It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   
France is at +924 for the Day, and +36 Deaths according to Worldometer, which isn't far off reality.

www.worldometers.info...

Switzerland is very scary at the moment.
+842 for the day.

Italy, +3590 and +368 Deaths.

Spain and Germany are pretty close, and increasing fast.

edit on 15-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added stuff

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   

MILAN (Reuters) - Italian authorities voiced growing concern on Sunday over how much longer strained health systems could cope with the coronavirus outbreak, as thousands of new cases were recorded over the past 24 hours and several hundred more people died.

More tragic news out of Italy.

Worries grow over northern hospitals as Italy's coronavirus toll grows

How do we report replies?
edit on 15-3-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   
The BBC is reporting that soon everyone in UK over 70 will be asked to stay home for up to 4 months. FOUR MONTHS not weeks.

Link: www.bbc.com...

Watch the video for the 4 months reference
edit on 15-3-2020 by Mamana12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent

Click on the user icon on the left of the post under the user avatar, you will get a dropdown, report..

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Just found this article from a West Cumbria, UK newspaper while browsing Reddit

Exclusive: Sellafield worker has coronavirus

Reddit post
edit on 15-3-2020 by BlueSwan because: added reddit link

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   
The USA will be over 10,000-15,000 by Friday

New York even took the unwanted top spot from Washington , but those are just confirmed cases .

How many people will need to be confirmed infected before regional or national lockdowns begin?

I have no doubts it’s coming .

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: clay2 baraka

originally posted by: Bicent

Click on the user icon on the left of the post under the user avatar, you will get a dropdown, report..

If I click on the little green man (appropriate) then i see "ALERT!".
Is that the equivalent to "Report Post" ?

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyBalls2

Yes. That is the correct button.

edit on 3/15/20 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   
twitter.com...

Real-Time evidence of Flattening the curve by locking down early.
See the Twitter graph

Real-time evidence of flattening the curve. Lodi had the first Covid-19 case in Italy, and implemented a shutdown on Feb 23. Bergamo waited until March 8.
Look at the difference.

edit on 15-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added stuff

link   

originally posted by: XCrycek

originally posted by: JamieJJones
I'm sorry for my snottiness to XIdiot, but this is getting wearing.

At the beginning (in China only) I tried warning people just how bad this is only to get the old "its the flu, the flu is worse, you're a scaremongerer" etc.

In earlier threads you had idiots like Necrose "you're all idiots, I know best, this is nothing, hahaha today I can make the maths fit my nothingburger narrative".

Well I'll tell you AGAIN what I KNOW right NOW:

This is the most contageous, easily spreadable disease that mankind has ever encountered.

It's short and long term outcomes are not known yet.

It does NOT only effect old and ill people - the weakest always die first, and even at very early stages, e.g. Italy with only 20,000 or so infected they have to start making decisions who will get help and who won't - the old and ill get nothing, and they die, which skews the figures to look like it's only the old and ill who die.

Imagine when you have 1 million needing help - who gets the ventilator then? teenagers, 20's - who? the age of death will start to come down soon, and rapidly until everyone can see we can all die.

[no virus only kills the old and makes the young immune - it's ludicrous to even suggest it, it's a way to try and get social acceptance for a course of action in the early stages]

Cody, 7 years old has pneumonia from this and is in isoltaion at University Hospital Hartlepool in a bad way - and yet our government want to infect upwards of 40 million people and spread it via schools where it will take off like a forest fire.

Many will die, including many thousands of children.

The (UK) government will then say "oh but we didn't realise, we were told only the old and ill died (like that matters), so it's not our fault - it was unforeseeable".

They know and they know now.

This is bad, so some idiot trying to make out it's okay to go through a drivethrough because you can't catch it from food is like a big kick in the teeth to all those who will die and all of their families.

It's important to stop such idiotic and irresponsible hyperbole.

Evem here on ATS.

But when someone asks you to provide proof you just continue with your knee jerk I know it all drivel.
You have nothing to backup your claims, NOTHING!

This thing is bad is it is, no need for trolls to spread misinformation. If the Covid spread like you think it is than one infected person could infect millions and millions just by running around stores and lick apples and bananas. Stop the nonsense

Again

But to be clear, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) believes that the coronavirus is spread from person to person mainly through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person sneezes or coughs in close proximity to someone else, not via food consumption.

www.goodhousekeeping.com...

Possibly guilty of a necrotic post there yourself with nothing to back up what you are saying or undermine the poster you’re accusing of the same.

I mean is it fear mongering to say that the UK government is asking car manufacturers and even JCB to switch production to ventilators and they will buy ALL that can be produced? That might end up being a lot of ventilators and it might be nowhere near enough.

To be honest I don’t think anyone, including our politicians, or you, and I include myself, have a clue how bad this could get. People are making seriously silly statements and making incredibly odd decisions.

The numbers are flying up around Europe. The USA is set to explode. I think a little constructive fear at this point is good for us all, without needing to slide into mindless panic or stubborn denial. It isn’t a bad thing to actually open our eyes, it’s keeping them closed that is the danger here.

edit on 15-3-2020 by ARM1968 because: (no reason given)

link   
My neck of the world.

