It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 6

page: 57
<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 12:37 AM
link   
great data centric report

Reporting the figures only from MSM and the difference between smart distance - v - Lock down

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Update Apr.24/20
Wuhan Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) Global Cases (by JHU CSSE)

gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com...#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Canada *** Total= 43,299 ***
22,616-Quebec, 14,550-Ontario, 4,017-Alberta, 1,853-British Columbia,
850-Nova Scotia, 341-Saskatchewan, 263-Manitoba, 118-New Brunswick,
256-Newfoundland & Labrador, 26-Prince Edward Island,
5-Northwest Territories, 11-Yukon, 13-Grand Princess,

coronavirus.1point3acres.com... USA & Canada Updates

www.worldometers.info...

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Thought this was a pretty interesting suggestion for new avenues of treatment to investigate.

Therefore, acute respiratory distress in Covid-19 can be partially explained by brainstem dysfunction, suggesting the needs of more specific and aggressive treatments with the direct participation of neurologists and neurointensivists.

Hence, in patients complaining Covid-19 admitted in ICUs due to acute respiratory failure, a brain complication should be considered for protocol treatments.
researchgate.net

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: DavidMK
ONS figures for the week ending 10th April released in UK today. These show deaths for the week of 18K which is 8K above the 5 yearly average. Sobering numbers and pretty clear this is not just ‘normal’ deaths reclassified as COVID.
So, I wonder how many of those are people who took their own lives due to the stupid lock-downs, or otherwise died that would not have died if not for the stupid lock-downs?

originally posted by: McGinty

originally posted by: DavidMK
ONS figures for the week ending 10th April released in UK today. These show deaths for the week of 18K which is 8K above the 5 yearly average. Sobering numbers and pretty clear this is not just ‘normal’ deaths reclassified as COVID.

So, I wonder how many of those are people who took their own lives due to the stupid lock-downs, or otherwise died that would not have died if not for the stupid lock-downs?
Maybe some of them walked off a cliff in their insistence that topography should not be limiting their freedom.

Maybe some of them walked off a cliff in their insistence that topography should not be limiting their freedom.
Joking about people dying from the lock-downs...
Nice...

Joking about people dying from the lock-downs...
Nice...
Purely observational.

Purely observational.
Purely BS.

If you value human life so highly then why are you promoting that we ignore the science and the lockdown and risk getting infected?

Perhaps my metaphor irked you, but seeing as you’re willing to gamble hundreds of thousands of lives your sudden flip to caring about lives doesn’t ring true. What rings true is that it exposed your BS rationale and that angered you.

If you care so much about those that sadly die due to the lockdown then I suggest you start a thread about helping those people, instead of posting your call to ignore the science and potentially get infected, which would lead to a far greater death toll than those succumbing to the lockdown.

Sure this pandemic will be weaponised by the unscrupulous and used to control us long after the virus has gone. But the notion that the virus doesn’t exist is far more dangerous to life than my dodgy metaphors.

edit on 25-4-2020 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: primalfractal

Good find! I barely understood 50% of that. Sounds like it Won’t be easy to identify brain infection in an ICU patient, according to what I could humbly glean from that paper.

But it will be interesting to see what treatments they come up with for those they can identify and whether that helps the body kill the virus, or just manages the damage.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 08:53 AM
link   

If you value human life so highly

I value liberty and freedom above all else...

then why are you promoting that we ignore the science and the lockdown and risk getting infected?

What science? There is no science behind these stupid lock-downs. It is all guess-work at best, and very poor guess work at that. Look at Sweden. They didn't engage in this nonsense, and their CFR is about the same...

but seeing as you’re willing to gamble hundreds of thousands of lives

I am not gambling, I am living in the real world. You are the one willing to gamble millions of lives - the lives being lost and devastation being wrought by this stupid lock-down - because of your irrational fear of something that is a natural part of our lives and world.

your sudden flip to caring about lives doesn’t ring true. What rings true is that it exposed your BS rationale and that angered you.

