It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 6

page: 84
<< 81  82  83    85  86  87 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Numbers from around the world are taken from Worldometers for May 7th.

Spain - Pop: 44.6 M
256,855 Positive tests…….. or 1 out of 182 Spaniards
10.14% Deaths (26,070)

Italy - Pop: 60.4 M
215,858 Positive tests….. or 1 out of 280 Italians
13.87 % Deaths (29,958)

UK – Pop: 66.6 M
206,715 Positive tests….. or 1 out of 322 UKers
14.81 % Deaths (30,615)

France – Pop: 67.0 M
174,191 Positive tests….. or 1 out of 385 French
14.81 % Deaths (25,809)

Sweden – Pop: 10.2 M
24,623 Positive tests….. or 1 out of 415 Swedes
12.34 % Deaths (3,040)

Denmark – Pop: 5.8 M
10,083 Positive tests….. or 1 out of 575 Danes
5.09 % Deaths (514)

US - Pop: 330 M
1,266,442 Positive tests.... or 1 out of 261 Americans
5.90 % Deaths

US death rates (2017):
1. Heart Disease …………….…………647,457 annual or 1,773 daily average
2. Cancer ……………………..……….….599,108 annual or 1,641 daily average
3. Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936 annual or 465 daily average
7. Diabetes:………………………………….83,564 annual or 228 daily average

COVID-19 ………………………………………. 74,948 (68 Day) or 1102 daily average

*** SURPASSED *****

8. Influenza and Pneumonia …………55,562 annual or 152 daily average
9. Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis:..50,633 annual or 138 daily average
10. Intentional self-harm (suicide):..47,173 annual or 129 daily average
X. Auto accidents ………………….………37,461 annual or 102 daily average
X. H1N1 2009 ESTIMATED (8,868 – 18,638) for 1 year or 24 – 50 daily average

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oleman
If many medical doctors view quercetin as a better treatment that hydroxychloroquine, why is there almost zero reference to it or discussion about it?

Because the only doctors advocating for this treatment happen to be doctors who are selling these very pharmaceuticals and vitamins and who don't seem to have any real clinical practice (they're not in hospitals seeing sick and dying patients.)

Could it be that if the discoveries made in 2012, 2014 and 2016 that zinc ionophores could irradicate all of the nuisance viral diseases was suppressed by the people who's multi $B vaccine businesses (and others) would be destroyed by a cheap OTC suppliment cure?

A cheap supplement that these people just happen to be selling?

I think the evidence is strongly against it.

Think about it this way -- If it was real, physicians and nurses and health care workers in New York City and other hard hit areas would be scrambling to get their hands on it. They're on the front lines. They've been dying from it.

If there was a cheap way to stop or slow it, these are the people who would be the first to start using it.

They've been told about all sorts of "magic pills" to keep them safe, and I don't doubt that some of them are taking vitamins, zinc, etc, in the hopes they don't get it. But there's no "aha" from the frontline workers about anything truly being effective (which means that in spite of these supplements, they're still getting sick and dying.)

If it was truly effective, they would be going back to the old practices and wouldn't be worrying about masks and gloves when treating patients.

So if there really is a cheap pill, information about it's going to come from medical teams who are working the hospitals in New York and other hard hit areas and it will be passed along (because doctors and nurses have friends and family members who are doctors and nurses.)

Check to see what the people in the hospitals are doing and recommending.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Another candidate in treatment for some of the symptoms of Covid-19

Tocilizumab for the Treatment of Severe COVID-19

So... what's going on with all the drugs? They are treatments for specific symptoms of Covid-19. Some of them are for the blood clots, some for the pneumonia, etc, etc. There isn't at this point one grand treatment for everything associated with this coronavirus.

This is from the May issue of Journal of Virology (so peer reviewed and approved) and the basic bottom line (to quote their summary) is: "Tocilizumab, an interleukin-6 inhibitor, may ameliorate the inflammatory manifestations associated with severe COVID-19 and thus improve clinical outcomes."

It's a small study of people with multiple health issues, and the drug appears to reduce the problems (including tissue swelling) caused by inflammation reactions of Covid-19.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   
And a small cluster of reports that blood thinners may help considerably (if you have been following medical reports, you know that blood clots have been a huge problem and have occasionally caused issues so severe that limbs have to be amputated.)

