It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 6

page: 82
<< 79  80  81    83  84  85 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   
A bit of local news:

A person in my county has fallen ill a second time, after recovering. I am not sure if they ever tested negative or not, but seemed to have recovered, then began feeling ill again. Upon re-testing it came back positive.

In the meantime, they visited Walmart, Target, KFC, and some economic oportunity program.

WENY

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
There's something really odd going on with meat processing plants. Why are they being hit similar to aged care homes?

Is there any chance the meat is infected? could that explain why the USA's numbers are so consistently high even after lockdown?

As others have said, it's that the workers stand next to each other on the processing line and they haven't got protection gear (masks, or anything, really.) It's doubtful the meat is the source, since they're not in contact with any slab of meat for any length of time (and it should be safe... cooking will kill the virus completely (I assume you cook and don't eat raw.))

But standing next to another person for 8 hours/day and for weeks at a time... that'll do it. I expect other industries with a similar work pattern will also get hit.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Numbers from around the world are taken from Worldometers for May 6th.

Spain - Pop: 44.6 M
253,682 Positive tests…….. or 1 out of 184 Spaniards
10.19% Deaths (25,857)

Italy - Pop: 60.4 M
214,457 Positive tests….. or 1 out of 282 Italians
13.84 % Deaths (29,684)

UK – Pop: 66.6 M
201,101 Positive tests….. or 1 out of 331 UKers
14.95 % Deaths (30,076)

France – Pop: 67.0 M
170,551 Positive tests….. or 1 out of 393 French
14.96 % Deaths (25,531)

Sweden – Pop: 10.2 M
23,918 Positive tests….. or 1 out of 428 Swedes
12.29 % Deaths (2,941)

Denmark – Pop: 5.8 M
9,938 Positive tests….. or 1 out of 584 Danes
5.09 % Deaths (506)

US - Pop: 330 M
1,244,538 Positive tests.... or 1 out of 265 Americans
5.85 % Deaths

US death rates (2017):
1. Heart Disease …………….…………647,457 annual or 1,773 daily average
2. Cancer ……………………..……….….599,108 annual or 1,641 daily average
3. Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936 annual or 465 daily average
7. Diabetes:………………………………….83,564 annual or 228 daily average

COVID-19 ………………………………………. 72,876 (67 Day) or 1087 daily average

*** SURPASSED *****

8. Influenza and Pneumonia …………55,562 annual or 152 daily average
9. Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis:..50,633 annual or 138 daily average
10. Intentional self-harm (suicide):..47,173 annual or 129 daily average
X. Auto accidents ………………….………37,461 annual or 102 daily average
X. H1N1 2009 ESTIMATED (8,868 – 18,638) for 1 year or 24 – 50 daily average

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: MrRCflying

Are you in the states?

That's insane to hear, better tell everyone that went to those places they may have it now.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Personal experience from this morning.

This is the first I have been out to a grocery store in about 3 weeks I guess. The last time I had to pick up meds for my mom, and got some fresh stuff too.

I decided to venture out to get meats to vacuume pack and freeze. Not sure what is going to happen with the meat situation, and trying to prepare for the fall and winter already a little.

As I have said before, I was well stocked up for months in if need be. My main concern is for my 85yo mother who is living with is. As you may recall my aunt in Kentucky had it (althoug they are saying tests were negitive) and is doing better, but my mother has more health problems, and probably would not have made it. My aunt is doing some better I guess, not ready to go home yet.

Since people are not dropping like flies in our area, I have gone out with extreeme caution a couple of times. If things improve more over the summer, I will be doing more to top off inventory in case of a second wave in the fall/winter. I felt it was worth the risk to get some meats now, just in case.

Some may say I am overdoing it. Maybe I am, but I would rather be cautious and prepared.

So I went to the local Aldi as soon as they opened. Wore my P100 resperator, and nitrile gloves. I still have not broken out the Tyvec suit yet, as I think it is maybe a little overkill still.

Aldi was very low on meats, otherwise well stocked. They were limiting meats to 1 kind of each, max of 4. That was a real bummer. Not much to choose from anyway. Got what I could, picked up fresh vegies and fruit, and some other things as long as I was there. One employee was walking around with no mask, even though they had an employee at the door making sure everyone coming in had a mask on. They had signs that isles were supposed to be one way, to prevent you from having to pass someone. Noboday payed any attention to it, just kind of a free for all like any other time.

