It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 258
<< 255  256  257    259  260  261 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
But I can only say this, Japan is going to get hit real hard within the next 2 weeks

You've been kicking that can down the road since mid February... I think the expiration date on your jar of predictions has long since expired. Just sayin'.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Your post is not going to age well. Those of us who have been here since Thread 1, have seen many come and go haven't we? One chap was hostile for 6 weeks, attacking everyone who dared to suggest what was coming and now there are 500,000 global infections, doubling every 2 to 3 days.

PS: I think he removed himself in shame by Thread 3

edit on 26-3-2020 by tlearyus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: tlearyus

Mate you need to learn more about the situation in Italy, Spain and the UK right now. What's happening in Europe is nothing compared to what is about to happen in the USA, especially given people like you and your stupid loony tunes leader are in denial and ignorant about the nature of a Global pandemic.

www.youtube.com...

Ya, I keep hearing that. "Just wait a few days and you'll see" has been oft said the past, oh, 3 weeks. So far, de nada.

Like I said people in Alaska have no clue what New York is going through right now .

I’m sure the hospital my mom works at in the Midwest has more Coronavirus patients than all of Alaska .
edit on 26-3-2020 by elitegamer23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   

It’s pretty serious in certain spots in the mainland. Saying not enough people are dying should not be the barometer of how serious a event that is occurring on the planet is that is effecting pretty much everyone but Antarcticians etc. BUT I see what your doing so I will leave it there. 😛🥩
edit on 26-3-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Your post is not going to age well. Those of us who have been here since Thread 1, have seen many come and go haven't we? One chap was hostile for 6 weeks, attacking everyone who dared to suggest what was coming and now there are 500,000 global infections, doubling every 2 to 3 days.

Or did he just mutate?

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I've been very active across all 5 thread, Columbo I dare not suggest anything, I'm openly stating that you're over reacting to an over hyped flu. What's coming is a catastrophic loss of freedoms, wealth, and progress thanks to people acting like scared children fleeing a boogeyman that's mostly bark with a bite slightly worse than a serious flu year. What's aging poorly is the mass hysteria and groups clammoring all over themselves to be the first to the bottom over a flu virus.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: elitegamer23

Mate you need to learn more about the situation in Italy, Spain and the UK right now. What's happening in Europe is nothing compared to what is about to happen in the USA, especially given people like you and your stupid loony tunes leader are in denial and ignorant about the nature of a Global pandemic.

www.youtube.com...

Ya, I keep hearing that. "Just wait a few days and you'll see" has been oft said the past, oh, 3 weeks. So far, de nada.

Like I said people in Alaska have no clue what New York is going through right now .

I’m sure the hospital my mom works at in the Midwest has more Coronavirus patients then all of Alaska .

Probably does... that's what happens when people live right on top of each other in a fishbowl... but, at the end of the day we're seeing a metropolitan area with 22 million residents, 0.2% of whom are sick and 0.002% of whom are in hospitals and that's grounds for all Hell to break loose? LMAO... I don't see it.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: elitegamer23

www.youtube.com...

I’m sure the hospital my mom works at in the Midwest has more Coronavirus patients then all of Alaska .

Probably does... that's what happens when people live right on top of each other in a fishbowl... but, at the end of the day we're seeing a metropolitan area with 22 million residents, 0.2% of whom are sick and 0.002% of whom are in hospitals and that's grounds for all Hell to break loose? LMAO... I don't see it.

You’re right man , the WHOLE WORLD is over reacting .

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: DankyDSmythe

I have not heard that.

What I can say is that preparations for things becoming much more serious are underway. By that I mean full on support - military aid to the civil authority. Op Trumpeter for example would see service personnel on the streets in support of the civil authority in many different ways.

There are other ops now ongoing and others on standby. Tanker drivers, distribution hubs, transport, medical, civil order, admin, planning, stores, help in planning, logistics, identifying areas for use, the list goes on. I know that in some cases those leaving the military, discharges, have been stopped/delayed, postings/assignments stopped/delayed, personnel being recalled. Another forces mate of mine has seen movement of medical equipment headed down south.

Life goes on at my location as I have previously described. As we have a critical defence role and asset we are not involved directly with MACA. There are some who are involved having to go but not many. Our priority task is to support the critical defence asset.

I have never seen anything like this. The military, we are always trained to plan for the worst case scenario. There are always plans for everything. The big difference this time is that we are actually preparing and implementing, that's no small thing. That makes me believe TBTB know #. No idea how many of us will go down with the virus or what our causality rate will be.

I don't know what's happening NHS wise. I'm only hearing what the average joe public is. They are obviously struggling but to what extent I don't know. I'd expect it to vary from area to area. NHS is recalling as many health professionals as they can. There is no doubt in my mind that they are under massive strain.

On a personal level I am a wee bit concerned that I may have to leave the family at some point in the near future during this time. I think there will have to be some sort of enforced lockdown after observing how so many people have acted so far.

Like I have always said, I'm optimistic but I really don't know which direction this will all take or how bad it will truly become. I'm of the opinion that there are some areas that will be hit badly. The army isn't setting up a field hospital in a hard standing location, the excel cen in London for no reason. That place is huge. There are others locations being chosen and not just as hostipals, body storage, hubs of all kinds that I have heard and know of. Glad I'm in a rural area far from any city or town.

