It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 243
<< 240  241  242    244  245  246 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   
A 21 year old with no underlying health conditions has just died after being tested positive for Covid-19 here in the UK.

So very sad.

news.sky.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Prince Charles has Covid-19 and a bad cough.

www.cnn.com...

Do people in the United Kingdom like this Prince? The Prince who hung out with Jeffrey Epstein didn't seem very well liked.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Not so much as an update, maybe more like a glimpse at what awaits many:

Today my wife is laying her dad to rest. A proud & loving man who was a Royal Marine for 38 years.
No funeral. No wake. No celebration of his life. Only a burial.
She’ll be with her brother, sister & mum. Nobody else. All stood apart.
Cherish what you have & think of others.

twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dem0nc1eaner
A 21 year old with no underlying health conditions has just died after being tested positive for Covid-19 here in the UK.

So very sad.

news.sky.com...

Impossible.
I have repeatedly been told here that it only kills the elderly and people with serious underlying health conditions.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   
UK only 11 deaths today, so there's some good news.

I also find Spain's numbers suspect, they appear to have come down a lot today, but they released them earlier than usual...their attempt to massage the numbers?
edit on 25-3-2020 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Pinellas County Florida has its stay at home order, Tampa Mayor said the same expect the county to follow probably by tomorrow at the latest.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Pinellas County Florida has its stay at home order, Tampa Mayor said the same expect the county to follow probably by tomorrow at the latest.

So what country has the better approach? India with its absolute lockdown of all its citizens for 21 days , or the USA with partial lockdowns where everyone is still working and going to Walmart .

The USA can talk about “ social distancing “ all they want but any American can tell you that most people don’t comprehend what social distancing entails, or even think this virus is serious .

I hope all of humanity can learn from this event and become a better species .

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Just got word that an older man from our church is heading in for surgery. Does not look good. Sounds like a blood clot on the brain.

The thing is, he was admitted to the hospital over the weekend. Diagnosed with pneumonia. Not saying he has Corona, but just seems like the timing is too coincidental.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Prince Charles has Covid-19 and a bad cough.

www.cnn.com...

Do people in the United Kingdom like this Prince? The Prince who hung out with Jeffrey Epstein didn't seem very well liked.

Think you’ll find it was Andrew that hung about with Epstein not Charles.

I would say Charles is tolerated more here but it’s his sons whom the public like and are very much in the public eye here.

MR

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Some Updates from Boris's Speech earlier (Fell free to correct me, I wrote this down quickly):

- There are 3 Types of Test available to the UK :

- Antibody Test - To see if you have had it already
- AntiGen Test - To see if you currently have it
- 3rd Test - Didn't pick up what it was.

- The 3.5 Million Tests will be available to current NHS Staff, Key Workers, and those NHS Staff currently self isolating, first and foremost.
- They seem to believe that once you have had the Virus, you are in some way immune.
- They still need to test the 'Tests' to see if they are viable, and accurate enough to be deployed, and basically, which tests work, and which tests don't. That will be done this week, and next week.
- Tests will NOT be available to the Public next week, or in the coming few days.

- As many as 50% of the UK population may have been exposed to the Virus, or "Already had it".
- 97,000 tests have been done in the UK so far.
- " We don't know the UK Infection rate"
- Bottleneck in ramping up testing (well, yes, the whole world wants Millions of these tests in each country...)

What I get from this, and earlier statements made by PHE, is that Public Health England is either not understanding the UK Govts information, or they are not collaborating in this response.
They don't seem to be in communication with each other.

(Also grabbed some info from the BBC Live Feed at various times following his speech.)
edit on 25-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: spelling and stuff

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Something odd with the Russian "aid" to Italy. The doctors are military, the supplies are faulty. People don't understand what they are doing there, why they are there. Perhaps a little more attention is in needed.

t.co...

twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   
From BBC Live Feed at 18.40 :

"British Diplomat, 37, Dies of Coronavirus"

A British diplomat has died in Hungary after contracting coronavirus.