Angered? I'm way past angered, but not at your silly BS. I'm angered by the relentless, irrational fear-mongering that you and your ilk are constantly engaging in that is close to costing me my livelihood, my marriage, and my kids futures.

If you care so much about those that sadly die due to the lockdown then I suggest you start a thread about helping those people, instead of posting your call to ignore the science and potentially get infected, which would lead to a far greater death toll than those succumbing to the lockdown.

That is pure speculation that is totally unsupported by scientific fact.

One more time...

We all - each and every one of us - have literally trillions and trillions of viruses living inside us all the time. It is a fact of life that neither you or I can escape - EVER.

Sure this pandemic will be weaponised by the unscrupulous and used to control us long after the virus has gone. But the notion that the virus doesn’t exist is far more dangerous to life than my dodgy metaphors.

Why do people like you continue to spew nonsense? Neither I nor anyone else has ever - ever - said the virus 'doesn't exist'. We've said that it isn't something to be afraid of, and certainly isn't something worth destroying our economy - our very lives - over.

You and your ilk believe that we should all commit suicide in order to keep from 'catching a virus' that most people won't even know they had.

Since this isn't the mud pit, I'll let you guess as to what my last/final parting shot would be to such an evil - yes, I said evil - mind set.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyBalls2
I suppose you have links and data to back up that spurious claim ?

PCR tests are used to find out if you currently have the virus, unless you can point out the 'other' tests that do this?

My understanding - and I saw the quote - is that the actual creator of the PCR test said this.

So, I guess I could be wrong, but don't think so.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrRCflying
You won't get it. I have asked for proof of things he said in the past, all he does is attack you for not "knowing" what he knows.

I have provided tons of links to tons of studies for Zinc, vitamin C, etc.

All you do is pretend I didn't, and attack me for daring to challenge your drug religion.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Well, you have to admit, liberty and freedom are pretty valueless if one isn't alive to appreciate either.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: McGinty

I was also wondering about long term neurological effects.

Some people never fully recover, says Michael Rodricks, medical director of Somerset’s intensive-care unit. And those who do often must relearn basic skills such as walking, talking and swallowing.

a condition known as Post-ICU syndrome that can afflict as many as half of Covid-19 patients who survive on a ventilator, says the Cleveland Clinic’s Khouli. "These patients become deconditioned,’’ he says. “Some behave like they are really paralyzed, as if they are quadriplegics. They can barely move their muscles.’’
www.bloomberg.com...

Can't find mention of Post-Icu syndrome being that severe.

At that point I thought I'd better check there wasn't going to be zombies.

Only one previous study has looked at coronaviruses and psychotic symptoms later in life. In 2011, Severance and her colleagues did a study on four kinds of coronaviruses (coronaviruses are a large family of viruses, and they chose four previously known ones). They found adults with schizophrenia had higher exposure rates—they found more antibodies to the coronaviruses in that group than in people without schizophrenia

vice.com

We found that a recent onset of psychotic symptoms was significantly associated with coronavirus exposure 
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

edit on 25-4-2020 by primalfractal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Numbers from around the world are taken from Worldometers for April 25th.

Spain - Pop: 44.6 M
223,759 Positive tests…….. or 1 out of 209 Spaniards
10.23% Deaths

Italy - Pop: 60.4 M
195,351 Positive tests….. or 1 out of 310 Italians
13.50 % Deaths

France – Pop: 67.0 M
159,828 Positive tests….. or 1 out of 419 French
13.91 % Deaths

UK – Pop: 66.6 M
148,377 Positive tests….. or 1 out of 449 UKers
13.69 % Deaths

Sweden – Pop: 10.2 M
18,177 Positive tests….. or 1 out of 563 Swedes
12.05 % Deaths

Denmark – Pop: 5.8 M
8,445 Positive tests….. or 1 out of 687 Danes
4.94 % Deaths

US - Pop: 330 M
929,841 Positive tests.... or 1 out of 355 Americans
5.68% Deaths

