It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 341
<< 338  339  340    342  343  344 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Tamsuan

And that I've been calling the "silent panic" and the words from our politicians are "soft toning " it. Working us all right into it slowly. How will it work out. I hope it won't look like the streets of skid row in Los Angeles.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Sure, everywhere you go you'll run into good people and others not so good. Thailand is not perfect, I suppose, but I'm quite happy here and from my point of view, things were getting better until this virus came along.

Governments everywhere face a "damned if you do and damned if you don't" situation in their attempts to deal with the pandemic. Right now, going by results, Thai authorities seem to be handling things relatively well. These fleeing returnees will be forced into quarantine (I think it's at a naval base). I'm just guessing but I'd say if they behave themselves they should get off lightly. We have friends who have been tasked with tracking down contacts of suspected Covid-19 cases, advising them to self-quarantine.

My kids are in Canada which anyone might suppose is an advanced society, but the rapid escalation of infection and deaths there is quite disturbing. Canadian authorities were caught napping, I think.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Texas numbers

Confirmed cases -- deaths
6110 ...................105

Dallas:

confirmed cases -- deaths

Per Texas Tribune

Daily data on the number of cases in Texas is reported by the Department of State Health Services. On March 24, the agency said it changed its reporting system to track case counts directly from counties instead of relying on official case forms, which come in later and were causing the state’s official count to lag hundreds behind other tallies.

www.texastribune.org...

The state doesn't have a consistent policy, leading to clashes between counties and cities.

The cold front (and rain) caused one drive-through testing site to close early The numbers as seen above should not be considered to be extremely accurate.
edit on 4-4-2020 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Tamsuan

Thanks for understanding of any misunderstanding. I truly wished that the wife would have been more open about living in Thailand 10 years ago. Again thanks.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

The chart says "missing or pending data" so I suspect that the more recent numbers are not as correct as the older ones.
Yes, within that part of the curve. So, assume the worst case, that those pending tests are positive. What does the curve show? That testing has declined? That cases have declined? If testing has declined, is it because there has been a decline in cases showing sufficient symptoms for testing?

I think the most likely explanation is, indeed, noise. But I can hope to be wrong.

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend.

edit on 4/4/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 11:49 PM
link   
First Presumptive Case of Encephalitis Linked to COVID-19 Reported

Clinicians from Henry Ford Health System in Detroit, Michigan, have reported the first presumptive case of acute necrotizing hemorrhagic encephalopathy associated with COVID-19.

"As the number of patients with COVID-19 increases worldwide, clinicians and radiologists should be watching for this presentation among patients presenting with COVID-19 and altered mental status," the clinicians advise in a report published online March 31 in Radiology.

The rest is behind a paywall.

Encephalitis is inflammation of the brain. The severity can be variable with symptoms including headache, fever, confusion, a stiff neck, and vomiting. Complications may include seizures, hallucinations, trouble speaking, memory problems, and problems with hearing.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Update Apr.04/20
Wuhan Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) Global Cases (by JHU CSSE)

gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com...#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Canada *** Total= 14,011 ***
6,896-Quebec, 3,630-Ontario, 1,203-British Columbia, 1,181-Alberta,
230-Saskatchewan, 194-Manitoba, 13-Grand Princess, 98-New Brunswick,
195-Newfoundland & Labrador, 236-Nova Scotia 22-Prince Edward Island,
4-Northwest Territories, 6-Yukon

coronavirus.1point3acres.com... USA & Canada Updates

www.worldometers.info...

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 01:41 AM
link   
www.greenevillesun.com...

A Greeneville physician has been hospitalized with COVID-19 and is among the 16 Greene Countians now confirmed to have the illness, also known as the coronavirus.

Dr. Daniel Lewis, chief medical officer for both local hospitals, is now hospitalized after testing positive for the virus, Ballad Health officials confirmed during a media briefing Thursday.

