It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 370
<< 367  368  369    371  372  373 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Sorry to hear that MiM. I hope they take proper precautions and your mother doesn't get infected. My best wishes to your mom and your family.

I think this hasn't been posted yet.

From article: Link:

Chinese researchers have raised the possibility that a new subtype pathogen of Covid-19 that has low toxicity but with prolonged ability to infect others might have occurred after observing a rare case in which the disease appeared to be “chronic”, pointing to the possibility of a mutation.

The researchers warn there may be more “chronic infected patients” who carry the infection into their surroundings and trigger an outbreak.

A middle-aged man whose symptoms were not severe appears to have formed a “dynamic balance” with the coronavirus after an extremely prolonged illness lasting 49 days, Chinese military researchers reported in a preprint article on Medrxiv.org last week.

The patient had been observed to have both a high Covid-19 viral load and, at the same time, his immune cell indicators had remained stable.
“The virus and the host may even form a symbiotic relationship,”

Stay safe.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: Byrd

You say the death rate is 13% does that mean if you get it, theirs a 13% chance that you will die?

It means that the new number is higher than the old number by 13%

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 11:24 PM
link   

You say the death rate is 13% does that mean if you get it, theirs a 13% chance that you will die?

Depends on how you count the "death rate". CFR - case fatality rate..... is what the virologists, doctors, etc., look at but it's not calculated the way Byrd did. It's calculated by dividing the deaths into the number of known cases. If you go to the site at the link below it shows the calculation for you. TX is at 1.9%. The US is running now at 3.4% (that's 30x higher than the flu CFR). The BNO site often posted here also shows the CFR but not for individual US states.

coronavirus.1point3acres.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
Ok there is a lot of information about synthetic DNA and how it is being used to create a vaccine for the coronavirus/corvid 19.

Starting everyone on vaccines could be the beginning of a synthetic evolution of humanity.
Scary dystopian times however synthetic DNA has a lot of potential to be something really exciting.
If a vaccine becomes mandatory I could foresee a new race of post humans developing a lot of abilities depending on who is the designer of the synthetic DNA.

www.facebook.com...
Coronavirus vaccine to be developed from digital DNA sequencing

The Synthetic Biology Companies Racing To Fight Coronavirus
www.forbes.com...

COVID-19 Symposium: Synthetic DNA as a Vaccine Approach for EID | Dr. David Weiner

As Synthetic DNA Is Being Researched, Ethical Questions Arise
Ethics are being questioned over a project to make synthetic genetic code at Harvard Medical School.

We Could Back Up The Entire Internet On A Gram Of DNA
Nature's code for life is stored in DNA, but what if we could code anything we wanted into DNA? Scientists are figuring out how.

Yeah, and I'm sure nothing could possibly go wrong.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: pasiphae

Depends on how you count the "death rate". CFR - case fatality rate..... is what the virologists, doctors, etc., look at but it's not calculated the way Byrd did. It's calculated by dividing the deaths into the number of known cases. If you go to the site at the link below it shows the calculation for you. TX is at 1.9%. The US is running now at 3.4% (that's 30x higher than the flu CFR). The BNO site often posted here also shows the CFR but not for individual US states.

coronavirus.1point3acres.com...

I'm not doing death rate. I'm doing "how much higher is it than yesterday." That (a comparison) tells me if the rate is going up at an accelerated pace or if the pattern of increase has changed.

Looking at the slope of the line.
edit on 8-4-2020 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 11:43 PM
link   
President Trump will stop funding the WHO. Investigations are underway to how the WHO helped China cover this mess up months ago.... the poop is going to start getting real soon. There are reports that also Italy will charge China with war damages.

youtu.be...

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Cydonia2012

That would be awesome. I hope every country in the world does the same, even though this could bring a WW3 and the Chinese people will end up suffering for a good period of time if it ends up badly, all of us too. But changes are like that if they are done in a bad manner. The scenario that is currently cooking up could end up in a repetition of the Treaty of Versailles. We all know how that ended.

