It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 81
<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: JSpader
a reply to: pasiphae

Man, don’t talk like that. You need to fight for your family! Push yourself harder than you ever pushed yourself. Look at your family really good, doesn’t that make you want to fight?!?! For me, I am not going out like but I also was in the Marines.

Whether you care to admit defeat or not at that point, he's right. If it comes down to pointing business ends at each other, your lifestyle is gone and not coming back no matter how hard you fight for it, and your ethics and ideals will change to suit your evolving baselines. There's nothing ideal or close to recognizable as "American" to go back to, game over. It's better to, instead of popping caps in asses, build anew and move on, as opposed to being the dead weight fighting it.
edit on 3/16/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: MaverickLRD

originally posted by: XCrycek

originally posted by: Thoughtful1
I wonder when Whole Foods will stop serving food in the open style buffet. When I was last there customers were wearing gloves and masks and the staff were feverishly cleaning shelves and even trash containers.
However they still had loads of prepared, cooked food accessible to the general public. I din't feel very reassured to see just the glass domes that apparently are to protect the food from germs.
The other customers didn't either and no one while I was there stepped one foot near it.

www.usda.gov...

"We are not aware of any reports at this time of human illnesses that suggest COVID-19 can be transmitted by food or food packaging. However, it is always important to follow good hygiene practices (i.e., wash hands and surfaces often, separate raw meat from other foods, cook to the right temperature, and refrigerate foods promptly) when handling or preparing foods."

You can't get it through food

" Experience with SARS and MERS suggest that people are not infected with the virus through food. So, it is unlikely the virus is passed on through food and there is no evidence yet of this happening with COVID-19 (coronavirus) to date.

Coronaviruses need a host (animal or human) to grow in and cannot grow in food. Thorough cooking is expected to kill the virus because we know that a heat treatment of at least 30min at 60ºC is effective with SARS."

Just stop. You’re 100% wrong.
Yes viruses need a host. But survival on inanimate objects from 2-72 hours is typical.

I know, right? Despite even being warned about fomite transmission and oral-fecal transmission by a physician on this board, this person continues to bang on about how safe food is.
Well, not all food, all the time depending on who prepares it or who else comes into contact with not only the food, but the packaging, utensils, etc. I just read an article this morning about a New York chef who infected something like 20 people with the virus. (Sorry, can't find the link now but I did read it.)

You have to ask yourself at a certain point if these people are trolls or have a vested interest, as in they own a fast food franchise, etc.
edit on 16-3-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Some interesting developments in the city I’m currently at for a business trip
Coworkers are at a different hotel, that hotel has no food or coffee. There’s less than a dozen people staying at the hotel. The staff have almost all been laid off
Other hotels around are similar. So far my hotel has food and coffee

The facility I’m working at will be implementing thermal scanners and temp readings any time someone enters the building later this week
They do not have sufficient PPE for staff
My company has allowed us to continue travel for critical business needs thus far but we are told this situation is day to day and we may be sent home. They are telling us to prepare to drive vs fly home
There’s rumblings about the city I’m in going on lockdown in the near future not letting people come and go. Have not been able to find a reliable source agreeing

The FDA and CDC really screwed the pooch up in Seattle as well
The facilities in Seattle privately developed their own COVID test and that’s when we saw the first positives at the nursing homes. After roughly half a dozen positives the CDC told them to stop their independent testing. Guesstimates are being made that the true infection number in Seattle was close to 10k 3 weeks ago

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   
UK

I posted earlier that there's a rumour schools in at least West Yorkshire will shut on Friday.

Have now spoken to a contact of mine in the education system and she confirms schools will shut in West Yorkshire on Friday.

Since they are probably not allowed to make a unilateral decision like that I can only assume it's going to be UK wide.

What I don't get, is that if the govt have already made this decision then why not announce it so people can plan ahead.

Also why wait until Friday? Why not now?

Is it that they've calculated they need that long to get the infection going for the "herd immunity" insanity?

The way it's being managed in mind boggling.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   

The facilities in Seattle privately developed their own COVID test and that’s when we saw the first positives at the nursing homes. After roughly half a dozen positives the CDC told them to stop their independent testing. Guesstimates are being made that the true infection number in Seattle was close to 10k 3 weeks ago

You need to get back to home base asap with rumors like that floating around.

