It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 241
<< 238  239  240    242  243  244 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: MissBeck

originally posted by: FinallyAwake
I take it you guys already know Prince Charles has the virus?

I'll put a source to that in case you get asked.

Coronavirus: Prince Charles tests positive but 'remains in good health'

Thanks, I was having phone trouble and couldn't attach. Assumed it would be so over the news 👍🏻

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I take it you gotta know Prince Charles has the virus now?

Why does that matter?

Soz I'm a bit slow on the uptake today, you're right it doesn't really matter in an update thread 👍🏻

Of course it matters in an update thread, he is next in line to the throne, massive implications for the british if he kicks the bucket.

Try trusting your instincts instead of bowing to others rubbish.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 06:36 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

Cases of the novel coronavirus among NYPD employees spiked 38 percent overnight, the department said Tuesday, prompting calls for residents to stay at home and help stop the virus’ spread.

As of Tuesday, there were 211 positive NYPD cases, including 177 uniformed officers and the remainder being civilian employees of the department.

NYPD Commissioner Dermot Shea turned to Twitter to urge residents in New York and elsewhere to "#StayAtHome" in an effort to help protect first responders, health care workers and other people who still have to report to work amid widespread coronavirus-related closures.

In all, 2,774 of the NYPD’s employees were out sick Tuesday -- a number that accounts for 7.6 percent of the department’s uniformed workforce.

That’s more than double the amount of officers who call out sick on a typical day, the New York Post reported.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Yeah, I'm up in the NE (Thailand). we are expecting the numbers to ramp up steeply in the coming weeks. Meanwhile it's amazing how Thailand seemed to dodge the bullet for so long. Still only 4 deaths!
Now we are trying to get the message across to my wife's parents to change their lifelong habits now and to avoid their normal social contacts for a while. They are in the late 70's early 80's group so quite vulnerable by all accounts. a reply to: 727Sky

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Got to have law and order soon or else...

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I take it you gotta know Prince Charles has the virus now?

Why does that matter?

Soz I'm a bit slow on the uptake today, you're right it doesn't really matter in an update thread 👍🏻

Of course it matters in an update thread, he is next in line to the throne, massive implications for the british if he kicks the bucket.

Try trusting your instincts instead of bowing to others rubbish.

I know you are right, and thanks 👍🏻

Very difficult for me to think straight atm, shouldn't really be posting (spamming), will stop now.

Thanks again.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Indian leader announces that of midnight tonight their time the whole country 1.3 billion people are lockeddown in their homes for 3 weeks.

No one outside no exceptions for this period.

I think this is a first is it not that a country totally unequivocally locks down.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

originally posted by: 727Sky
I reported yesterday Thailand was claiming a jump to 599 cases. Today they are reporting an additional jump to 721 (122 increase).

Like I said in the previous post many of the tourist spots are shut down to include Bangkok which closed just about everything except grocery stores and malls. Millions can not work so instead of starving they are returning to family who live outside the shuttered areas. I expect the reported infected to really start to increase all over the place.. We just had three cases reported in my part of the country. Governor told everyone to shut their businesses except for the Mall and major grocery stores. They even shut down my 5 local golf courses "Mayday Mayday !"

I really do worry about all the people who already lived day to day on their meager earnings who will now have absolutely nothing as far as money to survive on.

Thailand records 107 new coronavirus cases, bringing total to 934 - health official
newsletter.thaivisa.com...

Thailand has recorded four death since the outbreak while 70 patients have recovered and gone home. 860 patients are still being treated in hospitals.

Everything is now just about shut down. A few places have carry out for food but store front businesses are shuttered.

This country no matter where you drive there will be someone along the side of the road selling Charcoal cooked meats or fruits and vegetables ... I have never gotten sick eating that food.. Although I have spent 2 days in the hospital from having Dairy Queen ice cream that was dispensed out of a dirty or not cleaned machine.. so go figure ?

All the road venders I have seen are now wearing mask... Looks like stuff will be shut down for at least 30 days...?

A friend told me today we now have 4 cases in our town so the fear factor for many has been retched up...

Hi 727Sky, I see the Temperatures and Humidity in Thailand are quite high right now, 34-37°C, and ~60-70% Relative humidity.
Do you have any breakdown of the cases in Thailand, as in Critical/Serious/Hospitalized/At Home ?

I Would just be interested to see the spread, so we can maybe get some idea of whether the heat does anything to slow or calm the Virus down.

Quite a few people seem to be thinking that with Summer and the Warm weather on the way, that this will just go away...

Thanks for the Updates, I have friends in Bangkok, who have been isolating for a couple of weeks already.
Stay Safe.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: cirrus12
Does anyone remember that video when Trump was sat at a table with some people having a meeting or something and he said 'it'll just go away, just like that - it'll be like a miracle' or words to that effect?
I need to try and find it. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
a reply to: Mamana12

He said that on a press conference on the 27th of february. I found this compilation of his lies regarding the spread of this virus (I think I saw it first on one of ATS threads). Enjoy.

edit on 25-3-2020 by hades84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: NxNWest

Ah CRAP! I guess my massive doses of a proton inhibitor isn't a good thing...course I have the fact I am female kinda going for me….I am only age 53.....and I have been isolating in Arizona for almost 2 weeks now....NO outside contact.....but the prescription I take slows down my acid production......otherwise I would be swallowing acid daily.....sigh.....

