It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 257
<< 254  255  256    258  259  260 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Bicent

I think the Constitution *should* block that over reach from happening... unfortunately we're living the tyranny of the majority right now and the majority are over reactive scared children being played like a fiddle by this horsesnip, so there we are...

You're thinking like the American Constitution is viable over the whole world.
It isn't. USA does not equal World.

The World is reacting to this in different ways, the American Cosntitution isn't part of it. Not even a small part of it.
In France, laws like this are passed, and they are reviewed periodically, and then recalled.

We had a little thing called the 1789 revolution whereby the Leaders had their heads chopped off.
The leaders here, know that they are not immune from that happening again (metaphorically).

This isn't a Power Grab by the Elite or those in Power. That is ONE thing you and the rest of America need to get straight very quickly.

(If you want to debate further, lets PM, this is going to be deleted anyway soon.)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Coronavirus : NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio says at least half a million New Yorkers will be unemployeda reply to: burdman30ott6

I understand that’s your opinion, you lucky your up in Alaska, and not at a epicenter, I am sure your friends or family are not being effected by the pandemic etc. a different reality than those in an environment where the pandemic is effecting lives. NYC is in a bad way and as long as people can travel in and out of that state the virus will continue to spread wash and repeat into other cities and states. It’s killing people, bankrupting people, etc. nothing but negative effects are occurring with this pandemic. I dunno, the nature of this virus is dangerous, has no vaccine can be spread to other people by infected people who don’t know they are infected etc. something has to be done. I have already shared my opinions on how I feel about this. Also how it effects people when a ventilator is needed is different than the flu also. People need a ventilator for a longer duration, we learned that months ago.

New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio said Thursday that early estimates of unemployment data shows at least half a million New Yorkers have or will lose their jobs because of the coronavirus pandemic, which has forced state and local officials to shutter businesses and schools across the state. “It’s staggering, we’re only seeing the initial numbers, they will get worse unfortunately,” de Blasio said, adding that a lot of people can’t get even get through online or via phone to apply for unemployment.

edit on 26-3-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-3-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   
SOUTH AFRICA UPDATE (MIDNIGHT 27 MARCH 2020)

1. Total Cases 927
2. 0 fatalities
3. 2 critical/serious
4. The entire country is in lockdown for 21 days as of right now (midnight).
5. Army deployed to enforce lockdown.
6. Grocery stores and pharmacies remain open.

Fun fact :- South Africa has the highest number of cases without a single recorded fatality.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: pasiphae
We just passed China...

China is hiding the true, horrific numbers. Not accepting anyone with symptoms in hospitals now to keep the official numbers down.

They realize it's a losing battle until they find a vaccine.

If we don't find a vaccine we will all catch this at some point. It's not going anywhere anytime soon. Pandora's box has been opened.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyBalls2

I think the Constitution *should* block that over reach from happening... unfortunately we're living the tyranny of the majority right now and the majority are over reactive scared children being played like a fiddle by this horsesnip, so there we are...

The World is reacting to this in different ways, the American Cosntitution isn't part of it. Not even a small part of it.
In France, laws like this are passed, and they are reviewed periodically, and then recalled.

We had a little thing called the 1789 revolution whereby the Leaders had their heads chopped off.
The leaders here, know that they are not immune from that happening again (metaphorically).

This isn't a Power Grab by the Elite or those in Power. That is ONE thing you and the rest of America need to get straight very quickly.

(If you want to debate further, lets PM, this is going to be deleted anyway soon.)

To clarify straight up in this thread, I could not care less how the rest of the world conducts their business over their own population... sorry if my posts on this topic were confusing and lead to a belief that I was looking to scrap over responses outside the USA.

If the UK, France, Italy, China, whoever want to flex their fascist muscles over their own people, have at it.
When the US decided to do the same, I find myself rolling up my sleeves and looking to bust some jaws, however. I will not sit idly by as the US participates in this exercise in mass hysteria and mass over reaction bordering on hallucinations of doom.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Almost all of those unemplyed are on De Blasio and Cuomo's shoulders. They over reacted.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Aren't you guys already in lockdown? I don't see any civilian call to arms...

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   

President Trump said in a letter to U.S. governors on Thursday that his administration is working to publish new guidelines for state and local governments to use when making decisions about "maintaining, increasing or relaxing social distancing and other mitigation measures" for the coronavirus epidemic.

READ: President Trump's Letter To Governors On New Coronavirus Guidelines

To little to late. I hope I am wrong 🤞.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Update from Vermont - our Governor has ordered all schools to be closed for the remainder of the year.... that escalated quickly...

COVID-19: Vermont's students will continue remote learning for remainder of the school year

Spouse is a 1st grade teacher so guess she'll be teaching as best as possible remotely for the rest of this school year.

If I lose my job we don't have a sustainable income for our housing or other bills but I have enough savings to get us through several months.

Worst comes to worst I may have to start doing "UberEats" or some other gig work to bide more time so we don't fall behind on all of these bills

Times are getting tough for us and my company is being very guarded about any info regarding long-term employment status or plans *shrug*

I know I'm in a better situation than many others but I can't lie, I haven't been sleeping and feel like we're running out of options with our household (if I get laid off we're in for it but hopefully that doesn't happen)
edit on 26-3-2020 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Rumour from the UK - Don't know if Brick is about or if he's heard anything, anyway:

London hospitals now totally overwhelmed, making decisions not to put anyone over 65 with any form of serious health condition on ventilator, etc - they are are actively deciding who not to treat.