Thi s announcement is from the American College of Cardiology and involves over 2,000 patients

Mt. Sinai hospital put out a press release on that publication -- what's important here is that they published a fairly early report on the problems caused by blood clots and Covid-19 (stroke, heart attack, pulmonary embolism.)

So that daily dose of baby aspirin that's recommended for some folks is a doubly good idea.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Numbers Update for Europe, and Elsewhere (Still No BNO) :

www.worldometers.info...

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   
For the UK this is really concerning - more infections and deaths than Spain but way less tests. So likely these numbers will get even worse as we (hopefully) do more tests.

I have to say these last few days there is a real change in the movement of people from what I can see. The media here have really been pushing the 'end lockdown' narrative and that is clearly shifting people's mindset from staying home to just going about as normal.

The economy here is in real trouble as is much of the world and there isn't an easy way out of this. We need to restart the economy in order for life to go on but of course the risk with that (assuming you believe in the risk) is a second wave.

The Bank of England has forecast that the coronavirus crisis will push the UK economy into its deepest recession in 300 years, with output plunging almost 30 per cent in the first half of the year, but it decided not to launch a new stimulus.

In its monetary policy report, the central bank presented rough and ready predictions for the economy, suggesting that output would slip 3 per cent in the first quarter followed by a further 25 per cent fall in the second. This would mean an almost 30 per cent drop overall in the first half of 2020, the fastest and deepest recession since the “great frost” in 1709.

FT

I know some people on here hate discussing the economy but it is intrinsic to the life we live - without a functioning economy many people will plunge into poverty - people will default on their mortgages, key services will be cut, people will lose their jobs, livelihoods - it will cause so much pain beyond the virus. I'm not saying I have the answer, it's not a decision I would want to make - but I really do fear for the months and years ahead.

a reply to: MonkeyBalls2

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   
LOL i just read a report on that and just received some in the mail today.
I am waiting for my zinc though . but ti DID ship too.

i dont think i will take the zinc as a prophylactic, only if I feel sick?

a reply to: Oleman

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Would you mind explaining to me what Eastern Virginia Medical School is trying to sell?

Did you bother to read the "May 5th Update EVMS Critical Care COVID-19 Protocol" that I posted?

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

Can I suggest you asked your general practicianer doctor about that? You could research "zinc ionophores," but as many cases, these things interact with other medications. Since I have a brilliant and easy to talk to GP, I do not take anything extrodinary without consulting him first. He is always receptive to me sending him research papers for review and interpretation.

Even with something that seems as begnien as Vit-D, i do it under his supervision. Besides my negative CV19 IgG test, he also ordered a Vit-D alpha-hydo-calciferol-whatever test. That came back at 97uM/l which he says is perfect for weekly impulse therapy.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Oleman

Turns out quercetin actually helps the only rx I am on, and in a not terrible (strong) way, so I am good .but yes its always good to check. I told him all the supplements I take before this (2 months ago) and he said no worries

COVID update in my county in CO is we are opening up everything tomorrow, at least for curbside. Some dentists and hairdressers are open too.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Would you mind explaining to me what Eastern Virginia Medical School is trying to sell?

Did you bother to read the "May 5th Update EVMS Critical Care COVID-19 Protocol" that I posted?

You asked about Quercertin. I did a search of MedRxIv and on PubMed. There's no research on applying it to Covid-19, which suggests that it's been tried and wasn't effective. The ones pushing for that specific treatment (when I did a google search) were doctors that had vitamin/health clinics.

I did, in fact, read the EVMS document and then looked up the CV of the author (Marik) to make sure it was a real person and check what research they'd done before and what their expertise was. The CV seemed quite solid, and the Working Group that he's part of is quite credible -- BUT -- what puzzled and interested me is that others were not picking up his advice.

So... if you cruise Reddit for what doctors are saying, they aren't eager to toss a cocktail of 10 untested therapies on patients One new drug can cause weird things; if you toss 10 new things at a patient, who knows what works and what makes things worse?

Another MD (on the front lines) said "A positive recommendation for ~10 drugs for a new ICU admit, with scant if any evidence for any of them, is madness."

I checked other sources to see what they are recommending -- specifically protocols that others are picking up. I can see some consistent patterns, and they're all based around some of the research I've covered (and a lot of it that I eyeballed but didn't present here.)

