It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 371
<< 368  369  370    372  373  374 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   

She also mentioned that two men were letting themselves into her house in the evening, and roaming around the house until late at night!!!

Really hope you manage to get to the bottom of this and she is safe.
I'm so scared of people breaking in here. My next door neighbour is a drug dealer and on numerous occassions over the last few years her customers have mistaken my house for hers.

'Despicable' shoppers caught on camera licking their hands and wiping them on food and fridge doors

Police have arrested two people after CCTV captured two men licking their hands in a supermarket and wiping them over meat, fresh produce and fridge handles. The images were released by police of the shoppers, who entered the Sainsbury's store in Lancaster Road, Morecambe, Lancashire, at about 1.45pm on Saturday. Amid the ongoing coronavirus crisis, the store was thoroughly disinfected and the food had to be destroyed, said police.

Why? Why are so many people doing this? It's disgusting

edit on 9-4-2020 by BlueSwan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueSwan

Ahem. Did they mention their origin of birth? Asking for a friend.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueSwan
Why? Why are so many people doing this? It's disgusting

Because......clickbait.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
Starting everyone on vaccines could be the beginning of a synthetic evolution of humanity.
Scary dystopian times however synthetic DNA has a lot of potential to be something really exciting.

Ummmm... yeah, no thanks, I'll stick with what God/the universe gave me...

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

Which means that the numbers we see really are the tip of the iceberg and that (like Cuomo admitted earlier) there's a lot of illness and death that's not being counted that are caused by COVID-19.

Also, it means the R0 is on the same order as polio. A worrying statistic to me.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777
Anyone else find this conflicting and confusing?

Not at all. It has been repeated many times that the simple masks are only really useful for preventing the spread from people who are sick. If you are sick, you wear the mask, it stops your coughs/sneezes from spreading the virus. Simple.

The respirator type masks are different - yes they can provide some protection to the wearer, but only if the prescribed protocols are followed, and most people can't or won't follow them, so they provide little to no real protection to the average user, only a false sense of security.

I will be wearing a mask and gloves when I go out shopping. I think i'll be wearing them for months to come, just like the chinese.

What a waste of money all this CCTV HAS BEEN in the end... if we have to wear these masks for the next 10 years.

As long as you don't insist that others bow to your irrational fears and be forced to wear one too, that is fine by me.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

Yeah, we are running at close to 9% deaths ratio.

No. We're not. Stop the fear-mongering please.

USA 's ratio has been climbing, at its highest I think it was around 3.8% a couple of days ago, but it has gone down again, currently at 3.4%, and the downward trend will likely continue until it settles on the real rate, which will likely be less than 1%.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: BPilgrim
New paper from the CDC
5.7!

You do realize this means it isn't nearly as deadly as the fear-mongering would have us believe, right?

What it means is a very large number of people either have it or have had it while remaining either totally asymptomatic, or having only minor symptoms before fully recovering.

So, a high RO at this stage is good news.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jaellma
a reply to: Byrd

NY said they have recently stopped counting in-home death numbers (accounting for approx 200+ daily deaths). That's why there has been a recent dip in the reported numbers. I also suspect NJ following that process, all due reportedly to lack of resources.

They are trying to change that policy as more resources come in to make sure they count those who died at home when they can. They just couldn't handle the load when things really started going nuts.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 08:46 AM
link   
From The French Live Feed :

- 14h52 : " About one Hundered Doctors have died from Coronavirus in Italy "

The Press Service of the National Federation of the Order of Doctors and Surgeons, spoke to AFP today, to say that " We have the number of Doctors that have died as a result of COVID-19, and it's 100, maybe even 101 by now. "

From the BBC Live Feed :

- 15.35 : " England reports 765 new coronavirus deaths "

NHS England has recorded 765 new deaths in hospital from coronavirus.

It said that 140 of them occurred yesterday, while 568 took place between 1 April and 7 April.

The remaining 57 deaths took place in March, including two on 19 March and one on 16 March.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Update from the Netherlands 09/04/2020 @ 16:14 (GMT +1).

Total cases 21.762 (+1.213)
Hospitals 7.972 (+237)
Deads 2.396 (+148)

Source:
www.rivm.nl...

The numbers are getting down, so they say, personally I don't see a decline. Steady but no decline.

