It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 57
<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Got a story, from Greece, I translated for us.

Currently, 51 patients with coronavirus are hospitalized, and 8 are hospitalized in hospitals in Athens, Thessaloniki and Patras. All receive antiviral treatment.

SOURCE

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: JamieJJones

Stop spreading false information please. Between you and the guy not considering fomite or fecal oral routes, you're both wrong.

Virus binds through ACE2 receptors which increase in number as we age or develop comorbidities to protect tissue because ACE2 levels drop as we age. How can a virus be worse in populations with decreased binding sites? ACE2 also protects tissue from inflammation, including lung tissue so in older or chronic populations, the disease will be worse.

Kids have many things going for them including less receptors and more protective ACE2 available, it's why they usually get less severe infections and spread this thing.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   

In China, where COVID-19 was first discovered, people talk about feeling anxious and angry after being locked down for weeks. Online support groups from other parts of China help them manage stress.

A short podcast interview about wuhan residents under quarantine.

How Are Wuhan Residents Coping Mentally After 7 Weeks Of Quarantine?

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Elementary schools will indeed be safe for the kids, considering the age related mortalities from COVID19 so far, but not so much the teachers and other adult staff. IMHO

And, since kids go home … the adults at home and any elderly family there will also be vulnerable in the end.

edit on 15-3-2020 by Fowlerstoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Our trusted YouTube doc’s new video for today. DR. CAMPBELL

France, just announced death toll risen from 91 yesterday to 120 today.

TWITTER
edit on 15-3-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   
3 more confirmed cases in my state (total sits at 8) - my spouse says their friends were still going to the bars on friday night and everybody thinks it's fine (at least in the millennial/generation Z crowd).

www.healthvermont.gov...

I mentioned previously one of my buddies just went with his girlfriend to FL which has over 100 cases.

Hoping my employer finds a way to actually close down rather than "encouraging" employees to work from home

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Two US ER doctors now in critical condition:

Today we received word that two of our ACEP members are in critical condition as a result of COVID-19. An emergency physician in his 40s in the state of Washington presented with symptoms consistent with the COVID-19 syndrome. A 70-year-old member in New Jersey has tested positive for the virus. I am deeply saddened by this news, but not surprised. As emergency physicians, we know the risks of our calling. We stand united with our colleagues and our thoughts and prayers for a full and speedy recovery are with each of them and their families.

talkingpointsmemo.com...
edit on 3/15/2020 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   
69 new cases in LA county..

TWITTER

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   

www.buzzfeednews.com...

These Charts Show How The US Coronavirus Outbreak Compares To Those In Other Countries

The charts below compare timelines of the outbreaks in some of the worst-affected countries. “Day zero” in each country is set as the date on which the count of confirmed cases, compiled by researchers at Johns Hopkins University, passed 100. They will update on a daily basis. (Dates are defined in Coordinated Universal Time, which is four hours ahead of US Eastern Daylight Time.)

This is Buzzfeed so I don't know if its accurate.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Serbia just declared state of emergency, schools, kindergartens, colleges closed..
Military to guard hospitals, super markets, pharmacies...
ATM 48 infections with no fatalities.
edit on 15-3-2020 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
DEATH RATE

80+ years old
21.9%
70-79 years old
8.0%
60-69 years old
3.6%
50-59 years old
1.3%
40-49 years old
0.4%
30-39 years old
0.2%
20-29 years old
0.2%
10-19 years old
0.2%
0-9 years old
no fatalities

Young kids have nothing to worry about, not one has died, IMR is 0%. SMR now that is scary.

To a certain extent age groupings are an artificial construct. For example, a 70 year old in excellent health may have a higher chance for survival versus a 55 year old in poor health given all other factors being equal. There is little difference between a 69 year old and a 70 year old. The age groupings are somewhat a proxy for health conditions, living arrangements, social supports, etc. Great for discussions but the percents are not an absolute by themselves.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   

NO NO NO! Kids are going to die and in their droves. WAKE THE F UP!

Facts talk, BS walks. Why are you being such a sensationalist? These types of comments are part of why a lot of people are unnecessarily freaking out.

Where is the proof that young children are going to "die in droves"? There's none. Cut it out

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

NO NO NO! Kids are going to die and in their droves. WAKE THE F UP!

Facts talk, BS walks. Why are you being such a sensationalist? These types of comments are part of why a lot of people are unnecessarily freaking out.

Where is the proof that young children are going to "die in droves"? There's none. Cut it out

What evidence is there that they won't that only the old and ill will die, and young people are "invincible" (as I saw one idiot MD put it).

Name 1 virus ever in history that only effects old people and cant harm younger people with weaker immune systems.

Name any virus in history where the old and weak die soonest.

The former: none.

The latter: all.

I do not want to gamble with anyones life, let alone children.

We're supposed to be in charge - the adults - so we need to start acting and talking like them, instead of children believing in the magic virus fairy that protects children everywhere.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

Yeah, stress (and in some cases, boredom) do that..

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   
A woman in Colorado has tested positive after a 2 week vacation in Hawaii.
www.hawaiinewsnow.com...
edit on 3/15/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Attention please.

Stick to the topic and please do not discuss one another in personal jabs and attacks.

Alert posts that are disruptive rather than replying or engaging please.

Caps lock is not your superpower.

Thank you.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Ohio Governor Mandates closure of Bars and Restaurants

COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine will be issuing an order to close all bars and restaurants Sunday night at 9 p.m. to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus. During a press conference, Gov. DeWine added that establishments can stay open for carry-out and delivery but what we can't have is people congregating and seating. "I'm aware that this will impact many, many good workers. I can't tell you how sorry I am, but we will work to mitigate the suffering," DeWine said. "It is our goal for everyone to get through this."

www.10tv.com...

top topics

<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join