It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 281
<< 278  279  280    282  283  284 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

She doesn't think schools will be open again for this school year.

Any other state Governors saying this yet?

Governor isn't but the DOE (In Hawaii all public schools are under state, rather than local, jurisdiction) is considering lowering graduation requirements for seniors. Online schooling at that scale and preparedness is of questionable value.

There are 10,000 public high school seniors eligible to graduate this summer. Thousands of other students in private schools have been attending class remotely.

But offering distance learning options is far more difficult for public school students — not least of which because not all of them may have computers at home.

www.msn.com...

edit on 3/28/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: elitegamer23

originally posted by: Aptom90
As expected New York's evening update was even higher adding 155. That's 277 in New York State in one day!

For those of us in the United States these are the last few daily death figures.

Daily deaths in the USA from Covid19

3/21: +46
3/22: +113
3/23: +141
3/24: +225
3/25: +247
3/26: +268
3/27: +401
3/28: +506

When 1000+ are dying a day in the USA, I wonder if the few on here in denial will still hold onto their silly arguments .

If you know anyone who works in healthcare message them and tell them you’re proud of them .

Those in healthcare on the front lines in this war will go down as some of the most talked-about heroes of our generation. God bless them. Service to others = best of humanity

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Abbott Labs receives FDA approval for rapid COVID-19 test
By Max A. Cherney
Published: Mar 27, 2020 7:57 pm ET
Abbott Laboratories ABT-1.65% said late Friday that it received emergency use authorization from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for a rapid COVID-19 test. Abbott stock rose 2.1% in the extended session Friday. The company said that the molecular point-of-care test can be run with one of Abbot's portable platforms called ID Now and will detect a positive result for COVID-19 in "as little as five minutes" and determine negative results in 13 minutes. The portable testing platform weighs 6.6 pounds and is about the size of a small toaster, the company said, and is "already the most widely available molecular point-of-care testing platform in the U.S. today." Abbott said that it will make the rapid tests available to healthcare providers involved in urgent care next week and is working with the government to determine where they can have the largest impact. The company said that between this and a separate testing platform it will have the capacity for about five million tests a month.

www.marketwatch.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   

'It manifested very differently': Woman with coronavirus couldn't speak or walk

au.news.yahoo.com...

Australians could be tracked via their mobile phones to trace who they've come into contact with if diagnosed with coronavirus.
9n ews

Coronavirus: Italy becoming impatient with lockdown - and social unrest is brewing
news.sky.com...

U.S. military command teams in charge of protecting homeland security are being isolated in the infamous Cheyenne mountain bunker where they will remain 'sealed off' until the coronavirus pandemic passes

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Wonder how many people are in bunkers now.

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: primalfractal

We're being tracked for sure, the West Australia police commissioner made a statement a while back about some new tracking system that they started using.

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Yea they been tracking everyone covertly for years, this would be the official version I guess. Wondered if we will be getting virus drones.

Coronavirus Australia: ’Pandemic drones’ and rapid test kits may be deployed to fight COVID-19

7 news.com.au

So the surveillance police state is coming along well.
edit on 28-3-2020 by primalfractal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: primalfractal

What a great opportunity they have to expand on the police state we live in, although where I am police are still breaking social distancing requirements they are rbt and rdt testing without any protective gear, I suspect there's going to be a lot of sick police soon.

They've already been using drones around here looking for weed.

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   
New Hawaii numbers.

Total cases: 151 (up 29 from yesterday, largest daily increase I think)
Hospitalized: 12
Released (recovered?): 39
Fatalities: 0

health.hawaii.gov...
edit on 3/28/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Urns in Wuhan far exceed death toll, raising more questions about China’s tally

A single mortuary has had 5,000 urns delivered over the past two days, double the city's reported coronavirus death toll

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Data for Texas and for Dallas

Known cases deaths
---------------------------
... 2052 ......... 27
..... 439 ......... 9

McKinney resident decides to sue mayor for issuing strict lockdown saying that there's no justification for making it stricter than the county orders.

And the thing that I worried about... two postal employees test positive for COVID-19

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

A sub link

“We’re giving freedom to allow people to decide for themselves what is most essential to them versus having the government tell them this is the things we deem essential for you,” said Collin County Commissioner Darrell Hale.

www.wfaa.com... a9bd-ab2f899c041e

What could possibly go wrong?

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I posted this link in another thread discussing the possibility of coronavirus spreading unchecked prior to detection. I’m not seeing anything in the seasonal flu statistics that would lead me to believe that is the case, but if anyone else can take a look and agree or disagree, it’s at least some relevant information to add to the discussion.
www.gov.uk...

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 08:51 PM
link   
www.thedrive.com...

U.S. Northern Command has dispersed essential command and control teams to multiple hardened locations, including the famous Cheyenne Mountain bunker complex in Colorado, as well as another unspecified site, and is keeping them in isolation. The command took these steps to help ensure these personnel can continue to watch around the clock for potential threats to the U.S. homeland as the COVID-19 pandemic continues to expand across the country and around the world, including within the U.S. military.

Panic now?

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ComebackLogic

There are various links spread throughout this thread which go to legitimate research showing that (unlike Flu) Covid-19 (coronavirus) is contagious in people who have no symptoms...

It's good that the UK government has that information 'out there'...
edit on 28-3-2020 by lostgirl because: clarity

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

I'm not panicking you're panicking!

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostsock
a reply to: Stormdancer777

I'm not panicking you're panicking!

Maybe a little.

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostgirl
a reply to: ComebackLogic

There are various links spread throughout this thread which go to legitimate research showing that (unlike Flu) Covid-19 (coronavirus) is contagious in people who have no symptoms...

It's good that the UK government has that information 'out there'...

Mmm, I keep digging around to see what’s out there, but there’s not much solid data to be had. Tons of speculative theories, even from supposedly reputable sources. You can’t spell global pandemic without global panic!
edit on 28-3-2020 by ComebackLogic because: Typo

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Byrd

A sub link

“We’re giving freedom to allow people to decide for themselves what is most essential to them versus having the government tell them this is the things we deem essential for you,” said Collin County Commissioner Darrell Hale.

www.wfaa.com... a9bd-ab2f899c041e

What could possibly go wrong?

Yeah. With reported cases doubling overnight and deaths up as well. What could possibly go wrong? My friend who owns a comic and games shop is very angry at this man.

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 09:43 PM
link   
USA is sitting just under 20,000 confirmed today and just under 500 deaths.

Everyone is just over reacting and it’s a nothing burger 🙄

CFR for USA has been creeping up. Now is standing at 1.8%.

I’m not religious but if you are , please pray for the USA, pray for New York , pray for all of humanity , pray for the front line health care workers! Even the janitors at the hospitals are putting their lives on the line.

Stay safe ATS!!

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: elitegamer23

I think you missed a 0.

new topics

top topics

<< 278  279  280    282  283  284 >>

join