It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 261
<< 258  259  260    262  263  264 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
A little Italian update: March 27 Friday Tokyo time 11 am

1. Italy death rate now exceeds 8000 cases
2. It is true that Italy has the highest number of deaths from the new coronavirus in Italy, with more than 8,000 deaths, and the northern governor, the most severely infected, complaining of lack of doctors and nurses
3. On the 26th of March the death amount increased by 662
4. And sadly, in Italy, doctors and nurses have been reported to be infected in hospitals one after another.According to the National Institutes of Health, more than 6,400 health care workers have been infected so far, resulting in a serious labor shortage.

After this tragic event the world is going be full of so many heroes that gave their all inside hospitals all across the planet .

We also cannot forget the minimum wage employees in the gas stations, super markets, and anywhere else that kept the world stocked and the food on the shelves . All these people are risking their lives heading out while the virus is all around them .

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DankyDSmythe

Enjoyed that, thanks!

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   
New Mexico is now at 136. up 36 from yesterday and 1 death. The hospitals here are in short supply of masks like every hospital across the country ; yet only 136 patients between all of the hospitals in New Mexico . A nurse I know told me the hospitals are telling them to re-use masks because of the short supply. Looks like they did not have enough masks to begin with. So they got very clever and put the idea on the news for other hospitals.

Here is clever idea one hospital has implemented. On the news here a nurse practitioner with a very clever idea said that in order to save on masks and further exposure they have installed longer lines on the IV pumps. placing the pumps in the hallway instead of the room. This way they can administer any medicine through IV pump, and make adjustment to IV pumps without further contamination and saving on masks. Very cleaver idea.

edit on 26-3-2020 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 09:57 PM
link   
NC now 829 cases, 2 deaths, both in my county (one was a couple traveling thru NC from New Orleans on their way back to Virginia. The man (66) fell ill while they were staying overnight). Three counties in the Charlotte metro area have issued "stay at home" proclamations - Mecklenburg, Cabarrus, and Gaston. I think they all are in effect til April 16. Also Wake, Orange, and Durham counties (Raleigh-Durham area)

SC 456 cases, 9 deaths.

Trump declared NC a disaster area (this allows access to federal funding and reimbursement for response costs)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   
No case update for Hawaii as yet but there is this:

Honolulu police have issued 70 citations and made two arrests for violating the stay-at-home orders put in place to try to to slow the spread of the coronavirus, with most of those people cited in public parks after ignoring officers’ instructions to leave, according to a police spokeswoman.

www.staradvertiser.com...

Good. I haven't been out for three days but the traffic on the road near my house still sounds pretty heavy.

Statewide mandate for anyone traveling from outside the state to self isolate for 14 days.

edit on 3/26/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Went shopping today here in Queensland, lots of families about shopping due to School closures and not a mask in sight accept me.
Had a guy approach me and laughingly say, mask aren't necessary, they don't help at all, don't you watch TV and follow the advice they give?
I replied with, you mean the same advice they gave that this isn't easily spread from human to human, children can't infect adults and you can't catch it from an infected person within 15 minutes or less?
He said, look around, only the idiots are wearing them. I said, that's me, I'm one of those idiots, along with Doctors and Nurses and the billions of Asians.

Boy do I feel alone right now in my "protect others" delusions

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 10:05 PM
link   
CELEBRITIES COVID19

Celebs who have died

Floyd Cardoz, 59. Celebrity chef, “Top Chef Masters” winner. Died March 25 after diagnosis of COVID-19. He had been feeling unwell for about a week since returning from a trip to his native India.

David Edwards, 48, and Lee Green, 49. Standout college basketball players in the 1990s for, respectively, Texas A&M and St. John’s. Deaths announced March 23, not officially confirmed as COVID-19 deaths.

Manu Dibango, 86. Saxophonist from Cameroon, best-known for his 1972 hit “Soul Makossa,” whose hook Michael Jackson used in “Wanna Be Startin Somethin.” Died March 24 in Paris.

