I dont care.

I don't have a question. I was showing you that lockdowns are not a logical or reasonable solution.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I don't have a question. I was showing you that lockdowns are not a logical or reasonable solution.

You did have a question - you asked what the protests proved

Also, you haven't demonstrated that the lock downs aren't a reasonable solution

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Why were they there?

That was his POINT. Everyone was locked down, it still didn't work because the idea is akin to trying to hold water in a sieve. Unless you're willing to weld front doors shut to barricade people indoors, it's going to run it's course whether you like it or not.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join