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 07:32 AM
link   
From the French Live Feed

10h51 : French Distillery 'Awen Nature' is now voluntarily changing its production to Hand Sanitizer Gel, which is donated to different Associations, and Retirement Homes.

11h35 : Three Cruise Ships stuck off coast of Australia. They have been refused permission to dock, in Western Australia.

11h55 : Spain is now the second country, after Italy, to surpass China in Total Number of Deaths.

12h26 : Mali declares it first two cases of Coronavirus, both people returning from France mid-March.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: NxNWest

Nice find. Thanks for posting.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 08:02 AM
link   
From the Guardian Live Feed :

7.23am : The Number of Cases in Africa are still behind Europe and US, but Confirmed cases are rising, in South Africa, Kenya, Egypt, Algeria and Burkina Faso, among others.

8.06am : "Rabbi's in Israel have have made an exemption for the upcoming Passover Feast, Ruling that Families and Friends do not have to gather around the same table. The Dinner can be held by Video Conference call."
They seem to Single out 'Zoom' as the Conf Call of choice.

8.36am : France is currently testing 9000 cases a day, with an extra 10,000 tests expected by the beginning of next week (not extra per-day).
The Number of Intensive Care Ventilator beds has been increased from 5000 to 8000.

The number of confirmed coronavirus cases in France, as reported from the daily update last evening, is 22,300, a rise of 2,444 in a day, 10,176 people are in hospital with the virus, 2,516 of them in intensive care (34% of ICU cases are aged under 60). There have been 1,100 deaths in hospitals, 85% of which are of people over 70 years. The number of deaths rose sharply by 240 in 24 hours. This figure does not include those who have died in retirement homes or outside hospitals.

8.43am : After a call for 250K Volunteers in the UK to help the NHS yesterday, 170K people have already responded.

9.41am : Ireland is prioritizing the testing of People who show Two Symptoms, trather than just one. They beleive they had 'cast the net too wide' as too many tests are done daily, causing a backlog in the results.
Of the 17,992 tests carried out so far, 6% have tested Positive. Ireland currently has 1329 Confirmed Cases.

10.03am : Head of Germany's Public Health Body, "Still Too Early" to say whether the Physical Distancing Measures are having an effect.

As to why there is a relatively low death rate in Germany (officially 146 deaths, and over 31,500 infections, according to RKI figures), Wieler said it was due to the fact Germany had tested widely from the start, and was able to detect the virus earlier, and many milder cases were discovered.

10.22am : China's Lockdown Measures in Wuhan end elsewhere appear to have successfully ended Infections.

China’s tough lockdown and social distancing measures in Wuhan and other provinces appear to have successfully ended coronavirus infections and may chart a route back to normal life, according to a report from the University of London’s Imperial College, Sarah Boseley, the Guardian’s health editor, reports.

10.35am : Iran to impose Social Distancing, and Travel restrictions. These measures are due in the Next 24hrs.

12.20pm : Belgium : 50% increase in Hospital Admissions in single day (434 people in 24hrs)

12.40pm : Tokyo Implements Lockdown, after 41 new cases reported in the City alone. (MIM Might have more info)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   
And now we will pass a relief Bill that many have NOT even read, what could go wrong...
@2:30

Going to have to pass it to see whats in it.

"Trust the Negotiators"

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   
A few updates from Panama... (all sources in Spanish)
As of 5am this morning, the country has gone under a complete lockdown (source). You are now only allowed to leave the house for 2 hours during the day. The way it works is using the last digit on your ID number. For example, if your ID number ends in #1 (1-748-5241), you are allowed to leave the house from 1pm to 3pm to do grocery shopping, buy meds, go to the bank, etc. Foreigners can use their passport ID and migration services won't deport you in the case you are illegal in the country. If passport is expired, you can still use it to go out with no repercussions from migration officers.

If your ID number ends in:
#7: You can do shopping from 7am - 9am
#8: You can do shopping from 8am - 10am
#9: You can do shopping from 9am - 11am
#0: You can do shopping from 10am - 12n
#1: You can do shopping from 1pm - 3pm
#2: You can do shopping from 2pm - 4pm
#3: You can do shopping from 3pm - 5pm
#4: You can do shopping from 4pm - 6pm
#5: You can do shopping from 5pm - 7pm
#6: You can do shopping from 6pm - 8pm

Retirees above the age of 60yo have an exclusive shopping window between 11am and 1pm. (source)

People who brake lockdown rules go to prison (not sure for how long) and if you are diagnosed with COVID-19 and are seen breaking quarantine, you are fined for $50,000 to $100,000 USD.

