It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 338
<< 335  336  337    339  340  341 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Update for NY. This morning we are at 103476 now I see we've jumped up to 113704 over ten thousand since this morning crazy and 3565 that have died:
www.worldometers.info...

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Corona virus patients delivered to USNS Comfort "by mistake". Mistake my a$$.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Had to go to my local Home Depot Today.

When we entered it seemed like the small but normal early morning crowd.

When we left not even 30 min later there was a queue set up outside and a long line waiting to get in.

Seems kind of useless as almost everyone was crowded in the paint aisles and garden area. Patio furniture and decor purchases aren't allowed though, they were roped off.

We didn't run into anyone in the back of the store.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: InterplanetaryHobo
a reply to: mikell

I have been watching Michigan's numbers for the last few days. I am personally perplexed as to why MI is so high, in comparison to the other states.
NY, and NJ are high density states, with NYC right there in the middle of them. CA is a highly populated state. FL is a concerning state with the Spring Break, and with FL higher senior population. MA is a densely populated state. And LA had the Mardi Gras, which I personally attributed to their numbers.
But Michigan?

Because it's got one of the most active airports in the US and a huge urban center? You know -- Detroit?

Yeah. The greater Detroit area has most of the population and most of the deaths and illnesses. Check it out on the COVID maps.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: InterplanetaryHobo
a reply to: mikell

I have been watching Michigan's numbers for the last few days. I am personally perplexed as to why MI is so high, in comparison to the other states.
NY, and NJ are high density states, with NYC right there in the middle of them. CA is a highly populated state. FL is a concerning state with the Spring Break, and with FL higher senior population. MA is a densely populated state. And LA had the Mardi Gras, which I personally attributed to their numbers.
But Michigan?

www.freep.com...

tight ties with the CCP. Keep watching. Until people, states, and nations make the rational clear choice to break ties, things will be rough for those on the fence, much less those with close ties. Wonder why Taiwan and HK have less than 10 deaths combined? They made their stance 100% clear.

Michigan has benefited immensely from partnerships we have with China, and by ensuring we are partners rather than competitors, we are increasing our exports, attracting Chinese investment, and creating new jobs for Michiganders,”

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Mamana12

...a second wave will come once restrictions are lifted.

The Imperial College of London's simulation shows exactly this:

Note that the blue shaded area indicates restrictions in place until late September, and then a quick climb into exponential growth again once that is removed; granted the 2nd peak is not as high as the first potential peak had nothing been done, but it is still far and beyond what any medical system on the planet can currently handle without collapse itself.

Oh, don't forget the 3rd wave once schools go back in session.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: misfit312

We have a small Ace hardware in our rural Texas town and it's been busy any time I drive by. I notice lots of people putting in new mulch, flowers, pavers, etc. Everyone will have a nice looking yard by summer because it's about all you can do.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   
How long before the US call this out for what it is? War. It's so obvious, so what are they going to do about it? Let China off the hook? This will cripple the US for a generation.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Detroit has a LARGE Asian population also.
Huge market among other things.

My Aunt from China knows People in Detroit who are from Wuhan. They still have family there that travel back and forth.

It's one of the reasons I've called BS since they reported the first 4 suspected cases. One of the suspected cases came directly from Wuhan.
edit on 4-4-2020 by misfit312 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Thank you to those who have provided information on Michigan. I was not aware of a high Asian community and connections within the state.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Europe Numbers Update :

www.worldometers.info...
bnonews.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Damn. Wish I could get a pipeline to my community for the milk they are dumping. Isn't a barrel of milk worth more than a barrel of oil these days?

I can't get milk now in the local grocery because it is sold out, and now they are dumping it at the source of production?

This is a supply chain issue that should have been avoided, IMHO

edit on 4-4-2020 by Fowlerstoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

That looks like good information and good graphic presentation overall, except one glaring error the authors made is that they show the red ICU bed capacity as a flatline … and it will be (and already is!) increasing. Other than that, it looks realistic to me.

Maybe in the UK it IS a flatline; so, maybe that is applicable and realistic for the UK (where the authors did this study), but in many other places we are working overtime to up the angle of the red line of ICU beds available.

Unfortunately at this rate the peak number of ICU beds available will be AFTER the peak time of need, admittedly, and won't change the overall dynamic of extreme scarcity during the peak of the infection. Hate that lag. Ugh. So maybe they didn't account for that because it won't make much difference in the bigger scheme of things anyway?

edit on 4-4-2020 by Fowlerstoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   
From BBC Live Feed :

- 21.38 : NY Jail (Rikers Island) Ordered to provide Staff with Protective Gear.

Staff at Rikers Island prison in New York City must be provided with protective equipment, have their temperatures regularly checked for signs of Covid-19 and work in conditions with increased sanitation, a judge has ruled.

The judgment follows a lawsuit by the New York State Correctional Officers and Police Benevolent Association - a union representing about 9,000 officers - which demanded better protections from the virus.

In her ruling, state judge Pamela Brown said officers assigned to work in sections housing inmates who are infected with coronavirus, where there are prisoners showing symptoms, or who transport such inmates, must be given N95 level masks.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Detroit is a problem anybody want it?

Other than drug running right now there's not much reason to come to Michigan. All the tourist stuff is closed.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: schmae
a reply to: misfit312

We have a small Ace hardware in our rural Texas town and it's been busy any time I drive by. I notice lots of people putting in new mulch, flowers, pavers, etc. Everyone will have a nice looking yard by summer because it's about all you can do.

Here in Michigan you have to do it yourself. No lawn services allowed. I wonder when the governor will change her mind or will the tickets be forgiven.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fowlerstoad
a reply to: Liquesence

Damn. Wish I could get a pipeline to my community for the milk they are dumping. Isn't a barrel of milk worth more than a barrel of oil these days?

I can't get milk now in the local grocery because it is sold out, and now they are dumping it at the source of production?

This is a supply chain issue that should have been avoided, IMHO

Just wait a day or two. The same thing happened in EU in almost every country when the panic started (I live in EU and have connections in Italy and England, so the same pattern could be observed in at least 3 different countries). While everyone went to the store and bought everything in panic I just waited for two days and went afterwards - the stores were fully loaded (and still are) and almost like a ghosttown. The main problem is that the store employees are not as fast as customers (stupid panic buying - after about one week trash bins were full of rotten food).
edit on 4-4-2020 by baburak because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

Milk was gone here too for a while but it's back. The diary farms have so much extra I'm sure stores will fill the shelves again. Until it can't be delivered or the dairy farms close up completely because they are losing so much money.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Epic house there Trillium! a reply to: Trillium

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   
This graph explains why many have been discussing when kids will return to school here and many in the know (governors/headteachers) have been told to prepare for a worst case scenario of a phased return in Jan 2021. Which in itself is crazy - the disruption to kids that have never been homeschooled, frazzled parents...
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

<< 335  336  337    339  340  341 >>

join