Terrence McNally, 81. Playwright and screenwriter: “Love! Valour! Compassion!”, “Frankie and Johnny in the Clair de Lune,” “Master Class.” Died March 24.

Reported cases

Albert II, prince of Monaco, 62.

John Bessler, 52. Law professor, husband of Sen. Amy Klobuchar.

Jackson Browne, 71. Singer-songwriter.

Charles, prince of Wales, 71.

Andy Cohen, 51. Talk show host.

Jason Collins, 41. Retired NBA player, Stanford basketball star.

Placido Domingo, 79. Opera singer.

Kevin Durant, 31. NBA player, formerly with Golden State Warriors.

Idris Elba, 47. Actor: “The Wire,” Heimdall in the Thor/Avengers movies.

Rudy Gobert, 27, and Donovan Mitchell, 23. NBA players, Utah Jazz.

Tom Hanks, 63, and Rita Wilson, 63. Actors.

Daniel Dae Kim, 51. Actor: “Lost,” “Hawaii Five-O”

Charlotte Lawrence, 19. Singer-songwriter, model.

Debi Mazar, 55. Actor: “L.A. Law,” “Goodfellas”

Rand Paul, 57. U.S. senator from Kentucky.

Francis Suarez, 42. Mayor of Miami.

Sophie Trudeau, 44. Wife of Canadian prime minister Justin Trudeau.

Colton Underwood, 28. “Bachelorette” contestant and subsequent star of TV’s “The Bachelor,” played on practice squads of NFL’s Chargers, Eagles and Raiders.

Harvey Weinstein, 68. Film producer, currently imprisoned in New York for sexual assault and rape.

Princ ess Greta also has Covid19

Celebs with Covid19

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Come on guys!!!!
PLEASE READ THIS!
This thread is for Corona Virus UPDATES ONLY!!!

...not chit chat, SOAP BOX speeches, recipes, political trolling,class warfare, conspiracy theories, bigoted comments, medical advice, OFF TOPIC banter
ill-mannered remarks toward members or arguing....

Some NON-UPDATE threads here, feel free to join in any of these:
Diseases and Pandemics

Diseases and Pandemics:: Medical Disclaimer
This thread is NOT for discussion of alternative medical treatment of illnesses!!!

Members who continue to disrupt will face temporary posting bans. ATS will not allow the few to ruin it for everyone.

Go after the ball not the player.

Community Announcement re: Decorum

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility WILL face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Well folks here's the big news: WHO Tedros Secretary General possible resignation might be in the works. (edited due to translation mistake)

As the spread of the new coronavirus continues, WHO has responded to the World Health Organization's Secretary-General Tedros, and on the Internet, he has been signing for resignation, saying, "I underestimated the situation." So far, more than 560,000 people have signed in favor of it.

"While we thought the WHO was politically neutral, we are really disappointed. Mr Tedros reported the number of deaths and infections reported by the Chinese government without any objective investigation ". Now you know why we overseas knew about his relationship with the CCP.

I don't think too many Chinese want him back in their country also. No place for him to hide. If you remember my post, the Japanese were all laughing at him because he was bought and paid for by the Chinese. Look at his home country for the proof.

edited due to what is been going on (mistake is on me due to language translation being rushed )
The above statement is MIM's "street talk " of the day.

edit on 0300000030202020-03-26T22:20:30-05:00203003pm10 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

edit on 0300000013212020-03-26T22:21:13-05:00211303pm10 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

edit on 0300000056402020-03-26T22:40:56-05:00405603pm10 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Byrd

Some of my friends in Texas have said the mom & pop and organic stores seem to be faring better for staple foods than the larger stores. If you're looking for pasta and such and can afford the higher prices, might be worth checking out there.

I can afford the higher prices -- and for awhile my strategy will be to buy some of my staples at higher priced places and leave Walmart and Dollar Stores for those who are struggling (we don't buy a lot of goods since there's just the two of us, but still....) I've got my goods for the week, though, and am going to hunker down and play Minecraft and do other things for the next week. My daughter and I will go shopping next Wednesday and I'll have a list of stores. I may order some things (toilet paper) a few days ahead and do curbside pickup. We'll do the same with a restaurant.

