It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
a reply to: Trillium

Just not looking good at all.

I'm not sure what numbers you are looking at, but from what I can see, they are holding extremely steady. Yes, slowly creeping up, but the ratios (infected to serious to deaths) is remaining about the same, and in the end - once the true infection rate is determined, it will, in my opinion, be less than 1% CFR, probably less than 0.5%.

Bad, yes, but absolutely not worth the price we are currently paying. More - again in my opinion - will die from the result of the panic and shutting everything down than die from the virus.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I don't know if it is off topic...

But history is interesting.

In 1918, They treated patients outdoor and had better result than indoor.

`Open-Air’ Treatment in 1918

it reduced deaths among hospital patients from 40 per cent to about 13 per cent

What they didn’t know is that one advantage of placing patients outside in the sun is they can synthesise vitamin D

Put simply, medics found that severely ill flu patients nursed outdoors recovered better than those treated indoors. A combination of fresh air and sunlight seems to have prevented deaths among patients; and infections among medical staff.[1] There is scientific support for this. Research shows that outdoor air is a natural disinfectant. Fresh air can kill the flu virus and other harmful germs. Equally, sunlight is germicidal and there is now evidence it can kill the flu virus.

Article

I dont know if it work, but if i’m to die off this, I would prefer to be outside

edit on 14-3-2020 by Maker22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Willyblake

It has to do with access to binding sites, in this case to ACE2. ACE2 protects tissue and is the bodies counterpart to ACE. To make it easy ACE2=Relax, ACE=Stress. If you are older or have an underlying condition your body will produce more of these ACE2 receptors to protect tissue and this increases binding sites for virus to enter a cell. The viral spike protein acts like a key that unlocks a door into a cell and that door is labeled ACE2.

Steroids and related drugs would only be used in life or death cases like sepsis. Septic shock can occur with viral pnemonia but it's unlikely and it's chances increase with comorbidities or underlying conditions like diabetes or heart/kidney/lung disease. It's an overreaction from the immune system cells or improper signaling and regulatory factors like immune cells not working correctly or them not being told to stop destroying tissue.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAMEDDDoc
a reply to: Willyblake

It has to do with access to binding sites, in this case to ACE2. ACE2 protects tissue and is the bodies counterpart to ACE. To make it easy ACE2=Relax, ACE=Stress. If you are older or have an underlying condition your body will produce more of these ACE2 receptors to protect tissue and this increases binding sites for virus to enter a cell. The viral spike protein acts like a key that unlocks a door into a cell and that door is labeled ACE2.

Steroids and related drugs would only be used in life or death cases like sepsis. Septic shock can occur with viral pnemonia but it's unlikely and it's chances increase with comorbidities or underlying conditions like diabetes or heart/kidney/lung disease. It's an overreaction from the immune system cells or improper signaling and regulatory factors like immune cells not working correctly or them not being told to stop destroying tissue.

Thank you for that explanation.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: RexKramerPRT
Couldn't see this here.

Last night, @GOPChairwoman's doctor determined a test for COVID-19 was necessary given her symptoms.

We will provide an update when the test results are available.

twitter.com...

McDaniel last met with President Donald Trump on Monday in Orlando, her spokesman told CNN. She did not attend a White House political briefing on Wednesday.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ComebackLogic
I was just fired for wearing a disposable ffp3 mask and nitrile gloves to work as a delivery driver, apparently it scared the customers. Happily, I can now begin my self isolation at home. Go figure.

I had super market delivery yesterday and I would have been pleased to see the driver to have taken such precautions.
Sorry you lost your job, I think you should fight it if you want your job back.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ComebackLogic

Make sure you get that recorded or in writing so you can take legal action.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Really … duh? OFC (of course it does, as does any other cause of organizing pneumonia!)

I use a light microscope at work for hours each day, and see bunches of lung biopsies daily. For me, the term 'organizing' is synonymous with 'fibrosis'. That is the deal … when pneumonia starts to 'organize', that exactly means it is starting to exhibit visually-provable 'fibrosis'. You can't in fact have any organization without fibrosis. SO yeah, COVID-19 is causing provable by light-microscopic examination under a microscope 'fibrosis'. What else can be said?
edit on 14-3-2020 by Fowlerstoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Update from France.

www.20minutes.fr...

SO, we are at Stage 3.
Basically you only go to work if you have to be on-site.
Only use public transport if you have to.
All non-essential Commercial Businesses are to close.
Petrol Stations, Tabaconnists, Food Shops/Supermarkets, Banks and Pharmacies will stay open.
Only go out if you have to for essential food, exercise, or to vote.

300 Patients in ER/Reanimation, of which more than 50% are younger than 60..
4500 Cases total since the beginning.
91 Deaths Total.

edit on 14-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: bolded

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: saladfingers123456
UK POLICE GIVEN POWERS TO ARREST ...2 YEARS OF DRACONIAN RULE

Well, that is one of the most saddening reads from the UK yet.

