It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 343
<< 340  341  342    344  345  346 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

If this is just a winter and flu season thing, then how do you explain Ecuador and Brazil been hitted so hard? Is autumn in this part of the world now but is pretty hot still. South America locked down in time except Brazil and Ecuador had a football game like Italy that is considered the focus of spread there.

There are young people without an immune system compromised that died or needed intensive care to survive.

And in Sweden last week 2,000 doctors and public-health experts signed an open letter calling on the government to go further.
edit on 5-4-2020 by CafeconLeche1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666
a reply to: cirrus12

No it isn't really dangerous. It's less dangerous than previous flus. It has the most coverage ever and the most fear mongering but now we know that this is really not different.
You have to stop listening to MSN now. They lie. Literally, they lie to you and want you scared.

Were you scared in 2017?
Because more people died during that flu season than have so far of this one.

It just wasn't reported like this.

Please use your brains people, it will harm your immune system to worry so much. In teh UK cases are going down because flu season is over.
By the time they have a vaccine, the virus will have either gone away for another year or mutated or whatever. Something that has happened for all of human and animal history.

If you are alive now, all your ancestors survived every epidemic and pandemic there erver was, even the bubonic plague.

We have to stop pedalling the 'really dangerous bit'. It isn't any more dangerous than any flu or any virus before.

What is dangerous is the restrictions and the penalties that keep people in. Suicides will go up and more deaths will happen because of depression lack of VIT D and the following recession, lack of medical availability for other ailments and poverty. Deaths that actually could and can still be prevented if we stop flapping our arms.
By being so gullible, you are indirectly responsible for these deaths. Is that not worrying?

Sweden has never had a lockdown and they have similar numbers to Germany. Holland will follow letting people back out again. And the prediction is that NOWT will happen differently than every frigging year past or future.

WHO 2017 about flu in general:
www.who.int...

Did you stay in that year? did you grass up healthy people who just behaved normally then?
Did we get all tracked by phone?
NO, because there was no fear mongering.

Because this is not anything different. Get a grip and STOP with this unnecessary fear spreading.

So i take it you're a qualified medical professional, to be telling people its not worth bothering about.
Would you like to go and see the authorities and tell them that ?
Or any Medical professionals ?
You're making the problem worse, because people will believe you, and not stay inside, or in their Gardens.
This will then prolong the containment for the rest of us who are listening, and understand how bad this is.

And yes, back in 2017, you were all tracked by Phone, and before that.

We still have no idea if a Vaccine is even possible.

To quote your post : "Please use your brains people"
Start at home first, cheers.

edit on 5-4-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added gardens.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   
From Gua rdian Live Feed :

- 2.36pm : " Sweden prepares measures amid concern over 'soft' approach "

Sweden’s government is drawing up new legislation to allow it to take “extraordinary steps” to combat Covid-19, local media have reported, amid concern that its relatively soft approach may be leading to a higher death rate than in other Nordic countries.

Denmark and Norway are among the many countries to have imposed tough lockdowns, closing borders and shutting schools, and Finland has isolated its main urban area around Helsinki. But Swedes are still able to shop, go to restaurants, get a haircut and send children under 16 to class.

On Sunday Sweden reported a total of 401 deaths so far from Covid-19, and acknowledged delays in reporting mean the actual number is likely to be considerably higher. The figure was up 8% from Saturday and is greater than the totals of the other three Nordic nations combined.

edit : More here at the Link
edit on 5-4-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added edit

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: CafeconLeche1

They have not been 'hitted' [sic] hard. The are hit badly, but not more than other 'bad' flu seasons.
Maybe reports are more during this hysteria, the way people count those that apparently have it is inane and makes for scary numbers that are just not true.

Here is [yet again] a post from the WHO in 2017 [3 years ago].
www.who.int...

We are not even up to that number yet!

Also if there are more this year with this virus, it's called a 'bad flu season'. Nothing different apart form fearmongering and hysteria this year. It must be sad not to be able to see through all this lies because of a lack of information.