Eastern Virginia Medical School seems to be the only place promoting this protocol, and their website says that it changes daily. That's not a fault; other protocols change frequently as well.

So... it's out, it's legit, but it's not making an impact. When I check for Covid-19 stats, the sites say that to date there's only been 17 cases of Covid-19 in Norfolk (where EVMS is) and nobody's died.

I think the other reason that it's not being picked up is because of one of the first lines in the document: " based on the best (and most recent) available literature including the Shanghai Management Guideline for COVID" Literature searches can be biased (accidentally, not deliberately.) Hospitals are basing their own documents on "what seems to be working in our hospital" and not so much on "someone said the literature says this." They would certainly be trying things from papers in the most desperate situations (vitamin C for sepsis, for instance) but they're not going to leap into a "ditch everything and try these 10 new things."

Too risky.

Anyway, I don't think it's going to make a huge splash. But it's not because of people trying to hide the documents or any other type of conspiracy.
edit on 7-5-2020 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Coronavirus survivors banned from joining the military.

www.militarytimes.com...
edit on 7-5-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 05:38 PM
link   
My point was that a lot of research in 2012-2016 found that zinc ionophores seem to severely retard the ability of RNA viruses to replicate in the cell cytoplasma. Since almost all of the nuisance respiratory and rhino viruses (incl CV19) are RNA viruses, shouldn't zinc ionophores inhibit all of them? There are other zinc ionophores besides Quercetin and HCQ.

If the viruses cant reproduce, it seems that that they would be feckless.

I forwarded a few older studies to my Primary Care Physician, and asked for his opinion about them at our appointment Tuesday. But, I would also enjoy hearing your insight into that.

It would be a crying shame if preventing so many viral diseases was quite simple, and that is being suppressed instead of promoted.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   

My point was that a lot of research in 2012-2016 found that zinc ionophores seem to severely retard the ability of RNA viruses to replicate in the cell cytoplasma. Since almost all of the nuisance respiratory and rhino viruses (incl CV19) are RNA viruses, shouldn't zinc ionophores inhibit all of them? There are other zinc ionophores besides Quercetin and HCQ.

If the viruses cant reproduce, it seems that that they would be feckless.

I forwarded a few older studies to my Primary Care Physician, and asked for his opinion about them at our appointment Tuesday. But, I would also enjoy hearing your insight into that.

It would be a crying shame if preventing so many viral diseases was quite simple, and that is being suppressed instead of promoted.

I am not a physician or medical researcher (not now, anyway)... but...

One of the main branches of research for Covid-19 is inhibitors. To date, Remdesivir seems to be the best candidate. If you'll recall, hydrochloroquine (another inhibitor) has been tried and found not as effective. There's a list of others that are also being/have been tried. A number of them like zinc work well in vitro (petri dish) or in animal studies.

The first burst of research (as you might remember from some papers I linked) has been involved with re purposing drugs that work for MERS, SARS, and similar viruses - the inhibitors, particularly (the current list of possibles is 18). That's 18 out of thousands and thousands that they looked at and dismissed for various reasons.

So that's where chlorquine (which is a zinc ionophore) comes into play -- that's why they call the combination of chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine, in combination with an antibiotic, a "Z-Pack."

Wikipedia's got a list of the current clinical trials

There's no doubt that it's good, useful, and healthy in suitable quantities. You're sensible enough to check with your physician first, and I applaud that (sounds like you've got a real gem of a doc!)

But there's only one (rather weak) paper that suggests areas with high levels of zinc in the water (Illinois is one such state) have a much lower incidence of Covid-19. Checking areas with the biggest Zinc smelteries also shows no real reduction of mortality rates.

If you wanted an OTC treatment with more support behind it, Vitamin D has taken the forefront there.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: all2human

www.militarytimes.com...

I would trust military decisions right now over any parliamentarian or 'regular' scientist. If the American military are invoking this, then it's worth a pause for thought....

Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 07:35 PM
link   

www.militarytimes.com...

That is seriously weird. But if TDawg is on the up and up the higher ups in the military know more about the virus than the public knows.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: pasiphae

www.militarytimes.com...

That is seriously weird. But if TDawg is on the up and up the higher ups in the military know more about the virus than the public knows.

Precisely!

Rainbows
Jane

(post by tanstaafl removed for a manners violation)

top topics

<< 81  82  83    85  86  87 >>

join