It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 6

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Some more info about the NJ jump in numbers. Not all of them are from the last 24 hrs

Gov. Phil Murphy announced 365 deaths and 4,059 new cases on Tuesday, though not all took place in the past 24 hours. Approximately 80 to 85 percent of cases are mild or moderate, according to health officials. As of 10 p.m Monday, 8,185 people were in hospitals in New Jersey with the coronavirus with 2,051 in critical or intensive care, state health officials said. About 1,626 patients are on ventilators. At least 514 were released from hospitals in the past 24 hours.

www.nj.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777
a reply to: MrRCflying

But has it kept the death totals down? Look at NYC for example or Italy, Spain??

I believe Boris et all have been deliberately keeping the deaths in old people's homes and such away from the daily total because it would take us closer if not over the 20,000 they expected. They don't want to lose face given Italy and Spain for two, warned us well before he brought out the lockdown we would have higher figures than them.
Also since friday they (sky news) have been playing more on the total deaths rather than the death total overnight...

Rainbows
Jane

I agree, the higher the death count, the harder it'll be to sweep their lockdown delay tactics under the carpet.

Boris' ICU visit may have been to further mitigate the political damage done to him by the delays.

edit on 14-4-2020 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: pasiphae
Some more info about the NJ jump in numbers. Not all of them are from the last 24 hrs

Gov. Phil Murphy announced 365 deaths and 4,059 new cases on Tuesday, though not all took place in the past 24 hours. Approximately 80 to 85 percent of cases are mild or moderate, according to health officials. As of 10 p.m Monday, 8,185 people were in hospitals in New Jersey with the coronavirus with 2,051 in critical or intensive care, state health officials said. About 1,626 patients are on ventilators. At least 514 were released from hospitals in the past 24 hours.

www.nj.com...

So they must have not had a total for yesterday, and are posting them today.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: cirrus12
Daily Mail

"Wuhan lab was performing coronavirus experiments on bats from the caves where the disease is believed to have originated - with a £3m grant from the US

The laboratory at the centre of scrutiny over the pandemic has been carrying out research on bats from the cave which scientists believe is the original source of the devastating outbreak.

Documents obtained by The Mail on Sunday show the Wuhan Institute of Virology undertook coronavirus experiments on mammals captured more than 1,000 miles away in Yunnan – funded by a $3.7 million grant from the US government.

Sequencing of the Covid-19 genome has traced it to bats found in Yunnan's caves.

It comes after this newspaper revealed last week that Ministers here now fear that the pandemic could have been caused by a virus leaking from the institute.

Senior Government sources said that while 'the balance of scientific advice' was still that the deadly virus was first transmitted to humans from a live animal market in Wuhan, an accident at the laboratory in the Chinese city was 'no longer being discounted'.
"

That article summarizes what I found in my research that I posted a few pages before your post, that I was wondering how the virus got from bats to humans and i wouldn't rule out the research lab's role in that, and it's interesting to see that article saying the same thing: 'an accident at the laboratory in the Chinese city was 'no longer being discounted'

It seems like a possibility. I didn't realize their research was being funded by a US grant until I read that link. China was saying things to deflect the origin away from themselves, like patient zero being a US soldier or so they claimed, but if the US funded their lab's bat research at the Wuhan lab which was involved in the virus getting to humans, maybe the US had an indirect role after all. With 20-20 hindsight, perhaps more significant containment measures should be used for this type of research, or, perhaps as the article suggests, we should re-consider whether to do this type of research at all.

Thanks for posting the link.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

That's a shame!

I had high hopes for it after finding that it's used to control inflammation for people with seronegative inflammatory arthritis - an autoimmune condition. Since C19 does much of it's damage by causing too much inflammation hydroxychloroquine seemed a logical way to treat it.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

originally posted by: cirrus12
Daily Mail

With 20-20 hindsight, perhaps more significant containment measures should be used for this type of research, or, perhaps as the article suggests, we should re-consider whether to do this type of research at all.

I think research is still needed, given enough time it could prevent something like we have seen.

I think it has more to do with lax controls. I am sure we could find deficiencies in these labs, all over the world. Someone is always willing to break safety rules, in an attempt to make things easier/quicker for them.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd
Preprint article with metadata analysis (in plain English, they're going to present the paper for publication and they're analyzing data that's been reported by health departments)

Risk of death in COVID-19 for people under age 65
I noticed some changes in the local California supermarket, one of them based on the higher risk to people aged 65 and over.
They have changed the store hours so that people aged 65 and over are the only people allowed to shop from 7AM to 8AM, "to provide seniors, 65 and over, a safe and less crowded shopping environment".
Then at 8AM the store opens to people of all ages.

There were some other updates to the store and their policies since my last visit:
-Where lines form, outside the store and in checkout lines, they put tape "X" marks on the floor or ground to indicate 6 foot spacing. So they can yell at you if you don't stand on the X or get too close to other people I guess. But the store wasn't crowded when I visited so I didn't get to see them used. The last time I visited before that it was crowded and people generally separated themselves by about 6' even without the markers.

