It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: LuckyCharmz

Your wrong about the virus, not being isolated and cultured. Yet you could care less since well it’s obvious you care less about facts and more about emotions and posting on a forum on the Internet, an inherent piece of technology you get to utilize, because of the very type of thinkers your insulting. Now if you don’t mind stop interrupting the grown ups. I AM sure you already are running thru the patience of dtom.
edit on 14-3-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueSwan

originally posted by: texasgirl

Here in Collins County Texas all nonessential court cases have been suspended.

Curious to know what's included in "nonessential", or rather what types of cases will still go ahead?

Elective surgery, for example.

link   

originally posted by: LuckyCharmz
a reply to: tetra50

I'll criticize whatever I want....that's the difference between me and the rest of u lap dogs....I prefer the truth to "kissing ass"

I came to this site after a long time to see the discussion on this topic. And I'm extremely disappointed in the lack of critical thinking I'm seeing here. Not what I expected.

You guys got nothing to add on the fact that the virus has never been isolated in any test. All I see is a circle jerk about buying toilet paper and what football game is canceled.

Hey Mr. Magically Delicious:
Have you read, perhaps 500 or more pages of this thread and all its incarnations....? Lapdogs? Really? We've covered everything you are currently referencing. If you won't take the time to read, then you shouldn't be judging and throwing around your opinions......

we've been doing LOTS AND LOTS of critical thinking and analysis, and sry, not jumping in anyone's lap looking for a pet here or there.
regards and stay safe,
tetra50
edit on 14-3-2020 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

link   
News from the front line in the UK - from a head pharamcologist I've been speaking to at a major hospital in a city in the North of England (not the hospital I've mentioned previously - that one now has 4 cases and it's still not being reported even in the local newspaper).

Anyway believe this or not, but it's 100% accurate.

This person says that they now have people requiring critical care of ALL ages, and she says that smokers ARE being hit particularly badly - shame I still smoke.

I think the hope that a lot of people have that this will only badly effect the old or already ill is wishful thinking for obvious reasons, but what we've been seeing is the weakest succumbing first as you'd expect.

I also fear for the UK with this insane plan our government have of allowing 60%+ of the population to become infected, I think it's going to be a disaster that will end up making Italy etc look like a picnic.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   
The test amplifies genetic material....that's completely different from isolating the virus to prove its there....ur username says doctor so if u really are then u would know amplification can easily be contaminated....and the main point is that they are checking for a partial viral sequence....u cant identify any one virus that way.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: clay2 baraka

Curious to know what's included in "nonessential", or rather what types of cases will still go ahead?

Im in NY, with this Cuomo passed a bill all elective surgeries are on hold

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   
British Columbia Canada has announced nine new cases of novel coronavirus in the province, bringing the total number of confirmed cases to 73.

People..I know it's serious and your worried and your scared for your family, for your children but.. Calm.. Think..
Out there shopping.. panicked.. Stop for a min and think.. really think.
Turn off the TV..stop allowing the media to whip you into a frenzy.
Regain control use reason... But yes be aware be prepared.

I worry for those less fortunate for the old the elderly.. It's hard enough for them to get out to shop. The virus already targets them by their age and now everyone is keeping them or hindering them from even the simplest things such as..toilet paper.
Do we want to be remembered for this behaviour... do we want to allow this to shape who we are..

Compassion, understanding.. helping each other and being calm when there is an emergency is what we need to do.
Once you have what you need.. Try to calm yourselves.. Watch a movie with your family, Eat a good meal but please just remain calm be the example and help the people you can.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Just watching this on BBC news channel now and it's really interesting and found a link for you guys to watch too

www.bbc.co.uk...

Shows a young nurse who got infected whilst working, she had to live with her husband until a bed became free. She was very ill but finally gets better. Shows the measures taken in China from only 600 people infected- and looking back now you realise we here in the west could not (and have not) taken those steps. The mobilisation is crazy.
Now i am highly critical of the CCP and lack of freedom for the people etc and we of course don't know the truth of the origin of this virus. But the way they seemed to all work together is pretty amazing (volunteers doing drug drops, chinese HIV patients donating their drugs to strangers who couldn't access any at the hospital).
Just a bit of insight into the lockdown (wuhan is still locked down at the moment i think)
Also scary to think here in the UK we are heading for similar numbers with a risky herd immunity strategy which could have disastrous consequences.
Well worth a watch imo
(now im gonna catch up on the thread!!)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I understand that elective surgeries will be cancelled, but Texasgirl was saying that some court cases will be suspended. Just wondering which ones may still go ahead.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: tetra50

a reply to: tetra50

I'll criticize whatever I want....that's the difference between me and the rest of u lap dogs....I prefer the truth to "kissing ass"

I came to this site after a long time to see the discussion on this topic. And I'm extremely disappointed in the lack of critical thinking I'm seeing here. Not what I expected.

You guys got nothing to add on the fact that the virus has never been isolated in any test. All I see is a circle jerk about buying toilet paper and what football game is canceled.

