It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   
A video was just posted in a local Moms group on facebook showing a line of people around the outside of the parking lot of Costco here in Southern California. Not just around the outside of the store, but around the outside of the parking lot too. Easily over a thousand people.

link   

originally posted by: clay2 baraka
I woke up to a chain text message this morning
*I am posting here in cast any here can dispute the info*

PLEASE FORWARD THIS MESSAGE TO FAMILY, FRIENDS AND CO-WORKERS.

SERIOUS EXCELLENT ADVICE by Japanese Doctors treating COVID-19 cases:

This info is from my friend that works for CDC that passed this along to his family and friends. I'm passing it along as well..

The new NCP coronavirus may not show sign of infection for many days, how can one know if he/she is infected. By the time they have fever and/or cough and goes to the hospital, the lungs is usually 50 % Fibrosis and it's too late!

Taiwan experts provide a simple self-check that we can do every morning:

Take a deep breath and hold your breath for more than 10 seconds. If you complete it successfully without coughing, without discomfort, stuffiness or tightness, etc, it proves there is no fibrosis in the lungs, basically indicating no infection.
In critical times, please self-check every morning in an environment with clean air.

Everyone should ensure your mouth & throat is moist, never DRY. Take a few sips of water every 15 mins at least. WHY?
Even if the virus gets into your mouth...drinking water or other liquids will WASH them down through your esophagus into the stomach. Once there in tummy...your stomach ACID will kill all the virus. If you don't drink enough water more regularly....the virus can enter your windpipes and into the LUNGS. That's very dangerous.
Pls send and share with family, friends and everyone.”

THE SYMPTOMS OF CORONAVIRUS
1. It will first infect the throat, so you'll have a sore throat lasting 3/4 days
2. The virus then blends into a nasal fluid that enters the trachea and then the lungs, causing pneumonia. This takes about 5/6 days further.
3. With pneumonia comes high fever and difficulty in breathing.
4. The nasal congestion is not like the normal kind. You feel like you're drowning. It's imperative you then seek immediate attention.

:

1. If you have a runny nose and sputum, you have a common cold.
2. Coronavirus pneumonia is a dry cough with no runny nose.
3. This new virus is not heat-resistant and will be killed by a temperature of just 26/27 Celsius. It hates the Sun.
4. If someone sneezes with it, it takes about 10 feet before it drops to the ground and is no longer airborne.
5. If it drops on a metal surface it will live for at least 12 hours - so if you come into contact with any metal surface - wash your hands as soon as you can with a bacterial soap.
6. On fabric, it can survive for 6-12 hours. normal laundry detergent will kill it.
7. Drinking warm water is effective for all viruses. Try not to drink liquids with ice.
8. Wash your hands frequently as the virus can only live on your hands for 5-10 minutes, but - a lot can happen during that time - you can rub your eyes, pick your nose unwittingly and so on.
9. You should also gargle as prevention. A simple solution of salt in warm water will suffice.
10. Can't emphasize enough - drink plenty of water!

PLEASE FORWARD THIS MESSAGE TO FAMILY, FRIENDS AND CO-WORKERS.

The admonishment about drinking water "to rinse the virus into your stomach" flew up red flags for me that this info may not be legit. Can anyone in the medical field substantiate or debunk the info here?

Been debunked on Snopes.

link   
An update for those who have been following David and Sally Abel's plight in Japan.

They are well and just did a short live broadcast on YouTube, already in the UK and being driven home by their son, Steve.

God help them if they get reinfected again! Maybe they were better off staying in Japan.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   
From BBC live Feed at 16h52 GMT and elsewhere :

"USA Confirms UK and Ireland on Travel Ban."

"US Citizens and Legal Residents will still be able to return, but via specific airports".

www.bbc.com...

edit on 14-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted but I will give a report on the state of America from the Midwest.

The rush to buy toilet paper, hand sanitizer , and disinfectant is over. You are finding gold if you find those items today.

What is the new hot commodity????

Ammo! It’s flying off the shelves. 9mm will be so hard to find soon, and I’m sure more calibers will follow .