I appreciated that Target had distance markers for cash registers on the floor and someone at the door, wiping the handles of the shopping carts. This particular location is a wonderful store... they seem to take good care of their employees. HEB is also doing some excellent things for their employees, so they will get some of my business as well.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
Probably does... that's what happens when people live right on top of each other in a fishbowl... but, at the end of the day we're seeing a metropolitan area with 22 million residents, 0.2% of whom are sick and 0.002% of whom are in hospitals and that's grounds for all Hell to break loose? LMAO... I don't see it.

Remember that those are just the confirmed cases and that it's a serious undercounting of the cases.

Here in Texas, there's not enough test kits and it takes 3-4 days to get a result back. People have been turned away from testing sites for various reasons, so I expect that the numbers I gave are just the tip of an iceberg. It will take another 2-3 weeks to trickle down to the tiny towns here (and that will be a whole different emergency then.)

I'm reasonably confident with the mortality numbers but not with the morbidity numbers.

Also (re your comment about local hospitals), remember that this is also flu season and the flu didn't just go away when COVID-19 showed up. It's been a particularly bad year for flu, so, yes, your local hospital may have been at or near capacity.

edit on 26-3-2020 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I found out today from an owner of a golf course that if he and I were to play on his golf course and someone took a picture of us and turned it in there would be a 100,000 fine.. I do not know if that is the local currency or USD ? They have gotten serious about the lock down !

At least 9 medical personnel are reported to be among the 1,045 people in Thailand tested positive for the virus so far.

newsletter.thaivisa.com...

Thailand’s Disease Control Department (DCD) has forecast that the number of COVID-19 infections will increase to about 3,000 by the end of April, if the average rate of new infections stays at 100 per day.

Dr. Anupong Sujariyakul, a senior doctor at the DCD, said today that Thailand’s tipping point, which saw the new infections increase to 100 a day, occurred about a week ago when one single test started to be used for infection diagnosis.

newsletter.thaivisa.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Well folks here's the big news: WHO Tedros Secretary General resigns

As the spread of the new coronavirus continues, WHO has responded to the World Health Organization's Secretary-General Tedros, and on the Internet, he has been signing for resignation, saying, "I underestimated the situation." So far, more than 560,000 people have signed in favor of it.

"While we thought the WHO was politically neutral, we are really disappointed. Mr Tedros reported the number of deaths and infections reported by the Chinese government without any objective investigation ". Now you know why we overseas knew about his relationship with the CCP.

I don't think too many Chinese want him back in their country also. No place for him to hide. If you remember my post, the Japanese were all laughing at him because he was bought and paid for by the Chinese. Look at his home country for the proof.

The above statement is MIM's "street talk " of the day.

He hasn't resigned.

He's still Secretary General.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Well folks here's the big news: WHO Tedros Secretary General resigns

I can't find any news that says this. Only some links to people signing a petition for his resignation. Link please!

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Yes, true, but its talk that his position is not looking good.

I'll edited the title.

edit on 0300000046422020-03-26T22:42:46-05:00424603pm10 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Oh come on, gotta try to keep it real in here. Your notorious for exaggeration.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: new_here

I've edited the post ( see the edit )
Thank you.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

I've edited the post.
Thank you.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 10:45 PM
link   
From the three coronavirus cases reported on Tuesday aboard the USS Theodore Roosevelt (those three were flown off ship) they now have 24 aboard ship and are returning to port in Guam.

Meanwhile the US military is reporting 280 cases in total
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, but Faucci says that the virus is likely cyclical: (link to article)

I think his assessment is on the money and in the future, in addition to the seasonal flu we'll have a seasonal COVID-19 event. I am basing this on having had epidemiology courses at Texas Tech University medical school and having done published research (Texas Journal of Epidemiology) a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away (1982.)

We will have to develop some new strategies because we are at risk for this type of pandemic occuring again. It's the nature of a well-connected world -- what happens to one small corner of the world can move to other areas.
edit on 26-3-2020 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 258  259  260    262  263  264 >>

join