Here is an update from another locale doctor regarding Dr Lewis, copied from FB.
~Philip Thwing, MD
April 4 at 12:44 AM ·
UPDATE: Dr Lewis is improving, though still hospitalized for a few more days.
Of note, he never really had a cough even though pneumonia was clearly visible on chest Xray. He had some abdominal complaints, but his primary symptom was FEVER. Unremitting fever for several days that could barely be beaten back with Tylenol.
The fever seems to have broken (hopefully for good) now.
He is getting Hydroxychloroquin & Zithromax as a part of his treatment.

``````````````````````
All of the doctors that are getting ill really worries me.
-------------------------------

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: lostsock

Indeed very concerning doctors are getting this virus too.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Dr. Drew has had this video taken down several times on copyright infringement grounds. I think he should be disqualified from ever giving a medical opinion on anything going forward. He's probably the direct cause of a lot these people saying "the flu is worse" and not taking it seriously. It would be one thing if he just admitted he was wrong, but walking it back isn't acceptable.

edit on 5-4-2020 by asdfas because: typos

edit on 5-4-2020 by asdfas because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I reported on March 23 that Thailand had a jump from 599 to 721 cases and I expected the numbers to seriously increase.

Like I said in the previous post many of the tourist spots are shut down to include Bangkok which closed just about everything except grocery stores and food courts in the malls. Millions can not work so instead of starving they are returning to family who live outside the shuttered areas. I expect the reported infected to really start to increase all over the place..

newsletter.thaivisa.com...

The latest numbers raised the total in the Southeast Asian nation to 2,169 cases. Twenty three people have died in Thailand since the outbreak first emerged in January.

It does not take a psychic to see this was coming..

Hummm maybe I should apply for "Psychic to the throne" work from home and only make predictions when I feel like it.. Monetary remuneration should be substantial and my own private aircraft with maintenance, fuel, and of course my own helicopter for when I needed to get in touch with my inner psychic self...or what ever the psychics claim they need to do ? hahahah

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: BPilgrim
First Presumptive Case of Encephalitis Linked to COVID-19 Reported

Clinicians from Henry Ford Health System in Detroit, Michigan, have reported the first presumptive case of acute necrotizing hemorrhagic encephalopathy associated with COVID-19.

"As the number of patients with COVID-19 increases worldwide, clinicians and radiologists should be watching for this presentation among patients presenting with COVID-19 and altered mental status," the clinicians advise in a report published online March 31 in Radiology.

The rest is behind a paywall.

Encephalitis is inflammation of the brain. The severity can be variable with symptoms including headache, fever, confusion, a stiff neck, and vomiting. Complications may include seizures, hallucinations, trouble speaking, memory problems, and problems with hearing.

Here's a non-paywalled link:
pubs.rsna.org...

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Just read this Sky News article from today, and there is a paragraph that says this;

There has been a suggestion that those who survived the virus could be tested and issued with "immunity certificates", allowing them to return to work. These could be especially useful for healthcare workers but they also raise questions.

There's no mention at all about reinfection, let alone 'deaths' from reinfection.

How do they not know about this?

news.sky.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Oneida county NY update. We went from 79 to 86.:
www.wktv.com...

UTICA, NY - Fewer cases of the coronavirus to report from Oneida County Saturday. In his daily press briefing, Oneida County Executive Anthony Picente reported that seven new positive cases have been reported, bringing the total to 86. Out of the 86 positive cases, 12 patients are being hospitalized in Oneida County, and two have been admitted to hospitals outside of Oneida County. There have been two fatalities linked to the coronavirus in Oneida County.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mamana12
I'm watching todays White House press briefing. Trump is now referencing the 100 million dead number from the Spanish flu and saying that was the worst in history and this is the worst since then. He is using a technique called anchoring. This looks to me as if they are laying the groundwork for a number of deaths in the millions. By referencing 100 million dead from the last major pandemic of this kind, it makes a number in the low millions seem as if we got off easy this time around when they finally tell us to expect that number and draw a comparison to the Spanish flu while breaking the news to the public. He is using the highest estimated number of deaths from the Spanish flu as the comparison, and he is doing so deliberately. The Spanish flu is generally thought to have killed up to 50 million I believe, with 100 million being the outlier number. The fact that he is now using that 100 million number as a reference point tells me that he is anchoring the public to that high number so that we are all familiar with that high number when they break the news of the real numbers to expect in a few weeks.
Agree this is both managing the expectations & prepping the minds of the people for bad news and based on Italy's population and infections/deaths it looks like the numbers, excluding the exponential factor or 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, for the US will be proportionate when all is done and on current figures as follow which suggests much greater as the Italy numbers continue to grow:-

Italy population = 60,000,000
Infected = 125,000
Deaths = 15,300

% Infected = Infected/Population% = 0.2%
% Death of Infected = Deaths/Infected% = 12.24%

US Population = 331,000,000
Current Infections = 312,000
Current Deaths = 8500

% Current Final Infected = 331,000,000*0.2% = 689,583
% Current Final Deaths = 689,583*12.24% = 84,405

As Italy's numbers continue to grow so will the US's. So if Italy end up with 250,000 infected you can double the above US numbers and that does not include the exponential factor which if it was x4 then you could be talking 700,000 to 1,000,000 deaths.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: FinallyAwake
Just read this Sky News article from today, and there is a paragraph that says this;

There has been a suggestion that those who survived the virus could be tested and issued with "immunity certificates", allowing them to return to work. These could be especially useful for healthcare workers but they also raise questions.

There's no mention at all about reinfection, let alone 'deaths' from reinfection.

news.sky.com...

The same way they don't know that you can be infectious past 7 days.
Except when you're the prime minister..
Anyone seen Chris Whitty lately?

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 04:28 AM
link   
What's with these news reports that people are lining up outside to be tested? When I'm sick with the flu I'm at home laying in bed, not outside lined up somewhere. This is total BS.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Interesting video from a Dr in New York....

NYC Dr....

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
Interesting video from a Dr in New York....

NYC Dr....

Rainbows
Jane

Everyday we get a slightly clearer picture. Where are we heading with this.....and what does what this clearly experienced and articulate Dr is saying imply?

There are 2 different viruses at work, hence the mild symptoms and the hospitalisations?
And was one released Conv19 to hide the other?
Also, note the SEA nations (S Korea, Taiwan, Thailand etc not has impacted as those in the west, US, UK, EU.

This video is potentially dynamite.
edit on 5-4-2020 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: checkmeout

originally posted by: FinallyAwake

news.sky.com...

The same way they don't know that you can be infectious past 7 days.

Really?? (genuine intrigue) I thought it was common knowledge that you can be infectious for 10 days after recovery?

I don't follow the MSM, so I might have just read it here somewhere.

<< 338  339  340    342  343  344 >>

join