But don't spread any more fear.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   
How do you know more people died of the flu in 2017 when we are just in April 2020? I bet in the first 4 months of any year died less people of anything than during the previous year all 12 months.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   

No it isn't really dangerous. It's less dangerous than previous flus. It has the most coverage ever and the most fear mongering but now we know that this is really not different.

What are your medical qualifications to make the above statement?

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   

You really have no idea. My girlfriend is an NHS nurse of more than 20 years. She is literally terrified from what she is seeing and also how many colleagues are becoming ill. This is not just the flu and frankly you should be ashamed with what you are saying. My girlfriend has no agenda, she is just scared and has never seen anything like this.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Well, here's this mornings NY count. Yesterday we were 113704 today we are at 114775 Looks like worldometers changed there graphics:
www.worldometers.info...

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Were you scared in 2017?
Because more people died during that flu season than have so far of this one.

So you're saying that more people died in the whole of 2017, than they have so far this year by CV?

Cool story bro

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Sorry about my English, my teacher was lazy and I didn’t think should botter learning other languaje.

Well, we should agree to desagree then because I never hear of Ecuador dumping bodies in the street during flu season, but that just me. And in Argentina I don’t remember people getting the flu in the summer and spreading and killing people so fast, when the flu season should start in June. But that just me to.

Wish you are right.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Let me know if you can find an example of a flu season that directly killed hundreds of doctors, nurses, and paramedics.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

Let me know if you can find an example of a flu season that directly killed hundreds of doctors, nurses, and paramedics.

I got this.

1918 Spanish Flu season.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: FinallyAwake

originally posted by: checkmeout

originally posted by: FinallyAwake
Just read this Sky News article from today, and there is a paragraph that says this;

There has been a suggestion that those who survived the virus could be tested and issued with "immunity certificates", allowing them to return to work. These could be especially useful for healthcare workers but they also raise questions.

There's no mention at all about reinfection, let alone 'deaths' from reinfection.

How do they not know about this?

news.sky.com...

The same way they don't know that you can be infectious past 7 days.

Really?? (genuine intrigue) I thought it was common knowledge that you can be infectious for 10 days after recovery?

I don't follow the MSM, so I might have just read it here somewhere.

The people making policy and statements aren't super geniuses, and I am not excusing their lack of and delay of important information, but they are ordinary people with ordinary people aides and interns compiling the latest data and info.

The fact that the CDC just put out a statement that they have "learned" you can transmit "presymptomatic" in addition to "asymptomatic" (duh) shows how the people at the top are only good at compiling knowledge and not necessarily good at, or have the time for critical thinking.

It took me a little while and lots of frustration to understand how this stuff falls through the cracks. We have a resource here (ATS) with a lot of time on their hands compiling information and littered with people capable of thinking clearly. They have people without technical skills compiling what they think might be useful and passing it on to people who don't have time to search for or learn about anything. They are busy trying to put out fires.

Again, I'm not excusing any of it, but I think most of the delayed info (weeks, sometimes months -- some incredibly embarrassing) is just due to the kinds of people compiling the info and not so much about intentional misinformation. That said, there have definitely been some intentionally poor recommendations that were clearly done to control panic and hoarding, which were made contrary to evidence.
edit on 5-4-2020 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

originally posted by: Tamsuan

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: ShortBus

Won't the virus just start spreading again?

Most models show a spike toward the end of the year, yes. But not as long lived a spike. The assumption is that natural immunity will become more of a factor. This first go, no one has immunity. Next time, a good percentage of the population will.

How firm is your expectation that people will acquire immunity to this? The common cold (rinovirus/coronavirus) keeps coming back through mutation, doesn't it? HIV stays in the infected person and continues to cause problems.

With all the unknowns around this virus, I don't think we can assume that it will behave like measles.

An jazz artist entertainment friend of mine in Georgia has recovered from Covid19. The CDC even drew blood from him to research it for antibodies. They also gave him a certified letter of release from his stay at home isolation order. So I am guessing that the CDC believes one does create immunity and is not a carrier after recovering.

Edit add: email responses from Georgia Dept of Health
...(removed for space - see quoted post)

From his various conversations, he was advised he is immune and no longer has to worry about face mask or gloves. He has offered to get essentials and necessities for folks in his area with this reassurance that he is now immune and not a carrier.

