It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 320
<< 317  318  319    321  322  323 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 11:51 PM
link   
What a surprise?

About 70 people in their 20s chartered a plane from Austin, Texas, to Mexico for spring break two weeks ago. They went against the advice of White House officials who asked that people avoid gathering in groups of more than 10 and nonessential air travel.

Now 44 of those people have tested positive for coronavirus -- all of them University of Texas at Austin students, a university spokesman told CNN on Wednesday.
www.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Texas and Dallas

Confirmed cases deaths percentage increase in cases
Texas: ...3997 .....58 ............22.38
Dallas: .....731 ..... 15 ...........15.85

Did the biweekly shopping for us and for a wonan who's shut in. Lots of empty shelves - still no toilet paper, milk supply is low, no paper towels, no eggs at either Tom Thumb or Target. No cleaning supplies at either store.

Folks were polite and I saw a few masks and a few gloves. Bought myself a pair of lightweight winter gloves to use the next time I go shopping.

Dallas County judge Clay Jenkins says we're starting to see the curve rise, so my estimate that we need to stay at home and not go out for the next 2 weeks seems right on the money. I wish my daughter could afford to stay home, but she works at PetSmart and animals need food; she's considered necessary.

Governor Gregg finally (!) issued a stay in place order until April 30.

Grocery store workers are demanding more protection. Conversations with a few clerks today revealed that Tom Thumb is giving their employees $2 per hour extra hazard pay. Worker at Target said they were treated well and I noticed that they have someone at the door, wiping down the carts for you as you come in. This particular store is doing a decontmination of the loading docks every 2-3 hours since they get a constant flow of goods coming in. Many of the workers had gloves and a few had masks.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: buddha
Is this all just to panic us or have they gon mad/stupid ?
Flu Kills 646,000 People Worldwide Each Year: Study
"Seasonal flu kills up to 646,000 people worldwide each Year"
"The updated numbers, which Do Not include deaths during flu pandemics"

and the way they use Drugs on the sick is killing them!
what is going on? this is ether a Big PSYOP or totale madness.

I think they are doing this for a greater purpose.
some thing evil, control or greed or both.
the super rich are playing sick games with us.
they dont care any more.

if you say any thing against this,
people get angry at you more than any thing before.
Them! realy know how to manipulate.
we have lost the battle for freedom unless we can wake the people up!
I think its to late.
and you all thought trump would save you!

Flu stats are estimates while for this we are tracking actual confirmed data.

But let's use those stats anyway just for kicks. The Lancet published the 2017 study with that estimate and it was actually quite a bit lower at 409,111 (range of 291,243 - 645,832). The numbers just for Europe were 44,774. As of April 1st there have already been 33,680 confirmed Covid-19 deaths just in Europe. How about the United States? The Lancet figure is 51,674 for North and South America combined. You can see that these researchers were far more conservative with their estimates than the CDC.

The Lancet also published the main paper cited for swine flu figures and their estimate was 284,400 (151,700 – 575,400). The figures for the Americas were 29,700 and for Europe 31,300. They state in their paper that their estimate is about 15x higher than the reported total which was the WHO reported 18,500.

Here are the two papers:

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Direct links to the tables:

Seasonal influenza i.imgur.com...
2009 H1N1 i.imgur.com...

edit on 2-4-2020 by Aptom90 because: error in figures

edit on 2-4-2020 by Aptom90 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: buddha

Why did you further sensationalize an already hyperbolic article title???

Quoted from your source on its very first line, which you edited (bad form ole chap).

Seasonal flu kills 291,000 to 646,000 people worldwide each year

Which means this number varies... Being a lowest median of 291K and a high of 646K.

Either way... Your comment is redundant as this pandemic isn't over yet.
We don't have final figures.

The death toll COULD easy hit several Million.
Then how does it compare to the "seasonal" flu??

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Could someone smarter than me look at this paper, and tell me if this means that Quercetin has the same effect as HydroChloroQuinine, in causing cells to take up free zinc from the blood?

Zinc Ionophore Activity of Quercetin

Also, if someone in critical condition is given HCQ + zinc, then the treatment is stopped, do the RNA strands that were injected into the cells start reproducing when the zinc level goes back down?
edit on 2-4-2020 by Oleman because: missing link

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 01:31 AM
link   
My town has officially lost its collective minds

by repurposing of the hospital to be used as a transitional care facility for patients who have COVID-19, and as an outpatient facility as well as an in-house program for pregnant women struggling with drug abuse issues.

www.greenevillesun.com... d6c5.html

Am I the only one who may see a problem with this idea?????

