It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 66
<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage
LMFAO!

Anyways, the Iran Military twitter page posts daily updates with images from Iran. The Mania there is a little bit amusing to an extent.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DirkDiggler2
Anybody here horrified by the panic and complete unpreparedness by the 95% of the country? Have we fallen this far? As an example, am a Gen X'er who in the 1970's and 80's had grandparents that taught me always to have food, seeds, ammo, medicine, cash, and coins always on hand; the ability to hunt, garden, fix things and use and reuse them as much as possible until they wear out, and keep anything else you might ever possibly need for at least 3 months (even longer if you can). This takes YEARS, not just a day or two to prepare for.

These grandparents won WWII, survived the Depression and taught us grandkids to fish, garden, make maple syrup, sew, shoot guns, stay at home as Latchkey kids, and basically not depend on anyone else to survive if we can possibly help it. (This coming from a worthless Wall St finance person to boot).

Now, I'm finding out that my Baby Boomer parents (whose parents were my exact grandparents described above) don't know what to do, because the stores have been wiped out.

I'm in complete amazement and somewhat horrified at where this country went wrong, though I've known for some time we sold ourselves out as a nation. Though I thank my grandparents tremendously.

One more funny thing that I wanted add - I was so proud when I was 17 that I saved up enough money to buy my first car. It was a piece of garbage 3-cylinder, Subaru Justy. Not the quality Subaru's around today. No power windows, or power anything. Stick shift.

My grandpa comes over to see the car, looks at my proud face and says, "The Japanese killed a bunch of my friends and you just bought a car from them. A crappy car too. Great job".

LOL! That car got traded the next weekend.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

does anyone have any info about reinfectivity rates, and/or interstate travel bans?

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 08:56 PM
link   
So I just seen a screenshot of a letter sent to my partner. which was addressed to a major hotel CEO today here in the US. (Came from a friend within the circle). It was telling him to prepare for a 2 week isolation or lockdown because an announcement is coming this week from the administration.

I really think there is going to be an attempt of a nationwide lockdown. All the pieces are in place and the states are falling like dominos.

After the address tonight: “everything is on the table” was said 5 times and “we will address this daily” is a sure sign its coming.

Local food stores are running low on things already and the ammo store has had record sales last four days here!!

Be Safe Everyone!!
edit on 15-3-2020 by GTlostman because: Typo

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage
I will try and get the letter and post as soon as i do

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: GTlostman

I really think there is going to be an attempt of a nationwide lockdown.

So I've heard.

Local food stores are running low on things already and ammo store has had record sells last four days here!!

Food supplies, and utilities, will remain operational. We won't "run out" of food. The stores will continue to be stocked. Supplies will flow.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Observationalist

WAIT A MINUTE. They are closing bars. Keeping us from assembling, ahem the revolution was created by men drinking and saying we need to have a tea party.

I am very, very, suspicious of them closing bars.... I am wondering if something sinister, is brewing. I see the economy on life support this week, and the markets getting their teeth kicked in. All hands on deck with updates guys.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 09:02 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 09:03 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I sure hope so! Seems thats what other nations are doing. CDC says gatherings 50 or more should be banned for 8 weeks. Well see how long restrictions last

edit on 15-3-2020 by GTlostman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: GTlostman

CDC says gatherings 50 or more banned for 8 weeks.

Source?

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: GTlostman
a reply to: Liquesence

I sure hope so! Seems thats what other nations are doing. CDC says gatherings 50 or more should be banned for 8 weeks. Well see how long restrictions last

Not banned. Recommended I posted the actual cdc link hours ago x.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Hello ATS;

I have been enjoying lurking on this site for many years, but just joined today finally. The reluctance was partly not wanting to reveal private information to join this site...that ship has sailed! The sage comments from people like Phage, TrueAmerican, etc. through earthquakes, potential WW and various dramas were wonderful to read and helped make sense of a changing world.

I joined today because I nearly choked laughing at Butcherguy's comment about the typo on Vatican City numbers being attributed to the Rapture. Brilliant comment sir.

I am a Canadian currently in Colombia. The President of Colombia just shut down all access to foreigners to this country. No sense of panic yet, but reduced public presence on the streets and restaurants. Grocery stores still well stocked with toilet paper and all cleaning items. We have multiple cases in several major cities, but are still coasting on that "don't worry" feeling that seems to evaporate in one to two weeks!

Anyway, thank you ATS for all of your wonderful posts and information over the years. I have been told that living in Canada is like having an apartment above a really great party! It's true.

Thanks for years of knowledge, fun and information.

Stay healthy & happy.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I tell ya the next thing I am worrying about, during this FORCED transition. A bloody natural disaster. Yup hurricane season, is about to ramp up here in the tropics and out in the pacific. We also have tornado season, kicking up in the plains. West coast folks welp earth quakes. I dunno how our psyche will handle something like that. That’s right, natural disasters don’t care about pandemics.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   
New York City mayor orders closure of restaurants, nightlife, cinemas, concert venues

mobile.twitter.com...

edit on 15-3-2020 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join