Have you read, perhaps 500 or more pages of this thread and all its incarnations....? Lapdogs? Really? We've covered everything you are currently referencing. If you won't take the time to read, then you shouldn't be judging and throwing around your opinions......

we've been doing LOTS AND LOTS of critical thinking and analysis, and sry, not jumping in anyone's lap looking for a pet here or there.
regards and stay safe,
tetra50
You are far too polite!

link   

a reply to: clay2 baraka

What do u mean? Ur the only one trolling

U cant even come to terms with the obvious.

Mark my words...this will blow over like nothing

Government will claim victory from all the "measures" they took

And you suckers will eat it up

Wow, this site is a hollow shell of what it used to be.

Pure irony from the person that registered for ATS today.

Perhaps (if like a lot of us here) you’d been following since December 2019 the thousands of posts and updates on this topic here you’d be better placed to pass comment.

Good luck.

MR

link   
a reply to: JamieJJones

Well they are saying underlining conditions. Yet truly understanding what that means seems to be something difficult for THEM, to explain what that means. I would guess smoking, obesity, high blood pressure, asthma etc. For some reason, people are thinking it can only hurt old people. Yet a virus out there we have no immunity to, still allot unknown scares me a tad. To sum it up we will hear stories of people who get it and be ok from all ages and we will hear stories of people who get it of all ages and not be ok.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   

French authorities have warned that widely used over-the-counter anti-inflammatory drugs may worsen the coronavirus.

The country’s health minister, Olivier Véran, who is a qualified doctor and neurologist, tweeted on Saturday: “The taking of anti-inflammatories [ibuprofen, cortisone … ] could be a factor in aggravating the infection. In case of fever, take paracetamol. If you are already taking anti-inflammatory drugs, ask your doctor’s advice.”

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent

Well they are saying underlining conditions. Yet truly understanding what that means seems to be something difficult for THEM, to explain what that means. I would guess smoking, obesity, high blood pressure, asthma etc. For some reason, people are thinking it can only hurt old people. Yet a virus out there we have no immunity to, still allot unknown scares me a tad. To sum it up we will hear stories of people who get it and be ok from all ages and we will hear stories of people who get it of all ages and not be ok.

France and Italy and Spain are quite heavy smokers.
Germany isn't really, as far as I know.

Gresce is also pretty much a smoking country, from what I saw.

UK Smoked quite a bit, probably still does.

Wonder if Vaping is just as 'dangerous' to the Lungs ?

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   

French authorities have warned that widely used over-the-counter anti-inflammatory drugs may worsen the coronavirus.

The country’s health minister, Olivier Véran, who is a qualified doctor and neurologist, tweeted on Saturday: “The taking of anti-inflammatories [ibuprofen, cortisone … ] could be a factor in aggravating the infection. In case of fever, take paracetamol. If you are already taking anti-inflammatory drugs, ask your doctor’s advice.”

www.theguardian.com...

I was reading about that yesterday, anti inflammatories and cortisol aggravate the virus.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent

I think the reality from what I've heard is that people with serious illnesses may well be more likely to die, as they would be from contracting any other disease.

Apart from that age, health etc will make little difference, it will all come down to your personal genetics and the strain of virus you get.

It's like a live or die DNA lottery.

link   

originally posted by: 68Satellite
British Columbia Canada has announced nine new cases of novel coronavirus in the province, bringing the total number of confirmed cases to 73.

People..I know it's serious and your worried and your scared for your family, for your children but.. Calm.. Think..
Out there shopping.. panicked.. Stop for a min and think.. really think.
Turn off the TV..stop allowing the media to whip you into a frenzy.
Regain control use reason... But yes be aware be prepared.

I worry for those less fortunate for the old the elderly.. It's hard enough for them to get out to shop. The virus already targets them by their age and now everyone is keeping them or hindering them from even the simplest things such as..toilet paper.
Do we want to be remembered for this behaviour... do we want to allow this to shape who we are..

Compassion, understanding.. helping each other and being calm when there is an emergency is what we need to do.
Once you have what you need.. Try to calm yourselves.. Watch a movie with your family, Eat a good meal but please just remain calm be the example and help the people you can.

This isn't Facebook,

The only way this information is helpful I guess is for people that are just now looking into the site.

I don't really see anybody panic posting here. There have been a few. I'm already, ready and I haven't even been to a grocery store in a few days. I was stocked up on tp back when South Korea had the shortage. I havnt even bought any in weeks.

Most of us here have already prepared a long time ago. I think you might need to post that on social media sites.

A lot of us have been following this from the beginning and are well aware of what's going on. If people would take the time to read the many hundreds of pages, they would learn stuff that is here that the media has not covered, or learn it before the media.

Thank you for your concern, but it is uneducated people on the matter that you should be telling this to.

link   
a reply to: LuckyCharmz

So when amplifying genetic material for a test we just amplify everything right? Instead of isolating then amplifying what we want to test for? This is remedial and very basic, we grow this every day in-vitro, drug companies are working on a rapid screening test that should be finished in the next few months with lower error rates.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyBalls2

Wonder if Vaping is just as 'dangerous' to the Lungs ?

I can tell you from experience it still causes inflammation in my throat, I realize it affects everyone differently, however that was my experience.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: cirrus12

There's still no treatment for the virus. It will come back with a vengeance as soon as china opens everything back up. There was really no point to what they did.

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join