Press conference from our PM:
www.youtube.com...

Look @ 13:20 into the clip. Don't touch your face dear PM, if they cannot get to the basics of their own rules lol. This thing is a joke, all the measures taken are pretty out there.

This whole social bla die bla, I cannot take this much longer. Eventually I will go out, enjoy the sun. I cannot work, because not allowed. The walls are getting pretty close .....

Then there is this little thing of a preson called Klaas Dijkhoff, which stated we should all stay home, don't see nobody until there is a vaccin. Say what??? How long does that take Klaas?

No vaccin will ever help, I repeat did we create a perfect vaccin for the flu or a cold? No we didn't. Always different strains and mutations. Why think this will work now. If we are unlucky as a humanity this will hit us hard at the end of this year. Then they will call it COVID-20 lol.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   

For those of you blinking at the scientific word salad there, the summary is something like this: "After going back and looking at all the data (and data is clearer when we've got a few months or years of history) it appears that (on the average) one person with an active case of COVID-19 (whether they're very sick with it or show no symptoms) can carry the disease and infect an average of 5.7 (nearly six) other people"

Which means that the numbers we see really are the tip of the iceberg and that (like Cuomo admitted earlier) there's a lot of illness and death that's not being counted that are caused by COVID-19.

Or...

There are a whole lot more infected that remain totally asymptomatic or only have minor symptoms then achieve full recovery.

I maintain that this is the much more likely scenario, since thi thing has been in the wild sine at least November.

There is also considerable evidence it has been in the wild much longer, and the longer it has been in the wild, the more favorable the numbers are with respect to infectious rate vs CFR.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Social distancing should be much greater if you are out exercising......
Out exercising

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Update: April 10,2020 Thursday (evening time)

Toyota to extend North America plant closures. Wow, this is not good news at all.
Toyota Motor has decided to extend the closures of its plants in North America for another two weeks, through May 1, as the coronavirus outbreak slashes demand for cars.

Toyota's 13 production bases in the United States, Canada, and Mexico were originally supposed to be shut down from March 23 to April 17, amid the spread of the coronavirus.

The Japanese carmaker has also decided to lay off all of about 5,000 temporary workers at nine plants in the US.

Nissan Motor said it will temporarily lay off about 10,000 workers, but it has promised to rehire them once its plants in the US reopen

Tokyo today: 144 new coronavirus cases in Tokyo on Thursday. That's the largest daily increase so far.
More than 1,300 people have now tested positive across the capital, which is home to around 14 million people.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

Also, it means the R0 is on the same order as polio. A worrying statistic to me.

A better analogy might be smallpox, which also has an R0 of 5-7 and is transmitted by airborne droplets. (link to slide with some common R0's for diseases)

And now that I look at it, even the mortality figures appear to be similar Thankfully the huge difference is that we have modern medicine and we can expect a vaccine soon. Sadly, because we have modern transportation, the spread and impact has gone global much more quickly than it did for smallpox.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

A better analogy might be smallpox, which also has an R0 of 5-7 and is transmitted by airborne droplets. (link to slide with some common R0's for diseases)

And now that I look at it, even the mortality figures appear to be similar Thankfully the huge difference is that we have modern medicine and we can expect a vaccine soon. Sadly, because we have modern transportation, the spread and impact has gone global much more quickly than it did for smallpox.
What does this mean/imply?

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   
pass

edit on 9-4-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
Out exercising

Rainbows
Jane

Thanks for the link, it's information many overlook, feeling safer because they are outdoors or in constant movement.

In Italy we do it a bit differently... Just always stay ahead. What's behind us is not important.

Sorry, I know it's silly.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Encia22

originally posted by: angelchemuel
Out exercising

Rainbows
Jane

Thanks for the link, it's information many overlook, feeling safer because they are outdoors or in constant movement.

In Italy we do it a bit differently... Just always stay ahead. What's behind us is not important.

Sorry, I know it's silly.

This is one of my favorites! I say this to myself (and my dog) whenever I get in my car.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Smithfield Foods is 100% Chinese owned according to wiki. Also the largest pork producer. Another place China needs to be stopped. Owning our food supply companies, right here in the USA.

top topics

<< 368  369  370    372  373  374 >>

join