America is going to be a mess if this turns into another Italy across the land, if the virus mutates into something more dangerous or this is with us beyond people’s food stock, things will become scary in America.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ARM1968

The death rate in Italy is also tracking around 6-8%.

But also look at South Korea - over 8000 infections there alone and their death rate is reportedly 0.9%

Different strains, different populations, different containment and treatment measures etc. all are factors to consider

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: UFO1414
Lotsa firsts recorded.

www.worldometers.info...

Puerto Rico too. It's everywhere.

The hell is that bra advert on the right mentioning Corona for? - are they using the pandemic to sell bras, or do you get a free Corona beer with your first bra fitting?

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I know this has been posted but 3,497 new cases in Italy with 175 new deaths.

It looks like Italy will reach half of China's cases possibly by next weekend. That will be 40k cases, unless this lockdown works.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: clay2 baraka

This part was DEINITELY legit.

No. That part is nonsense. As is most of it.
An ability to hold your breath does not mean you are not infected.
factcheck.afp.com...

Thank you, Phage!

I figured the part about holding your breath was the most credible part (based on personal experience with pneumonia)..

A LOT on there seemed to be half truths..
edit on 3/14/2020 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

The exercise of holding your breath for 10 seconds does in fact show if one has fibrosis of the lungs,an advanced condition
And primary cause for most hospital visits.
However it does not detect milder symptoms as those seen in asymptomatic patients.
I believe what is being expressed is that if one is not in respiratory distress, not to seek medical attention potentially overloading the system.
edit on 14-3-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: all2human

The exercise of holding your breath for 10 seconds does in fact show if one has fibrosis of the lungs.

Do you think COVID 19 causes fibrosis?

link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: MonkeyBalls2
So what good is testing outside of providing statistics, identification, and demographics?

Maybe this is a back-door way to get a whole lot of people's DNA.

I know I won't be getting tested, unless I'm on deaths door and can't object.

That said, I'll be really happy when lots and lots of people do get tested, because it will show just how overblown the fear is.

link   
bloody el...

people getting mugged for toilet rolls now:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

A 56-year-old shopper was mugged for his toilet paper just moments after leaving a store in London as panic about the coronavirus epidemic leads to wide-spread stockpiling. Dinendra was leaving a Savers store in Harringay, north London, around 3.30pm when someone ran up behind him and snatched one of the two toilet rolls he was carrying. He was left shaken after the broad-daylight attack and lodged a report with the police - but insists 'it's not the value of the toilet roll, its the principle'.

Maybe someone needed a poop quick time but there were no toilets nearby.

On a more serious note... things are getting desperate. Seriously no shops nearby with toilet paper???

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   

yes and no

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   

You're half right.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: all2human

yes and no

Apparently it can cause some fibrosis:

Ge predicts that patients who recover from COVID-19 will have normal heart function. "There may be some evidence of lung fibrosis, but the myocardial injury we're seeing – the troponin and pro-BNP elevation – I believe they will normalize after discharge," Ge says.

www.acc.org...

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Is this scaremongering or the truth??

America's hospitals will be overrun with coronavirus in just EIGHT DAYS: Obama's Medicare boss issues dire warning as doctors say as many as 500,000 are already infected and 10 MILLION will need care

www.dailymail.co.uk...

America's hospitals will be overrun with coronavirus patients in just eight days and face months of strain, according to Obama's former Medicare boss. Andy Slavitt, former Acting Administrator of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, issued the dire warning on Twitter on Saturday along with a string of advice for the public, governments and health workers. 'Last night I was on with state & local officials around the US well into the night. 'By March 23 many of our largest cities & hospitals are on course to be overrun with cases,' he wrote.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Your half-wrong

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka

What about male fertility. I have a friend that is sterile from mumps as a kid. Viruses can impact this. Reality is, we don’t know how this will effect us long term. And our children.

www.medrxiv.org...

edit on 14-3-2020 by Zipper because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Incorrect.

Fibrosis is the result of long term damage. It is not a diagnostic indicator for CORVID.
edit on 3/14/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join