US death rates (2017):
1. Heart Disease …………….…………647,457 annual or 1,773 daily average
2. Cancer ……………………..……….….599,108 annual or 1,641 daily average
3. Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936 annual or 465 daily average
7. Diabetes:………………………………….83,564 annual or 228 daily average
8. Influenza and Pneumonia …………55,562 annual or 152 daily average

COVID-19 ………………………………………. 52,843 (56 Day) or 943 daily average

*** SURPASSED *****

9. Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis:..50,633 annual or 138 daily average
10. Intentional self-harm (suicide):..47,173 annual or 129 daily average
X. Auto accidents ………………….………37,461 annual or 102 daily average
X. H1N1 2009 ESTIMATED (8,868 – 18,638) for 1 year or 24 – 50 daily average

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   

May or may not be connected to this, but there's been a number of incidents with people attempting to spread the virus. Mainland Europe a guy was filmed on an underground train removing his mask to lick the hand rail. In recent days in the uk a man licked the face of a woman in a local grocery store. I'm guessing there's been others like this.

Of course many, perhaps all could be attributed to people that were already psychotic, or deranged in some way before the virus. But i do wonder if the virus itself is causing this; influencing folk to spread it, a little like 'zombie ants':

The Ophiocordyceps unilateralis fungus has just one goal: self-propagation and dispersal. Researchers think the fungus, found in tropical forests, infects a foraging ant through spores that attach and penetrate the exoskeleton and slowly takes over its behaviour.
www.nationalgeographic.com...

Is there a neurological element to the virus that, like syphilis covertly attacks the brain; in some manifesting quickly as an urge to spread, but in others perhaps biding its time (the difference probably being down to the host's particular biology, or maybe the strain.

I know crap all about this stuff - just crazy ramblings thanks to too much Lovecraft and not enough expertise. So, asking the experts...!?!

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I haven't posted in this thread for a long, long time, but sometimes a vent is required...

originally posted by: alphabetaone

Well, you have to admit, liberty and freedom are pretty valueless if one isn't alive to appreciate either.

And tanstaafl pouring out his heart to you in a post that perfectly underlined and clarified the dangers of the lock-down, is also pretty valueless if one isn't patient enough to read and appreciate it.

You believe the medical experts who support a lock-down with no regard to the economic catastrophe and resulting health crisis.

I believe the medical experts who support herd immunity (and are STILL insisting we reinstate it as a policy in the UK after we panicked and resorted to the other option) whilst protecting the vulnerable, and who DO care about the wider economic catastrophe.

As I have said before, one of those options is WRONG. And we will find out which in due course.

Meanwhile, available UK hospital space - the official reason for the lock-down - is at a high; there are even doctors and nurses twiddling their thumbs, but no end for the lock-down is in sight as thousands of businesses continue hitting the wall each day.

THAT is pure madness. Meanwhile, Sweden has the same statistics without the madness, rampaging fear, mental fatigue and economic destruction.

End of vent.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: primalfractal
Thought this was a pretty interesting suggestion for new avenues of treatment to investigate.

Therefore, acute respiratory distress in Covid-19 can be partially explained by brainstem dysfunction, suggesting the needs of more specific and aggressive treatments with the direct participation of neurologists and neurointensivists.

Hence, in patients complaining Covid-19 admitted in ICUs due to acute respiratory failure, a brain complication should be considered for protocol treatments.
researchgate.net

I'm a bit skeptical, given that one of the effects of Covid-19 is blood clots. We need more data, and we need more consistent data.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Hindsight is 20-20 as they say.

If they did as sweden people would be screaming about having a lock down.
I do agree something needs to change and change soon.

Working protocols need to be documented from around the world with 50,000+ deaths we must have some information on
Straight covid-19
others but died from Covid-19
others died with covid-19

BUT more importantly we have ICU recoveries, hospitalized but not in ICU, not hospitalised.

Once some of that is passed around the world we could share and release the hounds.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Numbers Update for Europe, and Elsewhere ( BNO still not updating) :

www.worldometers.info...

