It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 6

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   
He Was a Doctor Who Never Got Sick. Then the Coronavirus Nearly Killed Him. - Dr. Ryan Padgett, 45, once played in the Rose Bowl for Northwestern. He had rarely missed a day of work to illness. Then the coronavirus took him to the brink of death.

The 45-year-old physician kept in shape with gym visits and skiing trips. Back in college at Northwestern, he had been an All-Big Ten offensive guard, helping lead the team to the Rose Bowl after the 1995 season. In 21 years on the job, almost all at EvergreenHealth, he had taken only five sick days. Then one day in early March, he felt a headache coming on, which was unusual for him. His muscles were sore. By March 9, he had a fever and a cough. Two days after that, his breathing was so labored that he realized he was going to become a patient in his own hospital.

I thought this was a really interesting story. He tried to ride it out at home but his oxygen levels got low and his fiance made him to to the hospital. They treated him with multiple things including hydroxychloroquine but nothing was working. He wound up on a vent and was on the brink more than once. Then they used the ECMO machine for days. They also gave high dose Vit C. He finally started getting better. He's still not fully recovered and there are some cognitive issues that remain. Worth a read. He got sick before the lockdowns and woke up to a totally different world.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyBalls2

You do have to be impressed with South Korea. They have kept it under control.......so far.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Eight confirmed and nine probable cases today , but we four more deaths bringing the total to nine dead. Three of those who just died were in a cluster at an old people's dementia home. On a plus side due to the lockdown we had zero road deaths over Easter which can be as high as 20ish.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka

Mine isn't. Try clearing your cookies.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Hawaii's numbers: Daily positive test delta in blue. Three day average in orange.

Today's delta is 5.
I mentioned earlier that our latest outlook is much improved. This chart would seem to indicate the same.

edit on 4/13/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Either the test are messed up or ??????? Either way not good...

SEOUL (Reuters) - South Korea reported on Monday that at least 116 people initially cleared of the new coronavirus had tested positive again, although officials suggested they would soon look at easing strict recommendations aimed at preventing new outbreaks.

South Korea reported only 25 new cases overall on Monday, but the rise in “reactivated” patients has raised concerns as the country seeks to stamp out infections.

Officials are still investigating the cause of the apparent relapses. But Jeong Eun-kyeong, director of the Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (KCDC), has said the virus may have been reactivated rather than the patients being re-infected.

newsletter.thaivisa.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I think they are very aware that the tests are not 100% accurate so I think they are using multiple tests to make sure. I could be wrong but every single person doing tests knows that at this point. Otherwise there's no reason for them to report this.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: pasiphae

That's a 1.5% false negative rate though. Sort of spooky.

I think that another theory is that they "missed a spot" with the swabs.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I suppose God was not pleased. "Virginia pastor who defiantly held church service dies of coronavirus "

He practiced what he preached — then he died of coronavirus.

An evangelical pastor died of COVID-19 just weeks after proudly showing off how packed his Virginia church was — and vowing to keep preaching “unless I’m in jail or the hospital.”

In his last known in-person service on March 22, Bishop Gerald O. Glenn got his congregation at Richmond’s New Deliverance Evangelistic Church to stand to prove how many were there despite warnings against gatherings of more than 10 people.

“I firmly believe that God is larger than this dreaded virus. You can quote me on that,” he said, repeating it a second time to claps, saying that “people are healed” in his church.

nypost.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   

I hope his flock does better than he did.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I would not want to be on a ship or a boat unless I owned it and only had family onboard with me. The US military is not wanting to be forthcoming (classified under national security no doubt) about how many in each branch of service is actually in hospital for the virus.

Being stuck on a navy ship out at sea or even once at dock while a known infection rages is worse that being stuck in a nursing home IMO. By the time the bureaucratic B.S. figures out a plan it may be to late.

A US sailor on the aircraft carrier USS Theodore Roosevelt has died of the COVID-19 novel coronavirus, the Navy announced Monday. The warship has suffered almost 600 cases of the virus, and the struggle over how to protect the 4,000-person crew has become a national debate.

The sailor, whose name has been withheld until their next-of-kin have been informed, “was found unresponsive during a daily medical check” on the morning of April 9, the Navy announced Monday, USNI News reported. However, the Wall Street Journal noted the sailor held the rank of chief petty officer and was in their 40s.

“While Naval Base Guam emergency responders were notified, CPR was administered by fellow Sailors and onsite medical team in the house. The sailor was transferred to US Naval Hospital Guam where the Sailor was moved to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU). The sailor was declared deceased April 13,” the statement continues.

sputniknews.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd
There's plenty of data (going back to 2009) that confirm the two numbers I cited.

I see your wikipedia article, and raise you a site you seem to trust (I don't, but that's just me)...

"From April 12, 2009 to April 10, 2010, CDC estimated there were 60.8 million cases (range: 43.3-89.3 million), 274,304 hospitalizations (range: 195,086-402,719), and 12,469 deaths (range: 8868-18,306) in the United States due to the (H1N1)pdm09 virus.

Additionally, CDC estimated that 151,700-575,400 people worldwide died from (H1N1)pdm09 virus infection during the first year the virus circulated.**

So...

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 10:18 PM
link   

I have a nephew who is in the Merchant Marine Academy. He's trapped, for the most part, during his training voyages. Cannot leave the ship.

"See the world." From the gunwales.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: pasiphae
His link is correct

The wiki link may have said what he said it did, but it wasn't right according to the CDC, as I just showed.

Of course, I don't trust any of these medical mafiasos, so, whatever...

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
Either the test are messed up or ??????? Either way not good...

SEOUL (Reuters) - South Korea reported on Monday that at least 116 people initially cleared of the new coronavirus had tested positive again, although officials suggested they would soon look at easing strict recommendations aimed at preventing new outbreaks.

South Korea reported only 25 new cases overall on Monday, but the rise in “reactivated” patients has raised concerns as the country seeks to stamp out infections.

Officials are still investigating the cause of the apparent relapses. But Jeong Eun-kyeong, director of the Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (KCDC), has said the virus may have been reactivated rather than the patients being re-infected.

newsletter.thaivisa.com...

If it behaves as other viruses, such as herpes, or hepatitus, then it's about viral titer load. As people recover, the viral load has substantially decreased, but perhaps they will still always carry some amount of viral load. The goal, then, would be to get the viral load to undetectable. However, if there are many mutated strains already, it is possible to be infected with another. And it's also possible that once contracting it and also carrying it, without the right antiviral to totally eliminate it, it could return.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd
It's much lower for those under age 65 if you live in Europe and much higher in the US.

Because we're fat with a diet of processed GMOs

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: BPilgrim

Are you sure it isn't the quality of medical care?

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Of course, I don't trust any of these medical mafiasos, so, whatever...

So, you just go with what you want to go with?

Good plan. Confirmation bias is one way of dealing with things.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Could be. But obesity has already been stated as one of the worst complications for Covid-19 and the US is at near 40% obesity while numbers from Europe are 10-30%.

Even if Europe does have higher quality care, I think they're starting with a healthier population.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: BPilgrim

Are GM foods high in fat content? Is that why Americans are fat?

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join