London will be on total lockdown by this weekend - only NHS, Police, Fire Service allowed to move withn capital, Army checkpoints and all that jazz.

Rest of UK on same lockdown within a week of that (by next weekend).

Govt suspect over 250,000 deaths by end.

I cannot vouch for the validity of this rumour, it's supposedly coming from a senior NHS employee, who's boss is in direct contact with the government.

Tempus Omnia Revelat.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Again....

“One last point here: Ferguson gives the lockdown credit, which is *interesting* — the UK only began [its] lockdown 2 days ago, and the theory is that lockdowns take 2 weeks or more to work,”

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Jake Tapper on CNN just confirmed that New Yorkers are spreading coronavirus all over the country. Azzhole sounded pretty pleased about it too.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

That’s my point. A virus, has better survival instincts than human beings.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyBalls2

To clarify straight up in this thread, I could not care less how the rest of the world conducts their business over their own population... sorry if my posts on this topic were confusing and lead to a belief that I was looking to scrap over responses outside the USA.

If the UK, France, Italy, China, whoever want to flex their fascist muscles over their own people, have at it.
When the US decided to do the same, I find myself rolling up my sleeves and looking to bust some jaws, however. I will not sit idly by as the US participates in this exercise in mass hysteria and mass over reaction bordering on hallucinations of doom.

I'll agree with you 100% on that.

Have a beer on me (I've had a few, lol).

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Taken from a Guardian newspage. Things that shocked me. If one is even capable of being shocked any more. Only 275 beds in London normally?? I read the Army is being trained to deliver oxygen. Planned staffing levels for ICU patients to be 6:1. Normally 1:1. I know times are hard but I worked in HDU at 2:1 and have had multiple patients need critical intervention simultaneously. 6:1 means several will die when SHTF. I feel sorry for the student nurses being hoiked into this. Not only saddled with debt but probably too shell shocked to complete their training after the likes of this.

A lack of ventilators has forced NHS planners to explore whether one machine could be used to keep two patients alive, drastically increasing capacity at a stroke.

London will have 7,500 critical care beds by the end of next week – 27 times more than the 275 it had before the epidemic began in January.

There are fears that a lack of oxygen could hamper the drive to save lives through the massive expansion of critical care capacity – hospitals will need daily deliveries to service all the extra ventilators.

Doctors at the newly-created Nightingale hospital at London’s ExCel centre looking after thousands of patients receiving life-or-death care will work there for at least six weeks, working five days in a row before having a break – and sleep on site.
www.theguardian.com...
The sheer number of patients falling ill will see the usual staffing ratios in intensive care units scrapped temporarily so that one intensive care nurse is looking after six patients rather than one – in what doctors privately warned was an “unbelievable” relaxation that would hit care standards.

edit on 3/26/2020 by checkmeout because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAZ21

Alaska? Not exactly. We have a "hunker down" plan in place here in Anchorage, but I can spend all damn day wandering around on the trails, in the parks, pretty much whatever we choose with zero implications. I believe the country has over reacted across the board, but a lot of places have gone off the deep end entirely.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAZ21

Alaska has 59 confirmed cases of the virus. They have no clue what New York is going through right now .

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   
So how is Japan going to handle the crises, and I do mean a major crises. We all know there are mentally deranged evil people on the loose just to see destruction. ( please protect the nuclear power plants now ) ( I also believe that is a major concern to control the spread, but how do we deal with such people ) Here is PM Abe's position on setting up the "State of Emergency" (not really called that, but that is what it means ) I think it should be in English for you to read. If not, just use Chrome and it will translate it into pretty good translation.
I'm still reading it at the moment, so I don't have a comment on it. But I can only say this, Japan is going to get hit real hard within the next 2 weeks because of "compassion" and " got to keep the beer flowing for cherry blossom season". What I mean by that is: let the people have one last good time.
Don't believe me: look what happened after the Marti Gras in New Orleans just weeks later.
See how it all falls into place: lets all have fun under the sun for one last time, and that is what my "street talk" was all about. The silent message from MIM.
Take care everyone. It's now a WORLD DEPRESSION of an unknown consequences .

Japan's SOE: www3.nhk.or.jp...

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Mate you need to learn more about the situation in Italy, Spain and the UK right now. What's happening in Europe is nothing compared to what is about to happen in the USA, especially given people like you and your stupid loony tunes leader are in denial and ignorant about the nature of a Global pandemic.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 26-3-2020 by tlearyus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: tlearyus

Mate you need to learn more about the situation in Italy, Spain and the UK right now. What's happening in Europe is nothing compared to what is about to happen in the USA, especially given people like you and your stupid loony tunes leader are in denial and ignorant about the nature of a Global pandemic.

www.youtube.com...

Ya, I keep hearing that. "Just wait a few days and you'll see" has been oft said the past, oh, 3 weeks. So far, de nada.

new topics

top topics

<< 254  255  256    258  259  260 >>

join