It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   
ummmm, but I thought it had already mutated.....Oxford Academics

The "S" vs. the "L," but also how many strains the Chinese scientists were working with and analyzing.
regards,
tetra

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka

They are but just because it mutates doesn't mean it's going to get worse. Think about it this way, you have a factory mass producing thing-a-ma-jigs following a template. You make a small number of errors due to the large scale production of that thing-a-ma-jig and have to throw out most of the crappy ones because they don't meet the standard. Very rarely will you have one exceed that standard and change or upgrade the model.

A mutated virus will need to compete with the preexisting model and outmatch it. It will need to bind better, hide itself, overcome host defenses or even spread better. In most cases this wouldn't happen, and while it could, it still needs to overcome and then reproduce and then spread throughout the population.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   
France at 4499 (+838) and 91 Deaths (+12).

www.worldometers.info...

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I was just fired for wearing a disposable ffp3 mask and nitrile gloves to work as a delivery driver, apparently it scared the customers. Happily, I can now begin my self isolation at home. Go figure.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   
An update from me on the ground in Rome.

I'm now working from home, as an IT Admin I'm just giving out security advice, login credentials, and general How-to tips to colleagues.

In my neighbourhood the shops are closed except:

- Supermarket and pharmacies

- Cellphone shops: keeping connectivity going is all we've got left. Failing that we'll be back to smoke signals.

- Tabacco shops: these places are important because here we can pay bills, top up cellphone credit, buy bus/train tickets (no use on lock down), and a host of other services even I don't know about, etc.

- DIY store: important to do quick home repairs and avoid calling out repairman.

We are allowed to take walks in the surrounding neighbourhood, always avoiding groups of people and unnecessary loitering. I've gone out for a solitary walk everyday so far.

Going back to the Supermarket, I've seen increased buying, but no real panic. Stock levels are normal, including the most sought after supplies. No masks, gloves or hand gels, but to be expected.

People have surprised me with their attitudes. Everyone is sombre, but being proactive. Social distancing is being maintained and precautions taken by those who have found masks and gloves.

Oh, and singing from balconies has become evermore popular... it helps lift spirits and the people living alone feel less lonely or abandoned!

Stay well, stay safe.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ComebackLogic
I was just fired for wearing a disposable ffp3 mask and nitrile gloves to work as a delivery driver, apparently it scared the customers. Happily, I can now begin my self isolation at home. Go figure.

Sue their asses.. I have been running service calls for 2 weeks wearing nitrile gloves and no-one batted an eye.

If anything you are PROTECTING vulnerable customers by minimizing infection exposure..
edit on 3/14/2020 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   

I am running my service calls with gloves booties and a disposable mask when I have air handlers open. I am also using sanatizer, my customers are comfortable with me doing that and thank me.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Had you cleared wearing those things with your work before wearing them on shift?

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAMEDDDoc

Don't worry about reinfection, unless this thing comes through with a second pandemic wave and mutates in some crazy way, it is an RNA virus, it's just not likely. Most of those exposed should get some form of immunity. Once we have herd immunity spread will be just like a seasonal chest cold.

If you have underlying conditions that make you immunocompromised, there's a whole slew of other stuff to watch out for. Use good personal hygiene and situational awareness.

Rhis pneumothorax, sudden chest pain etc.

Epidemology can not classify this....The versions are open to debate. fearmongering no more, my wife has never come home and cried

Your intent is understood.

mg
edit on 03260707America/Chicago14_2America/Chicagopm by missed_gear because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: clay2 baraka

Sue their asses.. I have been running service calls for 2 weeks wearing nitrile gloves and no-one batted an eye.

If anything you are PROTECTING vulnerable customers by minimizing infection exposure..

Meh, UK here we don’t sue people like that. I did point out that it helps reduce the spread of infection, but he said either take the mask off or I can’t let you work. I said that’s fine, I’ll leave. Good luck with that. I estimate we’re 2-6 weeks away from full lockdown here anyway, pretty sure they’ll change tactics once the numbers start to scare everyone enough.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   
these are the masks that were sent by the italian government to the north of italy to be distributed to doctors working with covid patients... The regional covid-emergency manager complained about this in a press conference today and refused to distribute them

there is no need to wonder why patients with pre-existing diseases are getting coronavirus and death rate is high. we have the answer

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Research by scientists in China has revealed two different types of coronavirus, indicating that the virus mutated at least once.

Scientists at Peking University’s School of Life Sciences and the Institut Pasteur of Shanghai designated the strains L and S.

The L type was found to be more prevalent and accounted for nearly 70%, compared to the S type at approximately 30%.

Also, the L type was prevalent in the early stages of the outbreak in Wuhan but decreased from early January. Meanwhile, the S type is said to be evolutionarily older and less aggressive.

According to researchers, results indicate that development of variations in the spike present in the novel coronavirus was possibly caused by mutations, natural selection and recombination.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Looks like Israel, just announced non essential stores restaurants etc. to be closed. I think states, may start these moves also soon. Allot of countries are starting to do this at an alarming rate. Public pressure on states may enforce this soon.. speculation by me of course. Back to that herd mentality thing.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Whenever82828

Thank you! I'm interested in numbers from other countries as well, but this is just the kind of data I was looking for!

Stay well!

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I was reading a press release from the Governor's Office in West Virginia. The State lab, commercial labs and labs in certain hospitals will be processing the swabs. The only results to be released will be results from the State lab and only positive results from all other labs. Once WV begins getting positives any analysis will be skewed due to the underreporting of negative results. I can't give the link as I use my phone. I've got relatives in healthcare there and they seem to be seeing positives under every bed pan.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ComebackLogic

You can take them to court for constructive dismissal. Big payout.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

In such case, would taking immunosuppresant drugs as tacrolimus, cyclosporine, even prednisolone might actually help to not get a severe care of the virus?

How about kids? why are they not getting strong cases? is it because as someone previously mentioned, because they don't enter into a panic state?

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   
In Canada : this is never seen...

Planetary ban!

An official global travel advisory is in effect: Avoid non-essential travel outside Canada until further notice.

Travel.gc.ca

This mean that are travel agencies and airlines MUST refund you if have booked something and dont want to go.

edit on 14-3-2020 by Maker22 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-3-2020 by Maker22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Couldn't see this here.

Last night, @GOPChairwoman's doctor determined a test for COVID-19 was necessary given her symptoms.

We will provide an update when the test results are available.

twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAZ21
a reply to: ComebackLogic

You can take them to court for constructive dismissal. Big payout.

I was quitting after payday anyway. Not a great time to working a job where you meet a lot of strange people daily and handle a lot of cash. It’s interesting to me that people are so scared of someone taking steps to protect themselves from illness. If that’s the general attitude it will rip through the population like wildfire in no time. It’s a novel virus, I don’t think we should be afraid of people taking novel approaches towards it.

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join