It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 56
<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DirkDiggler2

We hit up a large box sporting goods store for ammo yesterday as well. The shelves weren't bare of ammo, but I've never seen them so low. During the time we browsed slowly there were several other people moving in and out of the aisle as well. One lady had picked up quite a few boxes of various kinds. The counter where you purchase guns was full of people. I kinda attributed it to tax time, but I'm not sure really.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Can anyone tell me why the MSM says don't wear a mask?

The simple surgical type masks are mainly used by someone who is infected, to keep from spreading it to others. They are not useful as protection against infection.

The ones with the filters are not something the average person will be able to wear properly - even pros have a difficult time doing so.

(post by JamieJJones removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Here is a link, for everyone if you want to hear About pandemic after lockdown. scanner worldwide for police, fire, etc.

SOURCE
edit on 15-3-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Thoughtful1

Welp if its so contagious as to catch it on a breeze in my back yard with nobody near me, then we are all going to catch it cause the vast majority of people dont have a house that doesn't get air from outside in some way shape or form, and certainly dont have the scrubbers to remove it from the ventilation system.

So I am not going to worry to that degree because there is nothing I can do about it.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   
DEATH RATE

80+ years old
21.9%
70-79 years old
8.0%
60-69 years old
3.6%
50-59 years old
1.3%
40-49 years old
0.4%
30-39 years old
0.2%
20-29 years old
0.2%
10-19 years old
0.2%
0-9 years old
no fatalities

Young kids have nothing to worry about, not one has died, IMR is 0%. SMR now that is scary.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
DEATH RATE

80+ years old
21.9%
70-79 years old
8.0%
60-69 years old
3.6%
50-59 years old
1.3%
40-49 years old
0.4%
30-39 years old
0.2%
20-29 years old
0.2%
10-19 years old
0.2%
0-9 years old
no fatalities

Young kids have nothing to worry about, not one has died, IMR is 0%. SMR now that is scary.

NO NO NO!

Kids are going to die and in their droves.

WAKE THE F UP!

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   
One other thing for people to consider before freaking over the numbers, most young people are not going to the doctor because of the flu, most military people are not going to the doctor over the flu (on a normal day) many folks are just going to shrug and say meh just the flu medicate and sleep it off.

so yes the fatality rate looks horrific like lead to societal breakdown type bad, but all the people who are shrugging it off will never be tested which will continue to make the bad cases look worse than they are.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: JamieJJones

Maybe if it mutates from what it is now, but if none have died up to this point, it's a massive overreaction.
Elementary schools would be much safer than a hospital or a seniors home.
edit on 15-3-2020 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   

DEATH RATE

80+ years old
21.9%
70-79 years old
8.0%
60-69 years old
3.6%
50-59 years old
1.3%
40-49 years old
0.4%
30-39 years old
0.2%
20-29 years old
0.2%
10-19 years old
0.2%
0-9 years old
no fatalities

More than 50% of the French Intensive Care patients are under 60.
Are they the World numbers, or a specific location ?

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Local video @ SEATLE ground zero for there corona pandemic. Skip to 40 sec. mark.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   

edit on 15-3-2020 by Bicent because: DP

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Who says it’s a over reaction? 🤦‍♂️

You? Should label that your opinion, instead of trying to make people feel bad for taking it serious.

👍

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Come on now.....
This thread is for Corona Virus UPDATES!!!
...not chit chat, political trolling, bigoted comments, medical advice,
ill-mannered remarks toward members or arguing....

Some NON-UPDATE threads here, feel free to join in:
Events and services impacted by Coronavirus

COVID-19 Coronavirus home prevention tips

Cures DB2]: Flu Immunity and Cytokine Prevention

Are you doing anything differently because of Coronavirus?

...or peruse these.

Diseases and Pandemics:: Medical Disclaimer
This thread is NOT for discussion of alternative medical treatment of illnesses!!!

Members who continue to disrupt will face temporary posting bans. ATS will not allow the few to ruin it for everyone.

Go after the ball not the player.

Community Announcement re: Decorum

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility WILL face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Federal authorities are warning consumers about fake home-testing kits for the coronavirus after customs agents intercepted a package at Los Angeles International Airport filled with vials labeled as COVID-19 test kits.

www.wsfa.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   
For those who mistakenly think anything from CCP is true here is a video of a Wuhan Virus patient being denied entry to a hospital due to no beds available. This was taken March 13 and the patient was denied by another hospital previous to this video.

Jennifer Zeng Twitter

CCP is just outright lying at this point.

I still think whatever is in Wuhan is not what we are getting. I think this was released after whatever happened in Wuhan. I’m not downplaying the severity however.

I think the US Govt will shutdown this coming week and my prediction is the stock market will be closed to stop the margin calls.

link   
Just came home from out and about. I'm in Milwaukee.

Filled up the gas. Walgreens was dead. One pharmacist manning the counter. VERY unusual for a Sunday. Heard him say they were heavily backlogged filling prescriptions.

Grocery store was normal. Out of commercial bread, leaving the yummy bakery bread untouched. Score! Nom nom nom. More for me.

Out of sweet potatoes. Soy milk was decimated.

Saw no masks, but people were distancing as advised.

link   

The COVID-19 outbreak has been a confusing time for Americans, but one thing has been glaringly clear: The U.S. is way behind when it comes to testing people for the coronavirus. Despite the fact that last week, Vice President Mike Pence promised that “roughly 1.5 million tests” would soon be available, an ongoing Atlantic investigation can confirm only that 13,953 tests have been conducted nationally. New York, which has shut down Broadway and has at least 328 coronavirus cases, is still failing to test patients who have worrying symptoms. As late as March 6, a busy clinic in Brownsville, Texas, a border city of nearly 200,000 whose population crosses back and forth from Mexico frequently, told me they could test only three people. By comparison, South Korea, which has one of the largest outbreaks outside China, is testing nearly 20,000 people a day.

It’s a day old but interesting story. Some sad testing facts.

The 4 Key Reasons the U.S. Is So Behind on Coronavirus Testing

link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: Willtell
Can anyone tell me why the MSM says don't wear a mask?

The simple surgical type masks are mainly used by someone who is infected, to keep from spreading it to others. They are not useful as protection against infection.

The ones with the filters are not something the average person will be able to wear properly - even pros have a difficult time doing so.

Yes. You can catch a virus through your eyes and nose ...so masks are useless (better then nothing but still) in prevention. They are great for the ones who have virus but not for others.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   

a reply to: JamieJJones

Maybe if it mutates from what it is now, but if none have died up to this point, it's a massive overreaction.
Elementary schools would be much safer than a hospital or a seniors home.

And you know this from what?

You are subconsciously absorbing what the MSM say and reguritating it as fact.

Come back in 2 weeks, you won't be saying the same thing then.

Remember page 56 of thread no5.

Lets talk again on 01/04/2020 - April fools day - ironic and appropriate.

top topics

<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join