It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 6

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: pasiphae
His link is correct

The wiki link may have said what he said it did, but it wasn't right according to the CDC, as I just showed.

Of course, I don't trust any of these medical mafiasos, so, whatever...

I'm sure you won't read this but you can't cite ESTIMATED cases compared to lab confirmed Covid cases. That's not how this works. That's now how any of this works. You compare the lab confirmed to lab confirmed. If you want to compare estimates then compare those because the Covid estimates are through the roof. You keep twisting the numbers.... like your CFR % which was incorrect math. Multiple people pointed that out. You have zero credibility by using faulty math and citing estimated numbers compared to lab confirmed.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Good day to all!!!!
and please read this!

This thread is for Corona Virus UPDATES ONLY!!!

...not debating and/or bickering

...not chit chat, DIET ADVICE, SOAP BOX speeches, recipes, political trolling, class warfare, conspiracy theories, bigoted comments, medical advice, OFF TOPIC banter
ill-mannered remarks toward members or arguing....

Some NON-UPDATE threads here, feel free to join in any of these:
Diseases and Pandemics

Diseases and Pandemics:: Medical Disclaimer
This thread is NOT for discussion of alternative medical treatment of illnesses!!!

Members who continue to disrupt will face temporary posting bans. ATS will not allow the few to ruin it for everyone.

Go after the ball not the player.

Community Announcement re: Decorum

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility WILL face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Workers 'terrified' at Limerick nuclear plant amid coronavirus

Contractors working during a refueling project at the Limerick Generating Station are “terrified” they’re working in a “breeding ground” for COVID-19 and expressed concerns about the company’s safety practices during the pandemic. “I’m in a constant state of paranoia. In my opinion, it’s just a complete breeding ground, a cesspool for this,” said one man, who spoke on condition of anonymity to MediaNews Group out of fear of losing his job. The contractor said supplemental workers began showing up at the plant days before a Unit 1 refueling outage began on March 27. Montgomery County officials have said they were informed that up to 1,400 contractors may have been summoned to work on the project as a coronavirus outbreak was taking shape in the county.

“From the first day I got there, there were no less than 100 people in the training room being processed. I have pictures from that day of people literally sitting on top of each other, no one enforcing social distancing,” the man said on Friday. “There were computer labs for people to take the tests they need to get into the plant, people sitting at every computer elbow to elbow. So, I’ve been concerned since the minute I walked in there.”During shift changes, he said, people from both shifts congregated in the break room “standing room only, just packed in there.” “They did not enforce any social distancing whatsoever until this past Wednesday (April 1) when the news got to the media. That’s when they started enforcing some social distancing,” the man claimed. “Being put at risk like this makes us mad.” The contractor described the current social distancing at the plant as “a half-assed thing.” “They made us sit further apart in the break room. But that first week and a half we were elbow to elbow with 40 people in the break room at any given time,” he claimed.

www.pottsmerc.com...
e dit on 14-4-2020 by pasiphae because: messed up headline

edit on 14-4-2020 by pasiphae because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Crack pot theory about the delay in wide spread testing in the U.K:

Testing would make the death toll, such as that in care homes, jump a great deal higher. Without testing many deaths can be attributed to the underlying condition, or the secondary bacterial infection, or just old age.

Who would want to keep the figures low?

Well, Boris delayed lockdown in the face of much criticism at home and abroad. Why he did this may have been bad advice, sheer incompetence, or a eugenic-fiscal policy to thin the herd of the treasury depleting weak and old...!

We may never know why Boris delayed, but the higher the death count the more questions he’ll be asked.

edit on 14-4-2020 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I think we've been duped into believing this virus is a mass killer to force everyone into lockdown. It's some kind of control the authorities wanted probably because of the mass unrest which was going on at the time in quite a few Countries!

If you look at worldometers figures for deaths per million population, it really is miniscule and doesn't really require any mass lockdown on the scale that it has been. It may infect a lot but kill rate as I said is miniscule per population. This isn't anywhere near as bad as Spanish flu or bubonic plague!

