It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 6

page: 83
<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: puzzled2
note a Goat and a pawpaw were confirmed as positive.

So, whose bright idea was it to test a goat and a pawpaw?

Even more important question... what the frack is a pawpaw?

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Thanks Byrd for answering me question re strict lock down people being able to
hang out...some what.

Here is info re disinfecting N95 mask for reuse...he invented the material...
masks can be treated in hot air at 70°C for 30 minutes, and this process can be repeated multiple times without a noticeable loss in FE. But be sure to suspend the masks in the hot air without contacting or nearing a metal surface. The respirator can be hung in the oven using a wood or a plastic clip on the edge of a non-breathing zone or put on a wood grill at least 6” away from any metal surface.

Source utrf.tennessee.edu...

Cheers
Ektar

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: puzzled2
oh my god it can now spread across species

Link

Or is someone contaminating the test kits ?

note a Goat and a pawpaw were confirmed as positive.

No.

The government there suspected that the lab wasn't doing tests or was using flawed tests. So they sent through all kinds of samples (identified as human beings) to test. While they couldn't guarantee that a human did NOT have the antibodies, they certainly could guarantee that bananas can't catch it... and so banana swabs or pawpaw swabs shouldn't come back positive for the virus.

An elegant and simple test.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ektar
Thanks Byrd for answering me question re strict lock down people being able to
hang out...some what.

Here is info re disinfecting N95 mask for reuse...he invented the material...
masks can be treated in hot air at 70°C for 30 minutes, and this process can be repeated multiple times without a noticeable loss in FE. But be sure to suspend the masks in the hot air without contacting or nearing a metal surface. The respirator can be hung in the oven using a wood or a plastic clip on the edge of a non-breathing zone or put on a wood grill at least 6” away from any metal surface.

Source utrf.tennessee.edu...

Cheers
Ektar

Good info, and thanks.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: cirrus12
a reply to: tanstaafl
You don't have to be so rude on here. You're not the only one on here with an opinion or thoughts on this subject. If you don't like what you see, you don't have to respond. Go and scream into a paper bag, you sound like you need it!

No, what I need is to not be forced to breathe into a mask whenever I go anywhere.

Sorry for being rude, but it is hard not to react that way to the incredible ignorance currently on display.
edit on 6-5-2020 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrRCflying
A bit of local news:

A person in my county has fallen ill a second time, after recovering. I am not sure if they ever tested negative or not, but seemed to have recovered, then began feeling ill again. Upon re-testing it came back positive.

And how many of these are false positives, or just 'assumed'...

Ridiculous.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   
The goat and pawpaw (a fruit) thing was because the test were thought to be inaccurate so they tested a goat and a pawpaw and gave them names as if they were human to see what the results would be. Clearly the tests they have are NOT accurate

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Oleman

"The CDC added that unlike other viruses, such as HIV and chickenpox - which can break into the nucleus of human cells and stay latent for years before reactivating - the coronavirus stays outside of the host cell's nucleus.

"This means it does not cause chronic infection or recurrence," explained r Oh Myoung-don, the head of the CDC committee, meaning it is unlikely for patients to relapse in this fashion."

But, they forgot to compare it to oral / genital herpesvirus infection ( HSV-1 and HSV-2).

I would be more convinced it cannot lie dormant or reinfect if they had also made those comparisons. Chicken pox (varicella) is close, but no cigar, IMHO.

I remain unconvinced that it cannot lie dormant within a host to reinfect from within host cells at a later time. Absence of proof does not equal proof to me. It is too early for these researchers / press reporters to make such claims.

It might make one wonder: what is the true agenda of their article?

edit on 6-5-2020 by Fowlerstoad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   
One new cases in Aotearoa/New Zealand today. Total deaths at 21.
Kia kaha world.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: cirrus12
a reply to: tanstaafl
You don't have to be so rude on here. You're not the only one on here with an opinion or thoughts on this subject. If you don't like what you see, you don't have to respond. Go and scream into a paper bag, you sound like you need it!

Sorry for being rude, but it is hard not to react that way to the incredible ignorance currently on display.

So, instead of saying “sorry” and actually meaning it (as in “I’ll do better to be civil and constructive instead of rude in the future”) your immediate follow-up is “BUT it’s hard for me to act like an adult, so my rude behavior is actually your fault and you can expect a lot more of it in the future”.

Cool cool cool.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 01:21 AM
link   
www.axios.com...

A growing number of reports indicate Chinese officials pushed their counterparts in Europe to make positive statements about China in order to receive shipments of medical supplies to fight the novel coronavirus.

Why it matters: The revelations further taint Beijing's attempts to portray itself as a responsible and trustworthy leader in global public health.

Context: Over the past two months, numerous high-ranking government officials from countries fighting coronavirus outbreaks have offered seemingly effusive praise to China for its assistance.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 04:02 AM
link   
If many medical doctors view quercetin as a better treatment that hydroxychloroquine, why is there almost zero reference to it or discussion about it? You can buy it right now on Amazon for $24/120 800mg tablets. And that is high compared to last year.

DNA viruses include the pox, herpes and hepatitis. Not much else. They infect your cell nucleus. Almost all the RNA viruses (rhinovisuses, colds, influenzas, coronaviruses, ebola) are RNA viruses that reproduce int your cell's cytoplasma. Beacause of this, zinc ionophores are devistating to them; prevent them from reproducing.

