It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Zipper

My concern really lies with re-infection. Infecting already compromised lung tissue..
Hopefully we do not see that months down the line.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Come on now.....
This thread is for Corona Virus UPDATES!!!
...not chit chat, political trolling, bigoted comments, medical advice,
ill-mannered remarks toward members or arguing....

Some NON-UPDATE threads here, feel free to join in:
Events and services impacted by Coronavirus

COVID-19 Coronavirus home prevention tips

Cures DB2]: Flu Immunity and Cytokine Prevention

Are you doing anything differently because of Coronavirus?

...or peruse these.

Diseases and Pandemics:: Medical Disclaimer
This thread is NOT for discussion of alternative medical treatment of illnesses!!!

Members who continue to disrupt will face temporary posting bans. ATS will not allow the few to ruin it for everyone.

Go after the ball not the player.

Community Announcement re: Decorum

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility WILL face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

edit on Sat Mar 14 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I went back in time, and found my first post in regards to wuflu

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 09:35 PM link quote reply This virus pandemic, crap scares me more than wars. We ARE OVER DUE. Last one was the Spanish, flu. This may not be it, but it could be just a mutation away. I wish, sometimes, we paid more attention, to this stuff, instead of the goofy, politics reruns.

That was before the paradigm shift on ats towards the pandemic. For about a month we had really good synchronicity between the current event and how we utilized the forum. Not so much anymore, we once again have contaminated the current event with politics 🤦‍♂️.

To those guys here from part 1, we should be proud in keeping the members and public informed, I am sure all of us are prepped etc. I just wanted to say we did good. Oh has anyone seen that necro, guy who constantly trolled the part 1 and 2 threads? I bet he and that other guy are busy eating crow.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Update from Chile:

We had 43 cases yesterday (post here).

Today they announced 61 total confirmed cases. 18 new cases since yesterday. One of the new cases is a British citizen that arrived to Chile in a cruise ship. Now the 236 passengers are in quarantine.

What is important about today announcement is that at least 2 of the cases can't be traced back to the previous imported cases. This also means Chile has entered the "phase 3". Source in english

This is some of what the health minister said:

"We have cases, at least two, one in the Maule and another in the Metropolitan Region, which we cannot trace in their origin and that the people who infected them did not comply with the quarantine as indicated."
Source in spanish, google translate doesn't work well with the web page

phase 3 is entering into "Social Distancing" tactics. Are measurements to prevent a accelerated transmission. Like using masks in public (specially in the closed areas like the subway, canceling large-scale meetings, work at home, and try to do everything that is possible online (like bank procedures). Source in english Google Translate

The borders still aren't closed and they are asking people that arrive from High Risk countries to self--quarantine, even though now it is evident that some do not comply.

Still no recoveries, still no deaths and no news if any is in serious or critical condition, so I assume they are stable and in good health.

I still do not know if to believe the government. Maybe, in contrast to other nations that probably are under-reporting cases, they want to inflate the issue to try and stop the upcoming plebiscite in April, where it is going to be asked if we want a new constitution. This is an issue here, a lot of people will simply not believe a government that has been lying for +30 years and currently has between 6~11% approval. Even though they already stated that the plebiscite will be held. This is a problem, because a lot will just shrug it off and continue normal life and of course mass protests.

It's just a waiting game.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: elitegamer23

Truth. I called the two nearest big retailers ( one starts with a C and the other a B.P. ) They were out of the most common ones but still had plenty of others. It's hit or miss. I wanted to know before standing in a long line for nothing.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: all2human

Are you referring to honeycomb lung? Scar tissue? Any of the other damage caused by severe infection? I wouldn't worry about it unless you have some serious underlying comorbidities, even then its still not likely, just an increase in chances. All of this will show up post infection after the healing process.

A virus doesn't care about anything except injecting genetic material. The immune response is what drives everything. It's like carpet bombing a city to destroy a small house with bad guys in it instead of using a SWAT team once signaling gets out of control.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
Posting work written by others
edit on Sat Mar 14 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Update on schools in New York State:

The governor is still refusing to close all schools, however he did pass legislation last night to give some leeway.

Apparently the individual counties had to be in a State of Emergency before school districts could close. It seems that this is happening in a lot of counties this afternoon. Our county, and several around have declared a State of Emergency effective on Wednesday the 18th. Other surrounding counties are doing the same, some on Monday. As a result our local schools are closing beginning on the 18th, through April 13th.

