It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 6

page: 80
<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Thailand: only one new case yesterday. Now that the first wave is coming to an end, I thought it would be interesting to calculate the mortality rate so far based on resolved cases. Total cases 2,988, subtract active (unresolved) cases 187 leaves 2801 resolved with total deaths still 54.

54 as a percentage of 2,801 yields a mortality rate of 1.93% so nearly 2% Not particularly dangerous but I would still take reasonable precautions to avoid getting it.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
a reply to: blazinx

I don't understand why there has to be a 2nd wave.

I get it when you look back historically at the 1917 pandemic, but that was a radically different time.

I dont think there needs to be one..

then again, looking at the US and their protests.. its absolute insanty. they'll have dozens of waves

Of course there needs to be one , the fear must be kept up until November .

The Left needs to keep the American people in an absolutely desperate situation to take the election .

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: drussell41
I can no more demand a certain drug than you can demand all the dolphins leap from the sea.

With that attitude, you are correct. I didn't say it would be easy.

You have to understand...

a) they need your permission to treat you

b) the Right to Try law is a law - if they refuse to honor it, put them on notice that you will be filing a criminal complaint

c) call the D.A. - file a criminal complaint

d) refuse any other treatment... if you truly hit the proverbial brick wall, get the hell out of the hospital, and go to practitioner that will actually give you what will save your life, then pursue the criminal complaint

I could try, tanstaffl, but I'm telling you these people do not give a damn about your rights or your life. You're just an annoying number they have to deal with in order to make money.

And again - they cannot treat you without your permission. Don't give it.

Ever heard the saying 'the squeaky wheel gets the grease"? Be the squeaky wheel.

But you are correct that they will not respect our Rights unless we insist - nay, demand that they be respected.

Freedom ain't free.

What is your life worth? Or the life of your mother? Or father? Or child? Or other loved one?

Yes, be the squeaky wheel who complains like a Karen to speak to the manager of Covid! Tell them doctors who spent 10 years in college and countless time in their jobs that THEY ARE WRONG!!!! Your googling is much more correct than their lifetime of dedication to saving people! Yeehaw, and USA!

(Facepalm)

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Update from SC, USA. My 11-year-old daughter has it, so my 8-y-o son and I most likely have it too, as well as their father and step-mother and 9-y-o stepbrother. We’ve all stayed at home since February, except for every-two-weeks grocery shopping with masks and OCD hand washing. So yeah, reopen everything, the water’s fine! LET MY DAUGHTER PLAY WITH YOU AND YOUR KIDS, I DARE YOU. SERIOUSLY, I DARE YOU. I have zero effs to give now, all of y’all that keep posting that “this is BS, reopen the economy” are formally invited to my house to lick our doorknobs now. Please, I wish you would. I’ll PM you the details, come lick my doorknobs for my entire $1,200 stimulus check. I dare you.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: SoNotYabiz
Update from SC, USA. My 11-year-old daughter has it, so my 8-y-o son and I most likely have it too, as well as their father and step-mother and 9-y-o stepbrother. We’ve all stayed at home since February, except for every-two-weeks grocery shopping with masks and OCD hand washing. So yeah, reopen everything, the water’s fine! LET MY DAUGHTER PLAY WITH YOU AND YOUR KIDS, I DARE YOU. SERIOUSLY, I DARE YOU. I have zero effs to give now, all of y’all that keep posting that “this is BS, reopen the economy” are formally invited to my house to lick our doorknobs now. Please, I wish you would. I’ll PM you the details, come lick my doorknobs for my entire $1,200 stimulus check. I dare you.

Mate you need to calm down , I am sorry your family has been affected by this Virus I truly am, I don't know you but I will keep you in my prayers .

The CDC has recently admitted that this virus has been here for a long time and that many more Americans have had it than previously thought . Meaning the actual mortality rate of the Virus is likely much lower than previously thought.

It is completely treatable mate.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 01:02 AM
link   
oh my god it can now spread across species

Link

Or is someone contaminating the test kits ?

note a Goat and a pawpaw were confirmed as positive.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

Mate you need to calm down , I am sorry your family has been affected by this Virus I truly am, I don't know you but I will keep you in my prayers .

The CDC has recently admitted that this virus has been here for a long time and that many more Americans have had it than previously thought . Meaning the actual mortality rate of the Virus is likely much lower than previously thought.