Could it be that if the discoveries made in 2012, 2014 and 2016 that zinc ionophores could irradicate all of the nuisance viral diseases was suppressed by the people who's multi $B vaccine businesses (and others) would be destroyed by a cheap OTC suppliment cure?

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oleman
May 5th Update Eastern Virginia Medical School Critical Care COVID-19 Protocol developed by Dr. Paul Marik, MD (link to PDF)

tl;dr: Pre-ICU Quercetin, Zinc, Vit-C, Vit-D, O2.
Post-ICU: IV-Vit-C, Methylprednisolone, Heparin.
Very detailed discussion of treatment phases.

Thanks for posting this!

It’s great to have something us simple folk can actually do to help our selves. However I’ve a question about the Zinc dose here:

Prophylaxis

While there is very limited data (and none specific for COVID-19), the following “cocktail” may have a role in the prevention/mitigation of COVID-19 disease. While there is no high-level evidence that this cocktail is effective; it is cheap, safe and widely available.
• Vitamin C 500 mg BID and Quercetin 250-500 mg BID
Zinc 75-100 mg/day (acetate, gluconate or picolinate). Zinc lozenges are preferred. After 1 month, reduce the dose to 30-50 mg/day.
• Melatonin (slow release): Begin with 0.3mg and increase as tolerated to 2 mg at night
• Vitamin D3 1000-4000 u/day

As a Prophylaxis this is what he’s recommending we take indefinitely to help prevent or mitigate symptoms should we get infected. But his recommended dose is much higher than the officially max recommended dose of 25mg p/day:

What happens if I take too much zinc?
Taking high doses of zinc reduces the amount of copper the body can absorb. This can lead to anaemia and weakening of the bones.
What does the Department of Health advise?
If you take zinc supplements, don't take too much as this could be harmful. Don't take more than 25mg of zinc supplements a day unless advised to by a doctor.
www.nhs.uk...

If we’re taking 75-100mg p/day for the extended period that Covid 19 is a threat - probably in excess of a year - could this much Zinc have serious detrimental effects?

I’m guessing it’s a trade off, but want to know what the learned folk here think!?!

One last thing, I was advised here that zinc Orotate is the best form to take in concert with Quercetin. However Doc Marik is advising acetate, gluconate or picolinate; basically everything but orotate!

I’d really appreciate any of your views on this. Thanks!

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: McGinty

I am not a doctor. (Worse, engineer!) And I havent stayed in a Holiday Inn for a decade. But, I have been following CV19 Update since post #1.

I agree, the zinc level seems high to me. So, wife and I take 800mg Quercetin and 50mg zinc every other day. It is pretty easy to overdose zinc, and 75mg/day seems like it would build up to minor symptomatic levels in a week or two.

That said, they are focused on clinical cases: people severe enough to check into a hospital. So, I can understand heavy dosing them initially to get past a pre-existing zinc deficiency.

Personally, I believe that doing a weekly 100,000 iu Vit-D3 impulse is much more important than the Q+Z, but like I said, I am an engineer, not a doctor. YMMV.

P.S. my antibody test came back negative today. Ahem!

ETA: gluconate vs. oranate: my take is the oranate manufacture hypes their product, and gluconate is equally effective, but much cheaper. If you redo my research, I suspect you will come to the same conclusion.
edit on 7-5-2020 by Oleman because: ETA

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Sounds reasonable to me, if your taking a zinc supplement for a few weeks , the zinc levels in the cells have to increase and not require an ionosphere to carry it across the cell wall, because it would already be there.
Theirs always more than one ways of killing a cat, were just a bit dumb on the uptake.
edit on 7-5-2020 by anonentity because: addd

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
[...]
What people that are going to the beaches and enjoying the fun under the sun, well, in about 30 to 42 days, the hospitals once again will see death. And I'm going to say that is a fact.

They should fill out a form before entering the hospital: Have you been social distancing? If no: Please go home, good luck.

We would save the world lots of problems.

An a good note though: Germany seems to have the numbers under control and we are slowly easing lockdown.
Let's see for how long....

They have a made a timetable to normality, I wonder when they will have to pull the brakes again.
It's difficult to balance: easing the lockdown just enough to allow the virus to spread without overfilling the hospitals.
Tough call.

Stay Safe,
Sam

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Happy to hear you’re in the clear. Best wishes for it to stay that way. And I assure you that being an engineer makes you far more qualified to analyse and give advice than myself or any of my colleagues in the media.

Thanks for the clarifying - will stick to lower doses of zinc unless I show symptoms. Regarding the glauconate/oroatate question... I’d done a little research and read that picolinate was best, so I’ve been on 22mg of that p/day. Then I was told about orotate so I got that (only 10mg as I thought 22 might be OD). Guess I’ll burn through those, then get glaucinate.

Thanks for your insight!

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aldolas
They should fill out a form before entering the hospital: Have you been social distancing? If no: Please go home, good luck.

We would save the world lots of problems.
So, if people cannot prove - or at least are willing to lie about it - that they have been living their lives wrapped in plastic bubble wrap, they are not allowed to be treated at a hospital?

What if all they have is a broken bone or were in a car wreck?

top topics

<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join