-They put up large plexiglass barriers at the checkout lines to block airborne particle exchange between customers and cashiers. To pay for the order you have to sort of reach around the barrier when handing the cashier the money.

-Over a year ago, California encouraged people to bring their own shopping bags and passed a law requiring stores to charge $.10 for multiple-use bags. The stores would sell re-usable canvas bags for .99 each, which is what I normally would bring with me, and it was allowed in my March visit, but the customer bags were not allowed today. The store said they would waive the $.10 charge per bag, so I don't know if they are breaking the law by doing that or if California temporarily relaxed the statute requiring the bag charge. There was one exception in the law before, if you could prove you couldn't afford the bags, the store could waive the charge for that reason.

The one thing I was unable to get since the hoarding started I was finally able to get today, rice, though supplies were very limited and shelves still mostly empty for rice and pasta.
The fresh produce section was very well stocked though, looked completely normal with no more shortages that I noticed.

All employees in the store are now wearing masks and gloves, and are getting $2/hr extra "hazard pay" though they don't call it that, it's called "Wage incentive".
About half the customers were wearing masks.

originally posted by: Rich Z
I would be somewhat less concerned about a viral pathway from the eyes to the respiratory system than I would about the virus following the optic nerves directly to the brain. I have read papers about this possibility.
If you have any links to any of those papers, I'd be interested to read them.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Amazon fires two employees critical of warehouse working conditions

The termination of Emily Cunningham and Maren Costa, who worked as user-experience designers in Seattle, comes two weeks after the company fired another employee Christian Smalls after he came to its Staten Island warehouse for a demonstration in violation of his paid quarantine. The Seattle-based firm has been facing public scrutiny over safety and working conditions of warehouse, delivery and retail gig workers in the United States after cases of COVID-19 were reported in some of its facilities. Amazon workers have also protested in other countries. Amazon said it supported “every employee’s right to criticize their employer’s working conditions, but that does not come with blanket immunity against any and all internal policies.”

Not cool Amazon... not cool.

www.reuters.com... W0UI

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Do You Have Covid 19 And Not Know It?

A series of simple tests mainly over smell the Dr. Oz has here.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   
This is going to kill small town America

BRISTOL, N.H. — The coronavirus itself was slow to arrive in Bristol, a lakeside town of 3,300 people. The economic destruction came swiftly. By the end of March, with just a few local cases confirmed, gift shops, yoga studios and restaurants had all shut their doors. Hundreds lost jobs, contributing to a record surge in national unemployment claims.

But at least the Freudenberg factory was running at full strength. The factory, which employs 350 people and makes bonded piston seals and other components for carmakers around the world, has an outsize impact on Bristol’s economy.

Besides paying employees their salaries and the town taxes, the factory — part of a German industrial conglomerate — is the largest customer of Bristol’s sewage and water systems, a linchpin of the annual budget.

“Freudenberg is our lifeblood,” Nik Coates, the town administrator, said in an interview on April 2. “If that plant was ever to close or significantly reduce operations, that would put us in a world of hurt.”

As the coronavirus upends economic life around the world, small towns like Bristol are particularly vulnerable. Freudenberg is its lone large employer. There are just a few national chains — a Dunkin’, a Rite Aid and a Dollar General. And many of the small locally owned businesses depend on seasonal residents, who flock to Newfound Lake during the summer, doubling the town’s population for a few months.

The community has tried to come together in recent weeks, with residents extending help to one another and trying to support local establishments. But with unemployment ballooning and the threat of worse financial pain to come, neighborly good will is worth only so much over the long term.

The economic impact of this is hard to take but the US has lived in a bubble world for a long time now. We think we are immune to devastation. We should have been preparing for a large scale pandemic for the past decade.
www.nytimes.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Numbers Update for Europe, and Elsewhere :

www.worldometers.info...
bnonews.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrRCflying
I think research is still needed, given enough time it could prevent something like we have seen.

I think it has more to do with lax controls. I am sure we could find deficiencies in these labs, all over the world. Someone is always willing to break safety rules, in an attempt to make things easier/quicker for them.

It sounds to me like US Congressman Matt Gaetz would like to see US funding for this type of research in China completely cut off. I can't say I disagree with that. I don't know if we'll ever know the truth about the lab's role in this pandemic, but I think the lack of oversight he mentions is probably an issue.

Daily Mail
"US Congressman Matt Gaetz said: 'I'm disgusted to learn that for years the US government has been funding dangerous and cruel animal experiments at the Wuhan Institute, which may have contributed to the global spread of coronavirus, and research at other labs in China that have virtually no oversight from US authorities.'"

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ektar

Hey Byrd wonder what happened with the Hydroxychloroquine being
used as an ionophore for the Zinc. The Zinc was the key factor in destroying
the virus? Sorry if I missed an update on that. Thanks
Cheers
Ektar

It describes the function, yes. But that doesn't mean that it's of any real help in this situation. Just like vitamin D is a great help to the body and plays a part in a lot of metabolism... but taking Vitamin D doesn't fix nearsightedness (a bad analogy but I'm struggling to give a good example here.)

