It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 83
<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   
OK, this was too important to pout about :

France is in Lockdown as of tomorrow Tuesday 17th midday (12h), for at least 15 Days.
At the same time, the Schengen Borders FOR THE WHOLE OF EUROPE will be closed for 30 DAYS.

Mediacl Staff will be able to use Hotels and Taxi's free of charge, paid for by state.
This is to keep them healthy as possible, and not tired.

An Army Hospital will be setup in Alsace to help cope.

Army will be used to help ferry coronavirus cases to and from sites.

French people outside of France, will still be able to come home after the date, but will probably have to go via local Embassy.

300 Billion Euros for Comapnies, to help them out.

All Essential Bills (Electricity/Water/Gas/Rent/...) are now all delayed.

The second tour of the municipal elections, first tour held last Sunday, are delayed to June iirc (announced earlier in the day).

6633 Cases, 148 Deaths officially.

Information from the Live Speech by President Macron this evening.
He said quite a bit more, but I couldn't write it down.

edit : We are allowed out for shopping, Food, Pharmacy etc.
Checks will be made, probably on the roads.

edit on 16-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added stuff

You are not allowed out in a group, not even 2.
GOing to be very hard for those in the cities, and the appartment blocks.
edit on 16-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added stuff again

edit on 16-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: caps + EUrope

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAZ21
a reply to: JamieJJones

Yesterday, today it was 4.

And also although I do think this virus may possibly have more side effects to it like infertility. I'm starting to think tansfaafl may be the voice of reason. Everyone should try not to get sucked into the mass hysteria, that's usually what separates us from the average population who don't question anything.

Today it's gone from 35 to 55.

www.dailymail.co.uk...
edit on 16-3-2020 by JamieJJones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   

And also although I do think this virus may possibly have more side effects to it like infertility. I'm starting to think tansfaafl may be the voice of reason. Everyone should try not to get sucked into the mass hysteria, that's usually what separates us from the average population who don't question anything.

You were saying?

UK total death count is now 55

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueSwan

You were saying?

UK total death count is now 55

I get the impression he's one of those people who is going to try and argue it's 4 just so he can be right, even though it's clear he's patently wrong.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Pennsylvania Gov. Wolf shuts down all nonessential businesses.
WFMZ

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

There it is.. Starts in PA. Here they come. Wow

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Wife bought throw away gloves to use at gas stations and such. probably a good idea being you have to put your zip code in and hold the handle.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tracele

originally posted by: FinallyAwake
Doris Knobson is addressing the nation.

Boris Johnson warns UK population to avoid non-essential contact with others as coronavirus cases rise – politics live
PM says vulnerable people and those with serious health conditions should be shielded from social contact and tells Britons to avoid pubs, restaurants and non-essential travel but school stay open for now

Coronavirus – latest updates
UK response ‘led by science’ – Shapps
Which countries have restrictions and FCO warnings in place?
Downing Street lobby briefing - Summary

www.theguardian.com... ces-because-of-coronavirus-shapps-suggests-politics-live

But schools stay open, what a ****

It doesn’t make sense to me, over 1000 kids in my child’s school. People are really worried now.

They want as many children to get it as possible, as quickly as possible.

Schools etc are a bug highway across the country. Get herd immunity there, it gives herd immunity everywhere to some extent, working as a shield. At least via that avenue.

Logical? In some ways yes. Ethical? Certainly not. There are flaws; like kids have parents and grandparents etc, and spread is spread, and they are encouraging it. But there is also the gaping hole in the strategy; that there is, as yet, no evidence that herd immunity is even possible with this virus. They say reinfection is rare, but it is an unknown.

What if it never leaves you at all? We know some viruses behave this way. I don't know why we don't have a virus like this one already that also stays in your system forever this way. Maybe because if we did have a virus like that, we'd be extinct.
edit on 16-3-2020 by Oppenheimer67 because: reworded for clarity

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

makes sense. since the NCR (national capital region), which of course includes the financial district and government, along with the rest of the main island of Luzon is under enhanced quarantine starting at midnight tonight. "Only those private establishments providing basic necessities and such activities related to food and medicine production i.e. public markets, supermarkets, groceries, convenience stores, hospitals, medical clinics, pharmacies and drug stores, food preparation and delivery services, water-refilling stations, manufacturing and processing plants of basic food products and medicines, power energy, water and telecommunications supplies and facilities shall be open". i don't think the stock market qualifies under that. heck not even any public transit is allowed to operate.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: MindBodySpiritComplex
Coronavirus: Spaniards left furious over packed Metro and train services

Spaniards attempting to get to work on Monday were left fuming after a cut in commuter and metro services in Spain’s two largest cities meant transport was more crowded than a typical morning. All this despite the government urging people to keep their distance from others.

overcrowded platforms and train carriages forcing commuters into close proximity to one another made a mockery of the national lockdown.

and that is one of the very reasons all public transit on Luzon in the Philippines has been ordered shut down. maybe they will do the same there?

