It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 339
<< 336  337  338    340  341  342 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Vermont update: 461 confirmed cases and 20 deaths (up from 389 cases and 17 deaths), pretty significant jump but that's because the vt health website says some cases weren't counted previously (fewf):

** One report was received on 3/22/2020 and not counted until 4/3/2020 and is now reflected in the cumulative. One report was received 3/23/2020 and not counted until 4/3/2020 and is now reflected in the cumulative.

www.healthvermont.gov...

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   
It's good to see Londoners taking the lockdown seriously...
www.newsflare.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Yeah. There are gaps in getting results so there are periods of "catch up." Best bet is to interpolate a bit.

Hawaii is over 300 as of yesterday.
health.hawaii.gov...
edit on 4/4/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Coronavirus patients were mistakenly admitted to the hospital ship Comfort, the Navy said.

When the Navy hospital ship U.S.N.S. Comfort arrived in New York this week, officials intended to use the huge white vessel to treat non-coronavirus patients in order to relieve crowded hospitals onshore. But on Saturday Defense Department officials made a startling admission: Several patients suspected of having the coronavirus had been mistakenly taken aboard the ship on Friday, a move that could have big ramifications for efforts to keep the ship free of infection. The patients “were screened on the pier and then tested on board,” the Navy said in an email. “They were immediately isolated and then transferred” to the Javits Convention Center in Manhattan, which began accepting patients with Covid-19 symptoms. In an email, Defense Department officials stressed that the Comfort “continues to focus on treating non-Covid patients.” But officials indicated that the ship, having been exposed to the virus, could soon begin treated infected patients in an official capacity.

www.nytimes.com...-730e4048

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I'm watching todays White House press briefing. Trump is now referencing the 100 million dead number from the Spanish flu and saying that was the worst in history and this is the worst since then. He is using a technique called anchoring. This looks to me as if they are laying the groundwork for a number of deaths in the millions. By referencing 100 million dead from the last major pandemic of this kind, it makes a number in the low millions seem as if we got off easy this time around when they finally tell us to expect that number and draw a comparison to the Spanish flu while breaking the news to the public. He is using the highest estimated number of deaths from the Spanish flu as the comparison, and he is doing so deliberately. The Spanish flu is generally thought to have killed up to 50 million I believe, with 100 million being the outlier number. The fact that he is now using that 100 million number as a reference point tells me that he is anchoring the public to that high number so that we are all familiar with that high number when they break the news of the real numbers to expect in a few weeks.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I can't remember if I read about this here last night or if it was somewhere else

Coronavirus: Anti-parasitic drug Ivermectin kills COVID-19 in lab within 48 hours

An anti-parasitic drug available throughout the world has been found to kill COVID-19 in the lab within 48 hours. A Monash University-led study has shown a single dose of the drug Ivermectin could stop the SARS-CoV-2 virus growing in cell culture. “We found that even a single dose could essentially remove all viral RNA (effectively removed all genetic material of the virus) by 48 hours and that even at 24 hours there was a really significant reduction in it,” Monash Biomedicine Discovery Institute’s Dr Kylie Wagstaff said on Friday.

7news.com.au... ium=social&tid=1585919375004

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: pasiphae
I can't remember if I read about this here last night or if it was somewhere else

Coronavirus: Anti-parasitic drug Ivermectin kills COVID-19 in lab within 48 hours

An anti-parasitic drug available throughout the world has been found to kill COVID-19 in the lab within 48 hours. A Monash University-led study has shown a single dose of the drug Ivermectin could stop the SARS-CoV-2 virus growing in cell culture. “We found that even a single dose could essentially remove all viral RNA (effectively removed all genetic material of the virus) by 48 hours and that even at 24 hours there was a really significant reduction in it,” Monash Biomedicine Discovery Institute’s Dr Kylie Wagstaff said on Friday.

7news.com.au... ium=social&tid=1585919375004

Replying to myself because if anyone wants to read some more info on this I found this tweet thread that is informative (used threadreader to put it in one place)

threadreaderapp.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: pasiphae

Ok. But in vitro is, in vitro.
A start.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: cirrus12
www.newsflare.com...

Wow, social distancing at it's finest.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Financial Times Charts from John Burn-Murdoch, more info at the FT Link :

edit on 4-4-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added "more info"

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissBeck

www.newsflare.com...

Wow, social distancing at it's finest.

At least they weren't all huddling together.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Toilet paper is starting to show up in local grocery stores here in Kansas City area and not just for an hour in the morning. Even brands like Charmin are available. Eggs were also pretty thin for awhile, but are back and milk we never had an issue with.

My question to everyone...

I know the lockdown will help the virus not spread as bad and it also gives time for them to find a possibly solution (meds) that will help fight this virus, but at some point, they will have to lift the shutdown.

Won't the virus just start spreading again? Then at some point have to lock down again? Or will they give up trying to slow it down and just say... lets get it over with so we can go on with life, of those who are left.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ShortBus

Won't the virus just start spreading again?

Most models show a spike toward the end of the year, yes. But not as long lived a spike. The assumption is that natural immunity will become more of a factor. This first go, no one has immunity. Next time, a good percentage of the population will.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShortBus
Toilet paper is starting to show up in local grocery stores here in Kansas City area and not just for an hour in the morning. Even brands like Charmin are available. Eggs were also pretty thin for awhile, but are back and milk we never had an issue with.

My question to everyone...