Zinc isn't a key factor in destroying the virus as far as I can tell... otherwise it'd never get into the body (since zinc is a part of our metabolism.)

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Holy surge in New Jersey!

Yesterday: 2,734 infections and 93 deaths

Today: 4,240 infections and 362 deaths

Is that true numbers, or did they only get a partial count in yesterday?

NJ

If they're only counting confirmed cases, it means they got a bunch of results from a lab... and possibly that the numbers are also increasing.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Perhaps a little education before making comments about something your not sure about ZINC IS THE IMPORTANT FACTOR
Medcram 34

decade old info

study

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Guardian Article : " Police foil fake mask con for millions of euros "

An Irish Company seems to be involved, and two people in the Netherlands have been arrested.

They cloned a Website of a legitimate company providing Masks.

They were initially sent €1.5 Million, as a downpayment, and later asked for another €800K 'to secure the merchandise', which was also sent.

All the money was recovered in Irish and British banks, on it's way to Nigeria.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

Preprint article with metadata analysis (in plain English, they're going to present the paper for publication and they're analyzing data that's been reported by health departments)

Risk of death in COVID-19 for people under age 65
I noticed some changes in the local California supermarket, one of them based on the higher risk to people aged 65 and over.
They have changed the store hours so that people aged 65 and over are the only people allowed to shop from 7AM to 8AM, "to provide seniors, 65 and over, a safe and less crowded shopping environment".
Then at 8AM the store opens to people of all ages.

They have some of that here... alas, not all of us are morning birds. Staggering out of bed to shop at 7 am is just not my thing. And since I'm shopping for 3 families, an hour is kind of a short timeframe.

-Where lines form, outside the store and in checkout lines, they put tape "X" marks on the floor or ground to indicate 6 foot spacing. ...
-They put up large plexiglass barriers at the checkout lines to block airborne particle exchange between customers and cashiers. To pay for the order you have to sort of reach around the barrier when handing the cashier the money.

They do this at my local Target (and at Tom Thumb.) I have restricted my shopping to places with this kind of policy. I may kick over the traces and visit a Vietnamese market tomorrow for mung beans (want to sprout some beans) I'm also trying to stick to businesses that are giving their clerks "hazard pay" for this time period.

I expect the food chain to become ... peculiar... (low availability of food, transport problems) this fall. I'm slowly making some meals to put in the freezer (and labeling. Must remember to label Mysterious Packages) and will be sure to keep things stocked up for the fall and winter. I don't have a lot of closet space so I really can't do the "two months of food" kind of thing but I am thinking about it and about price increases since we live on social security.

...the gods help us if my husband gets sick again.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Holy surge in New Jersey!

Yesterday: 2,734 infections and 93 deaths

Today: 4,240 infections and 362 deaths

Is that true numbers, or did they only get a partial count in yesterday?

NJ

If they're only counting confirmed cases, it means they got a bunch of results from a lab... and possibly that the numbers are also increasing.

I posted some info that you must have missed. It's above this in the thread.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   

What I know about molecular biology you could write on a... well, a molecule! But I find this MD Roger Seheult’s regular updates pretty useful.

The Zinc part is from around 3min 40sec...
youtu.be...

Apparently the virus ‘tricks’ it’s way into a cell, then the cell does the work replicating the virus. According to him Zinc can kill the virus, but it can’t trick it’s way in. Hydroxychloriquine let’s the zinc into the cell. Forgive me if I got some of that wrong, it was some time ago that I watched it.

I think it was a later video that he suggested Quercetin might contribute towards allowing zinc into the cell. Well I hope so cos I bought the motherload!

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I was telling a coworker this morning about a former coworker that has COVID 19 being treated with hydroychloroquine. He is responding favorably.
She said, "Oh, that is good. I agree with it being administered under a doctor's care."
I asked her how you can use it any other way, since it is a prescription drug.
She said, "Oh, I heard on the news that people were being killed and blinded by it because they medicated themselves."
I told her that the one guy that died had used an aquarium chemical. Then I told her that the news stories about people 'hoarding' the medication were likewise false. It is hard to hoard a prescription drug.
She said that she never thought of that.
It is so easy for the news media to lead people astray.

No, actually she was correct.

In countries such as Nigeria, chloroquine tablets are easily available at pharmacies and other shops, without any need for a prescription, even though chloroquine was banned in 2005 after malaria became resistant to the drug.

Mr. Trump is more popular in Nigeria than anywhere else in Africa, and his praise of chloroquine led to a surge of purchases of the drug in Lagos and other Nigerian cities. Some shops and pharmacies were quickly sold out.

When some Nigerians began to self-administer the drug at dangerous doses, at least two people needed hospital treatment for poisoning, authorities said on the weekend.

“Please DO NOT engage in self-medication,” the Nigerian Centre for Disease Control said in a tweet. “This will cause harm and can lead to death.”

source

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join