It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here We go Covid Lockdown #2

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

They prove lockdowns don't work. From an administrative side nor a compliant side.
Let me try that again in English.

Not from an administrative side nor from a compliance side.

edit on 15-11-2020 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

They prove lockdowns don't work. From an administrative side nor a compliant side.
Let me try that again in English.

Not from an administrative side nor from a compliance side.

They do work (see the article previously linked). Just not in this country

This is basically what we're all talking about here. The problem we have - in our own country

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   

We both proved they don't work. They work on paper.

Again, its not logical nor reasonable.

Its not logical because of reasons already stated.

It's not reasonable because you simply can not completed lock down the entire population.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

We both proved they don't work. They work on paper.

Again, its not logical nor reasonable.

Its not logical because of reasons already stated.

It's not reasonable because you simply can not completed lock down the entire population.

They do work

What won't work is getting you to read anything

You can lead a horse to water, but goddam if some horses won't die of thirst first just so they won't have to think

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: peter_kandra

NZ has a population of what, 5 million? The US has more essential workers than that.

Someone brought up Italy....I responded to that.
Nowhere in either post was the USA mentioned.

But pro rata I bet there's not that much in it either way.

Apples and oranges.

Possibly.

But its worth remembering that not everything in this world is about the USA.

I didn't say everything was about the USA. My point was that you mentioned several small countries and how they managed containment via strict lockdown policies. All I did was say that would be futile in the US.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   

You cite Taiwan. They didn't lock down. They are, in fact, doing what most places in my area are doing -- providing sanitizer and taking temps of patrons. People wear masks although most wear them under their noses which does no one any real good, but they are masking.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Ok, sure you can capitulate for any reason you desire.

I'll take what actually happens over how you believe in a well? written paper.

You showed evidence to that fact yourself.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Hate to say it, Jin, but odds are I called it **yesterday:

www.mlive.com...

The governor is meeting with county health officials from across Michigan to preview what is expected to be new public health orders

The local health officers said they did not know what the additional restrictions would be.

Cagey, as per usual, until the last second. Man, if we were to make a drinking game of it, we'd be plastered all the time anymore.

**Edit: This morning, actually. Today went by FAST...
edit on 11/15/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Many folks will have plenty of time for jt

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You cite Taiwan. They didn't lock down. They are, in fact, doing what most places in my area are doing -- providing sanitizer and taking temps of patrons. People wear masks although most wear them under their noses which does no one any real good, but they are masking.

And - how are we doing? Compared to them? Here - in America?

Also, that article gave more examples than Taiwan. Cherry picking isn't really addressing the things we're tackling in this thread

link   

originally posted by: SaneThinking

Lock up those with one foot in the grave already, lock up those who’s immune systems can’t take it, and leave EVERYONE ELSE the fak alone!!!

There are some incredibly productive people in their 70's, which this thing will kill quickly and indiscriminately. So YOU want everything relaxed because YOU are not in that class of society. So, as far as YOU are concerned, # those people and YOU could care less about helping to reduce their exposure to this virus.

People like YOU are one of the main reasons this thing is in a resurgence.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I'll take what actually happens over how you believe in a well? written paper.

What did actually happen? Here in the United States?

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   

You listed Taiwan.

I told you my area was playing it largely like Taiwan.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

And there are also highly productive people in their 70s and up who are languishing and dying because they're being kept locked away without social contact and they're starting to feel useless.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   

That was his POINT. Everyone was locked down, it still didn't work because the idea is akin to trying to hold water in a sieve. Unless you're willing to weld front doors shut to barricade people indoors, it's going to run it's course whether you like it or not.

Maybe you don't understand what it means for everybody to be locked down?

We're human beings. We have control over certain things

Whether I like something or not is irrelevant, but extra points awarded for the authoritarian snark

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Many folks will have plenty of time for jt

Plenty of time for The Sketchy Gretchy Drinking Game, or plenty of time to sit at home & twiddle thumbs watching everything worked for/earned evaporate again?

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

You listed Taiwan.

I told you my area was playing it largely like Taiwan.

So - how is your area doing? If not as well as Taiwan - why not? If you're doing better than Taiwan, or at least as good - then groovy

Still, it doesn't answer the question for our entire country. We're not doing very well. We didn't actually lock down the way other countries who are faring better did. Fall into winter was always going to be a problem regardless. There is no magic bullet - just , some bullets are more effective than others

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   

And there are also highly productive people in their 70s and up who are languishing and dying because they're being kept locked away without social contact and they're starting to feel useless.

Yes, that is true as well. This virus is like the litmus test of how our society really feels about important issues and other people. Certainly not all of them, there are many hero's -- just not enough of them.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv

Yes, that is true as well. This virus is like the litmus test of how our society really feels about important issues and other people. Certainly not all of them, there are many hero's -- just not enough of them.

To us At-Risk folks, it's simply highlighting how many of you are willing to openly pressure & control the very folks you claim to White Knight for.

The White Knighting is very hollow when you refuse to STFU and listen to us from our perspectives, because yours do not matter in our world.
edit on 11/15/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   
So for those for lockdowns please go to www.youtube.com...

Watch a couple then contact him and debate him. He will welcome the connection. But make sure you have more than your opinion.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join