Decided to go next door to Walmart to see if I could get more meat. They had employees at the door checking to make sure you had a mask on. Though I did see a couple of teenage boys, that pulled thier mask down once inside. Idiots.

They had almost nothing for meat. Shelves were almost bare. Again, limited to 1 of each type, but no max as far as I could tell. I picked up the last roast, some ground beef, ribs, and turkey. This was at 10AM, if I had gotten there an hour later, I doubt there would have been anything left at all in the meat section. I have never seen the meat shelves that low before.

I have a protocol for when I go out. I know, to some it may sound dumb, but I would rather be safe.

When I get home, I have my wife fog me down with VitalOxide, get the bottom of my shoes good too. Unpack things and wipe them down well before taking them in. As soon as I go in, cloths go in the laundry and I get a shower. Go back out, and spray the inside of the car with VitalOxide, and get the outside door handles as well.

Anyway, that was my excitement for the week I hope.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: SoNotYabiz

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

originally posted by: SoNotYabiz
Update from SC, USA. My 11-year-old daughter has it, so my 8-y-o son and I most likely have it too, as well as their father and step-mother and 9-y-o stepbrother. We’ve all stayed at home since February, except for every-two-weeks grocery shopping with masks and OCD hand washing. So yeah, reopen everything, the water’s fine! LET MY DAUGHTER PLAY WITH YOU AND YOUR KIDS, I DARE YOU. SERIOUSLY, I DARE YOU. I have zero effs to give now, all of y’all that keep posting that “this is BS, reopen the economy” are formally invited to my house to lick our doorknobs now. Please, I wish you would. I’ll PM you the details, come lick my doorknobs for my entire $1,200 stimulus check. I dare you.

Mate you need to calm down , I am sorry your family has been affected by this Virus I truly am, I don't know you but I will keep you in my prayers .

The CDC has recently admitted that this virus has been here for a long time and that many more Americans have had it than previously thought . Meaning the actual mortality rate of the Virus is likely much lower than previously thought.

It is completely treatable mate.

Oh, I hear you mate, it’s all good in the hood! When you and your children and your mum and wife and best friend get it, check back with me! Have no fears, kick back and have a spot of tea! When you’re checking every hour on your child in the middle of the night to make sure they’re breathing okay, and when they wake up delirious from the fever and crying that “everything hurts” just remind yourself that the mortality rate is much lower than previously thought, mate! It’s completely treatable with zero approved medications, mate! Cheeri-o!

/sarcasm

I have had it, me and my girlfriend both had it.

She got really sick it was serious , I got sick but honestly it was not the sickest I've ever been . Interestingly enough we both got sick with it around the November / December time frame .

Just recently a few clinics around my town have started doing regular testing for Covid-19 and Covid-19 anti-bodies , I forked out the money and got tested for Anti-bodies and presto it is confirmed I indeed had it at some point in the last year.

I'll leave it at that, again mate your in my prayers.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: timewarpedbrain7

Are you in the states?

That's insane to hear, better tell everyone that went to those places they may have it now.

NYS. Upstate, so not as bad here, but still not good. I am sure they will be doing contact tracing.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Sounds like the same situation as stores in my state with the meat and teens hanging out.

There is a skatepark a block from my house that has 100+ kids there a day, not sure why that's okay.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: tennisdawg
..opening everything back up before the first peak is just so ignorant. The world has to be laughing at the USA for the decisions they are making.

Take a look at the U.K., perhaps even more reckless in its decisions (or lack of). Boris Johnson locked down far too late, despite many at home and abroad begging him to do so sooner. And now he’s intended to start easing lockdown from Monday, despite just passing the peak and having the second highest death toll in the world. It’s as if he wants it to spread; perhaps thin the herd.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: peter_kandra

Lockdown timing could be seen as a fine line if lives and economy are equatable. Imo they’re not, so prudence should be erring on caution before reopening for business. But, in light of Boris getting a letter from his donors last week telling him to ease lockdown (their dividends must be suffering), then this sudden chance of pace surely equates to his decisions being all about business.