Steven Dick, the deputy ambassador in the capital, Budapest, was aged 37.

Mr Dick, an Arabic speaker who had worked for some years in Kabul and Riyadh, took up his post in Hungary last year.

It is not known if he had any underlying medical conditions.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrRCflying
Just got word that an older man from our church is heading in for surgery. Does not look good. Sounds like a blood clot on the brain.

The thing is, he was admitted to the hospital over the weekend. Diagnosed with pneumonia. Not saying he has Corona, but just seems like the timing is too coincidental.

I think clotting can be a problem with this virus. One of the signs is elevated D-dimer (got this from a tweet by Craig Spencer MD. If you google that it indicates that there may be significant blood clot (thrombus) formation and breakdown in the body. So the combo of pneumonia and the clot to me looks like there's a probability. Who knows if they will test him or not.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: elitegamer23

originally posted by: Irishhaf

So what country has the better approach? India with its absolute lockdown of all its citizens for 21 days , or the USA with partial lockdowns where everyone is still working and going to Walmart .

The USA can talk about “ social distancing “ all they want but any American can tell you that most people don’t comprehend what social distancing entails, or even think this virus is serious .

I hope all of humanity can learn from this event and become a better species .

Well the Walmart I stepped into just this morning was empty. More employees than customers running around trying to show their worth.

I was in line to pay, the cashier changed gloves, wore a mask and had hand sanitizer behind the line (not that that works w/o soap and water)..

Now...no prompting or instruction, the customers stayed well away from eachother, congenial; aware of the risk. E.g. A family behind me was waiting to checkout and I was a good 12ft away.

Good! But the whole "US bashing" is getting way out of hand.

We are retooling industries right now. Pharmaceutical is rehousing in the US, fundraising for families here, outreach into infinitum...the market will snap back and the stimulus amounts will ripple through the world economies in a positive way...the US is testing Covid19 at an astounding rate..leave the politics at the door.

Mg

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: pasiphae

originally posted by: MrRCflying

I think clotting can be a problem with this virus. One of the signs is elevated D-dimer (got this from a tweet by Craig Spencer MD. If you google that it indicates that there may be significant blood clot (thrombus) formation and breakdown in the body. So the combo of pneumonia and the clot to me looks like there's a probability. Who knows if they will test him or not.

There has been a couple cases confirmed at that hospital so far I believe. I have no idea if they tested him or not, just going on information from a phone call.

It just seems to me, pneumonia now is suspicious.

I hope he pulls through, and is okay, but he is older, and has several other health problems, so prognosis is not good.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Personal updates: In the GTA...

Just got back from the groceries.. It was ugly. Food is gone.

Our main supplier (RCSS, Galen Westen) said there would be no issues with the supply chain.

I hate to mitigate front lines, but here it is.

“First and foremost. Do not worry. We are not running out of food or essential supplies,” Weston said.

“Our supply chain and store teams are responding to the spikes in volume and quickly getting the most important items back on the shelf. Volumes are already normalizing somewhat, and we are catching up.”

They'e not.

www.huffingtonpost.ca...

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: elitegamer23

Culture is to different for it work in my opinion, also it varies politician to politician on how fast they try to control things.

My county in GA has a curfew and has shutdown likely hot spot gatherings, and we haven't even had a confirmed case yet, but then we are mostly a rural county where folks are more likely to avoid big groups anyways.

Honestly I dont know, I think India had to go for absolute lockdown fast because of the sanitation issues in their country.

Though ultimately only time will tell.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAZ21
UK only 11 deaths today, so there's some good news.

I also find Spain's numbers suspect, they appear to have come down a lot today, but they released them earlier than usual...their attempt to massage the numbers?

I don't think they've released the numbers for England yet. These will be Scotland/Wales/NI

(post by SeektoUnderstand removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Michigan 1770, I figured we would be over 2000 today. Grocery stores are quiet and full employees are tired so hours have been cut.

edit on 25-3-2020 by mikell because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 240  241  242    244  245  246 >>

join