It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 246
<< 243  244  245    247  248  249 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Update for new UK Numbers (BNO hasn't updated UK yet) :
(Thanks to MissBeck and CrazeeWorld777 for noticing
)

www.worldometers.info...

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   
White House update now live :

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyBalls2

I've been watching them like a hawk! They were so late out with Englands numbers tonight. I was getting nervous. You're doing a great job though.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   
13 Deaths in a Day: An ‘Apocalyptic’ Coronavirus Surge at an N.Y.C. Hospital

In several hours on Tuesday, Dr. Ashley Bray performed chest compressions at Elmhurst Hospital Center on a woman in her 80s, a man in his 60s and a 38-year-old who reminded the doctor of her fiancé. All had tested positive for the coronavirus and had gone into cardiac arrest. All eventually died.

Elmhurst, a 545-bed public hospital in Queens, has begun transferring patients not suffering from coronavirus to other facilities as it moves toward becoming a facility dedicated entirely to the outbreak. Doctors and nurses have struggled to make do with a few dozen ventilators. Calls over a loudspeaker of “Team 700,” the code for when a patient is on the verge of death, come several times a shift. Some have died inside the emergency room while waiting for a bed.

A refrigerated truck has been stationed outside to hold the bodies of the dead. Over the past 24 hours, New York City’s public hospital system said in a statement, 13 people at Elmhurst had died.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

If this was brought out to early, and if their was an agenda, it would certainly stuff it up.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I was just forwarded this link to a YouTube video of a segment from RAI TV Italy in 2015 from our company microbiologist. This is in Italian, however, the segment explains that Chinese scientists were celebrating their success in engineering a SARS rat virus using a bat coronavirus spike receptor. The purpose of this was to engineer a super virus that could infect humans in order to study pneumonia. While the TV segment goes on to explain that the international scientific community was against creating such a virus and had discontinued work in this area the Chinese were determined to finish their work. Keep in mind this was from 2015!

Perhaps they did.....

The ramifications of this video are enormous. This could be the smoking gun....

www.youtube.com...
edit on 25-3-2020 by MedicalMarvel because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-3-2020 by MedicalMarvel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Are UK using a new treatment or something? Deaths have halved today, something's definitely happening there. Guess we'll know when we see the numbers tomorrow.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Here in Thailand we woke up this morning to a nation-wide state of emergency. It's an eery feeling because so far for us, this pandemic has been creating a big stir in the media but not at all in the real world around us. We don't know anyone who is sick with Covid-19 nor anyone who knows anyone who is sick.
Thailand's population is slightly greater than that of the UK and the first confirmed case here was early; way back when it broke out in South Korea and Japan. At that time crowds of tourists were coming and going from China, some from Wuhan.

Here's what puzzles me: with the rapid escalation of this infection in Europe, the US and particularly in the UK, why are the numbers so much lower in Thailand? UK cases: 8326, Thailand: 934. Deaths in UK: 435, in Thailand: only 4 !!!

I've heard that warm moist air hampers the spread of the virus. Maybe so, fair enough. Cultural differences may also be important. A Thai friend who is stuck in Milan right now feels that Italian habits of shaking hands, hugging and kissing each other undoubtedly contributed to spreading contagion. It also worried her that people there were very reluctant to wear masks.

Yesterday we stopped at a fuel station where I got some cash from the ATM. There's a small shelter with three machines and management had gone to the trouble of installing a working sink with a bottle of hand sanitizer on the pavement nearby. We see the hand gel a lot now, even a small village shop had it available for anyone to use.
When we went to a big warehouse store we were stopped at the door by a guard who took our temperatures before letting us enter. All the staff wore masks as did at least two-thirds of the customers.

Do you folks see these preventative measures in place where you are?

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   
From French Live Feed

- 22h25 : 410 Internet users arrested in Turkey for relaying 'False Information' about the Coronavirus.

- 22h40 : Finland is isolating the Capital, Helsinki, and its Uusimaa region, from the rest of the country.
"Movements in and out from the Uusimaa region of the Captial are prohibited, from Friday, until the 19th of April" said Sanna Marin during a Press conference.
"Everybody is however allowed to travel Home".

From the Guardian Live Feed :

- 9.27pm : " New research suggests that “off label” repurposing of drugs such as hydroxychloroquine could lead to “drug-induced sudden cardiac death” "

A paper by the nonprofit medical organisation the Mayo Clinic found that chloroquine and Kaletra, an HIV drug also being used against coronavirus, can cause the heart muscle to take longer than normal to recharge between beats.

