It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free UK Face Mask Exemption Cards Download Yours Now

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade
a reply to: ScepticScot

How’s our favourite epidemiologists track record at predicting viral outbreaks? You know comparing his models which influence policy in relation to reality?

Vague insinuations about what?
edit on 20-9-2020 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   

I’ll be happy to privately message a mod to confirm my credentials with my personal information redacted if it helps?

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

I just fix PC these days as opposed to coding much.

But i have an HNC in Software Development.

I would not mind a critique of the coding, i imagine i should still be able to keep up or at least get the gist of any associated problems with the code?

Why is there a variation between PC and laptop, considering they will run the same code in the same programming language(python), on similar CPU/memory across both platforms springs to mind?

Should probably add all the same, most of the coding i did was ether in PASCAL or C++ many moons ago. LoL
edit on 20-9-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I’ll be happy to privately message a mod to confirm my credentials with my personal information redacted if it helps?

I think I trust the qualifications of those who conducted the actual review sufficiently thanks.

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

This would require a lot of time and effort, which would be wasted on those without a background in software development. Pouring over lines and lines of code to try and iron out bugs is a fruitless exercise and something I don’t have the time to do.

Feel free to download from the GitHub repository and have a play around with the functions yourself. From what I remember I had issue with the I/O buffers. Depending on the write size these would be flushed. As there are thousands of parameters this would lead to spurious outputs.

What I can say is that his models don’t match reality, no matter what way you skew the numbers.

I believe he said 500,000 deaths in the UK

edit on 20/9/20 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Sorry, i thought you had an idea as to what was wrong with the code.

Not expecting you to go through every line of the coding with me. LoL

And you are ok I'm not up for attempting to debug programming written in a language i am unfamiliar with, ile take your word for it.

Models seldom match reality with any real degree of precision Grenade that's just a cold hard fact, especially where large groups of people are concerned, just too many different variables to factor in.

500,000 deaths in the UK is not beyond the realms of possibility should we ever decide to sit back and do sweet feck all about the predicament, so there is that i suppose.

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Bombs aren’t comparable with a mild respiratory infection.

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Nothing mild about COVID 19 should it lead to pneumonia and the end of one's life.

Only really silly people would assume otherwise.

The list of lingering maladies from COVID-19 is longer and more impressively varied than most doctors could have imagined.

Ongoing problems include fatigue, a racing heartbeat, shortness of breath, achy joints, foggy thinking(explains Boris i suppose), a persistent loss of sense of smell, and damage to the heart, lungs, kidneys, and brain.

A bit more than just a mild respiratory infection for some.

As to bombs well we can stick a virus and other biological weaponry inside them and also artillery shells, so there is that.

That was not really what the meme was about through, as im sure you are perfectly aware. LoL

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   

And yet for such a debilitating illness the majority of people are asymptomatic and never even know they had it.

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Tell that to the 40,000+ poor dead sods families and loved ones and see how that goes down.

Im thinking like a lead balloon.

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 07:35 PM
link   

The vast majority of those who’ve died either already had serious life threatening illnesses or were at end of life so I’m sure it didn’t come as a shock.

Also all the suicides, murders, car crashes, accidents etc, those families are unlikely to blame corona even if the death certificate states so.
edit on 20/9/20 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 07:39 PM
link   

You realise how many people something like diarrhoea kills each year? Or the common flu?

As I said earlier how do you think the 120+ million people forced into starvation feel about lockdown?

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Well i would not broach the subject with anyone whos partner, parent, friend, brother or sister, that have surcumb to the pathogen put it that way.

Anyhoo its bed time for me, things to do tomorrow, enjoy the remainder of the evening.

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Have fun pal.

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   

a reply to: Kurokage

What you think and the truth clearly have no correlation.

Thats clearly what everybody else should be saying to you.
All you've done in this thread is rant and tell us we're all wrong.
You don't seem want to listen any facts that disagree with your way of thinking that have have so far been posted to the thread by members and you're happy to say that this is a mild infection. Just wait for the winter and the usual mad rush at the hospitals.
edit on 21-9-2020 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

Actually I’ve said you’re all right, the whole time. What I’ve said is that you fail to see my point regarding other issues surrounding masks other than their ability to limit the spread.

But don’t worry, it’s easier to ignore my words and project what you think I said instead with blind rage.

Like every other year the flu will be upon us soon, a comparative virus which will be a good indicator if the masks actually work. Still I was never forced to wear a mask to prevent that particular virus spreading.

Take care.

edit on 21/9/20 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 07:40 AM
link   

If Boris's rhetoric don't count as "doublespeak" i don't ken what does.

1984 much Boris ya cockwomble?

edit on 22-9-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   

His lack of leadership and incompetence has been staggering.

If ever there was a time for something akin to the wartime National government its now.

Suspend party politics and put the need of the country before the interests of the small minded, self-aggrandising politicians whose limitations have been so brutally exposed for all to see.

And I hate to say this but I would include Wee Jimmy in such a government.
For all I despise her and disagree passionately with her politics I have to say she's handled herself far better than Boris has - not very hard really but.....

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

i would hate to see the Government try to fight a war when they cannot get a tracing app to work , not like most of us have not got a second phone and are now called John Smith from 1 tardis place any town

Why not just tell the masses this is a parasitic thing and use liposomal vitamin c ,Ivermectin ,Chlorine Dioxide ,or a malaria drug ,tonic water for the Quine www.ft.dk...

Yip i am a cheap Bxxxxxx but no one is dying in my area

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join