Re CDC and their stance on independent testing: absolute blood on their hands. And the BS excuse, "well, it worked well for what it was designed for"..... no. Not an acceptable reason or excuse because someone could have exercised independent judgement at some point or taken it up the chain of command for a change in the rules given the extraordinary circumstances. Apparently that was possible because the President finally did it. Too late, of course. Thanks again, CDC, you ****s.
edit on 16-3-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: drussell41

I’m about a 4hr drive from home. My stuff is packed other than one outfit for tomorrow. If the announcement gets made I’ll get in the rental and leave.
Currently unable to make that decision independently

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Some interesting developments in the city I’m currently at for a business trip
Coworkers are at a different hotel, that hotel has no food or coffee. There’s less than a dozen people staying at the hotel. The staff have almost all been laid off
Other hotels around are similar. So far my hotel has food and coffee

The facility I’m working at will be implementing thermal scanners and temp readings any time someone enters the building later this week
They do not have sufficient PPE for staff
My company has allowed us to continue travel for critical business needs thus far but we are told this situation is day to day and we may be sent home. They are telling us to prepare to drive vs fly home
There’s rumblings about the city I’m in going on lockdown in the near future not letting people come and go. Have not been able to find a reliable source agreeing

So it IS like the walking dead. We all already have it. We're just waiting a few weeks to see who it gets.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: MaverickLRD

I'll be thinking of you. I'd like to hear when you're back okay.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostsock
a reply to: tanstaafl
Im sorry to break it to you but there are millions of senior citizens that do NOT live in group homes. My 80 yr old father lives next door to me and my 70 yr old mother lives 50 miles away with her 75 yr old second husband. I can look after my dad and take care of his day to day needs but I cant do the same for my mother. I had to threaten her that I was going to steal her car battery if she went to the bar last Friday night. She is a huge karaoke fan. So keeping the elderly at home under quarantine isnt as cut and dried as you are claiming. My mom said she will only stay home if a full quarantine is set forth and i am sure t here are plenty of other people of the same mind that she is unfortunately.

Stubborn old folks aside, self-isolating THEMSELVES is still more effective than dumping the isolation responsibility on the entire country and expecting it to work wholesale.

I'm sorry yours is still ambulatory & independent enough to thumb their nose at the idea, but any end results of doing that are on them for not hunkering down and avoiding people. Not the rest of us.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: JamieJJones

With the announcement of the daily televised updates, I guess the feel it is not the right time.

I agree with what your saying though, what's the reason for not telling us now?

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been shared, but I live in SC and this scares me. Cruise ship docked with 2400 passengers, no temps taken before they disembarked because no one was showing symptoms. Smart move.

www.google.com...

We also had our first death today.

edit on 16-3-2020 by Anynamedangit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: UFO1414

America began closing our borders at the end of January. Those predicting "Italy" coming to America are not taking into account the numerous preventative measures taken.

There's still this frantic doctor making rounds on TV stations predicting (without evidence) an 8 million bed hospital shortage in the US is imminent. Thankfully, Americans are increasingly understanding REALITY vs his fear mongering.

You have a link for this...I don't think its true. There were planes and people from many countries, including ITALY, until 3/13.
Am I wrong?
edit on 2020161202000000031 by odd1out because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Idris Elba has tested positive for COVID 19

twitter.com...

I think he was at the event with Sophie Trudeau.

Yup.

www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: OctavioArmas
I don't recall a time when helthcare systems of entire countries collapsed from flu, or the doctors fell like flies with contagion

When is the last time we had a seriously infectious novel (so unknown to our immune systems) bug like this hit us? Maybe Spanish Flu?

And our Doctors in the USA aren't dropping like flies... yet...

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Looks like this thing is dying out before it got started, to early to claim victory in the UK?

14th 342 cases
15th 251 cases
16th 136 cases

link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: OctavioArmas
I don't recall a time when helthcare systems of entire countries collapsed from flu, or the doctors fell like flies with contagion

When is the last time we had a seriously infectious novel (so unknown to our immune systems) bug like this hit us? Maybe Spanish Flu?

And our Doctors in the USA aren't dropping like flies... yet...

2009 H1N1 was a novel flu. I can’t recall what type of effect If any it burdened our health networks

link   
Rumor about Little Rock Arkansas declaring a curfew !!

Can anyone confirm ? 😷 🥶

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Cisco Live US just moved to a virtual event which is a pretty big deal for those in the IT space.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Starts Wed ... 12 am to 5 am is what I heard

It should be more hours there ... not a great place to be in the best of times.

<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join