Go check it out for yourselves on www.worldometers.info/coronavirus

We've been duped and are now under complete control by the 1%.

BUT having said that... this lockdown should make people open their eyes as to what really matters in life!

Our life and health. More important than money!

edit on 14-4-2020 by CrazeeWorld777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Fauci: ‘We’re not there yet’ on key steps to reopen economy

WASHINGTON (AP) — Dr. Anthony Fauci, the government’s top infectious disease expert, said Tuesday the U.S. does not yet have the critical testing and tracing procedures needed to begin reopening the nation’s economy, adding a dose of caution to increasingly optimistic projections from the White House. “We have to have something in place that is efficient and that we can rely on, and we’re not there yet,” Fauci said in an interview with The Associated Press.

Fauci said a May 1 target is “a bit overly optimistic” for many areas of the country. Any easing off the strict social-distancing rules in place in much of the country would have to occur on a “rolling” basis, not all at once, he said, reflecting the ways COVID-19 struck different parts of the country at different times. Among Fauci’s top concerns: that there will be new outbreaks in locations where social distancing has eased, but public health officials don’t yet have the capabilities to rapidly test for the virus, isolate any new cases and track down everyone that an infected person came into contact with. “I’ll guarantee you, once you start pulling back there will be infections. It’s how you deal with the infections that’s going count,” Fauci told the AP. Key is “getting people out of circulation if they get infected, because once you start getting clusters, then you’re really in trouble,” he added.

apnews.com...:publicid:ap.org:46ee40035d500c4190489aea0adb126b

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777
I think we've been duped into believing this virus is a mass killer to force everyone into lockdown. It's some kind of control the authorities wanted probably because of the mass unrest which was going on at the time in quite a few Countries!

If you look at worldometers figures for deaths per million population, it really is miniscule and doesn't really require any mass lockdown on the scale that it has been. It may infect a lot but kill rate as I said is miniscule per population. This isn't anywhere near as bad as Spanish flu or bubonic plague!

Go check it out for yourselves on www.worldometers.info/coronavirus

We've been duped and are now under complete control by the 1%.

BUT having said that... this lockdown should make people open their eyes as to what really matters in life!

Our life and health. More important than money!

It can be argued that the social distancing has kept the total infections down, and thus the death toll is lower. That was the whole point, and it seems to have worked.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: McGinty
Sorry if this has been asked already (or if indeed it’s a dumb question)... is it possible that this virus went round much earlier than we’re told? Throughout the west as early as last autumn (I believe there’s clues this was the case with the Spanish Flu; being suffered in the US before it broke in Spain).

No. This is an entirely new virus. The one that went around last year was a known virus.
Here's one fact check on that

(there's a lot more. I just grabbed the convenient one. TL;DR is that it really isn't the same.)

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede
The " death curve" it follows in each country seem to follow the October/China timeline. It appears that it probably began to spread elsewhere likely weeks or a month at most before each area/country started noticing.

That's due to it being far more infectious that the flu/noroviruses that go around in the winter. In addition, we've developed vaccines to help those (no vaccine yet for Covid-19) AND because they've been around for a bit, we have developed some immunity to them.

Nothing really seems to suggest otherwise except social media people saying they had coughs and pneumonic symptoms. Without antibody checks, you kind of have to go with the fact that it was probably just the normal stew of stuff. Severe coughs and deadly pneumonia have been in the system a long time.

Exactly. One of the strains of flu early last year had quite the impact on the respiratory system. People like my husband had coughs that lasted for months.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: MrRCflying

But has it kept the death totals down? Look at NYC for example or Italy, Spain??

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: tanstaafl
"Of course, I don't trust any of these medical mafiasos, so, whatever..."

So, you just go with what you want to go with?

I posted a link to the CDC website directly contradicting the OP's numbers.

As all of us have been saying, it doesn't.

The CDC is using estimated numbers. It says so in the link. The link I posted used LABORATORY CONFIRMED NUMBERS. They're different. If we used suspected cases of Covid-19 you would see the numbers far higher.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   

But has it kept the death totals down? Look at NYC for example or Italy, Spain??