It is completely treatable mate.

Oh, I hear you mate, it’s all good in the hood! When you and your children and your mum and wife and best friend get it, check back with me! Have no fears, kick back and have a spot of tea! When you’re checking every hour on your child in the middle of the night to make sure they’re breathing okay, and when they wake up delirious from the fever and crying that “everything hurts” just remind yourself that the mortality rate is much lower than previously thought, mate! It’s completely treatable with zero approved medications, mate! Cheeri-o!

/sarcasm

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Sorry to hear of your predicament and wish you and yours well for timely recovery.

Question:

Who went to do the grocery shopping?
And did you sanitize the item packaging upon returning home?
Did your daughter go for groceries with you? Or mix with neighbors or friends?
Who handled the post?
Did the post envelopes get thrown away and were hands washed after handling the post?

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 02:56 AM
link   
That is truly scary as how will you ever recover fully? The implications of it laying dormant are massive.
We have already seen reports of the virus possibly reactivating in patients. But there seems to be no conclusive agreement on whether it is reactivation or reinfection or even faulty test kits.

Also I wonder how many times patients are tested for the virus when leaving hospital and so on. I haven't heard what the policy is on testing in order to leave hospital - at least in the UK. Tests seem to be in short supply.

coronavirus.medium.com...

However, this latest data from the KCDC has thrown a new theory into the mix - that the virus can become dormant and, later, reactivate itself.

While our immune system is able to clear most pathogens, there are, indeed, some that lie dormant - "hidden" in our cells, not causing any illness.

The mechanism of reactivation occurs when that pathogen comes out of its sleeping phase and becomes active again, potentially replicating and spreading, causing illness.

There are quite a few viruses that behave like this. For example, a very common one is varicella-zoster, which is the virus responsible for chickenpox.

Source

But coronaviruses like those that cause SARS, COVID-19, and MERS don’t have a dormant phase, and they don’t integrate into our DNA, making a reactivation unlikely.

“Human coronaviruses have not yet been shown to have anything like an inactive phase, so the idea of reactivation is a bit of a stretch,” Neuman said.

Source
a reply to: tennisdawg

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 03:11 AM
link   
thehill.com...

More than half of the workforce at a Tyson Foods pork processing plant in Perry, Iowa, has tested positive for COVID-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus.

The Iowa Department of Public Health reported on Tuesday that a total of 730 workers at the plant had contracted the virus, representing 58 percent of its staff, according to local news reports. The department also noted that more than 1,600 workers at four meatpacking plants across the state had suffered infections.

The figures included test results from three separate Tyson meat plants. Outside of Perry, 444 employees at a plant in Waterloo reportedly tested positive for COVID-19. Roughly 220 workers at a Columbus Junction plant, or 26 percent of its staff, tested positive for the virus.

There's something really odd going on with meat processing plants. Why are they being hit similar to aged care homes?

Is there any chance the meat is infected? could that explain why the USA's numbers are so consistently high even after lockdown?

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

There's something really odd going on with meat processing plants. Why are they being hit similar to aged care homes?

Its possible I guess, however its far more likely social distancing was not taken seriously, the people in the U.S are really going to get nailed by this virus, far too many still believe it to be a hoax and that will be their Achilles heal.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 03:19 AM
link   

I am so sorry to hear that this happened despite all the precautions you took! It's appalling. It had to have been the grocery store, I'm guessing? I really hope you all get over it soon and completely, without any lingering effects.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Its possible I guess, however its far more likely social distancing was not taken seriously, the people in the U.S are really going to get nailed by this virus, far too many still believe it to be a hoax and that will be their Achilles heal.

I'm amazed at how many are blowing it off. I think we'll see shortly who's correct on the seriousness of social distancing based on whether or not it blows up as more and more head to the beach, etc.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

Sorry to hear of your predicament and wish you and yours well for timely recovery.

Question:

Who went to do the grocery shopping?
And did you sanitize the item packaging upon returning home?
Did your daughter go for groceries with you? Or mix with neighbors or friends?
Who handled the post?
Did the post envelopes get thrown away and were hands washed after handling the post?

