It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 6

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyBalls2
The PCR tests

Why are you even discussing PCR tests, since they are not to be used for diagnostic purposes???

Anyone relying on these for diagnostic purposes is relying on faulty data.
edit on 24-4-2020 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-4-2020 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: DavidMK
ONS figures for the week ending 10th April released in UK today. These show deaths for the week of 18K which is 8K above the 5 yearly average. Sobering numbers and pretty clear this is not just ‘normal’ deaths reclassified as COVID.

So, I wonder how many of those are people who took their own lives due to the stupid lock-downs, or otherwise died that would not have died if not for the stupid lock-downs?

Maybe some of them walked off a cliff in their insistence that topography should not be limiting their freedom.

edit on 24-4-2020 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
IDK what to do or how to help but am just very discouraged and beside myself right now...

I know exactly what to do...

Stop the madness. End the lock-downs - totally.

Do whatever you can to accomplish this, including telling local politicians and law enforcement to pound sand if they try to prevent you from opening up and running your business.

In other words - stop being a good little sheep, and let tptb know you're done.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Zinc ions (Zn2+) exhibit antimicrobial activity against various bacterial and fungal strains.
They even use it on roofs to reduce discoloring.
I'm experimenting with sacrificial zinc in my window AC units to counter the corrosive effects of bleach on the cooling vanes.
Might extend the life of the units several years.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   
heard on the radio today that at 70 degrees and 20% humidity the virus has a life of about 30 mins, and in direct sunlight about 60 seconds. (outside the human body obviously)

Which seems to lend a little credence to the people saying lets get back to work, simple steps taken should be enough to safeguard all but the most at risk I would think.

ETA: As well as proper hygiene I would say.
edit on 24-4-2020 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd
No, they'd make a ton of cash with chloroquine.

Studiously still totally ignoring the fact that it isn't the chloraquine that is effective?

Amazing...

Listen up buttercup...

It is the Zinc.

Now, try again...

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: pasiphae
a reply to: Arbitrageur
I don't think much of anything will work when people are at the almost dead state. You can't bring organs back once they start breaking down.

You would be wrong:

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: McGinty
Maybe some of them walked off a cliff in their insistence that topography should not be limiting their freedom.

Joking about people dying from the lock-downs...

Nice...

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Guardian Article about the " Hunt for a Coronavirus Vaccine. "

The stakes could hardly be higher; the prize still tantalisingly out of reach. It is no exaggeration to say that the fate of many millions of people rests on the discovery of a vaccine for Covid-19 – the only sure escape route from the pandemic.

Yet the optimism that accompanied the launch of Oxford University’s human trials this week has to be put in context, and the hurdles facing the scientists need to be understood.

The vaccine hunters are trying to outwit an invisible enemy so small that a million viral particles could fit inside a human cell, but whose biological ingenuity has brought everyday life to a standstill.

So what is the path to success?

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Studiously still totally ignoring the fact that it isn't the chloraquine that is effective?

Amazing...

Listen up buttercup...

It is the Zinc.

Now, try again...

If the goal, like Byrd said, is to make a "ton of cash", the effectiveness of any supplement in conjunction is secondary

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyBalls2
The PCR tests

Why are you even discussing PCR tests, since they are not to be used for diagnostic purposes???

Anyone relying on these for diagnostic purposes is relying on faulty data.

Really ?

I suppose you have links and data to back up that spurious claim ?

PCR tests are used to find out if you currently have the virus, unless you can point out the 'other' tests that do this ?

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   
As some would say OOOOOP
How about a little bit off inconvenient truth

twitter.com...

twitter.com...

edit on 24-4-2020 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Joking about people dying from the lock-downs...

Nice...

Purely observational.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   

In order to kill viruses/microorganisms in the air, you need a minimum of 15 minutes to an hour exposure at low doses.

Someone tried it while standing in the room

The sunburn lasted for quite awhile.

If you bring people into a sterile room, it becomes non-sterile. You have to sterilize the humans and their clothing (as in an operating room.)

Here is another study to consider. It’s by Colombia University on a safe use of UV light to prevent the spread of viruses
Using the Power of Light: Preventing the Airborne Spread of Coronavirus and Influenza Virus

-It's well known that conventional germicidal ultraviolet (UV) light reduces the person to person transmission of viruses through the air, by killing the viruses while they are in the air. Unfortunately conventional germicidal UV light is a safety hazard, as it causes skin cancer and and eye problems.