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oleman
Could someone smarter than me look at this paper, and tell me if this means that Quercetin has the same effect as HydroChloroQuinine, in causing cells to take up free zinc from the blood?

Zinc Ionophore Activity of Quercetin

Also, if someone in critical condition is given HCQ + zinc, then the treatment is stopped, do the RNA strands that were injected into the cells start reproducing when the zinc level goes back down?

Not smarter, but more familiar with some of the terms.

To answer your question, "no."

Labile zinc, a tiny fraction of total intracellular zinc that is loosely bound to proteins and easily interchangeable, modulates the activity of numerous signaling and metabolic pathways. Dietary plant polyphenols such as the flavonoids quercetin (QCT) and epigallocatechin-gallate act as antioxidants and as signaling molecules.

Certain forms of zinc (and a very small percentage of it) acts as a regulator for some metabolic functions. Some plant flavinoids also act as antioxidants and regulators, too.

Remarkably, the activities of numerous enzymes that are targeted by polyphenols are dependent on zinc. We have previously shown that these polyphenols chelate zinc cations and hypothesized that these flavonoids might be also acting as zinc ionophores, transporting zinc cations through the plasma membrane.

These flavinoids depend on this tiny bit of zinc in your cells. They showed in another paper that zinc combines with this and that these things may be part of the mechanism that transports tiny amounts of zinc to your cells.

Giving excess zinc isn't going to make any changes in this.

Think of the transport mechanism as subway cars and zinc as people. Each subway car is designed to carry a certain number of people. Doubling or tripling the number of people on board isn't going to make the subway run any better (and in fact at some point it's impossible to add more and the subway has to leave, stranding the excess passengers at the station. Lots of zinc simply gets filtered out by your kidneys and dumped into your urine.)

Hydroxychloroquine increases the pH in lysosomes, which are little "organs" in a cell that break stuff down: en.wikipedia.org...

So... no. Not even close.
edit on 2-4-2020 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostsock
My town has officially lost its collective minds

by repurposing of the hospital to be used as a transitional care facility for patients who have COVID-19, and as an outpatient facility as well as an in-house program for pregnant women struggling with drug abuse issues.

www.greenevillesun.com... d6c5.html

Am I the only one who may see a problem with this idea?????

In reading the news article, it appears that the hospital was already undergoing the transition before the coronavirus hit.

While the repurposing of the hospital into an outpatient facility as well as an in-house program for pregnant women struggling with drug abuse issues has not changed, Greeneville West is part of the health care system’s plans for how to handle a surge of cases, Levine said.

The following paragraphs say it's going to be a 55 bed overflow for COVID-19

The preparations to convert space in Greeneville West to treat coronavirus patients is part of a larger plan Ballad Health is developing if the region experiences a large increase in people needing hospitalization from the illness to a point that its facilities reach capacity.

Sounds sensible to me.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I see numerous threads and posts about the army being ready to be deployed from all over the world...

Over here, supermarket personnel is going on strike, other threaten to go on strike if they don't receive more compensation. Even our police force is ready to strike! Some stores have not opened since yesterday.
It's a matter of days, maybe hours before ppl will start hoarding food again once the news gets out that more and more ppl refuse to keep the stores open.

In my personal opinion, this is just normal human behavior and it was predictable. No need to wonder why the army is ready and waiting to step in.
I said it in the first part of this thread: the social disturbance that will eventually follow will be worse then the virus! Only two weeks of quarantines and lockdowns and people are already loosing their minds!

Did a quick google search and it seems that this is not only going on in my part of the world..

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I have been wondering if this was going to happen...www.zerohedge.com...

China is no longer fixed.

Having lied for the past two months about the severity and the extent of coronavirus pandemic which its virologists started in Wuhan, eager to convey the message that the crisis "under control" just so people return to work, full of hope and enthusiasm, rejoicing at the surge in China's just as fabricated PMI numbers, and willing to work their asses off (with Beijing generously willing to risk everyone's lives as the alternative is a complete collapse in China's economy) earlier today the US finally cracked down on the relentless barrage of Chinese lies, when US intelligence accused China of deliberately lying about its coronavirus figures.