I know the lockdown will help the virus not spread as bad and it also gives time for them to find a possibly solution (meds) that will help fight this virus, but at some point, they will have to lift the shutdown.

Won't the virus just start spreading again? Then at some point have to lock down again? Or will they give up trying to slow it down and just say... lets get it over with so we can go on with life, of those who are left.

I think you will see a "soft lift" of the lockdowns. Slowly get things moving. I would imagine that there would still be distancing of 6 ft. for months. Maybe testing to see if you had the virus and recovered, before returning to work. Still sanitizing everything for a while. It is not going to be all at once, and it should limit the chances of a resurgence to more local levels so it can be contained.

I think the President is a bit too optimistic still. I don't think we are going to be packing into sports arenas any time soon.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   

www.newsflare.com...

If coronavirus is not killing as many people as the flu, why treat it like it's worse than the flu?

So-called experts keep saying that they do not know enough about covid-19, so accept that there is now one more threat to human life in our environment, and go on about living your life as normal.

For most people, Common Sense will win out over the worst case scenario Doom Cryer's who permeate the airwaves.
edit on 4/4/2020 by carewemust because: Google Voice typing still has a long way to go.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: ShortBus

Won't the virus just start spreading again?

Most models show a spike toward the end of the year, yes. But not as long lived a spike. The assumption is that natural immunity will become more of a factor. This first go, no one has immunity. Next time, a good percentage of the population will.

How firm is your expectation that people will acquire immunity to this? The common cold (rinovirus/coronavirus) keeps coming back through mutation, doesn't it? HIV stays in the infected person and continues to cause problems.

With all the unknowns around this virus, I don't think we can assume that it will behave like measles.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I introduced myself on thread 2, page 125.

UK military, rural North.

As I have mentioned many times. I am deliberately vague, about my role, location etc.

UPDATE:

Work: I and the location I am stationed at are not involved in MACA because of the locations national defence role (although a small number of personnel are and on standby). Plans at my location have changed, that is how the location continues to carry out its critical defence role. Nothing interesting and the changes came about because most personnel can to sent home to isolate. Our working routine has changed a great deal and is all about mimising any potential exposure to the threat (virus), we think of it as an agent (just military speak). Our location is much quieter and continues its role. Those here in the UK will be aware that the forces are assisting MACA throughout the country but there are still OPs on standby that have not been stood up. The Ghurka Engineers did an amazing job in London working 12hr shifts. I have mates in other locations/cap badges involved in tankering, stores and site allocation. What they tell me and what I'm seeing/hearing on TV are different. The PPE is being distributed. I don't know if there is enough, if it's the right kit or not getting through to those who need it from the hubs or drop off locations. I don't believe the government when they say it's a distribution problem (although in fairness the gov don't state which part of the supply chain is at 'fault'). We are an Island, the forces are more than capable of delivering what's needed to where it needs to go. Something somewhere is not right. I think it's a combination of slightly not enough, some of it isn't that good and teething issues (such as those who are responsible ordering it not doing things right etc).

Home: Been prepared for months. All healthy and well. Where we are there are no shortages in the shops and it is much quieter than normal. Glad we live rurally and have everything we need. Wider family all good.

Opinion: It's nothing to do with 5G but 5G is an issue of its self and not good for health generally. We are not seeing any panic or shortages and neither are our wider family (some of whom live in busy towns). I'm more of the opinion that this is man made and at work we have speculated that this could be warfare by other means. But then we are military and think the worst that way. Unprecedented times.

Not much change from my last update. I can't see much happening at work other than personnel 'going man down' with the virus in the future. That and those on MACA standby being detailed off as and when. I think it will be mostly changes on the domestic front.

In the mean time look after each other and remember, we will get through this.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Tamsuan

How firm is your expectation that people will acquire immunity to this?
Not ginormous.

The common cold (rinovirus/coronavirus) keeps coming back through mutation, doesn't it?
Yeah, but perhaps that's why it doesn't kill many people, it's been around for a very long time. Not complete immunity, but enough to keep it from running rampant in the body. There seems to be that sort of effect with influenza to a degree as well.
www.healthline.com...

HIV stays in the infected person and continues to cause problems.
Yeah, it does. But I think the big problem with HIV is that can destroy the immune system entirely. Maybe the fact that it's a retrovirus has something to do with it as well. I don't know.

With all the unknowns around this virus, I don't think we can assume that it will behave like measles.
So, if we assume it can't, then what?
edit on 4/4/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Thanks for the update. Glad to hear you're well and all's good.
I agree, there must be something up in the supply chain regarding PPE - what and how is unclear. Certainly not an issue getting it TO the hospitals, but what they are ordering and where from is an issue most likely.
Many think it could be man made or some sort of warfare, but whether we will actually ever know the ins and outs is another story. Either way it is taking a toll on not just healthcare systems and people but the economy - the long term damage could very well manifest in social unrest/chaos.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

www.newsflare.com...

If coronavirus is not killing as many people as the flu, why treat it like it's worse than the flu?

So-called experts keep saying that they do not know enough about covid-19, so accept that there is now one more threat to human life in our environment, and go on about living your life as normal.

For most people, Common Sense will win out over the worst case scenario Doom Cryer's who permeate the airwaves.

Sorry but where have you read that this virus is not killing as many people as the flu??? Do you have a link for that because you're really really really wrong. When has the flu ever caused NYC to have to have refrigerated trucks for bodies? WHEN have 600 people in NYC died in ONE DAY?? That has never happened. Ever.

<< 336  337  338    340  341  342 >>

join