The best "punishment" IMHO would be to bring back to our countries all those industries. We need to change the economy. FTA's shouldn't include most finished goods. They should only include raw materials and products that the country of destiny doesn't manufacture or has a low output of this goods. Also the countries of origin of manufactured goods included in the FTA's should have similar wages and workers rights as the country of destiny. To keep a healthy competition and improve living standards.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: musicismagic

Considering the entire justification for the lockdowns and stay-at-homes and government picking and choosing what businesses are essential and what ones aren't and are forced to close hinges heavily on the fact that infected are asymptomatically virulent for a varied number of days prior to exhibiting symptoms, there's likely no recourse for you as it would be nearly impossible to prove the facility allowed a worker in who was exhibiting symptoms or running a fever. It's actually a huge flaw in their logic... they use the asymptomatic as the reason to order most to stay home, but then they tout how everyone in essential jobs is getting temperature checks prior to being allowed to start their shift... well, by the time they're running a temperature, they've already been shedding the virus for a day, 2 days, a week even while at that same job.

I absolutely agree with you on this point. The asymptomatic spread of this disease severely limits the effectiveness of temperature checks.

All the more reason that EVERYONE should be wearing masks for the time being.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Update Apr.08/20
Wuhan Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) Global Cases (by JHU CSSE)

gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com...#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Canada *** Total= 17,897 ***
10,031-Quebec, 5,276-Ontario, 1,336-British Columbia, 1,423-Alberta,
271-Saskatchewan, 221-Manitoba, 13-Grand Princess, 108-New Brunswick,
232-Newfoundland & Labrador, 342-Nova Scotia 25-Prince Edward Island,
5-Northwest Territories, 7-Yukon

coronavirus.1point3acres.com... USA & Canada Updates

www.worldometers.info...

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 01:39 AM
link   
80 employees have tested positive for COVID-19 at Smithfield Foods

ARCGis gives the following stats for Sioux Falls (where Smithfield is located)

Minnehaha, South Dakota, US
Confirmed: 228
Deaths: 2

And an important datapoint: New York City says it will be counting suspected cases as well as confirmed cases

This will give a slightly more accurate count, I think. Given the poor rollout of tests, the data we see is somewhat misleading.

edit on 9-4-2020 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 02:20 AM
link   

NY said they have recently stopped counting in-home death numbers (accounting for approx 200+ daily deaths). That's why there has been a recent dip in the reported numbers. I also suspect NJ following that process, all due reportedly to lack of resources.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Data from Italy, april 7th, see Report sulle caratteristiche dei pazienti deceduti positivi a COVID-19 in Italia. It is in italian but the graphs are easy to understand.

60% of the 15000 death are from one region in northern Italy. Only 1/6 of the population and 1/12 of the area.
So most of the country, especially southern Italy has very low death numbers (1% in those regions). A place to be for all "empty hospitals" hunters.

Most of the death are over 70 years old. Of those, nearly 62% had more than 3 other pathologies. Astonishing, only 39% had a cough before being hospitalized, 76% had fever.

Nothing realy new, but was there other ways to handle this crisis? Sure afterwards it is always easier to draw conclusions.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Herd immunity ain't gonna work IMO as two more people in this article had been cured then released only to come back down with the Virus. newsletter.thaivisa.com...

The woman, 38, had also returned from overseas in March and was found to be infected with the novel coronavirus. She was admitted to Phyathai 2 Hospital in Bangkok and completely cured. Then she decided to return to her hometown.

However, from April 3-5 she became sick again and went for a test. The result showed that her throat was infected with Covid-19.
Another case was a 42-year-old construction worker who returned from Qatar on April 2.

Thailand is reporting 54 new cases for a new total number of 2,423, however with 940 people who have been treated and discharged my question is how many will be reinfected or were never virus free in the first place. newsletter.thaivisa.com... .

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I was teaching my students online last night. Her husband is an English teacher to Chinese children but he teaches them remotely from London. He teaches classrooms, not individual students. Last night she said he is getting more and more requests from schools to teach English as THE SCHOOLS ARE STILL SHUT! This is the update she sent me this morning....
"Apparently chinese schools are looking to open up again on 26 april but need government confirmation. Schools in wuhan are still shut too."
........so if China and Wuhan claim to be open....why are the schools still shut? How are people able to work if the schools are shut???

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: redpassion

Couldn't agree with you more. Hopefully the US and the rest of the world learned a lesson from this. The environmentalist will have a screaming fit, but bring the industries back home where they belong.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Here's a little update for NY. Last night we were at 149316, this morning we are at 151171:
www.worldometers.info...