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

We will find out, as time marches on.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ConfusedBrit
And tanstaafl pouring out his heart to you in a post that perfectly underlined and clarified the dangers of the lock-down, is also pretty valueless if one isn't patient enough to read and appreciate it.

It didn't perfectly underline NOR clarify anything but their opinion.

You believe the medical experts who support a lock-down with no regard to the economic catastrophe and resulting health crisis.

Yea, you don't really get to decide what I do or do not believe.

I believe the medical experts who support herd immunity (and are STILL insisting we reinstate it as a policy in the UK after we panicked and resorted to the other option) whilst protecting the vulnerable, and who DO care about the wider economic catastrophe.

Ok. Opinion noted. Yet, with the majority not agreeing with you, good luck instating it.

As I have said before, one of those options is WRONG. And we will find out which in due course.

Actually due course will not. Whatever choice is made, there is no luxury in having what the alternate reality would have been had the opposite been chosen.

Meanwhile, available UK hospital space - the official reason for the lock-down - is at a high; there are even doctors and nurses twiddling their thumbs, but no end for the lock-down is in sight as thousands of businesses continue hitting the wall each day.

LMAO. Hospital space is not the official reason for the lockdown ANYWHERE in the world..... community transmission is; let's keep this a facts based thread.

THAT is pure madness. Meanwhile, Sweden has the same statistics without the madness, rampaging fear, mental fatigue and economic destruction.

With the US' day over day death rate at LEAST 10 fold higher than Sweden's of course theyre not panicking.

Sweden

US

Not to mention, if the US is experiencing economic hardship, then everyone is.... including Sweden.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   

May or may not be connected to this, but there's been a number of incidents with people attempting to spread the virus. Mainland Europe a guy was filmed on an underground train removing his mask to lick the hand rail. In recent days in the uk a man licked the face of a woman in a local grocery store. I'm guessing there's been others like this.

Of course many, perhaps all could be attributed to people that were already psychotic, or deranged in some way before the virus. But i do wonder if the virus itself is causing this; influencing folk to spread it, a little like 'zombie ants':

The Ophiocordyceps unilateralis fungus has just one goal: self-propagation and dispersal. Researchers think the fungus, found in tropical forests, infects a foraging ant through spores that attach and penetrate the exoskeleton and slowly takes over its behaviour.
www.nationalgeographic.com...

Is there a neurological element to the virus that, like syphilis covertly attacks the brain; in some manifesting quickly as an urge to spread, but in others perhaps biding its time (the difference probably being down to the host's particular biology, or maybe the strain.

Neither. It's not that uncommon. While you could link it (perhaps) to damage to the frontal lobe (or a poorly developed prefrontal cortex), the usual pattern here is that these individuals tend to generally have high risk-taking behavior and have more of an ego-centric viewpoint (i.e., "if it didn't happen to me, it's not really important") This often exhibits itself with rude pranks to make others uncomfortable just so that the perpetrator can laugh at them.

Another typical example is the fad of some people running up to a stranger and punching them (called the "hit and run prank" -- and it's not much of a prank to the recipient) and running off.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Yes we really need to get some things in motion again IMO
The economic catastrophe which is looming is gonna be huge unless changes are made soon.
Also, we need to resume normal treatment in hospitals here, particularly cancer treatment, scans, biopsies and other important stuff - or the backlog will simply be unbelievable. Also quite frustrating now is the many videos of nurses doing well choreographed dances in empty wards. It's annoying. There are many people who have had urgent treatment postponed - it doesn't sit well with me at all. No need to make stupid Tik Tok videos at this time. In normal times these hospitals are super busy.
There is a huge disconnect between the perceived danger of this disease and the reality, at least here in the UK.
At the very least the private hospitals which were forced to stop treatment as the NHS 'needed' them could be surely used as 'clean' zones and treatment could resume there. Millions will die of the lack of treatment for other things in the long term and that needs to be addressed urgently.
Even if we have a second wave, we have the field hospitals for that. They are sitting empty!!! Only 14 patients in London and 1 in Birmingham last I heard.....
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

edit on 25-4-2020 by cirrus12 because: clarification

top topics

<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join