Sad? That is plain bat-snip crazy. This virus simply isn't that scary, or deadly.

To recap...

In the 4 months (that is a little conservative estimate on my part, I think it's been spreading longer), 6,000 people have died from this virus.

In that same amount of time, the CDC estimates that somewhere between 22,000 – 55,000 people have died of the flu.

People... how can you not see that you are going totally bonkers???

Get a grip. Your fear-mongering is destroying my world.
edit on 14-3-2020 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I’d been agonising over quitting or keeping on anyway, today just made my choice really easy for me. It’s about to get real here in the U.K. over the next week or two and nobody is prepared for it. I expect lots of low level crime and disorder once people come to terms with the reality of the situation.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Ouch! NY took another jump. Were over 524. The stores in my area, New Harford can't keep the shelves stocked quick enough.
health.ny.gov...

Data last updated 12:30pm March 14, 2020 Positive Cases Albany County: 3 Broome County: 1 Delaware County: 1 Dutchess County: 3 Herkimer County: 1 Monroe County: 2 Nassau County: 68 Orange County: 6 Rockland County: 10 Saratoga: 3 Schenectady: 1 Suffolk County: 33 Tioga County: 1 Tompkins County: 1 Ulster County: 5 Westchester County: 172 New York State (Outside of NYC) 311 New York City: 213 Total Positive Cases (Statewide) 524

edit on 14-3-2020 by Chance321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

Sad? That is plain bat-snip crazy. This virus simply isn't that scary, or deadly.

To recap...

In the 4 months (that is a little conservative estimate on my part, I think it's been spreading longer), 6,000 people have died from this virus.

In that same amount of time, the CDC estimates that somewhere between 22,000 – 55,000 people have died of the flu.

Get a grip. Your fear-mongering is destorying my world.

I would expect our governments know a lot more than we do.
They aren't doing this to placate the populace.
It hasn't gotten to that yet.

They'll also never tell us if it's really bad.

A Catch-22.

edit : Even more scary, they don't know more than us, or anyone else.
edit on 14-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added stuff

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: puzzled2
New 10 minute test to see if you have the antibodies -- well if you don't included the 3 day wait to create enough of the anti-bodies to be tested.

www.youtube.com...

Big question is how many places can manufacture this new 10 minute test? And how much for the patent or can the governments just take and pass it around to everywhere free?

OR why hasn't the manufacture given it out FREE to be manufactured around the world? -- Bloodsuckers or business people?

Ummm... this is a test, not a treatment/cure. What makes you think the company that developed it owes it to give it away to billions of people for free?

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: all2human
It's unbelievable coming from thread 1 seeing this play out right before our eyes
As if we were writing it into being.

The fear-mongers are doing precisely that.

It is called a self-fulfilling prophecy. It is insane.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   
WHY IRELAND IS IN TROUBLE

Lads,

I've been reading about this virus since January, and like most people, I was cracking jokes about it and did not take it seriously at all. That changed completely when someone explained the numbers to me and explained why we in Ireland in particular are in trouble. I have not stopped thinking about it since. You may not think that we are in trouble based on the number of confirmed cases so far, but we are.

I'm going to write this to you in an effort to explain what the # is actually going on and hopefully help in the effort. A lot of people are ringing me and asking me if I know anything on the inside. I don't know much more than what is in the news, but I have probably spotted some of the important stuff that you may have missed.

I've been tracking the numbers and confirmed cases in Ireland have been growing by 30% a day on average, which means the number of cases doubles every 2-3 days. Based on those trends, and without the shutdown, there would be 100,000 confirmed cases within a month.

But the situation is actually much worse. Based on what happened in China and Italy, the actual number of cases in Ireland is almost certainly in the thousands already. The problem is that with this virus, you can have it, not have any symptoms, and still be infecting everyone around you before you feel sick. The Government knows this. That is why they shut the country down.

On the international numbers, over 90% of cases will recover. But 9% will be seriously ill, and about 5% will require intensive care (ICU) and at least 2.5% will need ventilators.

The Government has said between 25% and 75% of the population will get the virus. If 25% of the Irish population get it, which based on the numbers above is a very low estimate, that's 1.2 million people.

5% needing intensive care means 60,000 people will need intensive care beds to stay alive.

We currently have 277 intensive care beds in Ireland.

I'm going to say that again:

At least 60,000 Irish people will need an ICU bed to stay alive.

We only have 277 ICU beds in Ireland.

If too many people get sick in a short space of time, many, many Irish men and women are going to die when they could have been saved. Ireland is a small country. This is going to be someone in your family or someone you know. Or their mother. Or their father.

The staff in ICU wards know the numbers. Their representative body released a statement on Thursday, which was in the Irish Times, saying that they know that they are going to be making choices on who gets an ICU bed or who gets a ventilator. They said they will be making "challenging decisions". I'll translate that: It means the staff are going to be deciding who lives and who dies.