The unfortunate thing, is that the CDC is basing this off of wishful thinking rather than any evidence. It is possible and even somewhat likely that there will be a longer term immune response, but so far, not enough time and evidence to know and even some evidence to the contrary.
edit on 5-4-2020 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

Food for thought there, thanks 👍🏻

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Sweden is hardening their restrictions. They are allready in trouble and and death toll is rising everyday due the lack of restrictions and open borders. Our neighbor country has asked food from our country because they are only 50% self sufficient in food production.
Sweden is closing harbours, shopping centers and restaurants. The Swedish government has passed a bill that would give it completely exceptional powers in Sweden to curb the corona epidemic..

Your info is old.
edit on 5-4-2020 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Update: Trudeau to talk to Trump about COVID masks after White House bars export

Just hope that level head will prevail

We know it is in both of our interests to work collaboratively and co-operatively to keep our citizens safe and that's very much the tenor of our conversations and I'm confident that we're going to get there."

He highlighted that thousands of medical workers who live in Canada work every day in the United States, helping to treat novel coronavirus patients in America. He also noted Canada supplies the U.S. with many key COVID-19 supplies including pulp for surgical-grade N95 masks, test kits and gloves.

Trudeau plans to use these examples to ensure the American president understands the inter-connectedness of supply chains and the importance of keeping all goods and services flowing freely between the two countries.

"We recognize that our countries are deeply interlinked in sometimes very complex ways. The necessary goods and services back-and-forth across our border keep us both safe and help us on both sides of the border," Trudeau said.

"We are continuing to engage in constructive discussions with different levels within the administration to highlight that the U.S. will be hurting itself as much as Canada will be hurting if we see an interruption of essential goods and services flow back and forth across the border."

www.albertaprimetimes.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   

No it isn't really dangerous. It's less dangerous than previous flus.

Generally speaking people don't need a ventilator or supplemental oxygen to recover from the flu.

You don't get it and never will. I've seen a lot of this lately, and I think it's probably a coping mechanism in dealing with the covid-19 situation.

This isn't about some affront to your personal freedoms, it's about saving lives, specifically the elderly & high risk.

The casual disregard for human life, while not entirely surprising, is definitely disheartening.

We're talking about fathers, mothers, aunts, uncles, grandparents, WWII vets.

A little compassion for them in these times is appropriate considering we all owe someone older a debt of gratitude whatever the reason may be.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Update for those watching the Live Briefing in the UK on BBC, like me, they say they didn't get a feed.
The BBC Live Feed Here did seem to have the info, and said at 16.04 that the briefing had started.
They also had the slides available....

edit : this is their (BBC) explanation :
" Television broadcasts of the latest daily coronavirus briefing by the UK government were delayed, meaning viewers missed the opening 13 minutes.

In response to questions being raised as to why, the BBC's Newsdesk and Planning editor has responded:

People asking why we (and everyone) missed the first few minutes of @MattHancock 's briefing -
This was because a Wallbox in Downing Street failed.
There’ll be a refeed as soon as the press conference finishes - and we'll bring you those missing minutes on @BBCNews

Those 'opening' 13 minutes were the whole briefing.
We got in, at somewhere in the middle of the questions....
(Lots of swearing at the telly...lol)
edit on 5-4-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added edit

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Nucleardoom
Ventilators have always been used to help flu patients. Yes, only the very, extremely ill, just like with covid. I was looking for how many flu patients needed ventilators in recent years and ran across this little gem. Note the year. One could argue NY has always known they needed more and planned for it in '07 but apparently never followed through. But to act as if flu patients never needed a ventilator before this year would be incorrect.
www.cidrap.umn.edu...

I agree with the coping mechanisms. We shouldn't really bash each other over how we are choosing to cope. I believe I likely had this in the winter. I am aware that could be a self pacifying notion because it makes me less afraid of ' getting it' now. I am also aware that I could be wrong. Thinking the latter is a lot scarier.

edit on 5-4-2020 by schmae because: spacing

<< 340  341  342    344  345  346 >>

join