It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 60
<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Where's the part that says:

the virus will spread less by keeping schools open.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Saturday, secretary of the NSW Department of Education Mark Scott said school closures may actually increase the spread of the virus.
"If you just shut the schools, the kids are all down at the shopping centre or at the playground or at the movies, or perhaps being minded by grandparents or others - that may not actually be helping to limit the speed of the spread of the virus in the community," he told the ABC.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Federal Reserve has dropped rates to 0-0.25 (USA)

From the Briefing

edit : and BBC Live Feed at 21h16
www.bbc.com...
edit on 15-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added link

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

OMFG Phage … all of a sudden, I love you

So true. Schools open = bad. At best, certainly not good, and at worst (1984 style) double plus ungood!

edit on 15-3-2020 by Fowlerstoad because: corrected a one - letter typo

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   
California also shutting Bars etc (Twitter) :

Arash Markazi (@ArashMarkazi)

California governor Gavin Newsom announces that the state's bars, nightclubs, breweries and wineries be closed.

twitter.com...
edit on 15-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added link

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Saturday, secretary of the NSW Department of Education Mark Scott said school closures may actually increase the spread of the virus.
"If you just shut the schools, the kids are all down at the shopping centre or at the playground or at the movies, or perhaps being minded by grandparents or others - that may not actually be helping to limit the speed of the spread of the virus in the community," he told the ABC.

So.. EVERY other country (besides the UK, bless your heart, Boris) is doing it wrong by closing schools?
It seemed to work fine in S Korea, Japan and..well.. China.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Toinski

You also! I've added you as a friend, but you don't show up on the list (yet, likely, had the problem before). In any case, I've made a note of your username to make sure.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   

This was the meme they played over here as well. I will try to look it up in the old news, it was somewhere around 9 days ago.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: clay2 baraka

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

So.. EVERY other country (besides the UK, bless your heart, Boris) is doing it wrong by closing schools?
It seemed to work fine in S Korea, Japan and..well.. China.

Am I missing something here, I think it's a bad idea schools are being kept open, our goverment in all their wisdom say it's a good idea as keeping schools open will help contain the virus...

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Nope. Still doesn't say what you said.

Schools aren't closing here. Yet.
No reason to. Yet.

it's a good idea as keeping schools open will help contain the virus...
They didn't say that.

edit on 3/15/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   
New York City is closing schools /

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   
ERRRRR.

Mike Pence just now "the admiral and our Public Health Service have forged a partnership now with FEMA, that will create a process for all Americans across all states to go to a community based testing site outside of usual health care facilities".

Is this the introduction of the long awaited FEMA camps?

Thoughts...

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Walmarts are running 6am-11am here, i believe that may be pretty widespread. That's weird

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   

What am I missing then, I don't understand what difference there is between school closures may increase the spread and me saying keeping schools open will the virus will spread less.

I think it's madness to keep schools open.
Splitting hairs, contain is the opposite to spread is it not...
edit on 15-3-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thoughtful1
What movie was it where the elite would make human sacrifices to those that remain above ground who survived but are mutants?

The Time Machine - the Morlocks and the Eloi...

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asgaard
a reply to: Toinski

You also! I've added you as a friend, but you don't show up on the list (yet, likely, had the problem before). In any case, I've made a note of your username to make sure.

Extremely off-topic. Bare with me mods.

I can't send you a PM, not permitted. Don't know why. I don't see where I can add you as a mutual friend.

Mod Edit: Toinski, please check your inbox. Thank you.

edit on 3/15/20 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I don't understand what difference there is between school closures may increase the spread and me saying keeping schools open will the virus will spread less.
I do. The former is stated as a possibility and the latter is stated as an absolute.

I think it's madness to keep schools open.
Depends upon the local circumstances. I'm glad my daughter's school is waiting to see what happens locally before deciding what to do after spring break. I think that is a highly rational approach.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   
GW hospital in DC preparing for sharp uptick in cases

We have something like 14 weeks before this thing peaks...

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Update on California :

The state of California is “calling for the home isolation of all seniors” aged 65 and over, as well as all people with chronic health conditions, Governor Gavin Newsom said in a press conference on Sunday afternoon.

Newsom also said California’s bars, nightclubs, and wineries must be closed while restaurants may stay open but must reduce capacity by half.

Newsom said the state was working on how to make sure that California’s 5.3m people aged 65 and over, as well as those with chronic conditions, would have access to meals, water and other essentials while in home isolation.

Newsom said the new policies were designed to keep the most vulnerable California residents safe during the inevitable surge of coronavirus cases that the state is anticipating in the next week. The state of California has only 11,500 beds in adult and pediatric intensive care units, and only 7,587 ventilators currently in hospitals, Newsom said.

From the Guardian Live Feed at 9.39pm

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   
On the subject of schools, my buddy just sent me this today. All SC public schools are closed until the end of March.

www.thestate.com...

<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join