-What we have come up up with is a particular type of UV light ("far-UVC" light with a wavelength around 220 nm) which has only a very short range in biological material, so that it cannot penetrate the dead-cell layer at the surface of our skin, nor can it penetrate into our eyes. So it can't reach or damage any living cells in our body.

-But it can penetrate and kill viruses floating in the air, simply because viruses are incredibly small.

In short, exposure to far-UVC light is safe for people, but potentially lethal for viruses in the air.

Preventing the spread is key now. Especially with Fall and Flu season approaching.

The big picture idea is that these lamps could be incorporated into conventional light fittings so that they would be very easy to install in public spaces such as airports, trains stations, airplanes, etc. To us it looks like one of the very few approaches that has the potential to prevent the spread of coronavirus, as opposed to curing it.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Numbers from around the world are taken from Worldometers for April 24th.
Note, France has stated they over counted confirmed positive cases, so their count today is less than yesterday’s Positive tests.

Spain - Pop: 44.6 M
219,764 Positive tests…….. or 1 out of 212 Spaniards
10.24% Deaths

Italy - Pop: 60.4 M
192.994 Positive tests….. or 1 out of 313 Italians
13.45 % Deaths

France – Pop: 67.0 M
158,183 Positive tests….. or 1 out of 423 French
13.81 % Deaths

UK – Pop: 66.6 M
143,464 Positive tests….. or 1 out of 465 UKers
13.59 % Deaths

Sweden – Pop: 10.2 M
17,567 Positive tests….. or 1 out of 582 Swedes
12.25 % Deaths

Denmark – Pop: 5.8 M
8,210 Positive tests….. or 1 out of 706 Danes
4.90 % Deaths

US - Pop: 330 M
894,034 Positive tests.... or 1 out of 369 Americans
5.69% Deaths

US death rates (2017):
1. Heart Disease …………….…………647,457 annual or 1,773 daily average
2. Cancer ……………………..……….….599,108 annual or 1,641 daily average
3. Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936 annual or 465 daily average
8. Influenza and Pneumonia …………55,562 annual or 152 daily average

COVID-19 ……………………………………….50,919 (55 Day) or 925 daily average

*** SURPASSED *****

9. Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis:..50,633 annual or 138 daily average
10. Intentional self-harm (suicide):..47,173 annual or 129 daily average
X. Auto accidents ………………….………37,461 annual or 102 daily average
X. H1N1 2009 ESTIMATED (8,868 – 18,638) for 1 year or 24 – 50 daily average

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Purely observational.

Purely BS.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Amazing...

Listen up buttercup...

It is the Zinc.

Now, try again...

I am taking quercitin with my zinc now.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   
For anyone who has been keeping up with the data, in it's raw form, I wonder if they've come across something like this. It doesn't seem realistic or even reasonable to me

Full Size

How could hospitalizations have not increased since April 19th?

ETA: Sorry I didn't mention this is for NY only
edit on 24-4-2020 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Amazing...

Listen up buttercup...

It is the Zinc.

Now, try again...

Okay... pony up. I'd like to see a link to medical papers or research saying that the zinc combination is effective. My googling says it's ongoing in Turkey but there's no results yet

Not Youtube. Not the email that pathologist James Robb sent to his family. Not a note from a doctor. Not a news story or a tweet. None of that gives any idea of rigor, testing, and truth.

Could you link to a real medical paper that says zinc+HQC has been studied even in a small group and that it was effective enough to warrant further investigation? And not papers on zinc. Because all I find is a shared email from a pathologist that said zinc might help (but not Zinc+HQC) and some report on a doctor (later disputed by his patients) that said it was great and that he wrote to Trump about it.

So how about it? Link to paper, please.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Amazing...

Listen up buttercup...

It is the Zinc.

Now, try again...

Okay... pony up. I'd like to see a link to medical papers or research saying that the zinc combination is effective. My googling says it's ongoing in Turkey but there's no results yet

Not Youtube. Not the email that pathologist James Robb sent to his family. Not a note from a doctor. Not a news story or a tweet. None of that gives any idea of rigor, testing, and truth.

Could you link to a real medical paper that says zinc+HQC has been studied even in a small group and that it was effective enough to warrant further investigation? And not papers on zinc. Because all I find is a shared email from a pathologist that said zinc might help (but not Zinc+HQC) and some report on a doctor (later disputed by his patients) that said it was great and that he wrote to Trump about it.

So how about it? Link to paper, please.

You won't get it. I have asked for proof of things he said in the past, all he does is attack you for not "knowing" what he knows.

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join