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: redpassion

Thank you very much.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
I was teaching my students online last night. Her husband is an English teacher to Chinese children but he teaches them remotely from London. He teaches classrooms, not individual students. Last night she said he is getting more and more requests from schools to teach English as THE SCHOOLS ARE STILL SHUT! This is the update she sent me this morning....
"Apparently chinese schools are looking to open up again on 26 april but need government confirmation. Schools in wuhan are still shut too."
........so if China and Wuhan claim to be open....why are the schools still shut? How are people able to work if the schools are shut???

Rainbows
Jane

That doesn't fill me with confidence for the UK. If the official numbers are anything to go by, then we'll be lucky to get ours back by September!!

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 06:08 AM
link   
From Guardian Live Feed :

- 8.53am : " China showing increasing concern over Asymptomatic cases, ordering closer monitoring and reporting of Cases "

China is showing increasing concern over asymptomatic cases of Covid-19, ordering closer monitoring and reporting of “silent” carriers of the virus.

According to a report in the People’s Daily, a State Council body has issued directions that screening for such cases – where people are diagnosed with Covid-19 and are infective even though they develop no symptoms – must be stepped up.

Close contacts of confirmed cases, people involved in cluster outbreaks, and travellers from high-risk areas should all be targeted, the report said.

It said medical institutions were now ordered to report such infections online to disease control departments within two hours of detection, and an epidemiological survey completed within 24 hours. The survey includes an investigation of the patient’s contacts.

China has only been including asymptomatic cases in its daily tallies this month. They are an estimated 18-31% of cases, according to Shanghai-based infectious disease doctor Zhang Wenhong.

- 8.58am : " Russia reports record one-day increase of cases, 1,459, bringing the national total to 10,131 "

Rumours in France that the lockdown will be prolonged unti mid May.
We are certain that it will last until end of April, even though the 'official' date is 15th April.
Macron is to talk to the Nation on Monday.

------------------------------------------

At home news : Spent Yesterday finishing the yard work with Dad and the chainsaw (12 minutes).....thats done, and won't be coming back out. Thank F** for that!

This morning, the old lady over the road (in her 80's and lives alone, has trouble walking etc...) came round and said she was having phone trouble.
Her message inbox was completely full, and people haven't been able to get in touch with her.
She also mentioned that two men were letting themselves into her house in the evening, and roaming around the house until late at night!!!
They were apparently coming in thru the garage doors downstairs, so i've put the bars on that so it can't be opened again from the outside, with or without the keys.
Also called the Mayor to come round and see her, as he is the designated person to keep an eye on her.
It's a really small village, we all know each other, and he will have a better chance to find out if these Men are real, or imaginary.
I looked round the house quickly and can't see that anyone has been rummaging thru her stuff, so I have my doubts.
She says they've been coming in for the past week or so, over the back fence that goes out over the fields.
I'll leave it up to the Mayor to decide whether to call the Gendarmerie or not, and will be chatting with him later, after he's popped round to see her.

Don't forget to keep an eye and an ear for any of your old neighbours or friends, especially if their phone message is full.
There are Bastards in this world who will take advantage of this situation!

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 06:15 AM
link   
From BBC Live Feed :

- 12.21 : " Japan reports biggest daily rise in cases (503 new cases) "

The 503 cases, including 144 in the capital Tokyo, bring the total number of cases in the country to 5,002.

The figures come a day after the country imposed a state of emergency across several provinces and cities, including Tokyo.

But pictures from our reporters on the ground yesterday showed large groups of people gathering in smoking areas, and commuters still heading to work as per normal.

- 12.49 : " Covid-19 fuels a surge in fake medicines " (More at the Article) :

More and more fake medicines linked to coronavirus are on sale in developing countries, the World Health Organization (WHO) has warned.

A BBC News investigation found fake drugs for sale in Africa, with counterfeiters exploiting growing gaps in the market.

And last month police officers from Malaysia to Mozambique confiscated tens of thousands of counterfeit face masks and fake medicines, many of which claimed to be able to cure coronavirus.

The WHO has said that taking these drugs could have "serious side effects". One expert even warned of "a parallel pandemic, of substandard and falsified products".

top topics

<< 367  368  369    371  372  373 >>

join