It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 65
<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Gov. Newsom calls for isolation of seniors, closures of bars due to COVID-19 concerns - VIDEO

Protect our seniors by Isolating them?

The governor said in his update he was calling for the home isolation of all seniors, anyone 65 years of age or older, and those with chronic conditions.

Our Governor gets to decide what is “essential” for the state.

He also called for the closures of bars, nightclubs, brewpubs and wineries to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.

Lots of command decision being made from Mr. Newsome.

Remember when all he did was to allow the power to be shut down for millions of people during fire season last year.
Those were the good old days.

edit on 15-3-2020 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-3-2020 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: JamieJJones
HYPOTHETICAL:

If this all gets really, really bad stock market and bank wise, what do you think will happen?

I.e. they all crash and are worthless - green paper is no more valuable than toilet paper unless we agree it is.

I know Gold and silver are supposed to be stores of value, but realistically - if HYPOTHETICALLY it got to the point where there was no food and you had a tin of baked beans.

Would you swap your beans for a pile of gold or silver?

Cryptocurrecies have got to be even less than useless.

Maybe skills (medical, electrical, mechanical, etc) will be worth more than gold?

Food will be the new currency?

food and seeds have always been the real currency and animal stock too. we are all going back in time now, get used to it

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

we are all going back in time now,

Back to the last recession you mean?

I think that's highly likely.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

We are close to passing recession and may have already stepped into depression..

It all depends on the next few months..

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 08:01 PM
link   

yes, but I don't think the bread lines will be so friendly
here we see chinese fighting old ladies to steal their mask that they just bought
of course, they got their assess kick and bones broke, guess what, no one called the ambulance for them
they were just left on the ground
thats all i know about that
it was on tv here

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Observationalist
Gov. Newsom calls for isolation of seniors, closures of bars due to COVID-19 concerns - VIDEO

Just like Great Britain will be doing (and Italy didn't act on in time)..

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

here we see chinese fighting old ladies to steal their mask that they just bought
of course, they got their assess kick and bones broke, guess what, no one called the ambulance for them
they were just left on the ground
thats all i know about that
it was on tv here

You can make fairly effective pugil sticks out ot a length of PVC pipe and a roll of toilet paper on each end..

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Bread lines? In 2008?

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Manila

first weekday of the lockdown. they are allowing people to travel in and out of the city, if they have valid work. requires both ID and proof of said work. 2 friends just posted from two different entry checkpoints of hours long delays (just think of all the exhaust pollution due to idling), to enter. one has commented that they only have 2 temperature scanners, for the hundreds of motorcycles in his pictures, that are waiting. the other shows pictures with a huge lineup of both cars and motorcycles. seems that things are not working so well. and it leads me to wonder just how many will end up out after the curfew tonight, just waiting at those checkpoints to exit. of course these delays of people entering, will end up affecting pretty much every business they work for, since they are not there. it also means extra hardship, since many people work 12 hour days, 6 days a week. which would impact on the amount of sleep they get if they have to start leaving for work even earlier, and getting home later. which of course would make them more susceptible to getting sick as they wear themselves out.

still missing the background noise of traffic from Edsa which is normally packed pretty tight at about this time of day (9am). and almost no traffic at all on the local roads i live on, which again are normally packed with traffic.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: JamieJJones

HYPOTHETICAL: 

If this all gets really, really bad stock market and bank wise, what do you think will happen? 

I think the President of the US of A is going to declare another national emergency. He is going to use the National Emergency Act and outline his plans to put a halt on trading for an amount of time and possibly freeze all payments and methods of bill collection.

I know it isn't popular here. I know that to do this would entail a lot of constitutional details that I am sure his people are already looking at.

They are not going to let the markets just keep crashing.

Extraordinary measures will be taken to advert the worst crash in history.
edit on 15-3-2020 by liejunkie01 because: Grammar is terrible

edit on 15-3-2020 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01
a reply to: JamieJJones

HYPOTHETICAL: 

I think the President of the US if A is going to declare another nati ok na emergency. He is going to us the Nati ok nal Emergency Act and outline his plans to put a halt on trading for an amount of time and possibly freeze all payments and methods of bill collection.

I know it isn't popular here. I know that to do this would entail a lit of constitutional details that I am sure his people are already looking at.

They are not going to let the markets just keep crashing.

Extraordinary measures will be taken to advert the worst crash in history.

Nati what?

I'm not sure what TF you're trying to say here. Other than maybe Nati being a misspelling of Naughty for a stripper name?

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 08:16 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: clay2 baraka

originally posted by: Observationalist

Just like Great Britain will be doing (and Italy didn't act on in time)..

Is this not like profiling. What we don’t need now is the unchecked cocky ignorance that comes with 30-50year olds who are running our state. We need the wisdom of the older generation to get us through this and to help us head warnings that they have experienced but we can’t see.

They will be seen as week and helpless. Yet they hav even through more are and wiser than we know, they are not a burden.

I saw a post of a the husband of a woman who was stuck in her nursing home with no visitors allowed. It was their anniversary He was standing outside her window with a sign and balloons wishing her happy anniversary.

I cried.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 08:17 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Anybody here horrified by the panic and complete unpreparedness by the 95% of the country? Have we fallen this far? As an example, am a Gen X'er who in the 1970's and 80's had grandparents that taught me always to have food, seeds, ammo, medicine, cash, and coins always on hand; the ability to hunt, garden, fix things and use and reuse them as much as possible until they wear out, and keep anything else you might ever possibly need for at least 3 months (even longer if you can). This takes YEARS, not just a day or two to prepare for.

These grandparents won WWII, survived the Depression and taught us grandkids to fish, garden, make maple syrup, sew, shoot guns, stay at home as Latchkey kids, and basically not depend on anyone else to survive if we can possibly help it. (This coming from a worthless Wall St finance person to boot).

Now, I'm finding out that my Baby Boomer parents (whose parents were my exact grandparents described above) don't know what to do, because the stores have been wiped out.

I'm in complete amazement and somewhat horrified at where this country went wrong, though I've known for some time we sold ourselves out as a nation. Though I thank my grandparents tremendously.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   

<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join