NYC is unique in it's population density. Much like Wuahan. They were hit first and it took them by surprise... they didn't shut down soon enough and it likely spread like wildfire in the public transit system. Italy was also taken by surprise. A lot of places that have an extensive amount of tourism were reluctant to shut things down.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   

A lot of places that have an extensive amount of tourism were reluctant to shut things down.

Or an extensive amount of old folk...

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   

a reply to: SixDemonBag
a reply to: tanstaafl
"That is where I got my number from...

8,958 deaths divided by 73,758 confirmed cases equals 1.2% CFR."

That’s 12%, not 1.2.

Ah, you - and the rest who were more than happy to correct me - are absolutely correct, I missed the decimal in my haste.

So - my apologies for getting that completely wrong.

But now back to my old arrogant self...

Never mind that all of these numbers are completely wrong to begin with, since every death that can possibly be attributed to COVID-19, is, regardless of whether or not it actually is, and many, I suspect, are actually not.

I'm still not sure why many of you seem to be so happy about these ridiculously fudged high numbers...

[snip]
edit on 14-4-2020 by elevatedone because: Removed Off Topic Comment towards members.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I have watched the governor every day since he began doing daily briefings. It seems that based on projections, yes it has. Even better than what was expected actually. Hospitalizations and death rates at the beginning of the surge in NYC was expected to be much higher, and then came down, and down again as it was pretty clear social distancing was working. Death toll has been horrendous, but it could have been much worse if the hospitals were overwhelmed. People would have literally been dying outside the hospital trying to get in.

I can't say for certain about Italy or Spain. I suspect it could have been much worse than it even was.

US projections for deaths nation wide, if nothing was done, was between 1.6 and 2.2 million. With mitigation it brought that number down to 100,000 to 240,000. It looks now that the mitigation has worked even better than anticipated, and we look to be on track for about 70,000 deaths in the US by the time it is all said and done. Still a high number, but with doing nothing, it would have been much, much worse.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Numbers from around the world are now starting to come in for April 14th.

Spain
Pop: 44.6 M
172,655 Positive tests…….. or 1 out of 270 Spaniards
10.51% Deaths

Italy
Pop: 60.4 M
162,488 Positive tests….. or 1 out of 372 Italians
12.96 % Deaths

US
Pop: 330 M
594,899 Positive tests.... or 1 out of 555 Americans
4.09% Deaths

US death rates (2017):
1. Heart Disease …………….…………647,457 annual or 1,773 daily average
2. Cancer ……………………..……….….599,108 annual or 1,641 daily average
3. Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936 annual or 465 daily average
8. Influenza and Pneumonia …………55,562 annual or 152 daily average
10. Intentional self-harm (suicide):..47,173 annual or 129 daily average
X. Auto accidents ………………….………37,461 annual or 102 daily average

COVID-19 ………………………………………. 24,345 (45 Day) or 541 daily average

*** SURPASSED *****

X. H1N1 2009 ESTIMATED (8,868 – 18,638) for 1 year or 24 – 50 daily average

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I'm sure you won't read this but you can't cite ESTIMATED cases compared to lab confirmed Covid cases.

Confirmed. Right. Using test kits that are notorously unreliable. Got it.

Interestingly, I just stumbled on a very interesting video that provides an extremely interesting twist to this thing. Very well documented, by a Dr. with lots of creds (for anyone who relies on that kind of thing when deciding who/what to listen to).

But, it is so interesting that it is worthy of its own thread, so I'm going to do a quick and dirty this afternoon and will post a link back here...

You keep twisting the numbers.... like your CFR % which was incorrect math. Multiple people pointed that out. You have zero credibility by using faulty math and citing estimated numbers compared to lab confirmed.

You are correct, and I just posted a belated response (weekend, small children, lack of time and all) apologizing and admitting I dropped the decimal. But don't worry, I gave you more ammo so you can continue to hate on me...

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I just posted a new thread discussing a video from a Dr. Kaufman - extremely interesting video, and worthy of a look-see...

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join