Then, in a miraculous coincidence, just moments later Reuters reported that a county in central China's Henan province announced on Wednesday it had "virtually banned all outbound movement of people, following several cases of coronavirus infection in the area."

According to a post on its social media account, Jia county - which has a population of about 600,000 - said that no one can travel out of Jia county without proper authorization. Additionally, residents are not allowed to leave their homes for work unless they have clearance to do so.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

While it does sound sensible, Greeneville has a huge drug problem. While I am happy that expecting mothers with a drug problem have a place to go to receive care, having them in the same hospital with infectious patients that will require medications/drugs is not the best of ideas in my mind. Why is it that hospitals in large major cities are cleared out but my little town is going to share a hospital with covid patients and pregnant women?

Maybe they are planning to send the women some where else? I guess i will have to wait and see.

MY EDIT. ok I reread the article a 3rd time.. I get it now.. They WILL be sending the women somewhere else if need be. Its 4:22 am maybe I should get some sleep before I get outraged again
Thank you for clarifying for me Byrd

edit on 2-4-2020 by lostsock because: I was dense and having sleep withdrawals

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: elitegamer23
What do you currently take for zinc?

Zinc picolonate, 20mg/day

A multivitamin plus elderberry?

That is more than your recommended daily amount .

Your ass-u-me-ption was wrong.

Oh - and I don't put much stock in the RDA guidelines - they claim I only need 90mg/day of Vitamin C, which is too low by a factor of about 150.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyBalls2
Anger Hospital to do a vast Study on the efficacy of Chloroquine as a treatment for patients with Coronavirus.
1,300 patients are involved.
This study, baptised "HyCovid", is being done with the aid of 32 other Hospitals in France.
"It will finally close the debate on the efficacy of Hydroxychloroquine", says Professor Vincent Dubée,

Well, that depends on whether or not they are including the zinc sulfate - you know, the substance that Doctor Zelenko said was the actual substance responsible for the results, and the hydroxychloraquine was just facilitating getting the zinc into the cells.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Change being a constant variable, noted, observed....

The only thing I’ve been able to keep updated at all on is how Certain exactly the Uncertain seems.

If Gov. Cuomos’s “20% on ventilators...” statement didn’t raise eyebrows in the US, I’m not sure what will....

edit on 2-4-2020 by slatesteam because: Pho Cough

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Update from the Netherlands 01-04-2020 (yesterday). Will update again this afternoon.

Total cases 13.614 (+1.019)
Hospital 5.159 (+447)
Total dead 1.173 (+134)

Source:
www.rivm.nl...

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Short update Tokyo time 7 pm April 2, 2020 Thursday

This is a chart of cases as the cases have increase by the infected number of people.

Notice how it is slowly growing.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

French Media is reporting that Abe is "promising two washable face masks per family" .

This is some of the twitter reponse :
twitter.com...

MiM, have you heard of this ?

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Where is denying ignorance?
where is Innocent until proven guilty?

Where is the proof that China lied about their numbers?

Or is it because they are the bl*** commies, must be lieing?

We have a lot of proof of other countries touching up their numbers. (taking 14 days until the tests cone back,not having enough test kits, only testing severe cases, etc etc)

But of course China lies.

I don't even like China, but this blatant ignorance is quite annoying. Especially as their numbers actually add up....

atm Germany is winning against CoVid, glad to be here. Wonder how much our numbers have been ... corrected... though...
edit on 2-4-2020 by Aldolas because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 05:37 AM
link   
At this point they're beating a dead horse. We are all being played.

As of 19 March 2020, COVID-19 is no longer considered to be a high consequence infectious disease (HCID) in the UK.

The UK gov downgraded it last month. Your politicians are lying to you. The media is lying to you.

Covid-19 no longer requires an enhanced individual, population and system response to ensure it is managed effectively, efficiently and safely according to the UK gov.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Aldolas

I agree, France readily says its only counting Hospital Deaths in the official count right now.
They don't know how many have died from it throughout the country , and may never know the exact amount.
They are counting separately the Retirement home deaths, but not adding them to the National Toll yet.

No-one has enough tests to do this yet.
Why waste a test on someone who has already died ?

<< 317  318  319    321  322  323 >>

join