I did the groceries at my house, their stepmom did it for her house.
Everything that wasn’t frozen was washed or lysoled.
No one has been out of the house except for groceries (we all work from home since Feb)
Mail has gone straight to the trash unless it’s the one-off from relatives for birthdays and such (we get emailed all of the bills and such anyways)
Purell is used more than toilet paper in our houses.
Previous to 2020, I was a “5-second-rule” kind of parent, in that I wasn’t a stickler for hand washing and denying the chance for their immune systems to get a work-out. I let them have flus and colds and don’t run to the doc for antibiotics unless they have sore throats (I don’t mess around with Strep, obviously).
I honestly have the George Carlin mindset about immune systems (“Polio never had a chance; we were tempered in RAW S#|T!” Lol)
But I took this seriously from earlier on, mostly because of this thread. Yet now, I have plenty of toilet paper but still a child with covid. Maybe two. Maybe me too.

Let’s just all stop and think about which beloved family member we’re willing to volunteer as tribute to this virus in exchange for a good economy, is my only point. My state reopened bars and restaurants for business yesterday. Our numbers are rising, but we’re open again. Sigh.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 03:27 AM
link   

but its not the first meat processing plant to get hit hard...

whats the odds on that? out of all the business with lax 'social distancing' why are meat packing plants and aged care homes the ones hit..

its not sitting right

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 03:29 AM
link   

has extensive testing been done on chickens, cows, sheep etc to see if they can catch the virus?

we know tigers, cats and ferrets can...
edit on 6/5/20 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 03:55 AM
link   

whats the odds on that? out of all the business with lax 'social distancing' why are meat packing plants and aged care homes the ones hit..

its not sitting right

I would love to see a breakdown of the income brackets of all covid patients; I’m willing to bet it disproportionately affects lower incomes the most because
1)Average working conditions (close quarters, no ability to work from home, etc)
2)No paid sick leave (go in to work and unknowingly spread covid because you need to make rent in a week, etc)
3)Unaffordable health care (“it’s just a mild flu, no reason to get tested, I’ll take a DayQuil and man-up” etc)

Put those together with cramped buildings full of poor workers/patients and what do you get? [to the tune of the “Mr Ed” theme song] “A breaaaakdown of society!”

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 04:08 AM
link   

thehill.com...

More than half of the workforce at a Tyson Foods pork processing plant in Perry, Iowa, has tested positive for COVID-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus.

The Iowa Department of Public Health reported on Tuesday that a total of 730 workers at the plant had contracted the virus, representing 58 percent of its staff, according to local news reports. The department also noted that more than 1,600 workers at four meatpacking plants across the state had suffered infections.

The figures included test results from three separate Tyson meat plants. Outside of Perry, 444 employees at a plant in Waterloo reportedly tested positive for COVID-19. Roughly 220 workers at a Columbus Junction plant, or 26 percent of its staff, tested positive for the virus.

Is there any chance the meat is infected? could that explain why the USA's numbers are so consistently high even after lockdown?

Turns insta vegan

I jest, but I didn't enjoy reading that 😐
👍🏻
edit on 6-5-2020 by FinallyAwake because: My thumb is dumb

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 04:45 AM
link   

its not sitting right

This whole thing is mighty weird and only getting weirder by the day, its a scary prospect this virus infecting the food supply.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: tennisdawg

originally posted by: cirrus12

Vaccines will not work. I repeat.... Vaccines will not work. The only thing we can do is a repeating pattern of social distancing, opening back up slowly, shutting down again, social distancing, opening back up slowly, shutting down, etc.

How long can that feasibly go on for? What is the plan after that? Clearly a vaccine is highly unlikely due to the type of virus this is.

Also, there has been a ramping up in the media about the virus originating in the lab, it's discussed more in the mainstream. Relations with China are cooling.
Where do you see this going? Do you still stand by your original posts in previous threads?
Also good to see you back on here!

a reply to: tennisdawg

The strategy that I have described will have to go on until the 3 cycles (minimum) have made their way through the world. In all likelihood, this would be 1.5 years - 2 years. I cannot believe this has become such a politically divided issue. I am stunned at the level of misinformation out there. I am bewildered that the "economy" is more valuable than human lives. I feel like an alien in this world right now.

I'm not sure how you are bewildered by millions of people being concerned about the economy.
Great, we'll all live but we'll all be out of jobs, lose our homes and die anyway from secondary causes. How is that better?

How do you propose paying for everyone staying home for 18 to 24 months and having them not get infected by the millions of "essential" workers still needed? It sounds like you're still getting paid and could care less about the "economy" of those who aren't.

top topics

<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join