- 9.39pm : UK Govt has asked Vacuum cleaner Dyson to Design and Manufacture 10,000 Ventilators to help deal with the outbreak in the coming weeks.

edit : Can't find link to the Mayo Paper. Please post it if you find it. Cheers.
edit on 25-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: (no reason given)

edit : For now, just a couple of links to Mayo Clinic Data on Chloroquine (Oral Route) and Kaletra (aka Lopinavir and Ritonavir)

edit on 25-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added links to Mayo Data On the Two Drugs, and Uusimaa

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   
From the BBC Live Feed :

- 22.33 : " Trump declares Major Disaster in 'Florida and Texas'. "

- 22.56 (and other sites) : " France pulls Troops from Iraq, due to Pandemic that has caused 27 Deaths there. "

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   
From French Live Feed and Twitter :

" Conor McGregor (MMA) is purchasing 1 million Euros worth of PPE (Personal Protection Equipmet) for the Fighting Hospitals of Leinster County (Ireland)"

Read his full response here :
twitter.com...
edit on 25-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: spelling

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   
So what is happening in the airline industry?

At present, international flights are unusual, with Japan Airlines down 71% from its original plan and ANA down 65%.
With the spread of the new coronavirus infection, traffic to and from foreign countries has decreased, and major airlines have already undergone major suspensions and reduced flights on a wide range of international routes including China and South Korea, as well as Europe and the United States.

See, people are not flying, finally after 2 weeks people woke up and decided not to fly unless emergency.

I just got done watching the news 8:30 am
After the mayor of Tokyo gave her speech last night, panic set in and people rushed to the stores. This morning showed some empty shelves. Frozen foods were hit hard and rice and ramen. That's about all I could tell. I know this is going to hit nation wide real soon. It has too today I betcha, but rainy weather and cold now.

edit on 0300000037292020-03-25T18:29:37-05:00293703pm6 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   
link

Why is Covid-19 death rate so low in Germany?

Recent articles have raised this issue with several theories put forth by local experts. Some feel that it is a temporary situation, since Germany, like South Korea, has been aggressively testing its population from the outset. Aggressive testing likely will identify persons otherwise too well to come to medical attention, thereby diluting the tested pool with a large set of infected but otherwise well people who are likely to remain so.

Read this. This is why they can't possibly know the death rate of this virus.

They don't know how many people have it, therefore, they can't have any intelligent way to establish any death rate numbers.

Here they're admitting that places with great test capacity have a lower death rate. Sure they do because they have an accurate measure of the people with the virus.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   
UK deaths up by 47 today, I know the latest numbers have been posted already... and yet still people aren’t listening, people still meeting up and going out regardless.

Personally I’ve had to back off from the news etc, my anxiety can’t cope with it. After all the years reading on here (since around 2010) this is the first time I’ve followed something and reacted and it’s actually happened.

Everywhere is very quiet, I walk the dog once a day as that’s all one person is allowed and there’s no cars around, no people either but I’m in a small town not a city. Getting food shopping is getting really difficult though. On my social media every single person is talking about it, and I’ve just seen the groups for updates have gone on fb now.

Stay safe everyone.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I wonder how the cops plan on adhering to the social distancing laws while fining people or taking them to jail....

Coronavirus social distancing breaches could lead to fines and jail time, NSW Police announces

police state

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 06:06 PM
link   
In spite of the first cases being in Houston, here in Dallas we have the highest morbidity and mortality in Texas.

Dallas (exclusive of the rest of the Metroplex) at 6:00 pm CST

Ill: 247
Deaths: 6

Texas, per Texas Tribune, noon 03/25/20
Ill: 995
deaths: 12

number tested: 13,235

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Nets.
Nets with long handles.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Claims by Donald Trump regarding the effectiveness against coronavirus of an anti-malarial drug untested against the disease have led to it being hoarded, as well as to at least one death in the US and a number of overdoses around the world. Trump called the drugs chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine potential “gamechangers” during a press conference last week, spurring a rush by some individuals – and even countries, including Algeria and Indonesia – to stockpile the drugs. India, meanwhile, has announced it will ban export of the drug. While New York state has ordered 70,000 doses for an approved clinical trial in combination with another drug, Trump’s intervention has led to at least one death after a man in Arizona took a non-pharmaceutical version intended for use in killing parasites in home aquariums. New research published on Wednesday suggested that “off label” re-purposing of drugs such as hydroxychloroquine could lead to “drug-induced sudden cardiac death”. The paper by the Mayo Clinic, a nonprofit medical organisation, found that chloroquine and Kaletra, a HIV drug also being used against coronavirus, can cause the heart muscle to take longer than normal to recharge between beats.

😳😳😳😳😳

We need more research on these drug cocktails we are mixing.

Can chloroquine really help treat coronavirus patients?

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
I wonder how the cops plan on adhering to the social distancing laws while fining people or taking them to jail....

Coronavirus social distancing breaches could lead to fines and jail time, NSW Police announces

police state

Those are all threats made to scare the idiots that don't comply. Those laws won't be enforced until we are forced into a real, military lockdown.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka

I'm not sure about that, more ike revenue raising, not enough people out drink and drug driving, they have to pay for all those fancy cars, busses and equipment somehow.

top topics

<< 243  244  245    247  248  249 >>

join