Update: The FDOH website showed one new added case, bringing the current new added total to 40 cases in the state Sunday afternoon. Details on this cases have not yet been released by the health department. Of those new cases, three are here in Southwest Florida. This brings the total positive cases of COVID-19 in the state to: 107 – Florida Residents 7 – Florida Residents Diagnosed and Isolated Outside of Florida 9 – Non-Florida Residents Deaths: 4 Florida residents Number of Negative Test Results: 478 | Pending Test Results: 221

DOH confirms 40 new coronavirus cases in Florida, 3 in SWFL

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide
Cheers for confirming.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The Illinois governor just announced drive through only for restaurants.

Looking for updated links. He just had a press statement.

It's all good though. Construction workers will be the new spreaders. We will stop and get gas and get mugged by the displaced worker that is desperate.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ARM1968

originally posted by: XCrycek

originally posted by: JamieJJones
I'm sorry for my snottiness to XIdiot, but this is getting wearing.

At the beginning (in China only) I tried warning people just how bad this is only to get the old "its the flu, the flu is worse, you're a scaremongerer" etc.

In earlier threads you had idiots like Necrose "you're all idiots, I know best, this is nothing, hahaha today I can make the maths fit my nothingburger narrative".

Well I'll tell you AGAIN what I KNOW right NOW:

This is the most contageous, easily spreadable disease that mankind has ever encountered.

It's short and long term outcomes are not known yet.

It does NOT only effect old and ill people - the weakest always die first, and even at very early stages, e.g. Italy with only 20,000 or so infected they have to start making decisions who will get help and who won't - the old and ill get nothing, and they die, which skews the figures to look like it's only the old and ill who die.

Imagine when you have 1 million needing help - who gets the ventilator then? teenagers, 20's - who? the age of death will start to come down soon, and rapidly until everyone can see we can all die.

[no virus only kills the old and makes the young immune - it's ludicrous to even suggest it, it's a way to try and get social acceptance for a course of action in the early stages]

Cody, 7 years old has pneumonia from this and is in isoltaion at University Hospital Hartlepool in a bad way - and yet our government want to infect upwards of 40 million people and spread it via schools where it will take off like a forest fire.

Many will die, including many thousands of children.

The (UK) government will then say "oh but we didn't realise, we were told only the old and ill died (like that matters), so it's not our fault - it was unforeseeable".

They know and they know now.

This is bad, so some idiot trying to make out it's okay to go through a drivethrough because you can't catch it from food is like a big kick in the teeth to all those who will die and all of their families.

It's important to stop such idiotic and irresponsible hyperbole.

Evem here on ATS.

But when someone asks you to provide proof you just continue with your knee jerk I know it all drivel.
You have nothing to backup your claims, NOTHING!

This thing is bad is it is, no need for trolls to spread misinformation. If the Covid spread like you think it is than one infected person could infect millions and millions just by running around stores and lick apples and bananas. Stop the nonsense

Again

But to be clear, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) believes that the coronavirus is spread from person to person mainly through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person sneezes or coughs in close proximity to someone else, not via food consumption.

www.goodhousekeeping.com...

Possibly guilty of a necrotic post there yourself with nothing to back up what you are saying or undermine the poster you’re accusing of the same.

I mean is it fear mongering to say that the UK government is asking car manufacturers and even JCB to switch production to ventilators and they will buy ALL that can be produced? That might end up being a lot of ventilators and it might be nowhere near enough.

To be honest I don’t think anyone, including our politicians, or you, and I include myself, have a clue how bad this could get. People are making seriously silly statements and making incredibly odd decisions.

The numbers are flying up around Europe. The USA is set to explode. I think a little constructive fear at this point is good for us all, without needing to slide into mindless panic or stubborn denial. It isn’t a bad think to actually open our eyes, it’s keeping them closed that is the danger here.

We don't know, but there is no room for making up claims you can't back up. There is no proof what so ever that you can catch CoVid by eating a burger you bought through a drive through or an apple you bought in a store for that matter. If people start spreading misinformation than more people will lose jobs because of rumors. I never said CoVid isn't dangerous. Read through my posts.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: elitegamer23

I also am coming to the conclusion of a lockdown quarantine, the older population in my state is already demanding it. The old rich people in Florida hold the chips.
edit on 15-3-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

I could have missed it, but from the reading I could do it seems like once the lockdown goes into effect then the numbers really go south.

As people sit in their homes marinating in their infection.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   
From The BBC live Feed at 20h19 :
White House to have a "News Conference by the Coronavirus Task Force" at 17h00 EST (21h GMT)

Edit : Youtube Link www.youtube.com...

www.bbc.com...

And just a quote from the same news item :

the Governor of Illinois, JB Pritzker, said on Twitter last night that “the federal government needs to get its s@#t together”. (As a postscript, he added: “NOW.”)

edit on 15-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added link

top topics

<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join