It has been happening in Italy already, and Italy has much better ICU care than we do. In terms of cases, we are 2 weeks behind Italy. The older you are, the less likely they are going to try to save you. Don't think this only applies to over 70s. If you are over 40, and need ICU, but a 30 year old also needs it, chances are the 30 year old will get it and you will die. If that doesn't scare you, you don't fully understand it.

It is absolutely nuts, but this is what is going to happen.

If we can lower the number of cases AT A SINGLE POINT IN TIME, we lower the number of people needing intensive care AT A SINGLE POINT IN TIME, then we free up more ICU beds, and we lower the number of Irish people who die in Irish hospitals. It is that simple.

This could be someone close to you. Your mam. Your dad. Your partner. Your granny. Your granddad. Your brother. Your sister. Your aunt. Your uncle. Your neighbour. Your friend.

You do not want any of them dying because there was not enough ventilators or ICU beds to go around. It will not be the fault of the ICU staff. If you want to blame someone for that, blame years of governments giving tax cuts instead of investing in the health service.

If you are furious even thinking of the idea of your loved ones dead in a coffin because a doctor thinks they are too old or are not strong enough, and giving a bed to someone who is a bit younger, then good, you are right to be. You will also be more willing to listen to what you need to do next to help stop that happening:

STAY THE # AT HOME AND ONLY GO OUT IF YOU NEED FOOD.

Watch Netflix. Read a book. Binge on a TV series. Go on Youtube. Eat food. Learn to cook. Learn to sew. Write a book. Do a diary. Figure out your life. Do press ups. Do sit ups. Do chin ups. Do zumba dancing. Do an online course in astronomy. Or Yoga. Or sports management. Or whatever the # you want.

Do whatever the # you want. You have absolutely no excuse not to keep yourself entertained at home.

Do not go for pints. Do not have a house party. Do not go to a house party. Do not go for coffee. Do not go for a meal. Do not go for a chat. Do not visit your auntie. Do not visit your parents. Do not bring the kids over to their friends. Do not let friends come over to you.

If you absolutely have to get out of the house, go for a walk on your own or with someone you are living with. But in general:

STAY THE # AT HOME UNTIL THE NUMBER OF CASES STARTS COMING DOWN.

If you want to be a hero in this, and want to save lives, but don't know what to do, stay the # at home.

P.S: The Brits are making a balls of it again and are not staying at home. Lots of them are going to die because they are not staying at home. Don't be like the Brits. Stay at home.

P.P.S: The more people who understand what is going on, the better. So send it on to whoever you think would benefit from it.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: all2human
It's unbelievable coming from thread 1 seeing this play out right before our eyes
As if we were writing it into being.

The fear-mongers are doing precisely that.

It is called a self-fulfilling prophecy. It is insane.

I fully agree...period

mg

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maker22
I don't know if it is off topic...

But history is interesting.

In 1918, They treated patients outdoor and had better result than indoor.

`Open-Air’ Treatment in 1918

it reduced deaths among hospital patients from 40 per cent to about 13 per cent

What they didn’t know is that one advantage of placing patients outside in the sun is they can synthesise vitamin D

Put simply, medics found that severely ill flu patients nursed outdoors recovered better than those treated indoors. A combination of fresh air and sunlight seems to have prevented deaths among patients; and infections among medical staff.[1] There is scientific support for this. Research shows that outdoor air is a natural disinfectant. Fresh air can kill the flu virus and other harmful germs. Equally, sunlight is germicidal and there is now evidence it can kill the flu virus.

Article

I dont know if it work, but if i’m to die off this, I would prefer to be outside

It would be difficult to pinpoint exact cause, due to lack of specific data, but there are a few obvious factors that make outdoors better as long as it is a reasonable temperature and not a muddy wet combat-conditions situation:

A million times better air circulation and density of potential pathogens

sunlight -- UV (brutal on most pathogens), Vit-D

not touching a bunch of habitable surfaces (doorways, handles, counters, etc.)

psychological - unconfined, fresh air, brightness all are shown to increase positive attitude/mood

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Update DFW metroplex Texas.
I have seen pics of empty grocery store shelves.
Schools are extending spring break by weeks.
Many college campuses are doing online classes only, no in person classes until further notice.
Total cases 11. In a metroplex expanded area of about 12 million people.
I wasn't too concerned at first but the continuous news reporting and local panic buying is starting to wear on my resolve. I am in a semi rural area. Stopped on the way home from work at my local Dollar General and have never seen that little store that crowded. Almost 20 minutes check out line.
Still keeping hope that this all blows over and leaves the panicky folks feeling a bit silly, but I just don't know anymore.
Peace and love to the ATS family.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   

To recap...

Get a grip. Your fear-mongering is destorying my world.

Well you have all the answers, you must know more info than all the governments of the world, doctors, and experts. what do you suggest we do, just ignore it and go on about our lives.

And seriously how many times are you gonna post the same dribble if you think its non sense why even bother posting. This is an updates thread for people actually concerned.

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join