The public school (elite and costly for those in the US) ruling class will send the nation back to work and the children to school just like they they sent many thousands of soldiers over the top to their deaths in the trenches of WWI - with just as little care for the canon fodder.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Numbers Update for Europe, and Elsewhere (No BNO) :

www.worldometers.info...

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   
A couple of updated Financial Times Graphs by John Burn-Murdoch (more stuff at the link) :

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   
From the MedRxIv preprint server Hydroxychloroquine is associated with slower viral clearance in clinical COVID-19 patients with mild to moderate disease: A retrospective study

Partial abstract

To assess the efficacy of HCQ in increasing SARS-CoV-2 viral clearance Design: Retrospective observational study Setting: Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi Participants: Hospitalized adult patients with confirmed SARS-CoV-2 infection Intervention: None Measurements: The primary outcome was the time from a confirmed positive nasopharyngeal swab to turn negative. A negative nasopharyngeal swab conversion was defined as a confirmed SARS-CoV-2 case followed by two negative results using RT-PCR assay with samples obtained 24 hours apart Results: 34 confirmed COVID-19 patients were included. Nineteen (55.9%) patients presented with symptoms, and 14 (41.2%) had pneumonia. Only 21 (61.8%) patients received HCQ. The time to SARS-CoV-2 negativity nasopharyngeal test was significantly longer in patients who received HCQ compared to those who did not receive HCQ (17 [13-21] vs. 10 [4-13] days, p=0.023).

(etc)

So this is interesting -- it doesn't say anything about whether HCQ is effective or not, but it does say that the virus seems to linger longer in people who get HCQ treatment. The authors admit that the sample size is small but the observation seems to be reasonably sound. They did a lot of mashing of the data to make sure that it wasn't being caused by something else.

The paper isn't getting a lot of attention, but I think that it's certainly worth looking into, even if only through doing a "history" evaluation... taking patient records as these guys did and checking to see if this is also true in other hospitals and clinics.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

So an argument could me made that giving patients HCQ is in fact prolonging the infection. Interesting indeed.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Also, since some of you may have N-95 masks, this article may be of interest:

Can N95 Respirators Be Reused after Disinfection? How Many Times?

And... rather than quote stuff, I'll just cut to the chase. Details are at that link.

Answer: Yes. Using dry heat (like an oven, perhaps?) and temperatures around 200 degrees, you can sterilize and reuse up to 20 times. They warn that you should beware of degradation of plastic parts. So... you can treat your filter and use it again, making it more cost-effective.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

So an argument could me made that giving patients HCQ is in fact prolonging the infection. Interesting indeed.

I don't know that this would be the conclusion... the patients were deemed to have "recovered". I'd leave that conclusion for more studies and a better answer.

But... that said, I (personally) wouldn't be going without a face mask around any Covid-19 patients newly released after being treated with HCQ.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Thank you for sharing that info, B.

That is in fact what we are doing at my institution in the sterile processing unit

EDIT: And the poster taped to the wall inside our sterile processing unit break room says: " sterile processing : nobody knows what we do, until we don't do it! "

So true.

Sterile processing is helluv important, and largely under-recognized

With some additional continuing ingenuity, perhaps we can beat this thing.

edit on 6-5-2020 by Fowlerstoad because: added even more

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I've been following since thread 1... stopped commenting a week or 2 ago but have still been lurking. Anyway my thoughts on TD's posts which I'm taking seriously..... IF this third country released it on purpose wouldn't they know they were risking their own people? And know that it would be extremely destructive? And possibly kill the leader of said country along with destroying their own economy? Why take that risk? Some sick desire to kill off half the world population (or maybe all of it) and possibly themselves? I guess that's a risk in any war though.

If TD is telling the truth why would we make a bioweapon that would likely wipe out so many without having a back up plan to stop it? TD if you're lurking and see this.... your thoughts? I guess in the bioweapon making world they may have some "oops - this one might overdo it".

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Absolutely, I was just postulating this could be done on purpose to perhaps make the disease linger longer so the body has more chance to create antibodies.

top topics

<< 79  80  81    83  84  85 >>

join