If the State of Emergency remains in place, they will not be opening until it is canceled. I think we will probably be still heading down hill by April 13th, so it looks like it could be a very long closure.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka

Don't worry about reinfection, unless this thing comes through with a second pandemic wave and mutates in some crazy way, it is an RNA virus, it's just not likely. Most of those exposed should get some form of immunity. Once we have herd immunity spread will be just like a seasonal chest cold.

If you have underlying conditions that make you immunocompromised, there's a whole slew of other stuff to watch out for. Use good personal hygiene and situational awareness.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Round 2?

"Seal off all your cars", says man while giving out seal tapes that read "Sealed on Mar. 13, 2020". At Tongjiang City, #Heilongjiang Province #China. Looks like they are sealing off taxies. No new cases?

Workers putting up a sign saying: " Outbound #Hubei Highway has been closed. No traffic allowed. March 12, 2020".
Locked down again? Apparently. No new cases!

edit on 14-3-2020 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAMEDDDoc

Don't worry about reinfection, unless this thing comes through with a second pandemic wave and mutates in some crazy way, it is an RNA virus, it's just not likely. Most of those exposed should get some form of immunity. Once we have herd immunity spread will be just like a seasonal chest cold.

I thought RNA viruses were more prone to mutation, making them more dangerous and unpredictable due to mutation?

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Stores in New England are out of meat, canned goods, paper products, cleaning products, frozen foods etc. No issues with resupply, just people buying it up immediately.

Schools are closed a minimum of 2 weeks, all districts are cleared to bypass state minimums for required school days, and free meals to needy families. Which means most likely a longer closure.

Guard units are on standby, not called in, not activated yet. We are not allowed to leave the state for training and all schools are canceled.

Universities are closed or online only, students only allowed to stay on campus in special situations. This includes undergrad, graduate, MD and PhD students.

Our state has been told if you have symptoms, assume you have it and stay home to prevent spread. EMS has special protocols for dealing with the situation. They are not allowed to respond to these calls and call higher for a response from specialized personnel.

Health centers allow people to be tested but that is changing, they would report to the center, stay outside and be swabbed, then return home. Now they're moving towards quarantine and isolation protocols.

Ammonia and Quat compounds (ammonium) do not work for disinfection, only some Lysol works (check the back for SARS/MERS), 70% alcohol, bleach and peroxide. Fomite spread is stable and so is close contact aerosol.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

And to believe this current event is not even 2 months old. It’s spread is jaw dropping.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Drachenfel

originally posted by: UFO1414
Lotsa firsts recorded.

www.worldometers.info...

Puerto Rico too. It's everywhere.

The hell is that bra advert on the right mentioning Corona for? - are they using the pandemic to sell bras, or do you get a free Corona beer with your first bra fitting?

Lol. Guilty here. That's my own company. Free personal hands-on fittings...

Never let a crisis go to waste.

edit on 14-3-2020 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Looks like France, just locked down into a light quarantine starting in 4 hours. Working on link. NON ESSENTIAL STORES, RESTAURANTS, CAFE’s mandatory closure.

SOURCE
e dit on 14-3-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   
CoronaVirus is baffling experts, by sparing Children

www.nbcnews.com...='postBold'%3Esparing-children%3C/span%3E-puzzli ng-n1147951

H1N1 (2009-2010) on the other hand, focused more on Children

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

I think it's just the initial shock, Americans are dramatic and don't react well to change or stress. I hope the supply chains and health care systems hold, the economy will take a huge hit.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
Looks like France, just locked down into a light quarantine starting in 4 hours. Working on link. NON ESSENTIAL STORES, RESTAURANTS, CAFE’s mandatory closure.

SOURCE
< br /> France was next to quarantine after Spain.

Watch the daily infection rate / number of critical cases..
edit on 3/14/2020 by clay2 baraka because: trying to figure out the ghost coding at the beginning of my post /shrug

edit on 3/14/2020 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   
From French Live Feed at 19h52 :

"Closure of all non-essential Public places as of Midnight tonight".

Also, "Public Transport will be open, but calls to limit usage"

"France is in Stage 3 (of 3) since Saturday".

www.20minutes.fr...

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Rumor has it most French icu patients are younger than 60. Trying to find links..... Working on it.
edit on 14-3-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join