It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 62
<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Well Dow futures liked the rate cut..

DOW FUTURES

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Well, I'm gonna risk it and go enjoy a drive through cheeseburger before that is banned also.

Taking the family out maybe for the last time for a while.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I just hope this isn't true - it's terrifying
a reply to: JamieJJones

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: BowBells

got to keep looking for that thing to keep you going, the odds of everything being over because of this are tiny, so look for that thing to keep you going and we will get through it.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   

According to information in the Sunday Journal , the government is considering complete containment for Ile-de-France and the Grand-Est region. These two regions are those where hospitals are already overcrowded. And, despite the announcements of closings of places "not essential" and receiving the public since Sunday midnight, the sanitary instructions do not seem to be followed, in particular by Parisians as the images below show. Faced with this lack of respect for health regulations, the government is considering the transition to total containment in at least two regions: Grand-est and Ile-de-France, concordant sources indicated to the JDD. These two regions are those where hospitals are already overcrowded. The military could be mobilized to ensure the enforcement of traffic restrictions.

🧐

Next weekend in France it looks like a brave new World.. concerned about what and how these forced containment’s end... Or begin..

Faced with non-compliance with government instructions, a complete containment of the Ile de France and the Grand Est envisaged - Here is what it means in concrete terms

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAZ21
a reply to: MonkeyBalls2

But hold on, China has been at 80,000 for the past month, so that shows it can be virtually stopped with certain measures.

I don’t think the Chinese have stopped this for one minute. Not a chance. Even if they had mostly, once their cities open up again and the worlds workshop grinds back into action it will come again. This won’t be done until it’s done or until a viable, reliable vaccine has been produced. Even then such a vaccine might be almost useless - we shall see.

I think it is reasonable to say that Covid-19 will sweep the globe, have its way with us, and then leave us to pick up the pieces. Best we can hope for is the flattening of the curve enough to keep our health care systems from collapsing under its weight.

Hope I’m wrong.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Large events and mass gatherings can contribute to the spread of COVID-19 in the United States via travelers who attend these events and introduce the virus to new communities. Examples of large events and mass gatherings include conferences, festivals, parades, concerts, sporting events, weddings, and other types of assemblies. These events can be planned not only by organizations and communities but also by individuals. Therefore, CDC, in accordance with its guidance for large events and mass gatherings, recommends that for the next 8 weeks, organizers (whether groups or individuals) cancel or postpone in-person events that consist of 50 people or more throughout the United States.

8 weeks folks. Wonder when major sports come back 🏀 ⚾️ 🏌️ 🏈

CDC Interim Guidance for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

Agoraphobia could save a life.

I started avoiding crowds when concerts got stupidly big. Last one was the Stones in '97.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ARM1968

originally posted by: DAZ21

But hold on, China has been at 80,000 for the past month, so that shows it can be virtually stopped with certain measures.

I don’t think the Chinese have stopped this for one minute. Not a chance. Even if they had mostly, once their cities open up again and the worlds workshop grinds back into action it will come again. This won’t be done until it’s done or until a viable, reliable vaccine has been produced. Even then such a vaccine might be almost useless - we shall see.

I think it is reasonable to say that Covid-19 will sweep the globe, have its way with us, and then leave us to pick up the pieces. Best we can hope for is the flattening of the curve enough to keep our health care systems from collapsing under its weight.

Hope I’m wrong.

China will have a lot of explaining to do... when they stop at 80,000, when Italy or other countries cross the 80,000 mark, especially, when China has so many more people.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: tlearyus
Hey has anyone seen that bloke from Thread 1 and 2 who kept saying this was all a big hoax? What was his username again?

There were a few and they've disappeared. I got a bunch of crap from a few people when I said something about quarantining part of CA (it was a rumor) and they fully insisted that I was nuts to think the US would ever quarantine any city or state. Well..... now here we are only a couple of weeks later and it's a drastically different picture.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   
From The French Live Feed 23h30 :

Florida has apparently let all the people off a cruise ship, without testing them, while one of the passengers was tested positive on the 8th March.
yay for Florida.

www.20minutes.fr...

Miami Herald
edit on 15-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added link

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Sort of makes moot all the no fly from Europe stuff.
Never mind the fact that there seem to be plenty of enough cases already here to maintain the curve.

edit on 3/15/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DAZ21

No.

CCP lying their asses off. I just posted vids in the last 3 days of;

New infected patients denied hospital beds, hospitals full
Nurses saying here are additional cases everyday

They still have more than 750k people under quarantine from what my wife’s family is able to tell us through heavily censored Chinese internet.

It is most certainly still spreading and killing in China.

The CCP is covering it up.

What authority can make them report correct numbers? None.

What incentive do they have for reporting correct numbers? None.

Why would they hide it? To protect their regime, Chinese citizens are super angry, I posted videos of them shouting down the Vice Premier. That is very brave for a Chinese person to do. I’m seeing and hearing more anger than ever directed at the CCP by their own citizens than ever.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Figures for china since 17 November ?? do not make sense still at 80.000 cases???
All this talk of Ventilators could 3d printers not be calibrated to produce the parts needed....they can do heart valves various skin cultures ect ???

link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Bicent

Agoraphobia could save a life.

I started avoiding crowds when concerts got stupidly big. Last one was the Stones in '97.

I hear ya! Back in the early days, Coachella was an amazing weekend festival. You could literally skip across the grounds, or take a nap beneath one of the scarce shady areas. I've been there 7 times (free) thanks to a well-connected friend. I was there 2 years ago, walked out of the world's most disgusting port-a-potty into a literal sea of humanity which took 10 minutes to navigate through 15 meters. Nope, that's all for me and besides shows are too much work.

On a more relevant note; when they cancelled Coachella this year I knew it was TEOTWAKI ('
')
Man, that is a LOT of lost revenue...and to think, its small potatoes with everything else that's been cancelled.
edit on 2020151202000000031 by odd1out because: oh, just a speling revision

edit on 2020151202000000031 by odd1out because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Phage

Sort of makes moot all the no fly from Europe stuff.
Never mind the fact that there seem to be plenty of enough cases already here to maintain the curve.

They've just got off a cruise.
They are going to need to go shopping and get more TP.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01
Well, I'm gonna risk it and go enjoy a drive through cheeseburger before that is banned also.

Taking the family out maybe for the last time for a while.

Lol. Enjoy it

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fingle

China will have a lot of explaining to do... when they stop at 80,000, when Italy or other countries cross the 80,000 mark, especially, when China has so many more people.

Figures for china since 17 November ?? do not make sense still at 80.000 cases???
All this talk of Ventilators could 3d printers not be calibrated to produce the parts needed....they can do heart valves various skin cultures ect ???

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Yep I know! I probably need to step away from this forum for a bit as some people come swooping in with such sensational claims (without anything to back them up) &logically I know to take things like that with a pinch of salt, but actually the world around IS going crazy and people ARE dying..we're seeing things happen that just...well, dont make sense! My mind is struggling to comprehend it all. I'm sure I can't be the only one. I'm so scared for my children.

Anyway.. I'll include an update so as not to derail! UK's youngest victim is a 59 Male. With underlying issues. But i found it unusual to read about..we haven't seen many stories about the ones who have died.

<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join