Also, medical workers are upset with public transportation services as some taxi, bus and subway drivers think they might catch the virus by "transporting" health workers. Medical community in the country was very saddened and upset because of this.

Some private companies are supporting the community. Suzuki and BUSMEN, after learning the commute issues health workers have at the moment with our public transportation, have donated their transportation fleet to transport health workers for free.

LG electronics has donated washing machines and dryers combo for hospitals so health workers can wash their hospital uniform and clothers before leaving the premises to head down home.

And people are really pissed off about this one, while we are in our indefinite lockdown, sale and consumption of alcohol is prohibited

source

More updates to come from my tiny, 4.2M-population country.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Dallas receives more than 800 complaints about large gatherings amid threat of coronavirus:

www.dallasnews.com...

Wtf?! Restaurants, bars and gyms are not complying with the strict "shelter-in-place" rules and are letting people gather inside.

We are so screwed...

***Page not working now, sorry. Trying to find another link!
edit on 25-3-2020 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

ETA: Here's another link: mobile.twitter.com...
edit on 25-3-2020 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   
From BBC Live Feed

- 9.05am : India : 519 Confirmed cases, and 9 Deaths. Up to Monday Morning, India had tested 18,383 people.
A Total of 1,338 Tests have been done daily, on average, in last 5 Days.
India has capacity to test 12,000 a day.

- 9.42am : Chemical Giant Ineos is converting an unused building to dedicate it to producing Hand Sanitiser, for NHS and Supermarkets. They already have a site producing Ethanol, and are hoping this new site will be up and running at full capacity in 10 days (1 Million Bottles/month).

“Normally, we’d spend six months researching a market. But we’ve done none of that - we thought let’s just start and see how it goes.”

($$$$ ?)

9.53am : Malaysia extends lockdown from end of March to 14th April.

13.30pm : Lancet Editor says "UK Failed to Heed Early Warnings".

Dr Richard Horton told the Science Select Committee that this led to them adopting a “pedestrian approach” in preparing for the epidemic.

Dr Horton said papers from Chinese researchers published in the Lancet at the beginning of the year showed that the NHS was likely to be overwhelmed by cases. He said February was a “missed opportunity” to buy protective equipment and increase NHS capacity.

13.59 : "Royal doctors advise that Prince Charles would not have been contagious up until 13 March - a day after his last public engagement."
Riiiiiiiiight....

edit on 25-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: spelling

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyBalls2

Thanks on the possibility of a lock down. What we have now is the highest alert possible of getting the infection. Its only an advisable alert though if that makes sense. The mayor tonight had a press conference and wants people to work from home, don't go out this weekend to entertain yourself (economic depression coming to Tokyo ). So right now she isn't playing hardball at all, but she does appear to me to have the samurai spirit. I think she is a tough cookie and will have to shut down Tokyo, a population well over 14 million people. Its going to have to happen. It may have to happen this coming Sunday night if the people here don't wake up and take this seriously. There is no hysteria or panic as of now.
I made several post about the people in Tokyo may leave the city in times like this. I also said "A HUNGRY MAN IS A DANGEROUS MAN". Tokyo has many foreigners there. It can get ugly plus the Yakuza do have some strong areas that they control. I would not want to live in the Tokyo area starting tomorrow. If I had to, I'd buy a scooter , pack it up and head south real fast. At least we have warm weather.
I mentioned before this: If the Olympics is cancel then that is when the true shtf will happen. Right now it was already happening but it was silent, not really though. In Chiba, the ambulances were busy as all heck for the last few days.
Anyway the update for Tokyo increase to 41 cases as of 9 pm tonight. Also Yamaguchi Ken now has 6 cases. And Okinawa has 6 cases. ( I'm stating also the last 2 because of personal knowledge, there's a story on the new cases and it doesn't sound pretty at all) so I think we will see some new clusters. Okinawa probably can handle it, but Yamaguchi, the situation is a bit different , much different because it may also include family members in the future and who they had contact with. Like I once wrote: the japanese are saying "the world is in a mess" .

edit on 0300000046322020-03-25T08:32:46-05:00324603am8 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Ya know, in my country there are 220 infected currently who are positive. 3 deaths. - Bulgaria

There are definetly way more infected but here is the thing : People who show no symptoms and kids were tested. Everyone who has been in contact with them is also being tested with or without symptoms.

The reality is that they are actually testing real people without symptoms or with mild symptoms, not just the ones who are with severe symptoms.

The real doom and gloom comes from those countries that test only the seriously ill and those that are sure they have the virus.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   
From French Live Feed at 14h15 :

Madrid, Spain, has ordered 432 Million Euro's of Medical Equiptment from China :

- 550 Million Masks
- 5.5 Million "Quick" Tests (quick result i expect)
- 950 Respirators (Ventilators)
- 11 Million Gloves (Pairs I assume).

new topics

top topics

<< 238  239  240    242  243  244 >>

join