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
a reply to: butcherguy

There it is.. Starts in PA. Here they come. Wow

It's amazing how easily those on ATS so staunchly against the government meddling in their lives and businesses can so easily roll over and INVITE THEM IN like this. The freaking exuberant support for this shutdown is appalling.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Wow 🥺 Dow on the verge to drop 3,000 points. I have never seen the markets hemorrhaging like this even in the Great Recession.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Need to bookmark again.

I've read some but way too many since my last post!

It seems a lot happened today, not just in the UK but around the World!

For a while i though Boris had suspended everything, even travel by train but I'm very happy he hasn't done that yet coz i need to travel tmrw.... out of London.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: pasiphae

They are using a Malaria drug which acts as a carrier for a zinc ion so it passes into an infected cell and stops the virus from replicating. Vitamin D gives a massive protection if your low on Vitamin D as well especially in northern European countries where people are deficient anyway.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   
From the presser.

Coronavirus: Trump says coronavirus crisis may last all summer

US President Donald Trump has said the nationwide coronavirus emergency could last until the end of the summer or even longer.

He told a White House press conference that the country is facing "an invisible enemy" that is "so contagious".

Mr Trump said that over the next 15 days, Americans should not gather in groups of more than 10 people.

The US has so far had 4,100 cases of the virus and 71 deaths.

Mr Trump told reporters on Monday: "People are talking about July, August, something like that, so it could be right in that period of time where I say, it washes through.

"They think August, could be July, could be longer than that."

He said he is not considering a national curfew or lockdown apart from for "certain hot spots".

www.bbc.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: SonOfThor
a reply to: UFO1414

What is Germany doing for treatment? Low deaths and low serious/critical??

Not testing deaths (which are also not confirmed infected) whether or not they died from Corona, unlike other countries do. :-)

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oppenheimer67

originally posted by: Tracele

originally posted by: FinallyAwake
Doris Knobson is addressing the nation.

Boris Johnson warns UK population to avoid non-essential contact with others as coronavirus cases rise – politics live
PM says vulnerable people and those with serious health conditions should be shielded from social contact and tells Britons to avoid pubs, restaurants and non-essential travel but school stay open for now

Coronavirus – latest updates
UK response ‘led by science’ – Shapps
Which countries have restrictions and FCO warnings in place?
Downing Street lobby briefing - Summary

www.theguardian.com... ces-because-of-coronavirus-shapps-suggests-politics-live

But schools stay open, what a ****

It doesn’t make sense to me, over 1000 kids in my child’s school. People are really worried now.

They want as many children to get it as possible, as quickly as possible.

Schools etc are a bug highway across the country. Get herd immunity there, it gives herd immunity everywhere to some extent, working as a shield. At least via that avenue.

Logical? In some ways yes. Ethical? Certainly not. There are flaws; like kids have parents and grandparents etc, and spread is spread, and they are encouraging it. But there is also the gaping hole in the strategy; that there is, as yet, no evidence that herd immunity is even possible with this virus. They say reinfection is rare, but it is an unknown.

What if it never leaves you at all? We know some viruses behave this way. I don't know why we don't have a virus like this already, that behaves this way. Maybe because if we did have a virus like that, we'd be extinct.

Great points.

There will inevitably be some (hundreds, thousands?) of kids who will die if they do this.

Political suicide whether the herd thing works or not.

Partly why I can't believe they're doing it, unless they know something very important that we aren't being told.

EDIT: Remember we're also in the middle of the "obesity epidemic" - Imagine how many school age kids have T1, T2 diabetes or are pre-diabetic, have asthma or other breathing problems, severe allergies or other immune system problems, heart problems, thyroid problems, etc.
edit on 16-3-2020 by JamieJJones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: UFO1414
From the presser.

Coronavirus: Trump says coronavirus crisis may last all summer

US President Donald Trump has said the nationwide coronavirus emergency could last until the end of the summer or even longer.

He told a White House press conference that the country is facing "an invisible enemy" that is "so contagious".

Mr Trump said that over the next 15 days, Americans should not gather in groups of more than 10 people.

The US has so far had 4,100 cases of the virus and 71 deaths.

Mr Trump told reporters on Monday: "People are talking about July, August, something like that, so it could be right in that period of time where I say, it washes through.

"They think August, could be July, could be longer than that."

He said he is not considering a national curfew or lockdown apart from for "certain hot spots".

www.bbc.com...

This country will riot and make the LA Riots look like child's play before putting up with ever-tightening restrictions for THAT long.

Edit: If this was just simple voluntary isolation and such, I think we'd adapt to it and get on fine as a country. But restricting to less than a dozen people in one place, keeping curfews and shutdowns going indefinitely, this is going to be a temper flashpoint. We don't tolerate being told what to do too well as it is, being forced to do these things is going to backfire massively.
edit on 3/16/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   

The Dow Jones Industrial Average closed 2,999 points lower, or 12.9%. The 30-stock Dow was briefly down more than 3,000 points in the final minutes of trading. The S&P 500 dropped 12% while the Nasdaq Composite closed 12.3% lower in its worst day ever.

Bloodbath..

Dow closes down 2,999 points, as coronavirus collapse continues; worst day since ’87

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

It won’t work, not to mentioned the country would probably collapse economically...

top topics

<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join