Look after each other and be kind. Respect to all those in our NHS.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   
This is a thread for Corona Virus updates.

There are plenty of other threads to debate the causes or seriousness of the disease.

Let's stay on topic, please.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: elitegamer23

Taking the numbers we've seen at face value, yes, they have been. Look, I get it... the difference between a recession and a depression: A recession is when your neighbor loses their job, a depression is when you lose your job. At the end of the day, however, yeah, it's mass hysteria on a level we've not seen before as a planet.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Come on guys!!!!
PLEASE READ THIS!
This thread is for Corona Virus UPDATES ONLY!!!

...not chit chat, SOAP BOX speeches, recipes, political trolling,class warfare, conspiracy theories, bigoted comments, medical advice, OFF TOPIC banter
ill-mannered remarks toward members or arguing....

Some NON-UPDATE threads here, feel free to join in any of these:
Diseases and Pandemics

Diseases and Pandemics:: Medical Disclaimer
This thread is NOT for discussion of alternative medical treatment of illnesses!!!

Members who continue to disrupt will face temporary posting bans. ATS will not allow the few to ruin it for everyone.

Go after the ball not the player.

Community Announcement re: Decorum

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility WILL face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Taking the numbers we've seen at face value, yes, they have been. Look, I get it... the difference between a recession and a depression: A recession is when your neighbor loses their job, a depression is when you lose your job. At the end of the day, however, yeah, it's mass hysteria on a level we've not seen before as a planet.

I have no doubts you being a true Merican, that you would gladly lay your life down for the economy and to save jobs.

I commend you on that !

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   

No, I just won't lay my freedoms down because in this country's 250 years millions have been sent to fight and die to secure those freedoms... we have 80,000 positive cases and 1200 deaths and that's enough to be expected to lay those freedoms down over? Bullsnip! The price was already paid for and we're several million away from even beginning to see the current value reach that price.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Let’s take the spotlight off the Burden, he’s been in the thread for hours letting us know this virus, belongs down in bottom of the virus hierarchy. on topic now. Check out this research being done in ICELAND. Pretty much the corona virus in this study reveal 50% of the cases were asymptomatic, we all know by now being in all these threads that it spreads in asymptomatic cases. Just a little heads up on some new data.

“Iceland’s population puts it in the unique position of having very high testing capabilities with help from the Icelandic medical research company deCode Genetics, who are offering to perform large scale testing,” Thorolfur Guðnason, Iceland’s chief epidemiologist, told BuzzFeed News. “This effort is intended to gather insight into the actual prevalence of the virus in the community, as most countries are most exclusively testing symptomatic individuals at this time.” Not all the results from Iceland’s tests have come through yet, but the ones that have, show that half of all cases are asymptomatic (at the time of testing).

Iceland’s testing suggests 50% of COVID-19 cases are asymptomatic
edit on 26-3-2020 by Bicent because: Auto correct

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Brick17
Thank you for your service Brother.
Are the Army well supplied with enough PPE for yourselves yet?
I know you alluded to problems on that front a few post back..
Stay safe.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Texas and Dallas update

As of 7:00 pm Central Standard Time

known cases deaths
--------------------------------------------------------------
Texas .................. 1396 .................. 18 (an increase of 422 known cases)
Dallas .................. 303 ................... 7 (an increase of 66 known cases)

Target has a number of areas that are picked over, but bread was restocked today. Pasta had also been pretty much picked over, as were hot dogs and sausages. No toilet paper. Randy's Tacos was open for takeout and they do make a tasty taco.

Sprouts, which just opened a few weeks ago, were fully stocked (they don't carry paper products but everything else looked good.) Streets were fairly quiet.

Our plan is to do a big 2 week buy next week and then avoid stores for the two weeks following.
edit on 26-3-2020 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   

I don't think you really understood what I was writing. It was about how Japan is to handle the crises before it happens. Not after it happens like I've seen here on the forum.
I think you always miss the point of what I'm trying to deliver. And that is the silence of truth not being told , but also being hidden.

Now only if we can buy some Alaskan salmon for sushi, I'd be able to calm down a bit.
But hey, I remember you saying something after I posted they are emptying the hospital beds for an emergency for the future placement of the infected. That is still true today. Although now the hospital is only open from 8am to noon time for appointments and Triage.
Anyway, I believe what I post is not fearmongering, but surely something to dwell upon, even if it means for our own survival in times like this.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Our hospitals here are already crying about being overstressed and we had our state's first 2 hospitalizations yesterday. They are claiming hardships from the virus before they even saw a patient with the virus. That tells me opportunism is afoot and I presume that's not unique to Alaska or America in all of this.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:44 PM
link   

No, I just won't lay my freedoms down because in this country's 250 years millions have been sent to fight and die to secure those freedoms... we have 80,000 positive cases and 1200 deaths and that's enough to be expected to lay those freedoms down over? Bullsnip! The price was already paid for and we're several million away from even beginning to see the current value reach that price.

The only freedom I have currently lost is the freedom to walk into McDonald’s to order a cheeseburger .

top topics

<< 255  256  257    259  260  261 >>

join